Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Saturday Night Rip: 1985 Topps Hockey ** 9/23 Update**

1235»

Comments

• Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Great sub. I don't have the guts to crack out a PSA 10 and hand it to Lemieux for him to sign and then give it back to PSA in the hopes that Lemieux and you handled it properly to get back into the PSA 10 slab. But if that happened for you, songs would be sung over your great fortune!

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Love this set!! Nice cards!!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2018 4:46PM

@phelda said:
    Great sub. I don't have the guts to crack out a PSA 10 and hand it to Lemieux for him to sign and then give it back to PSA in the hopes that Lemieux and you handled it properly to get back into the PSA 10 slab. But if that happened for you, songs would be sung over your great fortune!

Yeah I'm a bit wary myself. That's why I'd like to do it at a show where both are present. I'd like to talk to someone at the PSA both and explain to them what I'm looking to do. Not sure if they would be willing or able to help facilitate the process but I figure it can't hurt to ask. At the least it could make for some cool social media PR for them. Im not sure if I would crack it, get it signed and then mail it in with the old label in the card saver, but I might if it comes to that.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

A surprise Sunday mail day!!

Kevin

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    Yes it was a crack and sub. I don't know if I'd have the guts to do it on a high dollar 9 that could comeback otherwise but this was a no brainer. It has perfect centering, corners, and edges. One very small unnoticeable in hand surface mark.

My goal now is to find a show where Mario is signing and PSA is present to crack it on site, get it signed, and have it become the first 10/10 Mario RC (Topps or OPC B) ). I missed a chance last fall at the Expo when PSA was there and Mario was signing. Who knows if I'll get my chance but you gotta have goals!

Kevin

That signature idea is pretty cool. I always wondered if PSA would do that, but I am sure they would be harsh on the auto since fresh ink or the signor would mess up if I tried this. LOL

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Congrats Kevin. That card is gorgeous.