Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Whitman Baltimore Expo So Far

Woke up, drove to the airport and I am now at my gate typing this report.

More later -

Comments

  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Rats, I forgot to go.

    :)

    Frank

    BHNC #203

  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I fly up Thursday.
    Can't wait. I love coin shows!!

    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    shishshish Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm unable to make it, looking forward to your reports.

    Liberty Seated and Trade Dollar Specialist
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Have a great time and keep us posted on the event :smile:

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

    Sounds like the report I plan to have tomorrow!

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Great beginning to a stellar report....Look forward to 'the rest of the story'.... ;) Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017 7:47AM

    Pithy! But always appreciated.

    Tom

  • Options
    bkzoopapabkzoopapa Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

    In my role as a zoo governor, I am leaving tomorrow for Baltimore to study the declining crab population, or at least contribute to it.

  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CoinRaritiesOnline said:
    Woke up, drove to the airport and I am now at my gate typing this report.

    More later -

    Please don't leave out anything. We want to know everything.

    • Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MrEureka said:
    I’m leaving for the show tomorrow morning and haven’t bought or sold a coin yet. Not a good sign for the market, but I’m hoping things will get better once I’ve actually arrived.

    When does your super secret buyer show up to make his usual seven figure stack?

  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Boosibri said:

    @MrEureka said:
    I’m leaving for the show tomorrow morning and haven’t bought or sold a coin yet. Not a good sign for the market, but I’m hoping things will get better once I’ve actually arrived.

    When does your super secret buyer show up to make his usual seven figure stack?

    Seven figures? These days, I’m thinking Tokyo is my best shot. And the deal will be priced in yen, of course.

    Andy Lustig

    Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

    Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CoinRaritiesOnline said:
    Woke up, drove to the airport and I am now at my gate typing this report.

    More later -

    Cups of coffee before 5:31AM post?
    Cups of coffee at airport?

    It's 12:15 - Bathroom breaks so far?
    How was baggage claim?
    If Uber instead of cab, how much did you save?

    Any thoughts on the quality of StacksBowers lot viewing coffee yet?
    Is the Starbucks coffee stand in the convention center open?

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for the update!

  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭

    Arrived at the hotel at 7:50 and was delighted to see that my room was available, so I went up, ditched everything, made a few calls, had a coffee and headed over to the convention center for lot viewing.

    Took me about 3 hours to get through everything - always one of the advantages of being there early - little or no competition for boxes, 2 and 3 lot viewing assistants making sure I had everything I needed. I think I waited a grand total of 3 minutes for box #46. That was it.

    Now marking things on my watch list over lunch before going back later for round 2 - a re-look at some pieces.

    By then the usual suspects will have arrived at the convention center and we can start comparing notes from the HA auctions and doing some deals before I have to see a guy about an early gold coin this afternoon.

  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CoinRaritiesOnline said:
    Arrived at the hotel at 7:50 and was delighted to see that my room was available, so I went up, ditched everything, made a few calls, had a coffee and headed over to the convention center for lot viewing.

    Took me about 3 hours to get through everything - always one of the advantages of being there early - little or no competition for boxes, 2 and 3 lot viewing assistants making sure I had everything I needed. I think I waited a grand total of 3 minutes for box #46. That was it.

    Now marking things on my watch list over lunch before going back later for round 2 - a re-look at some pieces.

    By then the usual suspects will have arrived at the convention center and we can start comparing notes from the HA auctions and doing some deals before I have to see a guy about an early gold coin this afternoon.

    Early gold you say?

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You're too organized.

    Have a good time!

    Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MrEureka said:

    @Boosibri said:

    @MrEureka said:
    I’m leaving for the show tomorrow morning and haven’t bought or sold a coin yet. Not a good sign for the market, but I’m hoping things will get better once I’ve actually arrived.

    When does your super secret buyer show up to make his usual seven figure stack?

    Seven figures? These days, I’m thinking Tokyo is my best shot. And the deal will be priced in yen, of course.

    Maybe your super secret stealth seller will have better luck in Baltimore while you are in Tokyo.

    PS find me some cool Irish stuff.

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017 1:42PM

    How about Pokestops and Gyms? Have you snagged any Legendaries? ;)

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CoinRaritiesOnline said:
    Woke up, drove to the airport and I am now at my gate typing this report.

    More later -

    A riveting recap.

  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Woke up.

    Printed boarding pass.

    Wrote down table numbers of various dealers.

    Fished out magnifying glass attached to FUN show lanyard.

    Debated whether to use light rail or taxi from the airport.

    Yup, we're off to an exciting start here!

  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Woke up, fell out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
    And looking up, I noticed I was late

    Found my coat and grabbed my hat
    Made the bus in seconds flat
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
    And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM

    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Catbert said:
    Woke up, fell out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
    And looking up, I noticed I was late

    Found my coat and grabbed my hat
    Made the bus in seconds flat
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
    And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM

    Today's music pales when compared to what many of us grew up on.

    “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

    My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

    "All We Are Saying......... Is Give Pocket-Pieces a Chance!!....." ;)

  • Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

    @Yorkshireman said:
    Can't wait. I love coin shows!!

    Bold stance, given present company. I don't think you'll find a single likeminded soul here.

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017 4:55PM

    @Cameonut said:

    @Catbert said:
    Woke up, fell out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
    And looking up, I noticed I was late

    Found my coat and grabbed my hat
    Made the bus in seconds flat
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
    And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM

    Today's music pales when compared to what many of us grew up on.

    Love the Beatles......they are pioneers.

    Wish I could be in Baltimore..........I'll make it there someday soon.

    “I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I also love coin shows. Be there Thursday and Friday. Hope to meet some forum members from the East coast as I search for Barber halves and dimes.

  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Headed to Baltimore tomorrow with my tiny want list after going to my 50th high school reunion. Am I really that old? :'(

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file