Home U.S. Coin Forum

A Few More Standing Lib Quarters w/ Toning

Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

All - I posted my ‘18P with rainbow toning on the reverse a week ago, and decided to share a few more with various degrees of toning with the forum.
Comments and other toned slqs are welcomed.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love them all. Nice to see quality coins in the raw too!

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some great SLQ's posted.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some beautiful silver Greg. Thanks for sharing. Maybe get to see all of your SLQ's one day.
    jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017 3:00PM

Awesome SLQ's and photography, clarkbar - that 19P is incredible!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Awesome SLQ's and photography, clarkbar - that 19P is incredible!

Thanks, but all I can take credit for is ownership - crazyhounddog took the photos.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe certainly has the touch with a camera. Extemely nice coins, clarkbar. Very envious of your coins, both of you.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like 'em! Here's mine-MS64-part of my toned 20th century type set.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man-that first one is an absolute knockout!!

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome toners, david3142!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D....Those are very impressive SLQ's.... nice strikes and preservation....I certainly reflect on the days they circulated when I was a kid... never saved any of them....Though I do not recall any of that quality passing through my paper route change. ;) Cheers, RickO

• ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great look on all the posted coins! My album set that started as VGish with full dates is morphing into more XFish,but nothing approaching these pieces. Congrats to all!

• thanks for the posts everyone! if I can't own 'em all, seeing pics is pretty cool, too. here's my contribution:

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lordy, I love these coins. I can't believe I don't have a nice one to share.

These are among the most beautiful designs of the 20th century.

Exceptional examples above. @walkerguy, @clarkba, @Kyle, @koynekwest, @WingedLiberty1957, @david3142, @edward8vo.
    Lance.

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2018 10:55PM

The Type II Phildelphia coins from 1917 - 1920 were well struck, and you can find Unc. FH examples without difficulty.
    They are beautiful coins, but you can get a headache looking at "just made it" FH examples. Branch mint FH coins are much more scarce than their Philadelphia counterparts.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

WHEW! I don't think the head on that 1924 could possibly have been struck any better.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins on this thread. SLQ's have a Max Parrish look to me for some reason.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file