Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not all reporting works,,,,,,,,this is still up days after I reported...

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a crime to sell a fake as a real coin? Is that regulated by the Fed's? If so what agency is it? He mentions it might be a fake does that get him off the hook? He states quote " purchase at your own risk" Is he now free from any legal ramifications should the buyer later say he did not know? Sorry for all the questions.

• Options

If you want counterfeit coins removed from ebay, you need to report them here and they will be removed within 24 hours:

https://coincommunity.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=160

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this and thought ebay was leaving it up as some kind of an inside joke, LOL. 6 bidders? shills or an agglomoration of ignorami?

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Is it a crime to sell a fake as a real coin? Is that regulated by the Fed's? If so what agency is it? He mentions it might be a fake does that get him off the hook? He states quote " purchase at your own risk" Is he now free from any legal ramifications should the buyer later say he did not know? Sorry for all the questions.

I think it may be illegal under the seldom enforced Hobby Protection ACt.
    Since no 79-cc TD's were made, seller may have an out as a "fantasy coin."
    I think the best a buyer could hope for would be to get his money back without having to return the Koin.
    Secret Service handles counterfeits but they really aren't interested in fake classic coins. Legal downside for the seller is pretty much nil.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the coin dealer told him it was fake and the guy he bought it from told him it was real. So buy at your own risk. Seriously wrong.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported, and email sent to seller.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone!!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

About time... don't know how it could have been more obvious... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file