Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The new PCGS holder?? Warning...Ebay link

Comments

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 6:47AM

Against ebay policy to state a grade on an ungraded coin.

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

She alomost looks like on the "potty dollars" that made in the 19th century.

That counterfeit is so bad, that not even the Chinese would own up to it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

funny

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow. A counterfeit cast from crudely hand carved dies. Someone quick suggest to the seller that it should be submitted to PCGS on a walk through !

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it doesn't get The Bean,
    it should come back with
    Chop-Sticks, at least.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    OwenSeymourOwenSeymour Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

That's a face only a mother could love

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im highest bidder at a whopping $1.25. But I don't think it will make it to the end.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poof,

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 3:03PM

Ha. Someone explain how the listing turned into what it is now.
    Lance.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

How did that happen? The original must have "Poofed" but now clicking on the link I get an APMEX listing for a real one.

I didn't think that listing was going to last too long >:)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am too late for the original... the link now has a PCGS Trade Dollar.... Obviously the original was a very poorly done counterfeit, judging by the responses above...How do they change the listings like that under the same link? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I am too late for the original... the link now has a PCGS Trade Dollar.... Obviously the original was a very poorly done counterfeit, judging by the responses above...How do they change the listings like that under the same link? Cheers, RickO

Bill Jones has the image of the coin in his post above. It was in a plastic clam style box, no actual "holder".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file