Home Sports Talk
Options

No more week by week on the Cowboys.....stick a fork in them....they are DONE!!!!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 19, 2017 8:51PM in Sports Talk

Smacking the Giants and only allowing 3 points in the process! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big D vs. Little D coming up this weekend.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Big D vs. Little D coming up this weekend.

Only this time our QB won't be Romo and throwing to you guys and giving the game away. ;)

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least Romo put up 50 pts vs Denver..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Bad calls all over the place......including the ruffing the passer on Miller. Terrible defense by Dallas. Pathetic offense by Dallas. I had to turn it off....my chair couldn't take any more!

• Options

Totally overmatched.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

We pounded the Giants and they are a better team than Denver. We just sucked tonight.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    We pounded the Giants and they are a better team than Denver. We just sucked tonight.

@DIMEMAN said:

The Giants are better than the Broncos?? LOL, in what universe is that?

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

We will see where they both end up. I hope you are right, but the Giants will end up in the playoffs.

• Options
    edited September 17, 2017 5:33PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

We will see where they both end up. I hope you are right, but the Giants will end up in the playoffs.

Without Beckham, they are a 5-11 team at best. Neglecting the OL is going to haunt them with a QB as immobile as Manning. They also have no running game. Even with Beckham, I doubt they will finish better than 8-8.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Without Beckham, they are a 5-11 team at best. Neglecting the OL is going to haunt them with a QB as immobile as Manning. They also have no running game. Even with Beckham, I doubt they will finish better than 8-8.

WOW...8-8......again I hope you are right!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

As ineffective as Elliott was perhaps this can count as one of the six games he must sit out.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brick with the well timed zinger. LOL.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Brick said:
    As ineffective as Elliott was perhaps this can count as one of the six games he must sit out.

I like that...LOL. :(

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Little D beats Big D, in a big way, for the 6th time in a row. Denver is off to a good start (thought it almost choked in game 1).

6 in a row is fine, but it still does not remove the sour taste from my mouth of the beat down Dallas gave Denver almost 40 years ago in the January, 1978 Superbowl. I would trade the 6 wins in a row for a win in that Superbowl.

Keep your chin up Dimeman, Dallas will rebound and make some noise this year.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Little D beats Big D, in a big way, for the 6th time in a row. Denver is off to a good start (thought it almost choked in game 1).

6 in a row is fine, but it still does not remove the sour taste from my mouth of the beat down Dallas gave Denver almost 40 years ago in the January, 1978 Superbowl. I would trade the 6 wins in a row for a win in that Superbowl.

I remember that SB in 78. :) Memories is all I have had sense 1995. Our defense looked so good last week and this week they should have been wearing dresses!!! They couldn't stop anything. And Zeke was running like a 3rd grade girl! :/

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@SanctionII said:

I remember that SB in 78. :) Memories is all I have had sense 1995. Our defense looked so good last week and this week they should have been wearing dresses!!! They couldn't stop anything. And Zeke was running like a 3rd grade girl! :/

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Now he is going to go slap his woman around cause his feelings are hurt

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Now he is going to go slap his woman around cause his feelings are hurt

That has yet to be proven. ;)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I await Dimeman's report on tonight's cuisine, I believe Crow is on the midnight menu.

• Options

Cowboys play tomorrow ........what is your point. ;)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

obviously it is an error on my part so we will wait another day for dinner.

• Options

I will really be disappointed if they play bad enough to lose to AZ.

• Options

Well, unless things change soon I will be switching channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

I am sick of hearing how great the Cowboys O-line is! Last year they were, but pay attention people..........they lost 2 starters of that line. And they lost all 4 DB's to FA! And to top all of that off we have one of the WORST head coaches in the NFL. They won last year in spite of him.

Geeeze.......I could just puke!!!!!

• Options
    edited September 25, 2017 6:28PM

And you don't have Romo to bring you back from behind to bail out an inferior team, either. Go Cowboys! LOL!

• Options

@grote15 said:
    And you don't have Romo to bring you back from behind to bail out an inferior team, either. Go Cowboys! LOL!

They suck for sure......but would suck worse with Romo!

• Options

Why don't they get the ball to Dez Bryant more frequently? He's supposedly one of the better wideouts in the league and his numbers are always putrid.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Rome has done more with far less.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2017 6:39PM

Why do they run Elliot up the middle where everybody is. I don't care how good a runner you are......if there is a solid wall of men....you are going nowhere! The play caller for Dallas is sucking right now!!!!

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

Mark...don't get me going on ROMO the "CHOKE MASTER"!!!

• Options
    edited September 25, 2017 6:46PM

Jon you may be in luck. Arizona stinks

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Jon you may be in luck. Arizona stinks

mark

We sure made them look good in the first half.

• Options

Relax it's 7-7. Dallas was only a 2 point favorite

mark

• Options

Looking at the rest of the schedule and they way we are playing........it could be a long season.

• Options

DM, you're beginning to sound like that SF fan who used to bemoan how terrible his team was anytime they lost. Try not to be that guy.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    DM, you're beginning to sound like that SF fan who used to bemoan how terrible his team was anytime they lost. Try not to be that guy.

Hey, I'm just trying to be honest. They were destroyed by Denver and now playing a hapless Cardinal team to a tie!!!!!!

What am I supposed to think!!!

• Options

No TD there if Romo was QB!

• Options

DM, as usual your doom & gloom projection was premature..

• Options

What an offensive line

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    What an offensive line

mark

Like parting the red sea on that last drive.

• Options

Well a win is a win as scary as it was. B)

• Options

The last 22 years must have been hell for you

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    The last 22 years must have been hell for you

mark

They were.....but the previous 35 were great! :)

• Options

I'm surprised you survived the drought seeing how you almost didn't make it out of the first quarter tonight

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I'm surprised you survived the drought seeing how you almost didn't make it out of the first quarter tonight

mark

Actually the whole 22 years weren't bad. Last year was good and there some good times in there. :)

The whole first half was awful last night. Even though it was 7-7...we had the ball for what 2-3 minutes. Pretty bad!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2017 7:48AM

Even keel, Dimeman, even keel. 4 quarters, not 1 or 2.

I said the Boys have no playmakers on D and I was wrong about that. Demarcus Lawrence Taylor wreaked all kinds of havoc last night. But they don't have much else on the d-line, so I expect teams to chip & double him to high heaven in coming weeks.

I still say Dez's best days are behind him. Yes, he has found the zone the last two weeks, but to me he looks like he's 28 going on about 32. When you put legit corners like Jenkins, Talib and Peterson on him, the result is a grand total of 114 receiving yards in 3 games.

Remember when Chris Johnson was the fastest guy in the NFL? Dude looks like he has lost 2.5 steps. ZERO burst.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Even keel, Dimeman, even keel. 4 quarters, not 1 or 2.

I said the Boys have no playmakers on D and I was wrong about that. Demarcus Lawrence Taylor wreaked all kinds of havoc last night. But they don't have much else on the d-line, so I expect teams to chip & double him to high heaven in coming weeks.

I still say Dez's best days are behind him. Yes, he has found the zone the last two weeks, but to me he looks like he's 28 going on about 32. When you put legit corners like Jenkins, Talib and Peterson on him, the result is a grand total of 114 receiving yards in 3 games.

Remember when Chris Johnson was the fastest guy in the NFL? Dude looks like he has lost 2.5 steps. ZERO burst.

Our biggest problem on defense is losing all 4 DB's to FA. I hate FA and the salary cap!

• Options

All teams have to deal with salary caps and free agency. It hasn't hurt the Patroits the last ten years or so

mark

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

They had Julius Caesar though.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

mark

They had Julius Caesar though.

Ha!

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    All teams have to deal with salary caps and free agency. It hasn't hurt the Patroits the last ten years or so

mark

I know it is the same for all....I still hate it!!!