Home U.S. Coin Forum

The Game of Thrones Season concluded yesterday. Post a White Walker

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 28, 2017 3:39PM in U.S. Coin Forum

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Littlefinger got GOT on GoT !!!

Just picked up this 36-D raw....Original Antique white, which I think fits the thread.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinlieutenant-

I didn't see that one coming. Neither did he

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

No, it was well disguised and believable that it could go the other way given the show's past.

Very incestering, I mean interesting episode...:D

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what the dead dragon was sptting, plasma? But the wall is no more.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who got the Charmin and who got the scratchy stuff?

@BruceS said:
    I don't know what the dead dragon was sptting, plasma? But the wall is no more.

Fire and Ice baby. That was an incredible scene

mark

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2017 5:48PM

Haven't watched the first episode but everyone seems to rave about it.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS65 1941-S Semi-PL

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

I lost track after season 2....did I miss anything?

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Game of Throne's Dragon

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • AblinkyAblinky Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Took me a while to find one I liked.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice 36 in an amazing grade! My walker photos suck but this one came out OK.

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2017 6:42PM

I still can't process last nights episode!

How about something different. Not a specifically made GoT silver ring. It was made way before the show but check out the stones too. Fire & Ice!

The more you VAM..
  • nk1nknk1nk Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭

Could you imagine if Dan Carr did some GOT themes fantasy strike coins!

@nk1nk said:
    Could you imagine if Dan Carr did some GOT themes fantasy strike coins!

Yeah that would be cool but he would need permission from the rights holder, HBO or their parent company I assume, to sell them. I don't see that happening any time soon. I would like a "Master of Coin" gold coin with one side a protrait of Littlefinger and the other side a portarit of Tyrion. As well as onviously an Ice & Fire coin. Maybe the Targaryan & Stark banners, a dragon on one side and a dire wolf on the other.

The more you VAM..
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK.... I have no idea what this movie - or program - is all about.... I assume it is some new rage of fiction. However, the fact that it has inspired this thread of WLH pictures is great....@Wabbit2313...that is an amazing Walker..... Cheers, RickO

• fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought this a couple of months ago.

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2017 10:12AM

They call me the "threadslayer" cuz after I post, it dies!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Mark, every time you post that coin I get just a little more jealous :)

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2017 12:17PM

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

He was on Arya's list. It had to happen sooner or later - no one gets off that list alive.

Here is Joe Paonesa's site for Game Of Thrones coins:

https://www.shirepost.com/collections/a-game-of-thrones-coins

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

He was on Arya's list. It had to happen sooner or later - no one gets off that list alive.

I'll be sad if she ever does off the Hound. Their dynamic has been really well played, especially with his admiration of her shown in the latest episode.

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection

@EagleEye said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

True but do you think The Hound will get a reprieve? I think he will.

The more you VAM..
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:

@EagleEye said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

I think the hound is toast...the mountain is gonna crush him...of course he will be revived by the god of light and then it's over for his older brother the mountain...watch it happen and then you can say you saw it here first ;)

edited August 29, 2017 4:49PM

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:

@CascadeChris said:

@EagleEye said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

I think the hound is toast...the mountain is gonna crush him...of course he will be revived by the god of light and then it's over for his older brother the mountain...watch it happen and then you can say you saw it here first ;)

A reprieve from Arya's list. She wanted him dead the most aside those that killed her father but she was too weak to do it when she was with him. I think he will be the only one on the list she gives a reprieve to.

The more you VAM..

@EagleEye said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

It the books it was considered a distinct possibility that Littlefinger would sit upon The Iron Throne through manipulation. I was fixuated on that angle.

mark l

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something about all the dragon riding has spoiled the show for me a bit. Something like the Fonz waterskiing... But it may just be a case of unachievable expectations at this point. Somewhere between season 6 and 7, I feel they've lost their way. Maybe it's no coincidence that the show started to slip from my its hinges when Martin's source material was exhausted.

MJ, I dearly admire that 36 - always enjoy a spin through your set. I do miss my Precious.....19-D Walker that now resides with Dr. Duckor.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

@ breakdown- having read the books numerous times I actually resented the TV series period. I finally caved in and I'm glad I did. The TV series reflected Martins books 80% for the first five seasons. When they ran out of source material and went out on their own in 6 and 7 I actually enjoyed it as it was new to the book reader.

I think they did a good job holding back the dragons and White Walkers as long as they did. Besides what good is a dragon unless a hot babe is riding them?

mark

@Justacommeman I felt the same way. Resented the series, but finally started to enjoy it. Now love it as I have given up reading a sixth much less a 7th book. I finished book 5 before Season 1 was over! Grrrrr.....

@coinlieutenant I was taken aback how much the characters inntge series matched what I imagined them to be in the read.

Nothing like The Red Wedding scene in the book. I was physically shaken while reading each word. The only other material of that genre that matched it was from King's epic Dark Tower series.

I also liked how Jamie Lannister morphed from being most vile and hated to actually a likeable man. Book and series did a nice job there

mark

@Justacommeman Agree. Jaime L was horrible. Love the character development. I still think that he will be the one that drives the dagger into his sister's back

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@breakdown said:
    Something about all the dragon riding has spoiled the show for me a bit. Something like the Fonz waterskiing... But it may just be a case of unachievable expectations at this point. Somewhere between season 6 and 7, I feel they've lost their way. Maybe it's no coincidence that the show started to slip from my its hinges when Martin's source material was exhausted.

MJ, I dearly admire that 36 - always enjoy a spin through your set. I do miss my Precious.....19-D Walker that now resides with Dr. Duckor.

It may have slipped from your "hinges," but it attracted more followers each season over the previous one. With season 7 having the largest audience. I watch T.V. for entertainment and must admit, I will miss this one when it concludes in 2018/19.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@Justacommeman said:

@EagleEye said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @coinlieutenant-

mark

It the books it was considered a distinct possibility that Littlefinger would sit upon The Iron Throne through manipulation. I was fixuated on that angle.

mark l

@coinlieutenant said:
    @Justacommeman I felt the same way. Resented the series, but finally started to enjoy it. Now love it as I have given up reading a sixth much less a 7th book. I finished book 5 before Season 1 was over! Grrrrr.....

For you book readers check this out. A computer programmer frustrated by GRRM taking so long on Winds of Winter built an AI program that writes like GRRM. Here's the first chapter of "Winds of Winter"...

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/bjjp4a/winds-of-winter-neural-network

The more you VAM..
  • KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2019 3:28AM

@breakdown said:

I agree with you, season 6 and 7 both have a "different" feeling compared to seasons past, however, I found season 6 to be more in line with what we were used to seeing on the show and enjoyed the episodes a lot. My biggest complaint is with season 7 and the pacing (or lack there of) they used to try and cram everything into the remaining seasons (seasons 7 and 8). Game of Thrones is an expensive show to produce, but it's HBO's most popular series on right now, and arguably one of their most popular series' ever. You would think that they would try and drag it out a little more than simply trying to get it out of the way. It's a critically acclaimed program and must be an absolute goldmine once you take the merchandising into account.

I did enjoy season 7 for what it was; the action set pieces were great as usual and finally getting to see storylines fulfilled after being teased for seasons was enjoyable to finally watch. Like you mentioned though, It seems like once Martin's source material was gone, the writers had to start thinking of how they were going to wrap up this massive narrative on their own it was too overwhelming. This season, major plot points are taking place all in the same episode whereas in previous seasons it would take multiple episodes or a full season in some cases to finally see the payoff. Characters seemingly teleport from one side of a continent to another to move the show along at a rushed pace and are being put into situations wherein previously they almost certainly would have been killed off, but because they are needed for next season they miraculously survive. The director of a couple of episodes admits that the "show’s timeline is straining plausibility".

Definitely still one of my favorite shows on television, I just wish it didn't feel so rushed. And to keep it coin related: Here's another white walker.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

No one has mentioned the biggest (In my mind anyway) the relationship between snow and Khaleesi. I didn't see that coming.

Mark. Didn't reading the books ruin it? Did you know what was coming most of the time? Does the series closely follow them. And do you know how it ends? I try not to read anything online about the series.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
    edited August 29, 2017 9:36PM

@BruceS

The books enhanced it. I strongly advocate going back and reading the books. There are some unbelievable story lines the series couldn't get to. I have reading copies and first series hard copies that haven't seen the light of day. I would be happy to send you the reading copies.

The series capture the essence of the books. Seasons 1-5. Each 100 pages of the books equals one TV episode for the most part

I'm jealous to the day of people reading the books for the first time.

m

edited August 29, 2017 9:25PM

My wife just called ( I'm in Mexico City and she is in LA) and she landed the actress that plays Dany's assistant Missandei for a Paris runway fashion project we are working on. B)

mark

Shimmy

edited August 30, 2017 6:03AM

@BruceS The books point to a relationship between Dany and her relative, but in the books it isn't Jon Snow...

Will avoid spoilers but there is a whole narrative that was left out of the show regarding a hidden Targarayen and The Golden Company, which was just mentioned in Season 7, Episode 7 for the first time!

@Justacommeman That is awesome. Get a selfie with her. Models love that.

@coinlieutenant said:
    @BruceS The books point to a relationship between Dany and her relative, but in the books it isn't Jon Snow...

Will avoid spoilers but there is a whole narrative that was left out of the show regarding a hidden Targarayen and The Golden Company, which was just mentioned in Season 7, Episode 7 for the first time!

Also Kat Stark and Sansa/ Roose Bolton twists.

Saw this today

https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-bronn-cersei-will-never-share-scene-121647204.html

mark

@Justacommeman said:
    @BruceS

The books enhanced it. I strongly advocate going back and reading the books. There are some unbelievable story lines the series couldn't get to. I have reading copies and first series hard copies that haven't seen the light of day. I would be happy to send you the reading copies.

The series capture the essence of the books. Seasons 1-5. Each 100 pages of the books equals one TV episode for the most part

m

Thanks for the generous offer Mark, but if i ever decide to read the series it will most likely be on my iPad. But it does sound like a great way to fill in the huge gaps in between seasons.

eBay ID-bruceshort978

@BruceS said:

@Justacommeman said:
    @BruceS

m

Thanks for the generous offer Mark, but if i ever decide to read the series it will most likely be on my iPad. But it does sound like a great way to fill in the huge gaps in between seasons.

The maps on the inside covers were lifesavers for me

mark

• AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Prooflike Obverse

@Justacommeman . That is crazy! Can't be in a room together?

@coinlieutenant said:
    @Justacommeman . That is crazy! Can't be in a room together?

She lives by me in Studio City. I see her from time to time. I'm for sure asking her. I hope she doesn't have the Mountain rip my head off

m

Awesome....status report when you do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file