Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Does saying "Hey, I wohld like the ASE's please. Let me know your address and I will send ppg."

When a buyer initiates the conversation by saying the exact words, "Hey, I wohld like the ASE's please. Let me know your address and I will send ppg." and me agreeing to accept the offer constitute them being obligated to pay?

and then they buyer says, Money sent. and then literally 1 minute later says "Cancel that. Money not sent. Wife just walked in and said no. Sorry" Does that make the buyer a complete POS!?

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, Sometimes shit happens. no harm if he backed out that quickly. Now if he strung you along and it cost you a sale, them maybe.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭

He strung me along and it cost me a seperate sale on here. although i ended up selling locally for less.

So really? You're saying that if a person initiates the conversation to a seller saying "I will take them" and then backs out later that same day because his wife said no, that's ok for a buyer to do? I just want to get that straight, that's what you're saying?

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not ideal, and if I commit to purchase something I will follow through. What I am saying, is that sometimes things happen, that's all. And I wouldn't necessarily call someone a POS for it though. But that's just my opinion.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guy is whipped Block and move on

Martin

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

A man's gotta live with his wife. Deal with it.

Reminds me of the famous scene from Cheers where some guy (Norm?) is sitting at the bar and talking to the bartender and says, "Women! Can't live with 'em ... Gimme another beer."

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

Why ask the question when you've made up your mind as to the answer?

"To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you"

Successful transactions with Schmitz7, Bigbuck1975, chumley, CCHunter, Smittys, Gerard, Tookybandit, MorganMan94, LogPotato, coinlieutenant, GoldCoin98, pcgs69, Kccoin, ajaan, JBN, BLee23,....

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

"money sent" when it is not sent just makes him a liar.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's lame but calling him that is a bit harsh. Let it go and move on.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Natchez14 said:
    Why ask the question when you've made up your mind as to the answer?

"To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you"

Did you see that he said money sent and then literally one minute later says it's not? If a person is that undecisive in a purchase for fear of what his wife will say, he shouldn't be buying precious metals.

• Options
    edited August 15, 2017 5:10PM

@grote15 said:
    It's lame but calling him that is a bit harsh. Let it go and move on.

I have let it go, I'm simply asking a question with specific wording to see what the concencus is.

The act is what I feel is debateable, not who did it and I dont even care why it was done.

I'm asking specifically, if the buyer was the one that initiated the conversation saying they want it and asked for payment information only to turn around and say no **that day...that day, not 24 hours later because something actually may have happened to change the circumstances of the person, that's acceptable behavior for doing business on here?

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

@Martin said:
    The guy is whipped Block and move on

Martin

This

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

well, I guess I have my answer, and names to add to the list too. Now I'm being harrassed and being called vulgar names by the person, Relaxn. Feel free to have him back out on you and cost you sales.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing happened to me with a WASR 10 [ @ricko will know what that is], now I have two, just as well, everything in life happens for a reason and nobody got physically hurt.....JMO :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

people that are deadbeats that back out of a deal they made are not good people. I will never deal with a person that goes back on a deal as a buyer or a seller. Sorry , the wife BS does not matter you follow through with a deal its like a hand shake and does show ones character. The person could of made a request to exit the transaction and apologize for wasting time and follow through if the seller said no.

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:
    "money sent" when it is not sent just makes him a liar.

That's all you need to know. Anything else that follows about the wife, the dog, yoga instructor, etc is rubbish.

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭

I called you an idiot. I did not get vulgar.

It is impressive thay you have this much time to come on here and start stupid shit. Post the whole chain... we went back and forth because you kept telling me the ASE's were circulated even though they have no wear. I was going to complete the deal but your last message was you would grade them AU 50... i sent the money sent message and reread your message amd then decided I think your a damn fool and did not want to do business with you. This USELESS bullshit post just reinforces the fact that I don't want to do business with you.

Everyone else... I love you all... Some I have done a lot of business with and some I have done. Pass your judgement it is fine. For you are not the ones I answer to.

Jason

• Options

__piecesofme sent you a message

Handled then, some are toned and may or not have a bagmark as stated in the listing. To me, if it has a bagmark it's circulated because it cannot be graded as MS, it would have to be AU50-something. You may call it handled. Both ways of saying not UNC I suppose.

Once I reread this I realized I did not want the ASE's.

• Options

piecesofme sent you a message

The feeling is more than mutal and I believe you may have a hard time giving it to anyone who asks for a reference.

My backing out of a deal is so egregious that now I will never be able to buy anything because you are going to ruin my reputation?
    You are a fool

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to be nosy......how many ASE's are we talking about [if I may politely ask] :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

So he's is not whipped he just doesn't tell the truth?

• Options

@Relaxn said:
    __piecesofme sent you a message

Handled then, some are toned and may or not have a bagmark as stated in the listing. To me, if it has a bagmark it's circulated because it cannot be graded as MS, it would have to be AU50-something. You may call it handled. Both ways of saying not UNC I suppose.

Once I reread this I realized I did not want the ASE's.

NO! Once you read my honesty in describing the condition of the coins YOU SAID MONEY SENT, then 1 minute later you said YOUR WIFE TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THE TRANSACTION. So tell the truth, I was being extremely honest describing the condition of the coins to you, and then you said "money sent"! Get it right assclown.

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    Just to be nosy......how many ASE's are we talking about [if I may politely ask] :smile:

It doesn't matter if it was 1 or 1000, it's the point that he went back on his word. Don't forget, HE CONTACTED ME FIRST WITH AN INITIAL COMMENT SAYING HE WANTED THEM AND ASKED FOR MY PPG. I wanted to make sure that he was not to expect BU or even UNC coins.
    I was very clear in saying that they are circulated, then he goes into semantics saying to be circulated the highest points of the coin will show wear.
    I said...Handled then, some are toned and may or not have a bagmark as stated in the listing. To me, if it has a bagmark it's circulated because it cannot be graded as MS, it would have to be AU50-something. You may call it handled. Both ways of saying not UNC I suppose.

The bottom line is because of my honesty in taking the time describing the coins to confirm with him he wasn't going to be getting UNC coins, he STILL said, "money sent" THEN came the excuse about the wife.

• Options

@Relaxn said:
    piecesofme sent you a message

The feeling is more than mutal and I believe you may have a hard time giving it to anyone who asks for a reference.

My backing out of a deal is so egregious that now I will never be able to buy anything because you are going to ruin my reputation?
    You are a fool

Don't worry about me ruining your rep, you've done a fine job of that yourself. Come to find out you've done the same thing to many people in the FB coin/bullion groups I'm in also...not to mention this was the THIRD time you backed out on me.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

It makes his wife the boss... and it makes a man a drama queen. . And you know who doesn't wear the pants in the family. Now go scour the toilet after you do the dishes.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    It makes his wife the boss... and it makes a man a drama queen. . And you know who doesn't wear the pants in the family. Now go scour the toilet after you do the dishes.

He's done it to me 3x alone, that's why I decided to say something about it...then come to find out when asking about him in the FB coin/bullion groups I'm in, he's done it several times in those as well. And he's worrying about ME damaging his reputation? please

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with exposure is over exposure. It's a tough sell enough. It's even tougher with this kind of behavior in the market. I feel for vendors. I am one.

• Options

My wife, has once in the past. Told me AFTER I had made a deal, on the bay no less, that she didn't want me to sell something and I needed to do whatever needed doing to correct it.. So I had to contact the buyer and explain. It was my fault because it was an item that belonged to the both of us. I just figured she could care less. Wrong! Anyway he left me the only negative feedback I ever had there, and that was after I sent him $20.00 for me backing out of the deal. Some people you just can't satisfy.