Home U.S. Coin Forum

Morgan Additions

AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are a couple of pieces from the NL sales I am happy to add.... AB

Comments

• AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

WOW. Not a big fan of Morgans, but I'm a big fan of these Morgans. B)

• PandavabPandavab Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Lovely additions AB! Not at all surprised to see that you've picked up a couple more fantastic toners. They will fit in nicely with your collection. :)

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm....I was wondering why you were taking so long to mail those to me. Now it's clear....you just wanted to start a thread. Excellent! I'll look forward to the mail delivery now!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! :+1:

I thought YOU were the Northern Lights Collection! :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • AblinkyAblinky Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Very nice, all of your toners are top notch!

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insanely nice! :love:

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, nice

Frank

BHNC #203

• Simply beautiful. Congrats!

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Top Notch toners as usual!!! Thanks for sharing. <3<3B)<3<3

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously, some incredible coins have been added to the stable! Congratulations!

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, great as usual. Congrats!

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

AB for the win again!

The more you VAM..
  • TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭

As usual, nothing but the best.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you like the Hunt brothers, cornering the market? ;)

Congrats!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you guys/gals... I keep pluging away... :)

AB

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been reading a lot about the color progression on these absolutely stunning coins. My question is, how do you preserve these? Do they continue to tone over Time? And how do you stop them from being terminal?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • IronadeIronade Posts: 16
    edited August 10, 2017 8:16PM

Wow, very nice!! You should named one of your coins, Mardi Gras..

@BruceS said:
    I have been reading a lot about the color progression on these absolutely stunning coins. My question is, how do you preserve these? Do they continue to tone over Time? And how do you stop them from being terminal?

Good question BruceS.... Once the coin is the removed from the storage containment from which it toned in and then encapsulated into the PCGS slab it discontinues to tone... In the case of these two Morgan`s they would have been removed from the original burlap mint bag years after being minted...

• OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

VERY nice coins Wayne. Bag toned Morgans are beautiful.

OINK

• Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne: Wonderful Monster Toners. How many do you have in your total world class set?

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have the most beautiful Morgan's on the planet. Each and everyone of them are just as gorgeous as the next. You da man, Wayne. B)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AuroraBorealis said:

@BruceS said:

Good question BruceS.... Once the coin is the removed from the storage containment from which it toned in and then encapsulated into the PCGS slab it discontinues to tone... In the case of these two Morgan`s they would have been removed from the original burlap mint bag years after being minted...

I understand the slab protection part. I guess I was asking do you store them any different than say a white coin? And have you noticed any progression with the tonning After they are slabbed?

I assumed that whatever environment it was originally stored in had contaminants that got on the coin, And just sealing it in a slab, I wasn't sure if that fully arrested any further color change.

To pull the trigger on one of these monsters, I would want to be assured that they stay monsters over a long period of time. Thanks.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • ronctxronctx Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Unless you already have names to these, it's name the Morgans contest time.

@BruceS said:

@AuroraBorealis said:

@BruceS said:

I understand the slab protection part. I guess I was asking do you store them any different than say a white coin? And have you noticed any progression with the tonning After they are slabbed?

I assumed that whatever environment it was originally stored in had contaminants that got on the coin, And just sealing it in a slab, I wasn't sure if that fully arrested any further color change.

To pull the trigger on one of these monsters, I would want to be assured that they stay monsters over a long period of time. Thanks.

With silver coins including my Morgans I haven`t noticed any change while in a slab in the last ten years... That goes for color change as well as luster...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file