edited July 28, 2017 8:22PM

Scarce 1992 one troy POUND (12 troy ounces) .999 silver eagle
    Brilliant deep cameo proof
    Marked "1 LB Fine Silver"
    Edge marked with serial number #3304
    I'd grade her proof 66 or 67 conservatively
    In original rigid plastic case
    Asking $289 shipped, paypal perferred:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat silver round, Weiss. Is there any indication of who made it? Is the fineness shown on the edge?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Neat silver round, Weiss. Is there any indication of who made it? Is the fineness shown on the edge?

Likely the Washington Mint. They and a few other private mints produced these largely to be wholesaled to other entities who would retail them with their own organization-specific clamshell cases and marketing pieces.

Technically "fine silver", as this piece is marked, means_ at least_ .999 silver.

It's edgemarked with the serial number.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is similar to mine.... except mine is 1995 and has a CC mint mark on the reverse....also marked with an SN on the edge... along with COA and I still have the receipt from Supercoin.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    That is similar to mine.... except mine is 1995 and has a CC mint mark on the reverse....also marked with an SN on the edge... along with COA and I still have the receipt from Supercoin.... Cheers, RickO

Yours may have been produced by the: Continental Coin Corporation. ( cc mint mark)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA.... Very likely.... I knew it was not really a mint mark... the advertisement jokingly indicated it as such.... Still a nice big chunk of silver though.... I was never much for these 'ornamental' creations, but this intrigued me ... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited July 26, 2017 11:29AM

I keep trying to bring you guys The Good Stuff™ :)

America's Rarest Coins
    1792 Silver Disme
    .999 Silver 2 troy ounces
    With original holder, COA, coin capsul
    Frosty devices, deep mirrors
    Marked .999 Silver, edge marked serial # H02130
    (Arthur Blumenthal was appointed Senior Numismatist at Heritage 09-02-10)

Asking $52 shipped, paypal preferred.

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

a

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I agree and am surprised it's labeled "ONE DOLLAR". Most do not have a denomination right?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see .999 on the reverse :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen them in a Dansco like that. Very cool.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2017 12:02PM

2005 1 ounce gold eagle BU $1300 delivered.

Cash, checks, no fee PP.

AS ALWAYS: THANKS FOR LOOKING!

• Options
    biosolarbiosolar Posts: 164 ✭✭

2 Older Johnson Matthey 100 oz poured bars. For the weekend $1750 each shipped. Check or MO
    There is some toning, I'd post photos but I'm computer challenged (IT idiot). If you call or text me I can send you
    photos from my phone.
    Best way to reach me is by my phone as I'm not always on here. 503-508-9110
    Nick

• Options
    edited July 29, 2017 6:32PM

SOLD

1981 24k Gold Ingot card
    By the Heritage Gold Corporation of Thiensville, WI

--Severian the Lame
  • Options

@weiss PM sent

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

1988 Olympic $5 Gold Commemorative $300 delivered no fee paypal check ofr money order. Regular Paypal add 3%

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Forgot the pics for above.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those )ne Grain bars are cool. Collect 480 of them for one troy ounce!