Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Unique 1791-CC Trade Dollar, only available on eBay!

Comments

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

With all the talk of "Grandpa's coin collection" recently, this is the word-for word description on the lot:

"I recently inherited my Grandfather's coin collection and this was one of the coins included. The condition looks pretty good for its age. I do not know much about coins but my Grandfather was a collector for most of his life. "

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

The seller lives in Sierra Madre, California.

Isn't that where the treasure is?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Physical proof Carson City was minting dollars long before Nevada became a state...amazing. Maybe ask seller if they know how rare that is? :D

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than the not-so-believable story, what's the giveaway that this one is bad?

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@airplanenut said:
    Other than the not-so-believable story, what's the giveaway that this one is bad?

Yeah, I'm with ya there boy, looks good to my eyes

bob:)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Just sent the following:

Just a heads up.....send this one for grading... It is the rarest of all the CC trade dollars. Struck very early in the series and actually before they figured out how to get the presses operating properly. This is an ERROR coin. Get it off ebay now and send it in asap.
    Let me know what PCGS says about it. Oh, you can join the "collectors club" for just a few dollars and send directly to them in Newport Beach. Just go to PCGS.com and follow the leads.
    Good luck, God Bless and happy father's day!
    bob

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason, the eagle's head reminds me just a bit of a Chinese dragon.

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

It would make a good 'potty' coin.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:
    Physical proof Carson City was minting dollars long before Nevada became a state...amazing. Maybe ask seller if they know how rare that is? :D

And even before Kit Carson was born in 1809. Wow! The Chinese are so innovative. B)>:)

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

He said he needs the money quick and asked if he should take to a pawn shop. I said try a coin shop for the best bang for that buck!

Oh, and Bill, Kit had a Dad you know......

bob:)

• Options
    acsbacsb Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

But grandpa had it for a long, long time.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D:D Now that is one for the book..... Nothing about it is real... looks like it came straight from the Orient...
    I would keep that one just for laughs with other coin collectors... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

pass.

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the mintmark look a little off to you? The C and the C seem a little too close for my comfort.
    I'd probably pass unless you really need that date for your set.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the story is true (.1% probability), then old gramps got hosed for many years too.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file