Bronze Associate member

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2017 7:48AM

Buy nice coins and sell nice coins.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, in the beginning.

My good nature wants to trust people and it usually works out that way.

But there will always be exception, unfortunately.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy nice coins, and be open and honest with those who treat you fairly. "Caveat Emptor" applies to the few people in this business who are out to get you, and they are out there. Usually I try to avoid those people all together, but sometimes you do have "to deal with the devil."

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerfan I am the same way, but I noticed some folks are not willing to share information or be helpful. I guess what I have notice is that at times people are annoyed or even angry if you ask questions. To me it is better for all to be helpful and keep the collectors market thriving. It does not help to draw people in when people are not willing to welcome new folks in. I love this forum because I see many like you who help. Thank you.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2017 8:14AM

@Kkathyl said:
    @Walkerfan I am the same way, but I noticed some folks are not willing to share information or be helpful. I guess what I have notice is that at times people are annoyed or even angry if you ask questions. To me it is better for all to be helpful and keep the collectors market thriving. It does not help to draw people in when people are not willing to welcome new folks in. I love this forum because I see many like you who help. Thank you.

Thanks so much. I'm glad that you feel that way. :) I try my best to help folks, as I feel that it makes a difference. It's a shame when others don't.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2017 8:19AM

A.

sometimes you do have "to deal with the devil."
    I have found this not to be true.

• Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

A

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options

@keets I am digging that flag been a tpp since 2008 :)

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

E. Anything goes, whatever it takes

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2017 8:45AM

speak my mind, be fair and honest

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like "A"

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

'A' works for me. And there are several people in this business that I wouldn't do business with under any circumstances. They could offer me a real 1804 Silver Dollar at melt and I'd pass because I think they are so disgusting.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think too many collectors will publicly identify with B, C, or E regardless of whether those labels are true or not. You may get more honest answers if you can start an anonymous poll.

As for your question, I'll bite: I try to be fair all around.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

A

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

A

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A & D.....I expect to be dealt with fairly... and, in turn, when purchasing, I do not try to squeeze the last nickel out of a deal... or cheat little old widows.... I do keep all my coins ... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

A
    :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@DancingFire can we have a link to your collection :) will take that deal

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

In the end greedy people work harder and wind up with less, This applies to coin collecting, or any other aspect of business or dealing with people on an individual basis.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DancingFire said:
    F...buy a coin for $1k and sell it for $800... :#

This is the story of my life in coins! :/

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

A. i like to be fair with every one and expect to be treated the same . fwiw

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2017 8:51AM

To me, it's very important to be fair because you can get more business if you are known to be fair and easy to work with. Some of my greatest pieces only came to me because of past fair dealings.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

The customer is always right - even when he's wrong.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

I try to have the Golden Rule apply to all of my life's dealings, so "A" would be my methodology. The Golden Rule is NOT what one of my ballplayers (an outfielder) once said when I asked about the Golden Rule, "Throw to the cut off man". For those who may not really know what the Rule is, "Do Unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • Options

@derryb that is certainly true. We never know what another person is going through and we have to keep that in mind. I have had up days and down days. Now I just say everyday is a new day and life is Good. As a newer collector of coins, I have found more enjoyment in my researching than so much as anything else.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

A and D.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file