Home Precious Metals
Options

For anyone who loves rare gold bullion

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 17, 2017 1:34PM in Precious Metals
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I signed up to be on their mailing list !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2017 1:01PM

nice stuff!

I hope to bring back some of those large asian sycees sometime next year and show them off here!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the doughnut.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing! Reminds me of that collection one of our clients in Chicago had put together over many years that totaled about 3,800 ounces. Of course a lot of that was boring stuff like sets of 1000 gram, 500 gram, 300 gram, 200 gram, 100 gram, 50 gram, etc. bars from multiple European refiners.

When we helped him sell the collection those went into the melting pot first. I tried to keep as much of the interesting stuff out of the pot as possible, but this was back in the day when gold first broke $1,000 and everybody was afraid it was going to go back to $500, so they did not want to buy in at that "high" price.

BTW, that was the collection I bought my 1950-dated 49+ ounce U.S. Assay Office bar out of. I had previously seen it in a dealer's case at a show and got it on memo to sell to the collector at around $450 an ounce. Couldn't bear to see it melted so I bought it myself, and later found a new home for it.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Epic stuff there! wow!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing.... that is a lot of gold.... some really unique pieces ...... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭

Oh, wow. What a financially dangerous store.