Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #4

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS68 is on the holder. It was one of the ones I mentioned to you.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2017 8:12PM

Yesterday, a somewhat nice 1982-P MS67FB sold for $960 minus the juice on GC's. I had my eye on it for a few weeks that it had been for sale and obviously it sold. PCGS says it goes for $1,400, but who here follows the price guide here? No one basically, so question is was it a good buy at $960? Was it overpriced, underpriced, or right on?
    So if you follow dimes on eBay there is a seller who has a large quantity on 1982-P's in 66FB and you would at least think 1-2 should upgrade.
    I recently upgraded my 82-D to a 7FB and only paid half of what the P sold for, as the Din 7FB books for $1,300.
    IMHO, I believe the D should have sold for no more than $600 max.
    BTW, I thin I know who purchased it w/o matching cert #'s.

Any opinions???

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the coin ended up with Dr. Brown. I think the price was right, maybe even a little on the low side.

• Options
    MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a really nice 82-P for $800, and an 83-D in 67FB for $1,000. They seem to be easily had for 50%-60% of the price guide.

• Options

@MACGE1 said:
    I recently bought a really nice 82-P for $800, and an 83-D in 67FB for $1,000. They seem to be easily had for 50%-60% of the price guide.

I think that's a great price for the 83D 67FB. I would pay that in a heart beat even as a dup for me. It's only a pop 3/0 coin and they are all accounted for.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some circs with a little color :smile:

I think this one got a color bump ;)

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sold this one. 67FB.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

Very nice, will we be seeing it in a registry set.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017 9:29PM
  • Options

Are Roosevelt Dimes that dead? I tried to give a couple away and it looks like nobody wants them. On my selling thread I listed 2 for free over a month ago and both are still there. Not even one inquiry. So when I say give away that didn't mean just a big discount.

• Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I suspect that this trend is not just dimes.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Are Roosevelt Dimes that dead? I tried to give a couple away and it looks like nobody wants them. On my selling thread I listed 2 for free over a month ago and both are still there. Not even one inquiry. So when I say give away that didn't mean just a big discount.

I must admit that I haven't looked at this thread in some time. I thought about buying your 1970 MS64FB and 1970-D MS67 DDR, but haven't done it yet. I just made an offer on a spectacular Roosevelt and awaiting an answer. Will post here if the owner sells. I actually need a 1957. Wanna sell your 66+FB?

Later, Paul.
  • Options

I just purchased this coin tonight.

1946-S/S PCGS MS67FB DDR & RPM FS-502 pop (5/0)

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to find your thread, > @onlyroosies said:

Link to your thread?

I can't seem to find it.

• Options

@MACGE1 said:
    I can't seem to find your thread, > @onlyroosies said:

Link to your thread?

I can't seem to find it.

It's halfway down this forum page.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

I must admit that I haven't looked at this thread in some time. I thought about buying your 1970 MS64FB and 1970-D MS67 DDR, but haven't done it yet. I just made an offer on a spectacular Roosevelt and awaiting an answer. Will post here if the owner sells. I actually need a 1957. Wanna sell your 66+FB?

No one looked at my selling thread for months and now 3 people want my 70P 64FB. First come first serve. It is sold. I pm’d the first responder. The coin hiding in the holder PCGS calls 66+FB dated 1957 is really a 67+FB.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    No one looked at my selling thread for months and now 3 people want my 70P 64FB. First come first serve. It is sold. I pm’d the first responder. The coin hiding in the holder PCGS calls 66+FB dated 1957 is really a 67+FB.

Well Nick if ya don't refresh it once in a while, people around here think its a dead thread, in a dead forum.

I've tried and tried to get some conversation going in this thread and it seems that everyone is asleep over here, or lets face the facts...Are Roosevelts a dead series?

Later, Paul.
  • Options

The 2 freebees are gone. someone claimed them.

• Options

@AllCoinsRule said:
    I'm always on the lookout for super Roosies! (but recent upgrades or crosses are less likely to be super in my mind).
    I'm down to needing just 10 silver dimes (for all 67fb or better). Ironically I now have 10 late date Mercs too.

What dates do you need? I may have some duplicates 67fb or 67+fb

• Options

Free shipping. my prices always include free shipping. Keep watching, one of these days I'm going to list a coin with a negative price with free shipping.

• Options

You can now add your 2017 Roosies to your Roosevelt sets. They will be extra until 2018 I'm assuming.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Just added mine. This is my first MS70 coin. Woo Hoo. Thanks Paul for the beautiful 17S.

• Options

Dont see the proofs updated yet?

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Roosevelt experts!
    I wonder if you could please look at this coin and advise whether or not you think it would upgrade to PR70DCAM from our benevolent hosts please. Thank you for any advice!!

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's always fun to stop by here once in a while and see what the "top dogs" in Roosie's are up to. :)

I just purchased a pair of very colorful Roosie's in 67 (57-P&D)...will post pics later. B)

• Options

@mt_msla said:
    Roosevelt experts!
    I wonder if you could please look at this coin and advise whether or not you think it would upgrade to PR70DCAM from our benevolent hosts please. Thank you for any advice!!

There have been a total of 6 silver Roosevelt dimes that received the lofty 70DC grade. Those coins were graded yrs ago and to the best of my memory, there hasn't been a new 70DC Silver in over 15+ yrs. So my opinion you have to have 1 super frosty mark free dime to get PCGS to take an already 69DC and boost it to a 70DC.

Unfortunately I just don't see it happening...

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Two new Roosies....both PCGS67....

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

Love the Blue 57P! Only color I like better is Green.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@lablover said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Love the Blue 57P! Only color I like better is Green.

I'm always on the lookout for more colors. :o

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted this to the main forum, I didn't realize there was a thread exclusively for Roosevelts here.

PCGS MS-67

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options

@Kyle said:
    I posted this to the main forum, I didn't realize there was a thread exclusively for Roosevelts here.

PCGS MS-67

First posters of Roosies to this thread must do a coin give-away. I'll PM my mailing address for the 64D... ;) Nice Coin!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

If I remember right....the 64-P was even better. Although I could be wrong...I have slept since then. :/B)

• Options

I like the 64-P as well @DIMEMAN, it has some carbon spots though.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes @lablover ! Kinda make me nervous to share some pics. Here are two coins anyway

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

@Kccoin Really nice pair!

• Options

I recently sent in my 8 free grades and this is the Roosie Dime portion of it.

This dime was given to me as a gift after buying some dimes from @onlyroosies. This dime was in a NGC MS67FT slab and came back PCGS MS67 with no bands unfortunately. It's one of those Roosies that depending on the angle you look at it and the light, it does indeed have FB's.
    PCGS MS67

This dime was on eBay and I purchased it because of the incredible toning. It is quite lustrous and I love the toning. It was in an old ANACS MS66 slab. Now it resides in a PCGS MS67+ This coin qualifies as my very first upgraded coin. I'm incredibly happy.
    PCGS MS67+

Here's a dime that @DIMEMAN sold to me in an NGC MS66FT slab. It actually is going right back to PCGS for variety review as it is a textbook 1946-D/D FS-502. This is the coin I really wanted in a PCGS slab with an MS66FB grade of which it did receive. I'm quite happy with this and it fits nicely into my main variety set. Thanks again Dimeman!!!
    PCGS MS66FB

This dime I seen on eBay for a quick sale. It cost me $25 and came in an old PCGS green holder with the grade MS66. Man the color is astounding. I've had it for quite some time and really glad to have it in a new holder.
    PCGS MS66FB

Comments welcome...

Later, Paul.
  • Options

I like them all...especially the 46-S.

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge , your 46-s is gorgeous! Nice job on the grades.

• Options

Love the 52D and 46S Paul. Great job buddy!!!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2017 1:25PM

Two new newps. The 51-S is a RPM-2.

• Options

Show and tell. Got this years ago before Shawn went bad.

• Options

Took a better pic of my 1947-P. Kind of plain Jane, but has some color.

• Options

I really like that '46-D and '58-D @DIMEMAN!

• Options

@DIMEMAN that 46-D is quite striking. I wish all dates came like that.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

My new 1947-S.