Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #4

124»

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm selling a bunch of my Proof Toner Roosevelts (among other TONERS) if anyone has an interest...
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/990250/offers-welcome-pcgs-1950-1964-proof-rainbow-toners-w-true-views-1-pcgs-sample-and-3-raw-toners

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid up for this. Not sure if it was a good deal or not, but I liked the color.

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    I paid up for this. Not sure if it was a good deal or not, but I liked the color.

What's not to like? Pretty coin and if you are pleased what else matters. Very nice 67+FB. <3

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

Nice 51....is there a TrueView of it?

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Tetromibi said:

Nice 51....is there a TrueView of it?

That is the trueview :smile:

Just got these 2 new Roosies today. Not in sets yet, but wanted to show them off. the 46 is a 66FB and the 48-D is a 67+.

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

I like this dime a lot. Nice colors...

Later, Paul.

@DIMEMAN said:
    Just got these 2 new Roosies today. Not in sets yet, but wanted to show them off. the 46 is a 66FB and the 48-D is a 67+.

Wow, those are very sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Nice @DIMEMAN I also especially like the 1946. Well done.

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Very nice RBR.

Love that Gallery!

• tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2017 7:55PM

46 S/S looks good here.

Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Anyone interested in purchasing this 1951 PCGS Proof 67 toner for me? It is gorgeous and it can be tough to find 51 Proof toners. I purchased on GC a few months back in a 67* holder and then crossed it. I'm only selling because I had purchased (for an outrageous sum) another even more colorful monster shortly after I crossed this one. I have it listed on Ebay for $325 or best offer, but I'm really just looking to break even on my GC purchase price plus the cost of cross and shipping. I'm about $180 into the coin total. Message me if interested.

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin, I'm an MS guy. I just cant get into proofs. Good luck on the sale

• david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin actually looks MS to me. The toning is more similar to business strikes as well.

• MercuryBenMercuryBen Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@david3142 said:
    That coin actually looks MS to me. The toning is more similar to business strikes as well.

Funny you say that. I had the same thought when I received the coin. It does have a different look than my other proofs -- not quite as glossy. One of the reasons I am keeping my other 51 proofs and selling this one is that I prefer the high gloss look. On the other hand, if it were MS, it would have some of the most reflective surfaces, nicest sheen, and cleanest surfaces that I've seen on a business strike.

edited December 5, 2017 12:20PM

Nice 1951 @MercuryBen
    I have a nice 1951 50c Proof 66 Toner listed on the BST that would go well with that....along with a few other coins, including 4 Proof Roosevelts that are still available. ;)

TAKING ALMOST ANY OFFERS AT THIS POINT.

Boy, is this place dead or what?

I need a fix, someone post a super toned roosie...please!!!!!

• robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing monstrous considering 1964 produced some real jewels. Just added this MS67 to my set.

@AllCoinsRule said:
    My only recent Roosie purchase (er, not including a 15-p and d I just bought). Got outbid on it the first time it was auctioned and then got it cheaper the second time.

Ain't (Southern term) nothing wrong with that one!!! Thanks...

@robec said:
    Nothing monstrous considering 1964 produced some real jewels. Just added this MS67 to my set.

Now that has some really great color!!!!

• robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another of my favorite pickups from 2017.

@robec said:

Now you're just rubbing it in. And, that's a-ok with me, keep em coming...

Hey everyone,

I came across a really nice album of nice Roosevelt toners that I had to buy even though I don't need them. Before I start posting individually to Ebay, please let me know if you have interest in buying this lot from me. Most of the monster toners look something like the below pictures. Some of them are white but still have a crescent of toning. Please see my descriptions and pictures below. Please excuse my terrible photos - the coins look MUCH better in hand.

I am only asking $6 per coin if you buy the whole lot of 45 ($270 total), but I would also consider other reasonable offers. I do not want to break these out individually unless someone is willing to pay a lot for an individual coin. If you want a picture of a specific coin, please let me know.

1946 - Monster Rainbow
    1946D - White
    1946S - Monster Rainbow
    1947 - Monster Rainbow
    1947-D Rainbow
    1947S - Monster Rainbow
    1948 - Soft Rainbow
    1948D - White
    1948S - White
    1949 - Rainbow
    1949D - nice color
    1949S - Monster rainbow
    1950 - Monster Rainbow
    1950D - Slight color
    1950S - Slight color
    1951 - Soft Rainbow
    1951-D Soft Rainbow reverse
    1951S - Monster Rainbow
    1952 - Monster Rainbow
    1952D - Soft color
    1952S - Soft color
    1953 - Proof, purplish streaks
    1953D - mostly white
    1953S - Monster rainbow
    1954 - Monster Rainbow
    1954-D Slight Rainbow
    1954S - Tiny bit of rainbow
    1955D - Mostly white
    1955S - Soft orange trainbow
    1956 - proof some color
    1956D mostly white
    1957 proof some color
    1957-D mostly white
    1958 proof mostly white
    1958D monster rainbow
    1959D soft rainbow
    1960 proof deep blue and purple crescent
    1960D slight rainbow
    1961 proof some color
    1961-D monster toned
    1962 proof some rainbow color
    1962D rainbow
    1963D monster rainbow
    1964 proof neat purple spots
    1964-D monster rainbow

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭

I'd be interested if they were all MS and no PF

@onlyroosies said:
    I'd be interested if they were all MS and no PF

This sold fairly quickly. All except for a couple were MS business strike (as opposed to Proof).

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Josh32Josh32 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018 7:32PM

@robec said:

What did the 1948 on the bottom grade? Is it a 66?
    Nvm its the same coin lol.

Three cross-overs from NGC. The second 1951 was in an old NGC PR67 holder and crossed at that, but I think this coin is a solid 68, maybe 68Cam. I will likely submit for reconsideration eventually. The 1957 was in an old NGC PR68Cam holder, and crossed at PR67Cam, which is probably the right grade because it has a tiny tick on the cheek (though it may eventually get into a PR68Cam holder). The other 1951 was in a new NGC PF67 holder and crossed at 67, which is probably the right grade, though it would likely go + on a few tries (not worth the cost).

• Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pick up for my type set...my only toned roosie

Sure is alot of good lookin dimes on here

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

edited January 24, 2018 9:34AM

Some nice dimes have been posted in here over the last month or so. I went to Winter FUN with the purposes of selling a lot of stuff, which I did but then found myself buying a 1953 Proof Set. Four of the coins had some decent level of toning. Here is the dime. Not fantastic but not bad either. I was also able to submit 19 coins for grading and True Views so that will be cool to get results in a few weeks. Looking forward to that!

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The PCGS grade just posted on this '52-D. MS-66.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover