Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #4

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll start looking for a buyer for the set! LOL. Third times a charm. HAHAHA!!

Congratulations!!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, although I never thought you left! ;)

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2017 7:51PM

@onlyroosies said:

@Stooge said:

Something brought me back to collecting dimes. Nick can attest that after you sell a set, something brings you back. I now collect for just the love of it and ended up building a decent set for me.

Yep, Something always brings you back. It's been a couple months since I sold my silver set. Thanks to my Roosie buddies especially Jim Green who sold me some super nice Roosies from his set I have now filled all the holes that were left vacant after the silvers were sold and I'm proud to say "I'm Back" with 10 #1 Roosevelt dime sets back up on the registry. Just look at the top for Almighty Dimes and you will find them. My favorite set has always been the 46-date FB with Major Varieties and I'm #1 there again.

Nick,

It was my pleasure brother to help. But, you really helped me by my unloading those ugly things on you to finance my mission trip to Haiti. They were fun to have, but some things are just more important.

Enjoy my friend,

Jim

Oh, here's a few Nick received:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Just a shameless plug, I'll be posting some other FB coins on the BST tomorrow if anyones interested in also assisting in my Haiti adventure.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently obtained both the 2017-D & P MS68FB Roosies. This is the first time ever I had both P & D in 8FB for the current year.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Paul, Did you buy them or make them?.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul, Did you buy them or make them?.

I purchased both for this year.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:
    I agree this will soon be in a PCGS holder facing the normal way.

Do you think it will cross at grade?

• Options

Dimeman,
    I've seen far worse 68s. This coin is superior to the 67+ Being offered now in Great Collections.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious.

• Options

So who purchased the 1946 PCGS MS67+FB off of eBay for $1,100+???

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Were you eying it? Btw, I was not the buyer.

• Options

@QBert said:
    Were you eying it? Btw, I was not the buyer.

I was. Did you buy it? I was kinda unhappy it went for so much, too much personally.
    I know who the underbidder was.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

no, I was not thr buyer

• Options

Not me.

• Options
    edited July 21, 2017 2:05PM

In the last 6 weeks, I have acquired a dozen or so Roosies.

Thanks go out to some dealers/collectors/and a guy that never sees the sun!

OnlyRoosies
    Dimeman
    AllCoinsRule
    RichieUrich
    Tazmicenterprises
    Lablover

Just to name a few. I tend to buy in spurts and I think I might have a few more to buy....maybe. :p

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

OnlyRoosies
    Dimeman
    AllCoinsRule
    RichieUrich
    Tazmicenterprises
    Lablover

Just to name a few. I tend to buy in spurts and I think I might have a few more to buy....maybe. :p

Pictures?

• Options

@AllCoinsRule said:
    Thanks Paul.

About 3 weeks ago I bid over $500 on 67fb 46-s and 50-s dimes and lost. It didn't take long, both are now already in 68fb holders being auctioned again. Maybe I'll bid $600 this time.

p.s. thanks for putting up with my complaining.

What would it matter Jaime, you aren't going to waste money on upgrades anyway. Also I understand your complaining, I get frustrated too.

As far as pictures are concerned, I'm not going to bother, nobody commented on the last 4 pictures I posted in this thread.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allcoins... what venue was selling the 50-S MS67FB (and 46-S)?

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Mitch, I think it was GC
    Paul, Thanks for the kudos. It's always a pleasure dealing with you
    Jaime, I saw that the pops for 68FB went up by 2. When I checked I saw it was a 46S & 50S. I knew it was those 2.

• Options

From what I understand and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, the U.S. Mint will be issuing a limited # of "Enhanced 2017 Mint sets" and in the set will be an uncirculated 2017-S Roosevelt Dime for the first S mint business strike dime to be issued since 1955.
    Can anyone here verify this info?
    The sets have no HH limits and are going to have a max mintage of 225,000 sets, and are going on sale at 12EST 8/1/17.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Already sold out. Just went to order one :(

• Options

a 1960D MS68FB pop 1/0 just showed up in the pop report. Anyone want to take credit for it.

• Options

update: Mint just emailed me and I was able to order the new mint set :)

• Options

@QBert said:
    update: Mint just emailed me and I was able to order the new mint set :)

I was able to get online and ordered 5 sets. All I know is that I better get 1 decent dime out of these sets.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

The 53s was a so so coin. I bid on the 62 and the price got stiff.

• Options

@AllCoinsRule said:
    In another thread about the coin market report I noticed the 68fb 1953-s dime was one of the big winners in the price guide updates, moving up from $7500 to $8500. This is just before it's being auctioned. It sold for $4700.

The newly made 60D 68FB was also given an $8500 value in the price guide. I would bet it would sell for around the
    same price as the 53S 68FB.

• Options

AllCoins,
    Yes, quality matters. I recently sold the 62 in 68 FB that was all there...I got all the money in the price guide. We are talking Roosie dimes and grade only gets you so far. You also need a monster coin inside the plastic to get a monster price.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@AllCoinsRule said:
    In another thread about the coin market report I noticed the 68fb 1953-s dime was one of the big winners in the price guide updates, moving up from $7500 to $8500. This is just before it's being auctioned. It sold for $4700.

The newly made 60D 68FB was also given an $8500 value in the price guide. I would bet it would sell for around the

Where is there a photos of the 60D?

• Options

@RainbowGrader said:

@onlyroosies said:

@AllCoinsRule said:

Where is there a photos of the 60D?

None that I'm aware of. Have to wait until it shows up for auction

• Options

@AllCoinsRule said:
    All depends on the quality. Mark Feld looked at the 62-p for me and didn't think I would like it. It's also on coinfacts as a 66fb.

There are a lot of over graded coins, Also a lot of under graded coins (especially at todays grading standards) that are in older holders. Recently a complete raw set of silver Roosies went through PCGS. Nearly every coin was under graded. Bill and I bought a bunch of them and every coin we bought up graded. Some more than a point. I don't have a problem with the 62P previously in a 66FB holder. I did not see the coin in hand and I probably wouldn't have a problem with it in the 67+FB holder it now resides in. The 56P I bought out of that set was graded 66FB. I got it up graded to 67+FB and felt the coin could grade 68FB. I sent it in a couple times in the 67+FB holder for re-grade. I would have sent it in several more times had I not sold my set. All of our knowledge grading coins comes from PCGS. Now that PCGS standards have changed I to have changed how I view and grade a coin. The 62P 68FB that Billy had was sold with my set. It was a beautiful coin. It was from the set I speak of above originally graded 67FB. Billy also got a beautiful 61P 67FB that is now graded 67+FB and will eventually be in a 68FB holder. I would bet the 62P 67+FB was bought as an up-grade candidate.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@AllCoinsRule said:
    All depends on the quality. Mark Feld looked at the 62-p for me and didn't think I would like it. It's also on coinfacts as a 66fb.

All of our knowledge grading coins comes from PCGS. Now that PCGS standards have changed I to have changed how I view and grade a coin.

Nick, specifically, how have the "standards" changed?

• Options

Part of the fun of collecting is the stories and legends that emerge over the decades. Nick and I have sought out Roosies since before many of you were born. The set Nick refers to was handled by Greattoning and it deserves the status of "legendary." I have looked at a bazillion Roosie sets and mint sets over the years and nothing ever remotely approached the quality of this set. Think about this, after all these years a DOZEN of Nick and my Roosies came from this set. His 47s was magnificent. The 62 and 61 I got are pop tops, and nine more coins improved sets built over 30 plus years. The quality of the coins was startling, especially the luster. I've never seen coins of certain dates with this "pop." Honestly, fifty years ago someone with vision examined multiple roll sets to build this one of a kind raw set, and then stored it where it toned beautifully. What an amazing, unique set of circumstances. Sorry to be so long winded, but this set is a Roosie "legend." Knowing what I know, I'd have paid $100 just to view it in its album. And a hell of a lot more to buy it. :)

• Options

Great write up @rainbowroosie and would love to hear more about it. Any pictures taken of the album?

I recently obtained a 1947-S PCGS MS67FB Roosie that is a S/S 504 which will be going back for the designation this week, which will make it a pop (1/0). Sorry Nick!

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Let's all beg Greattoning to add some photos. Dick saves everything (including the first dollar he ever made). ;)

• Options

This is the 61. Upgraded and is still undergraded. It is a 68.

• Options

Jim, I think PC has changed the focus points of how they view a coin. I don't think marks are as critical to PC
    as they once were. Luster and eye appeal seam to be the criteria now. I have seen many 67+ Roosies with
    gashes in them. Even my 47S 68+FB had marks on it, but had off the chart luster and eye appeal. Just the
    way I see it now.

• Options

Paul, We may have to talk about that coin. I see a 47S FS-504 66+FB in your future ;)

• Options

My latest acquisition...

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

OnlyRoosies
    Dimeman
    AllCoinsRule
    RichieUrich
    Tazmicenterprises
    Lablover

Thanks Paul !!
    Missed this, don't get around here to often

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if there are any low ball roosies with colorful toning out there. Anyone have any to share? My latest sub just arrived at PCGS and although they're not on the bottom scale, the 3 I sent are about mid range with a little color. Let's see what you've got :)

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just go this one back from our friends at NGC...

• Options

Nice original 49D. MS67+?