Home Sports Talk
Options

Boston Red Sox 2017

1235»

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:
    I don't get the firing of Farrell. They won back to back Al East championships. He won a World Series. It's not his fault their top pitchers can't pitch in the post season. Blame the GM. I thought Boston played 8 or so games above their potential all year long. They really are not a 93 win team. They got rid of Tito and he goes to Cleveland and is considered a "genius". Let's see where Farrell winds up and what he does.

It's funny how the AL East managers get fired and wind up on world series teams; Maddon, Tito

You are just saying that because you like the Yankees and want us to keep a terrible manager another year :D

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:
    I don't get the firing of Farrell. They won back to back Al East championships. He won a World Series. It's not his fault their top pitchers can't pitch in the post season. Blame the GM. I thought Boston played 8 or so games above their potential all year long. They really are not a 93 win team. They got rid of Tito and he goes to Cleveland and is considered a "genius". Let's see where Farrell winds up and what he does.

To put it plainly he had a talented team, didn't win it all. He also lost the clubhouse, a big no-no after the chicken and beer fiasco years ago. Sox management wants a family atmosphere, and seems willing to forgo a title to maintain this. See last year with Ortiz, Sale's quest for 300 in front of his family, etc.

It's funny how the AL East managers get fired and wind up on world series teams; Maddon, Tito

Francona won 2 titles in Boston, has none in Cleveland yet. Maddon was given a perfect opportunity, one he didn't have in Tampa. Both managers left and were not fired (both stepped down).

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Brad Asmus is available

m

Detroit was horrid this year and they gave up. They caused fights. Not a fan of the guy who ran that ship. Sounds like ths Sox will be on a downward spiral if he takes over.

I was being facetious

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@dbtunr said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Brad Asmus is available

m

Detroit was horrid this year and they gave up. They caused fights. Not a fan of the guy who ran that ship. Sounds like ths Sox will be on a downward spiral if he takes over.

I was being facetious

mark

Apparently Asmus and the Sox GM are buds. I bet they actually hire him.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:

@Justacommeman said:

@dbtunr said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Brad Asmus is available

m

I was being facetious

mark

Apparently Asmus and the Sox GM are buds. I bet they actually hire him.

Asmus will manage again. I just can't see it here. I know he has talked to the Mets

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......