Home Precious Metals
Options

Unboxing a Geiger 10 oz...UPDATE -- Now with UV !

tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
edited February 3, 2017 8:29AM in Precious Metals

My 1st. Took a month to get here - the wait was worth the while!

@1630Boston ! ;)

Honey calcite + Silver

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bar! I bought my first Geiger a couple weeks ago and really like them.
    Curious... did you pay a premium over other comparable 10oz bars?

• Options
    edited February 2, 2017 8:55AM

Thanks, @Meltdown! I was really curious what I was going to see - very pleased. Had never held a 10 oz bar (nor a 5 oz like the Silvertowne bar I ordered at the same time that arrived a week earlier).

Yes, I paid $2/oz premium. It was only $0.90/oz more than the Sunshine I had planned to get. Figured it was worth the extra bit, and for the extra 9 bucks, I'm happy! Did you get yours closer to a cut-rate spot?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that pocket knife........................the 10 ouncer is not bad either. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

The geiger bar looks nice...makes me want one now! :)

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Nice chunk of silver. Now you need to get one of those wooden storage boxes from Geiger and fill it. ;)

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

They make nice bars. I've picked up a few different sizes by them when they are available.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine was also a .90 cent premium over the generic price... I am a bit of a collector as well as a stacker so I didn't mind too much. They're nice for sure.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only issue I have with the Geiger bars, they have an odd dimension, compared to the rest of my 10 oz bars.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Sometimes odd can be good and if you had more Geiger bars than others they would be the norm and all else would have odd dimensions. :smile::smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    bigzesteebigzestee Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

That's a very good looking bar.The premium per ounce was pretty reasonable too.

BST references several

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking silver bar.... I have rounds and a few art bars... and a one pound silver ASE.....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    Would a one pound ASE be a troy pound, [12 troy ounces], just wondering here. :smile:

• Options

Yes... it is a Troy pound.... bought it years ago (forget the date, but at least ten, maybe twelve years ago)... Nice big chunk of pure silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options

A pic would be nice, but..........................never mind. :sweat:

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    Congrats! Nice chunk of silver. Now you need to get one of those wooden storage boxes from Geiger and fill it. ;)

Haha, don't I wish! :p Actually, I got my Geiger Box unboxed right here:

• Options
    edited February 3, 2017 8:27AM

Geiger paints a UV-sensitive varnish onto the reverse. I guess the mintage of this one is 2016 - it doesn't show up too well. But the LEV-rhombus shows up well enough. Kinda neat. Geiger says, "The access to this varnish is restricted strictly because it is used to mark distinctive spots at banknotes as well.”

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    A pic would be nice, but..........................never mind. :sweat:

Yes, really! What a sight a one-pound Silver Eagle must be, @ricko! If only RickO could somehow learn to post pictures :p

• Options

It is one Troy pound, .999 pure silver, dated 1995 and I paid $59 dollars for it....on the 29th of June, 2001. There are - as most know = 12 Troy ounces to a Troy pound... So I paid $4.92 per ounce... good buy at today's market price... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    It is one Troy pound, .999 pure silver, dated 1995 and I paid $59 dollars for it....on the 29th of June, 2001. There are - as most know = 12 Troy ounces to a Troy pound... So I paid $4.92 per ounce... good buy at today's market price... Cheers, RickO

I had several of those...long time ago. Now they are selling for over $250. Below is a link for a completed eBay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-SILVER-EAGLE-1LB-TROY-12-OZ-999-FINE-SILVER-ROUND-/282322842484?hash=item41bbc0b374:g:vjwAAOSw5cNYdnKx&nma=true&si=7Up7DIt9ynYHzx8xhQwi2VDG5yY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

I've got copper Geiger bars. Anyone seen the copper ones before?

• Options

No. :smile:

• Options

I'll post a picture next time I have them out. :)

• Options

That would be appreciated, love to see them :smile:

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    That would be appreciated, love to see them :smile:

I made a copper thread. :)

• Options

Thanks