Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thankyou for the head's up, @felinfoel. I picked up each of the the 2022 Peace dollars and the 2022 CC Morgan just now. Will take another look and perhaps some of the other offerings, if still available.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2023 10:01AM

Here's to ya Dan..... B)

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

More Peace Dollars, means more things for me to buy. All done shopping. Good luck to all.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

2022 Morgan and Peace dollars look Awesome!

Last year I sold all my 2021 US Mint dollars to a Forum Member (thanks again) so didnt need every variety offered today, but I did Pick an O mint for the "New Orleans Fantasy Collection"

Happy New Year everyone!!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

1922-D Morgan Dollar (50 available).......cool.
    But, even cooler...

Only 50 of these were produced before the obverse die was cancelled by grinding an "X" across it. More than 50 additional over-strikes were subsequently made using the cancelled obverse die.

Not seeing those cancelled die strikes available....hmmmm.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    1922-D Morgan Dollar (50 available).......cool.
    But, even cooler...

Only 50 of these were produced before the obverse die was cancelled by grinding an "X" across it. More than 50 additional over-strikes were subsequently made using the cancelled obverse die.

Not seeing those cancelled die strikes available....hmmmm.

Not currently for sale from me. But here is info:
    moonlightmint.com/blog_54.htm

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been waiting for these,...backed up the woodie. ;)

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

Sweet! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for these to eventually surface....

source: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_54.htm

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

Was able to pick up most of the items i wanted. Already starting to sell out. Curious on how long the Denver limited to 50 will last.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

The 2022 Morgans look proof-like, but it does not say that in the description.

• Options

@TopcatCoin said:

DC explains that in his 'catalog' page.

• Options

@D808LF said:

@TopcatCoin said:

I can’t seem to find any mention of the proof-like finish on the MM site. Would you please post a link? Thanks, TC

• Options

@TopcatCoin said:

@D808LF said:

@TopcatCoin said:

I can’t seem to find any mention of the proof-like finish on the MM site. Would you please post a link? Thanks, TC

http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_57.htm

• Options

@D808LF said:

@TopcatCoin said:

@D808LF said:

@TopcatCoin said:

http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_57.htm

Thanks!

• Options
    NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2023 3:05AM

Dan’s too fun‼️‼️👍🎯🎯👍Ever buy all you could……… but not all I wanted‼️‼️👍😱😱😱That’s me‼️
    Now to change the subject, I got a 1964D- die pair 5 Peace dollar in AU 58 today, and I can’t find any die pair 5 s that he offered in circulated on his website. Maybe D808LF can help me find what I have, also‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    Dan wasn't kidding when he said he would have a bunch of new stuff at the end of the year,,,,,, 3 days late but a BUNCH of really great products. 21 new items,,,,,, the most new items released at one time that I can recall.

@TopcatCoin said:

@D808LF said:

@TopcatCoin said:

I think D808LF is referring to the finish that resulted after die polishing -- which is mentioned on the linked webpage.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

I HATE the huge product dumps like this!! Had to make some tough choices.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wish the US mint didn't come out with the 2023 Peace - I like Dan's high relief much better. But I settled for the 2022.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this 1622 Atocha (2015) type C Cobb mintage of 8 with shipping it was at issue price. I rarely find decent deals so I was excited to get it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255899043841?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=92QLPBqKRGC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=R45YPXNgTdu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Options

@SaorAlba said:
    I really wish the US mint didn't come out with the 2023 Peace - I like Dan's high relief much better. But I settled for the 2022.

I agree. 2022 could've been a nice transition for a continued Broken Sword series, 1917-1921, MCMXXI, 2022-?

• Options
    edited January 5, 2023 3:02AM

@D808LF said:

@SaorAlba said:

I agree. 2022 could've been a nice transition for a continued Broken Sword series, 1917-1921, MCMXXI, 2022-?

He did one ‼️Broken sword ‼️

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2023 6:58AM

@dcarr

Any plans for a 2022-D Morgan to go with the P-S-O-CC mints?

An O or CC Mint Peace Dollar?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I’m in awe of the thought and work Dan did on his new Klepto Currency Hard Times Token‼️👍🎯‼️
    The image of Sam ( Scam) Bank-man looks exactly like him‼️And Dan’s explanation of design is awesome ‼️
    I can’t tell if that’s a nail in Sam’s ass…….. butt, they definitely nailed his ass‼️
    Great work Dan‼️‼️👍👍👍🎯🎯👍👍‼️‼️

• Options
    edited January 7, 2023 8:32AM

Funny piece.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2023 9:25AM

@Nickpatton said:
    I’m in awe of the thought and work Dan did on his new Klepto Currency Hard Times Token‼️👍🎯‼️

What a great token of our times!

Definitely hard times for those that lost their savings!

• Options

@GRANDAM said:

Any plans for ...

I hope not....never.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2023 6:18AM

• Options

@nk1nk said:
    Picked up this 1622 Atocha (2015) type C Cobb mintage of 8 with shipping it was at issue price. I rarely find decent deals so I was excited to get it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255899043841?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=92QLPBqKRGC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=R45YPXNgTdu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Congrats! Great pickup on a great looking and rare piece!

This is very timely as Dan has some more recent Atocha pieces as well!

Here are a few of the images.

And the catalog page link:

http://www.moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_cobs_list.htm

• Options
    edited January 5, 2023 9:10AM

Speaking of Atocha cobs, here's a double struck piece I picked up a while back which doesn't seem to be mentioned in the catalog. There were a total of 19 satin that were sold. Not sure if this was part of the 19 or not.

Is this the earliest dated double struck Moonlight Mint piece?

• Options
    edited January 5, 2023 11:12AM

Any info for 2023 releases?

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2023 9:28AM

@GRANDAM said:
    @dcarr

...An O or CC Mint Peace Dollar?

I'd be far more interested in a fantasy o/s Trade Dollar... coincidentally, 2023 is its 150th anniversary.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

@SPalladino said:

@GRANDAM said:

Any plans for ...

I hope not....never.

Why do you say that?

• Options

@GRANDAM said:

@SPalladino said:

@GRANDAM said:

Any plans for ...

I hope not....never.

Why do you say that?

The Carson City mint closed in 1893. The Carson City mint never produced a Peace dollar, which was not even conceived until about 25 years after the CC Mint closed.

Heck, if Dan does a CC mint mark Peace Dollar, then why not a CC mint mark Eisenhower Dollar?

Yes, we are referring to fantasy pieces, but I tend to be a Carson City snob WRT CC "resurrection" pieces. In 2021, the US Mint honored the Morgan series 100 years after its last official production for release. In creating a CC privy marked Morgan in 2021, the US Mint did not produce them in Carson City, nor did 2021 have any date anniversary connection with any CC Morgan (1878-1893).

And don't get me wrong: I own a 2021 CC privy marked Morgan. I own a 1874-CC Seated Liberty Dollar for Moonlight Mint. I ordered a 2022-CC Morgan from Moonlight Mint. They are novelties (and in the case of Dan's work, beautiful novelties). I own the Moonlight Mint's production from canceled CC dies - now that is very cool and directly connected to Carson City. But, I'd rather not see a Peace Dollar with a CC mint mark - nor an Eisenhower dollar with CC mint mark for that matter.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@Nickpatton said:

@D808LF said:

@SaorAlba said:

He did one ‼️Broken sword ‼️

I understand, but 2022 being the last, right(?) Can DC release a 2023 Broken Sword Peace or is it too close to the Mint's proposed 2023 Peace dollar? Isn't that the reason why he didn't make any 1922 Broken Sword Peace dollars(?)

• Options

@TopcatCoin said:

Where did you pick up the Franklin ⁉️⁉️⁉️

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto, I would also like one of those Frankies...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funds are crazy tight, but I want a 48 DC Franky too !

@7Jaguars said:
    Ditto, I would also like one of those Frankies...

• Options

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the 64-D Franklin and love it. I would like the Proof Like 1948 as well.

• Options

That's parcel art right there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file