Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Tom Brady over-rated?

Seems like whomever the Patriots play at quarterback the team wins. So maybe Brady isn't as great as everyone believes. Maybe it's Bill Belichick and his system with all the right players following his plan. Maybe Jay Cutler would be a superstar if he were with New England. image
I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
Doug
«1

Comments

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: downtown

    Seems like whomever the Patriots play at quarterback the team wins. So maybe Brady isn't as great as everyone believes. Maybe it's Bill Belichick and his system with all the right players following his plan. Maybe Jay Cutler would be a superstar if he were with New England. image




    Belicheck is the greatest coach of all-time. Hard to argue with that. With Jimmy he used half the playbook. With Brissett he used 20% of the playbook. Brady is the playbook.



    No, not even God could win with Cutler as QB. Sorry



    mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: downtown

    Maybe Jay Cutler would be a superstar if he were with New England. image




    Let's tap the brakes here...........and I'm a Bears fan.





    I sure hope NE & Pitt stay healthy throughout the season, cuz an AFC Championship slobberknocker between those two sounds awfully enticing right about now.



  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

    Originally posted by: downtown

    Seems like whomever the Patriots play at quarterback the team wins. So maybe Brady isn't as great as everyone believes. Maybe it's Bill Belichick and his system with all the right players following his plan. Maybe Jay Cutler would be a superstar if he were with New England. image




    Belicheck is the greatest coach of all-time. Hard to argue with that. With Jimmy he used half the playbook. With Brissett he used 20% of the playbook. Brady is the playbook.



    No, not even God could win with Cutler as QB. Sorry



    mark




    Mark has it. With brady, the entire playbook opens up. Very important as teams move into December and more video exists.



    And yes, BB is the GOAT

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer to that question is the same answer Belichick gave to the reporter who asked him if he was considering a QB change after that loss to KC a couple of years ago.


    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Biased as I am about Brady being the best ever I have to say that Brady has actually been held back by the Kraft/Bellichek regime. Think about the lack of weapons and big name players the Pats have shorted Brady of over the years, had they spent money and lightened up a tiny bit Belicheks God Complex they actually might have won MORE
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Boy......here we go. Aikman wasn't all that good either. Geeze where do thes threads come from!!!
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN
    Oh Boy......here we go. Aikman wasn't all that good either. Geeze where do thes threads come from!!!


    Usually these threads come from craig image

  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    How many championships did bill win with Cleveland?

    IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: garnettstyle

    How many championships did bill win with Cleveland?




    Good call. I forgot he lead Cleveland to their last playoff win! Yet another feather in his cap. That is one bad franchise.



    mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN
    Oh Boy......here we go. Aikman wasn't all that good either. Geeze where do thes threads come from!!!


    The cowboys didn't win with other's at QB like they did with Aikman. My original post was more that the patriots have the team and coaching to win with anyone at QB so maybe Brady isn't as great (he is good) as perceived.



    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Peace Be With You My Son

    image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: downtown
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN
    Oh Boy......here we go. Aikman wasn't all that good either. Geeze where do thes threads come from!!!


    The cowboys didn't win with other's at QB like they did with Aikman. My original post was more that the patriots have the team and coaching to win with anyone at QB so maybe Brady isn't as great (he is good) as perceived.





    They did good with Roger S. And quite well with Danny White. The period we are in now.....2000-present is the only bad time in Cowboy history and is know as the Romo period! Darkest of all times in Cowboy history!image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

    Originally posted by: downtown

    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

    Oh Boy......here we go. Aikman wasn't all that good either. Geeze where do thes threads come from!!!




    The cowboys didn't win with other's at QB like they did with Aikman. My original post was more that the patriots have the team and coaching to win with anyone at QB so maybe Brady isn't as great (he is good) as perceived.











    They did good with Roger S. And quite well with Danny White. The period we are in now.....2000-present is the only bad time in Cowboy history and is know as the Romo period! Darkest of all times in Cowboy history!image




    Darker then this six or seven year period in between Romo and Aikman or are you just recreating history to fit your narrative?



    These were the Dallas starting QB's in between



    Drew Bledsoe

    Vinny Testaverde

    Drew Henson

    Chad Hutchinson

    Quincy Carter

    Anthony Wright

    Ryan Leaf

    Clint Stoerner

    Randall Cunningham
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN
    Originally posted by: downtown
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN
    Oh Boy......here we go. Aikman wasn't all that good either. Geeze where do thes threads come from!!!


    The cowboys didn't win with other's at QB like they did with Aikman. My original post was more that the patriots have the team and coaching to win with anyone at QB so maybe Brady isn't as great (he is good) as perceived.





    They did good with Roger S. And quite well with Danny White. The period we are in now.....2000-present is the only bad time in Cowboy history and is know as the Romo period! Darkest of all times in Cowboy history!image


    Darker then this six or seven year period in between Romo and Aikman or are you just recreating history to fit your narrative?

    These were the Dallas starting QB's in between

    Drew Bledsoe
    Vinny Testaverde
    Drew Henson
    Chad Hutchinson
    Quincy Carter
    Anthony Wright
    Ryan Leaf
    Clint Stoerner
    Randall Cunningham


    You are correct.......I did throw 2 periods together. The 2000-2006 period was very dark also. We went thru some very bad and over the hill QB's before Tony came in and stunk up the field.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Brady will show how great he is for the rest of the season but right now he and his wife are enjoying Italy and each other.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: pitboss

    Brady will show how great he is for the rest of the season but right now he and his wife are enjoying Italy and each other.




    No one has it better then Tom. One college national championship, 4 Super Bowls and Giselle. Dayum



    mark



    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

    Bill or Tom ?

    I believe the verdict is in !

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Perhaps...under? 🤷

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow, posting in the same thread 7 years apart. I think that is my personal record.

    I guess we know now that the Patriots cannot win with just anyone under center. Tommy, however, won for two different teams in 2 different conferences, in 2 very different offensive systems.

    I agree with thisistheshow, perhaps Tommy is underrated?

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @downtown said:
    Seems like whomever the Patriots play at quarterback the team wins. So maybe Brady isn't as great as everyone believes. Maybe it's Bill Belichick and his system with all the right players following his plan. Maybe Jay Cutler would be a superstar if he were with New England.

    Have you been watching the Patriots since Brady left? Tampa did well with him until last year. They won a Super Bowl and lost to the LA Rams the next year. The Rams went all the way. Tom was in his 40s last year, and the Tampa offensive coordinator was a dingbat who got fired.

    No, Tom is the GOAT. It sure wasn’t all because if Belichick.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

    @downtown said:
    Seems like whomever the Patriots play at quarterback the team wins. So maybe Brady isn't as great as everyone believes. Maybe it's Bill Belichick and his system with all the right players following his plan. Maybe Jay Cutler would be a superstar if he were with New England.

    And the Patriots won how many championships before and after Tom Brady .

  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    Lol. I thought it was April 1st when I saw the thread, then realized it’s 7 years old.
    BTW, who is the Brady guy?

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    hey, this thread has a Perk sighting from 2016!!! the way back machine

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    hey, this thread has a Perk sighting from 2016!!! the way back machine

    I read that Perk sold the rights to use his posts to the new CU owners for a large undisclosed amount of money. Rumor has it the number was north of 10 mil.

  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

    @stevek said:
    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

    QB GOAT is impossible, and Noll has Belichick beat on Super Bowl record and drafting record. JMHO

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    It's a shame your post from 2016 doesn't have your old avatar :D

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @clarke442 said:

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    It's a shame your post from 2016 doesn't have your old avatar :D

    ohhh, how I miss the perkies...

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @4for4 said:

    @stevek said:
    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

    QB GOAT is impossible, and Noll has Belichick beat on Super Bowl record and drafting record. JMHO

    Nope, I replied over in the BB thread, but to state it again, 6-2 in the SB is Worlds better than 4-0. lots and lots better.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @clarke442 said:

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    It's a shame your post from 2016 doesn't have your old avatar :D

    The Perkies i think was the name, was the GOAT avatar.

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @clarke442 said:

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    It's a shame your post from 2016 doesn't have your old avatar :D

    ohhh, how I miss the perkies...

    I hate that when somebody beats me to the post. 😉

  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @craig44 said:

    @perkdog said:
    This thread is just silly 😄😄😄

    hey, this thread has a Perk sighting from 2016!!! the way back machine

    I read that Perk sold the rights to use his posts to the new CU owners for a large undisclosed amount of money. Rumor has it the number was north of 10 mil.

    Oh my goodness!!! A @stevek sighting!!!
    Welcome back!

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @stevek said:
    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

    QB GOAT is impossible, and Noll has Belichick beat on Super Bowl record and drafting record. JMHO

    Nope, I replied over in the BB thread, but to state it again, 6-2 in the SB is Worlds better than 4-0. lots and lots better.

    If a 4-0 and 6-2 team lead a division in baseball the 4-0 team is in 1st place because both teams have a 4 game win differential and the 4-0 team has a better winning percentage.

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @stevek said:
    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

    QB GOAT is impossible, and Noll has Belichick beat on Super Bowl record and drafting record. JMHO

    Nope, I replied over in the BB thread, but to state it again, 6-2 in the SB is Worlds better than 4-0. lots and lots better.

    If a 4-0 and 6-2 team lead a division in baseball the 4-0 team is in 1st place because both teams have a 4 game win differential and the 4-0 team has a better winning percentage.

    we are not talking about divisional standings in baseball. we are talking about a single-game elimination championship game.

    that is not apples/oranges it is apples/Crocodiles.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @stevek said:
    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

    QB GOAT is impossible, and Noll has Belichick beat on Super Bowl record and drafting record. JMHO

    Nope, I replied over in the BB thread, but to state it again, 6-2 in the SB is Worlds better than 4-0. lots and lots better.

    If a 4-0 and 6-2 team lead a division in baseball the 4-0 team is in 1st place because both teams have a 4 game win differential and the 4-0 team has a better winning percentage.

    we are not talking about divisional standings in baseball. we are talking about a single-game elimination championship game.

    that is not apples/oranges it is apples/Crocodiles.

    Your coach was a 3 and 12 point favorite and lost. He was embarrassed as a 12 point favorite. That’s embarrassing. Only the 18 point favorite Colts were more embarrassing.

    If you call that greatness then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

    My point stands on the standings because it’s an accurate one.
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I will borrow an argument Dallas sometimes uses when comparing players.

    Noll won the only 4 SB's he ever played in. match those up with 4 of BB's. now lets compare Noll and BB beyond the first 4 SB's and see how they fared...

        Noll            BB
    

    1. SB sb
    2. SB sb
    3. sb sb
    4. sb sb
    5. couch sb
    6. couch sb
    7. couch sb loss
    8. couch sb loss
    9. couch sb loss

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The formatting didnt come out great, but you get the drift. while BB was going to 5 more SB's and winning 2 of those, Chuck Noll was sitting on his couch, watching BB win those SB's

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @stevek said:
    Belichick and Brady are both GOATs. They did great things together which they couldn't have done separately. Often the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, like with the Beatles. I think that is the case here.

    I believe that Belichick had more to do with it. Some not as football savvy as me (😉) think that Brady had more to do with it. In any event it was done, and it was magnificent - that's the main thing. 😊

    I only wish it would have happened in Philly. 🤔

    QB GOAT is impossible, and Noll has Belichick beat on Super Bowl record and drafting record. JMHO

    Nope, I replied over in the BB thread, but to state it again, 6-2 in the SB is Worlds better than 4-0. lots and lots better.

    If a 4-0 and 6-2 team lead a division in baseball the 4-0 team is in 1st place because both teams have a 4 game win differential and the 4-0 team has a better winning percentage.

    we are not talking about divisional standings in baseball. we are talking about a single-game elimination championship game.

    that is not apples/oranges it is apples/Crocodiles.

    Your coach was a 3 and 12 point favorite and lost. He was embarrassed as a 12 point favorite. That’s embarrassing. Only the 18 point favorite Colts were more embarrassing.

    If you call that greatness then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

    My point stands on the standings because it’s an accurate one.
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

    The more times you do anything, the more chances there are for stinkers to happen. That is why players can hit .400 for a month, but cannot do it over a full season. at least in the last 80 years.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If we were to be able to go back in time and ask Mr. Noll himself, would you rather be "perfect" 4-0 in the SB or have a 6-3 record, what do you think he would say?

    I would guarantee he would rather go 6-3

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

    a few questions to ponder as i peruse this here thread resurrection

    did downtown really say that maybe Jay Cutler would have been a superstar in New England?

    did dimeman really say that maybe Brady isn't as great as perceived? moreover, why is any part of me surprised to read that?

    why was i capitalizing the first word of every sentence and ending them with periods?

    for those of us who contributed back then and are still around today, have any of us gotten laid since 2016?

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @galaxy27 said:
    a few questions to ponder as i peruse this here thread resurrection

    did downtown really say that maybe Jay Cutler would have been a superstar in New England?

    did dimeman really say that maybe Brady isn't as great as perceived? moreover, why is any part of me surprised to read that?

    why was i capitalizing the first word of every sentence and ending them with periods?

    for those of us who contributed back then and are still around today, have any of us gotten laid since 2016?

    I had a lap dance at a club. Does that count? 🤣

  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @galaxy27 said:
    a few questions to ponder as i peruse this here thread resurrection

    did downtown really say that maybe Jay Cutler would have been a superstar in New England?

    did dimeman really say that maybe Brady isn't as great as perceived? moreover, why is any part of me surprised to read that?

    why was i capitalizing the first word of every sentence and ending them with periods?

    for those of us who contributed back then and are still around today, have any of us gotten laid since 2016?

    I had a lap dance at a club. Does that count? 🤣

    I stayed at a Holiday Inn once

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @galaxy27 said:
    a few questions to ponder as i peruse this here thread resurrection

    did downtown really say that maybe Jay Cutler would have been a superstar in New England?

    did dimeman really say that maybe Brady isn't as great as perceived? moreover, why is any part of me surprised to read that?

    why was i capitalizing the first word of every sentence and ending them with periods?

    for those of us who contributed back then and are still around today, have any of us gotten laid since 2016?

    Well, Im married, so yeah. However, If I were not married, not a chance!!!!

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2023 12:30AM

    @craig44 said:
    The formatting didnt come out great, but you get the drift. while BB was going to 5 more SB's and winning 2 of those, Chuck Noll was sitting on his couch, watching BB win those SB's

    Final question because we just see it differently.

    Yes or no answers please.

    Was Otto Graham’s 7-3 championship record greater than Tom Brady’s 7-2 championship record?

    Was Tom Landry’s 2-2 record better then Bill Parcell’s 2-0 record ?

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:
    The formatting didnt come out great, but you get the drift. while BB was going to 5 more SB's and winning 2 of those, Chuck Noll was sitting on his couch, watching BB win those SB's

    Final question because we just see it differently.

    Yes or no answers please.

    Was Otto Graham’s 7-3 championship record greater than Tom Brady’s 7-2 championship record?

    Was Tom Landry’s 2-2 record better then Bill Parcell’s 2-0 record ?

    well, Toms SB record was also 7-3, so on face value, he and Graham have the same championship record.

    Yes, Landrys 2-2 record was more successful than Tunas 2-0 record.

    which is a more successful season, making it to the playoffs and losing in the first round or making it to the SB and losing.

    100 out of 100 coaches would take making it to the SB.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:
    The formatting didnt come out great, but you get the drift. while BB was going to 5 more SB's and winning 2 of those, Chuck Noll was sitting on his couch, watching BB win those SB's

    Final question because we just see it differently.

    Yes or no answers please.

    Was Otto Graham’s 7-3 championship record greater than Tom Brady’s 7-2 championship record?

    Was Tom Landry’s 2-2 record better then Bill Parcell’s 2-0 record ?

    well, Toms SB record was also 7-3, so on face value, he and Graham have the same championship record.

    Yes, Landrys 2-2 record was more successful than Tunas 2-0 record.

    which is a more successful season, making it to the playoffs and losing in the first round or making it to the SB and losing.

    100 out of 100 coaches would take making it to the SB.

    Financially yes. Making it is better.

    Making it and losing it no coach would take. They’d rather be golfing then knowing they’re in a lost game.

    Surprised you feel losing is better in any time of the season.
    That’s not how coaches or any sports fan feels.

    I guess that’s how the “everyone get a trophy “ generation feels, because in my generation a tie was like kissing your cousin, and losing anywhere, anytime never felt good, especially in a Super Bowl.

    Surprised you or anyone else feels coaches feel great about losing the SB over losing the AFC championship game.

    Have you ever heard a coach say that after losing the Bowl ?

    Please provide a link to back up that claim. I find it impossible to believe.

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:
    The formatting didnt come out great, but you get the drift. while BB was going to 5 more SB's and winning 2 of those, Chuck Noll was sitting on his couch, watching BB win those SB's

    Final question because we just see it differently.

    Yes or no answers please.

    Was Otto Graham’s 7-3 championship record greater than Tom Brady’s 7-2 championship record?

    Was Tom Landry’s 2-2 record better then Bill Parcell’s 2-0 record ?

    well, Toms SB record was also 7-3, so on face value, he and Graham have the same championship record.

    Yes, Landrys 2-2 record was more successful than Tunas 2-0 record.

    which is a more successful season, making it to the playoffs and losing in the first round or making it to the SB and losing.

    100 out of 100 coaches would take making it to the SB.

    Financially yes. Making it is better.

    Making it and losing it no coach would take. They’d rather be golfing then knowing they’re in a lost game.

    Surprised you feel losing is better in any time of the season.
    That’s not how coaches or any sports fan feels.

    I guess that’s how the “everyone get a trophy “ generation feels, because in my generation a tie was like kissing your cousin, and losing anywhere, anytime never felt good, especially in a Super Bowl.

    Surprised you or anyone else feels coaches feel great about losing the SB over losing the AFC championship game.

    Have you ever heard a coach say that after losing the Bowl ?

    Please provide a link to back up that claim. I find it impossible to believe.

    OK, let us extrapolate this out once again. The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. 31 teams do not accomplish that goal every single season.

    is it your position that every one of those 31 teams holds the same position at season's end?

    That is what it sounds like. If so, then you are saying that during the 2008 season the 0-16 Lions were just as successful as the Super Bowl runner-up Cardinals?

    This is nonsensical. It has nothing to do with "everyone gets a trophy" It has to do with what makes a successful season where only one team can win the championship.

    additionally, you did not address my previous question as to whose coaching career was more successful: the "perfect" 1-0 SB coach who finished last the other 19 years of his career, or the coach who made the super bowl each of his 20 seasons and went 11-9

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

    __> @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:

    @4for4 said:

    @craig44 said:
    The formatting didnt come out great, but you get the drift. while BB was going to 5 more SB's and winning 2 of those, Chuck Noll was sitting on his couch, watching BB win those SB's

    Final question because we just see it differently.

    Yes or no answers please.

    Was Otto Graham’s 7-3 championship record greater than Tom Brady’s 7-2 championship record?

    Was Tom Landry’s 2-2 record better then Bill Parcell’s 2-0 record ?

    well, Toms SB record was also 7-3, so on face value, he and Graham have the same championship record.

    Yes, Landrys 2-2 record was more successful than Tunas 2-0 record.

    which is a more successful season, making it to the playoffs and losing in the first round or making it to the SB and losing.

    100 out of 100 coaches would take making it to the SB.

    Financially yes. Making it is better.

    Making it and losing it no coach would take. They’d rather be golfing then knowing they’re in a lost game.

    Surprised you feel losing is better in any time of the season.
    That’s not how coaches or any sports fan feels.

    I guess that’s how the “everyone get a trophy “ generation feels, because in my generation a tie was like kissing your cousin, and losing anywhere, anytime never felt good, especially in a Super Bowl.

    Surprised you or anyone else feels coaches feel great about losing the SB over losing the AFC championship game.

    Have you ever heard a coach say that after losing the Bowl ?

    Please provide a link to back up that claim. I find it impossible to believe.

    OK, let us extrapolate this out once again. The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. 31 teams do not accomplish that goal every single season.

    is it your position that every one of those 31 teams holds the same position at season's end?

    That is what it sounds like. If so, then you are saying that during the 2008 season the 0-16 Lions were just as successful as the Super Bowl runner-up Cardinals?

    This is nonsensical. It has nothing to do with "everyone gets a trophy" It has to do with what makes a successful season where only one team can win the championship.

    additionally, you did not address my previous question as to whose coaching career was more successful: the "perfect" 1-0 SB coach who finished last the other 19 years of his career, or the coach who made the super bowl each of his 20 seasons and went 11-9

    Please provide a link where a losing SB coach or player said “even though we lost, at least we made it”

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2023 5:34AM

    Your SB question is not pertinent to the Noll-Belichick point.

    Noll at 4 and 0 has 4 more SB wins then losses.

    BB at 6-2 has 4 more SB wins then losses.

    If you give BB credit for his wins, then you have to discredit him for his two embarrassing losses.

    They are tied in SB success.

    Noll was the better drafter, and thus the better man.

    Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

Sign In or Register to comment.