Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official Standing Liberty 2016 Centennial Gold Coin Thread

Comments

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USM04425XX
    After being kicked off at 12:00, I was able to get logged in and order one at 12:26!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭
    Certainly is always a fun time trying to spend $$ with the US Mint...LOL Took me 16 mins of refreshes, error messages, time outs etc... Order went through finally at 12:16....# 04407xxx

At least, in this case, I want this coin for my collection so hopefully it was worth the effort.
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    About 8000 orders between mine 17 minutes in and my dad's 5 minutes later.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Gawd!

04426XXX

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MICHAELDIXON

USM04425XX

After being kicked off at 12:00, I was able to get logged in and order one at 12:26!

Since they started below 0440XXXX, that's more than 25,000 gone.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Got two orders in, thanks to my assistant..

04403***

Took a while, couldn't get thru on phone, but online worked - after several refreshes due to the traffic on the site slowing things down! 25 minutes total... whew - nice coin, Happy!
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    PITA...

Got it. 4413...

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: renman95

Originally posted by: chiefbob

When I got to "Final REview", it spun and spun. The "confirm order" was next, so I clicked on it. Then it wiped my cc info. But I got an email stating that my order went through and expect a confirmation email within 24 hours. Took a total of ten minutes. Their server(s) were overwhelmed...

Order #: 04401

This!

17 minutes of wash, rinse, and reject....

#04408xxx

Exactly the same for me. My Order# was also 04408xxx like comrade Renski's.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway

Originally posted by: MICHAELDIXON

USM04425XX

Since they started below 0440XXXX, that's more than 25,000 gone.

Make that 26,000

004426XXX for me

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    USM044066XX Wife
    USM044112XX Mine
    USM044224XX Friend
    USM....PENDING Sister

Now I have address problems, let see if it gets here beacuse my address has 1/2 and doesn't let me use that type of address.

• Options
    USM044319XX sister
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Outhaul
    I am stuck in checkout. US Mint sucks.

HaHa. Very true!!
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Took numerous attempts and about 25 minutes, but got mine in. image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I hope they are a sellout! I made 2 orders.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me 35 minutes to get my 1 order in.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get to Confirm Order, and there are no boxes to check!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that took nearly 30 minutes. What a system.

USM04425XXX
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: RichieURich
    I get to Confirm Order, and there are no boxes to check!

Try Edge. Chrome seems to block the confirm button.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I got kicked out about 15 times before they finally accepted my order.
    04414---

Got my 2nd order in ( under my sons name) 04436---
  • Options
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway
    Took me about 12 minutes. Had same trouble as everybody else placing order and getting CC info deleted.
    04403XXX

Same CC issues here, too, but got my order through in 8 minutes.

04402XXX
    Robert
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Got one in cart, ready to go and backed away. Just not feeling this one is going to be a hit. I'm out.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a freaking ordeal. USMo44321XX

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my confirmation...took about 20 minutes and as mentioned, I had the item in the shopping bag before 11.01. CC info kept clearing out. Now it remains to see if I actually get one or if my order gets cancelled.

Now I can get back to work...

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    Originally posted by: renman95
    Originally posted by: chiefbob
    When I got to "Final REview", it spun and spun. The "confirm order" was next, so I clicked on it. Then it wiped my cc info. But I got an email stating that my order went through and expect a confirmation email within 24 hours. Took a total of ten minutes. Their server(s) were overwhelmed...

Order #: 04401

This!

17 minutes of wash, rinse, and reject....

#04408xxx

Couldn't sleep? or "surfs up".

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the lowest number so far? We can use it to calculate how many have been sold so far.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    It took me 36 minutes to finally confirm order.

4430xxx.
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USMo 4433XXX -- In and out in under 30 seconds! An absolute record for me!
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got it done, thanks to Goldminers for the hint to change browsers, was using Firefox unsuccessfully. 4434xxx

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    the stampede has already passed
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    And another

USM04436xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PerryHall
    What is the lowest number so far? We can use it to calculate how many have been sold so far.

lowest I have seen is 04399xxx,
    Basically around 37,000 sold after one hour
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got in at 10:00 order # 4437XXX
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The earliest I see is:

In and out, order #USM04398xxx
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    as of right now. 044390xx

Thats about 40k orders in 77 minutes.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    Successfully ordered once I figured out the following. I was ordering to a new shipping address and using a not on file credit card. If I left the box checked for save credit card info it would fail. If I told it to save shipping address it would fail. Once I left these options unchecked, order went through nicely albeit slowly. USM04422xxx
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won this "dinner bet" easy, when I took the "over" that the Mint would sell 35,000 coins in Day 1.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    They are flowing now image
  • Options
    Doesn't look like this one will sell out??
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be selling on ebay for $600-$650 right now. From the images, my opinion is that this design reproduced better than the Mercury dime, though I kept a few of those for my daughters.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An hour and a half later and I'm still stuck at "PLACE ORDER."
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JimDepot
    In and out, order #USM04398xxx

Congratulations - You were the first to post here that your order went through.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Boy, I just went back in and tried to order another (not actually going to process it, naturally), but I just blew through the entire process in seconds, no bogging down, it saved the CC info, actually saved my default address (which I actually had to choose from the drop down when prompted), everything no issues right now. Does this bode well??
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got all the hangs that most everybody has reported. Took 18 minutes. #44092xx.

Looks like 40,000+ orders so far. Sell out a day or two or maybe over the week end. Could be the last few thousand will linger like the dime still is.

• Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭
    It took less than a minute. USM04441xxx
  • Options
    wow looks like only 5-7K's in the past 20 min. This might not sell out today and if it stalls in the 70k range tonight this might be up for a while!
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubtful It will sell out today, How many SLQ are there? The one per limit will insure this I think....
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of glad,

every time I get ready to make a mint order I get bombardedwith customers coming in to sell, I missed the mint medal because of it, I didn't get finished my last customer till 12:25, but had no problem getting one this time

I think the 1 per household helped out, but will probably hurt flip profit margin
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Woke up from nap just in time to miss the rush. Got two orders through without a hitch or any delay.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    Originally posted by: Paulyaces76
    wow looks like only 5-7K's in the past 20 min. This might not sell out today and if it stalls in the 70k range tonight this might be up for a while!

I have to agree. It looks like around 37-38,000 the first hour and maybe only 5,000 the second hour? Not sure what the highest number is now, but of those on the forum posting, this seems to have leveled off a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file