Home Sports Talk
Options

2016 Patriots-Revenge Tour COMPLETED

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:
    Can the Patriots just let kicked footballs alone? Don't touch them. This is an awful prelude to the post season

2 dumb plays = 14 points for those nasty birds! It's called beating yourself. Dallas does it all the time.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugly win better than the alternative :|

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

Rare for the Pats to have such a glaring season long weakness (return game). If they can't get it cleaned up will undoubtedly haunt them in a close loss during the playoffs. I expect to see Edelman back there during the playoffs, heck just have him fair catch every punt that would be an improvement over what they have been doing.

• Options

That was a mark of a great team. To just give the other team 14 points and still win. They are the best team in the NFL and Brady is the best QB...PERIOD!

I envy Pats fans!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually surprised they were playing so well and not so surprised Baltimore found a way to get back in it and almost win it. That big play to Hogan was huge

• Options

Brady is a winner and finds a way to win.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Brady is a winner and finds a way to win.

Well he lost two Super Bowls and a few huge games so nothing is a sure thing, I'm hoping he has one more in the tank as far as Super Bowls go but I feel that a trip to the AFC championship game is good enough for Big Bill and Kraft nowadays with the decision making that they do.

• Options

Nobody wins them all..........Except Bradshaw, Montana and Aikman.....all 3 are undefeated in Super Bowls. There are others with 1 out of 1 like Delfer. but we won't get into that.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2016 5:13AM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Nobody wins them all..........Except Bradshaw, Montana and Aikman.....all 3 are undefeated in Super Bowls. There are others with 1 out of 1 like Delfer. but we won't get into that.

Of course on the flip side if Monanta, Bradshaw or Aikman were fortunate or good enough to lead their teams to six Super Bowls they would have had a loss or to two or three......

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2016 7:42AM

I'm actually surprised they were playing so well and not so surprised Baltimore found a way to get back in it and almost win it.

please explain your relief. Baltimore never really had a chance to TIE the game, let alone win it. in order to be really "in it" or cause any "worry" they probably had to score a late TD instead of a FG, followed by a 2-point conversion, a recovered onside kick followed by another score.

short of that the ending was sort of anti-climactic and never really in doubt.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Of course on the flip side if Monanta, Bradshaw or Aikman were fortunate or good enough to lead their teams to six Super Bowls they would have had a loss or to two or three......

mark

Maybe....maybe not........

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

mark

Let's go with not as none of their teams were good enough to get to six Super Bowls.

M

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

mark

Let's go with not as none of their teams were good enough to get to six Super Bowls.

M

Those 90's Cowboys were more than good enough........if Jerry wouldn't have run Jimmy Johnson off.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

mark

M

Those 90's Cowboys were more than good enough........if Jerry wouldn't have run Jimmy Johnson off.

How many Super Bowls did they/Aikman make it to?

mark

• Options

Great game! Pats D looked awesome and they ground down the Broncos. Looking good!

• Options

After that interception, Patriots were absolutely methodical on their way to the win. Defense allowed what they wanted to allow, for the most part. Heck of a hit by McCourty too. Had to hurt.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the Patriots. Good luck in the playoffs. I do not think my favorite team will win the next two games and it will miss the playoffs. Maybe next year.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    Congrats to the Patriots. Good luck in the playoffs. I do not think my favorite team will win the next two games and it will miss the playoffs. Maybe next year.

Thanks Buddy! You guys got the best of us last year when it really counted, I really didn't want to travel back to Denver in the Playoffs!

• Options

@keets said:
    I'm actually surprised they were playing so well and not so surprised Baltimore found a way to get back in it and almost win it.

please explain your relief. Baltimore never really had a chance to TIE the game, let alone win it. in order to be really "in it" or cause any "worry" they probably had to score a late TD instead of a FG, followed by a 2-point conversion, a recovered onside kick followed by another score.

@keets said:

Sorry I missed this post, all I meant was I was surprised they won, even when the game was in hand Baltimore did come back until the wind was taken out of their sails when Hogan snatched that 79 yard TD, before that big play Baltimore was in it. Not sure if you had the TV on at that point

• Options

Pats looking awesome ofcourse against the hapless " Pets" I'm glad Big Bill had enough common sense to take Brady out for a change during garbage time. Liking our chances in the playoffs!

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

With McGloin now the starting quarterback for Raiders, the AFC is parting like the Red Sea for the Patriots.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

@breakdown said:
    With McGloin now the starting quarterback for Raiders, the AFC is parting like the Red Sea for the Patriots.

Only two teams I feared and that's going into Denver and facing Baltimore anywhere. The Raiders haven't been playing that great lately with Carr, they looked horrendous at Arrowhead a few weeks ago and their WR's are banged up too

• Options
    edited December 25, 2016 1:21PM

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

Only two teams I feared and that's going into Denver and facing Baltimore anywhere. The Raiders haven't been playing that great lately with Carr, they looked horrendous at Arrowhead a few weeks ago and their WR's are banged up too

The only team I fear is the Giants! Not because they are good, but because we lay down and make them look good!

Looking and the season and hearing all this talk about the Steelers and Ravens.......Dallas SWEPT the AFC North. When has that ever been done!

It all comes down to who is hot come playoff time. That's why I don't like the 2 wild cards getting in. They can raise up and beat anybody on a given day!

• Options

I was talking AFC, I fear the Giants in a potential Super Bowl.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I was talking AFC, I fear the Giants in a potential Super Bowl.

Well, you don't have to worry about the Ravens any more.

• Options

Yea definitely am pumped they lost for sure

• Options

I sure wish the Giants would have got knocked out! :/

• Options

Great W! Brady passing Marino on the TD mark....no big deal B)

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Great W! Brady passing Marino on the TD mark....no big deal B)

You guys went out on a good note.....while we......not so much. I don't think Sanchez could hit the ocean if he was standing on the beach getting his feet wet!!!!

• Options
    edited January 1, 2017 7:39PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

The only team I fear is the Giants! Not because they are good, but because we lay down and make them look good!

Looking and the season and hearing all this talk about the Steelers and Ravens.......Dallas SWEPT the AFC North. When has that ever been done!

It all comes down to who is hot come playoff time. That's why I don't like the 2 wild cards getting in. They can raise up and beat anybody on a given day!

FWIW the AFC North was the worst division in the AFC. Still it is tough to sweep

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

FWIW the AFC North was the worst division in the AFC. Still it is tough to sweep

mark

Yes, the Brown's pulled that Division down, but all the others are a tuff team to beat.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

mark

Yes, the Brown's pulled that Division down, but all the others are a tuff team to beat.

Yah the 8-8 Ravens and 6-9-1 Bengals were juggernauts.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

mark

mark

Most of the Pat's fans didn't want to play those 8-8 Ravens. B)

And the Bengals still had their top WR and a winning record when we beat them.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

mark

mark

And the Bengals still had and a winning record when we beat them.

Actually they did not and it was in week 5 you nut Job ; )

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

mark

mark

mark

OK, they were 2 and 2...the 2 losses were to the Steelers and Broncos....2 good teams.

And yes they hay A.J. Green when they played us.

• Options
    edited January 3, 2017 1:12AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@breakdown said:

mark

mark

mark

OK, they were 2 and 2...the 2 losses were to the Steelers and Broncos....2 good teams.

And yes they hay A.J. Green when they played us.

The Bengals were 3-6 1 with Green in the lineup and 3-3 without him. They played better after he was hurt. Dallas had lots of good wins this year. Cincinnati was not one of them

Let's not clog up anymore this Pats thread with Cowboy stuff. He have several of your own threads to do that in.

Go Pats

mark

• Options

Go Cowboys.

• Options

Not a thing of beauty but won by 18. I'll take it.

mark

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

mark

@Justacommeman said:

mark

That late FG made a lot of people happy, lol..

6-0 so far for the home favorites vs the spread.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Patriots effort gives me some hope. If Chiefs beat Steelers (we will see about that), the Patriots looked vulnerable tonight.
    Unfortunately, the Steelers will be a handful and I fully expect New England to play much better next week.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

@breakdown said:
    That Patriots effort gives me some hope. If Chiefs beat Steelers (we will see about that), the Patriots looked vulnerable tonight.
    Unfortunately, the Steelers will be a handful and I fully expect New England to play much better next week.

The Steelers will be as good as Big Ben is.

• Options

They played awful, the game was won because Osweiler is the worst QB in the league. If we play like that against the Chiefs or Steelers we won't win. I honestly was annoyed at them last night, they went right into their classic throwing deep balls downfield and praying for a catch , they get like this when they get scared or frustrated. Glad they made it obviously and pumped it was a basically injury free night but again if they play like this again they won't make the Super Bowl.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    They played awful, the game was won because Osweiler is the worst QB in the league. If we play like that against the Chiefs or Steelers we won't win. I honestly was annoyed at them last night, they went right into their classic throwing deep balls downfield and praying for a catch , they get like this when they get scared or frustrated. Glad they made it obviously and pumped it was a basically injury free night but again if they play like this again they won't make the Super Bowl.

Paul,

I agree with your assessment but that game could be a blessing in disguise as you can bet Belichick will certainly have them focused and back on track for next week's game.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@perkdog said:

Paul,

I agree with your assessment but that game could be a blessing in disguise as you can bet Belichick will certainly have them focused and back on track for next week's game.

Ya it's nice to play like crap and win by 18. We are a little spoiled.

mark

• Options

remember the two seasons when the Patriots turned-in their playoff stinkers in the SB? I am glad they got it out of the way early this time!

• Options

Tim definitely agree they will be or should be more focused. Hopefully they shook off the rust from their bye week and will be back to dominating football

• Options

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulling for the Pats and the Falcons.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Brady in AFC Championship games has a 76 QB Rating, 12 TD'S & 12 Picks............just saying.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

One could expect to see stars pad their stats against inferior teams. In Championship games they are going against usually their equal. It should be more difficult. Brady is still one of the best in big games. He simply wins.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph