Home Sports Talk
Options

2016 Patriots-Revenge Tour COMPLETED

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely gross performance, I don't even care so much that they lost but to play that awful is inexcusable. 3-1 in Brady's absence is about as good as I was hoping for regardless.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not watch the NFL yesterday as too much other stuff going on.

What happened to cause New England to get shut out? Did they just lay an egg, or did Buffalo play really well?

Brady returns next week.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SanctionII

Did not watch the NFL yesterday as too much other stuff going on.

What happened to cause New England to get shut out? Did they just lay an egg, or did Buffalo play really well?

Brady returns next week.

just all around suckage. Notable were many penalties. Bunch of penalties were not accepted by the Bills too. Even Gostowski missed a field goal well within his range. It appeared that they mailed it in on offense, defense, and special teams.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I would suspect that they played very conservatively in order to stay healthy. Brady comes back next week. Everyone will step their game back up.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Certified Cheater is back. Check his balls.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I am sure they are deflated after his trip to Italy!
  • Options
    Looking good today as expected, it was nice to see Gronk get out there and look healthy. Also finally we got to see how great it is to have have both Gronk and Bennett lined up together, it was only Cleveland but nice W with Brady back in action
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady sure looked rusty didn't he.image
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    Looking good today as expected, it was nice to see Gronk get out there and look healthy. Also finally we got to see how great it is to have have both Gronk and Bennett lined up together, it was only Cleveland but nice W with Brady back in action

2 Tight ends working pretty good , Reminds me of when we had that other guy. Hopefully Bill can keep Bennett from murdering people so he can stay on the field.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady. That is all

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    That was the quickest first half of any game I can remember and they looked awful or at least the O line did anyways but Brady &Co came back and got it done. The revenge tour is on!
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at their remaining schedule, could they win out? No rothlesberger on Sunday. Healthy gronk and brady seems to not have lost a step.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I thought they could have played better but a win in Pittsburgh is a win, if Big Ben was playing I think they might have lost but whatever I will take it. Gostkowski might need to be cut if he keeps missing xtra points though :s

• Options
    edited October 31, 2016 12:16PM

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I love that they just systematically dismantled the " Jills" lol I'm shaking my head at them dealing Jamie Collins though, actually I should say gave him away. Honestly if I were a NFL player I'm not sure I would even bother playing for Bellichek, the guy is capable of dealing Tom Brady.

• Options

Talk radio thinks theres something off field behind the Collins move. Maybe he's been beating his wife ?

• Options

-third round pick in 2017 instead of 2018
    -Collins wasn't "doing his job," he was doing what he wanted to do on defense

Yeah, he's really good at what he wants to do, but the Pats' schemes require every person to do a specific thing. So TRUST IN BILL and this is a good move for NE

• Options

I do trust in Bill but let's be real here, he is way to overboard with his God complex. It has cost them some big games over the years leaving Brady with marginal at best receivers and bad secondary players.

• Options

Collins, not Brown......mark

• Options

We might have played better on D if we had Collins..D looked gross

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

great game!

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

The officials favored the Seabirds as usual. This needs to be looked into.

• Options

@Dave99B said:
    great game!

I think there were a few drops by Seattle that cost them points . It wasn't as close as the score indicates.

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

I sure liked the outcome : )
    NE wasn't firing on all 8
    A small crumb for that terrible call in Super Bowl I'm blocking it out.

• Options

Yea we will be fine I hope, also hoping Gronk is ok

• Options

Also giving props to Thomas for being classy and tweeting that he hopes Gronk is ok and Gronk himself for saying it was a clean hit fair and square which it certainly was. Respect to both players

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Also giving props to Thomas for being classy and tweeting that he hopes Gronk is ok and Gronk himself for saying it was a clean hit fair and square which it certainly was. Respect to both players

That hit knocked me off the sofa

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Please elaborate how the officials assisted Seattle this week? Are you referring to Da Gronk pushing Kam in the endzone?

• Options

@SirLurksALot said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Please elaborate how the officials assisted Seattle this week? Are you referring to Da Gronk pushing Kam in the endzone?

Gronk was held and pushed definite PI. And the biggest was the recent debacle right before the half in the Jet game. Horrible reefing. And the Green Bay game several years ago on MNF. That was also Horrific!!

• Options

All right! here we go! Good old fashion trash talking! That is half of the spectators delight.
    Its nice to see another poster here who isn't anti Seahawks. Oh DIMEMAN, that's Shehawks to you ;)
    "And the Green Bay game several years ago on MNF" When was that? did I still have hair?
    2015 wild card game, Detroit vs Dallas, look that one up. You are a Cowboys fan yes?

• Options

@LotsoLuck said:
    All right! here we go! Good old fashion trash talking! That is half of the spectators delight.
    Its nice to see another poster here who isn't anti Seahawks. Oh DIMEMAN, that's Shehawks to you ;)
    "And the Green Bay game several years ago on MNF" When was that? did I still have hair?
    2015 wild card game, Detroit vs Dallas, look that one up. You are a Cowboys fan yes?

Unless you are only 2...yes you had hair when the refs gave you the game against Green Bay! Nobody....I mean nobody could believe that call! It's not just me everyone is talking about the bad calls in favor of the Seababies. ;)

• Options
    edited November 17, 2016 11:32AM

Oh right, that one. I would have been pizzed if I were a Packers fan, but i'm not. Those were scab ref's who's day jobs were at Microsoft.
    Go Hawks!

• Options

@LotsoLuck said:
    Oh right, that one. I would have been pizzed if I were a Packers fan, but i'm not. Those were scab ref's who's day jobs were at Microsoft.
    Go Hawks!

It is what it is.

Go Cowboys!

• Options

Oh, Dimeman...so bitter over the botched hold still. It'll pass....at some point.

But, let's be clear on a couple things my fellow poster:

1) That final play is the definition of "letting them play". Contact was mutual between two of the toughest players in the league. Only ONE failed to make a play, and he proceeded to jump up and look for help

2) Everyone in the world is complaining about too many penalties; of course unless you hate a team and you want more and more.

3) A favorite play all the Seattle haters like to point out this year is the infamous Julio Jones player. Let's find the START of that play and you'll see Julio blatantly smack Sherman in the face.

This is fun discussion, it really is.

• Options

@SirLurksALot said:
    Oh, Dimeman...so bitter over the botched hold still. It'll pass....at some point.

But, let's be clear on a couple things my fellow poster:

1) That final play is the definition of "letting them play". Contact was mutual between two of the toughest players in the league. Only ONE failed to make a play, and he proceeded to jump up and look for help

2) Everyone in the world is complaining about too many penalties; of course unless you hate a team and you want more and more.

3) A favorite play all the Seattle haters like to point out this year is the infamous Julio Jones player. Let's find the START of that play and you'll see Julio blatantly smack Sherman in the face.

This is fun discussion, it really is.

I agree they should let them play, but PI is PI. I'm not a Pat's fan, but thought it was PI.

I don't hate Seattle...just think they get by with stuff.....that's all. I actually like the coach and some of the players.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2016 9:03PM

If anything, on that last play of the Sea-NE game, I thought it was offensive PI, not defensive. Gronk pushed off.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    If anything, on that last play of the Sea-NE game, I thought it was offensive PI, not defensive. Gronk pushed off.

What I saw was Cam holding and Gronk trying to get free.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2016 4:24PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

What I saw was Cam holding and Gronk trying to get free.

His push off was at least as egregious as the alleged hold. Good non-call in any case, imo. Let the players play~we have enough flags as it is, for goodness sake.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Looked not so hot in the first two quarters but got together against that pathetic 49'ers team. Going forward I feel like the playoffs are definitely going to happen but don't think this is a Super Bowl caliber team

• Options

I would like to see a Pats Cowboys Super Bowl! :)

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs fan here but it amazes me how little people are talking about Broncos. The best player in playoffs last year was Von Miller and it wasn't really close. Patriots couldn't block him and the Panthers couldn't block him.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

I wish Von Miller had a Star on his helmet!! :)

• Options

@breakdown said:
    Chiefs fan here but it amazes me how little people are talking about Broncos. The best player in playoffs last year was Von Miller and it wasn't really close. Patriots couldn't block him and the Panthers couldn't block him.

Pats fan here , purely in the interest of bringing up a different team , what about the Miami Dolphins? I thought they were a 4 and 12 team but they are doing much better than I expected , they could win the rest of their games this season and go 12-4 :o .

The Pats defense is sucking big time they could easily lose 2 of the remaining games and finish 12-4

• Options

Beat the Jets and didn't look good. Again I'm not feeling a chance at the Super Bowl

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Beat the Jets and didn't look good. Again I'm not feeling a chance at the Super Bowl

I just hope it's Dallas and somebody. :)

• Options

Gronk out for the season is horrendous news, I won't be surprised if his days in a Patriot uniform are numbered. All the talent in the world but gets banged up way too much.

• Options

Gronk is a huge loss for the Pats.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gronk may soon be in that category of player that should consider hanging it up for his own good. Romo is in that category as well.
    I admire these guys' warrior mentality, love of football and recognize that they may play until no team wants them but they shouldn't need to play because they need the money and there is life after football.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

I'm not liking this Baltimore game tonight, it will be a very tough game. Back on the Gronk topic, I laughed when everyone was talking in the preseason about how unstoppable the tandem of Bennett and Gronk was going to be, it was almost a sure thing one of them were going to get hurt.

• Options

Can the Patriots just let kicked footballs alone? Don't touch them. This is an awful prelude to the post season