Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1975 baseball topps wax case for sale

13»

Comments

• Options
    I've already sold 6 cases and have viewings scheduled for the 1976, 1977, 1978 lot.

All of my buyers have been thrilled and were very kind, accomidating and considerate given my situation.

Posting photos is optional as is for most classified ads. I've sold on Craigslist this way for many years.

Please show some respect for me and my husband's legacy. Thanks for all of the emails and calls. I'll be getting to them as soon as I can.

God bless.
    Jenny
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2016 8:05PM

Nope.....no one is buying it and YOU KNOW IT. This isn't your local newspaper. This is worldwide. You can't sell on Ebay without a picture either. If you wanted to sell something here a picture is needed. But you refuse for some reason, but yet you want to sell here.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2016 8:40PM

Jenny,

This board consists of a close-knit group of collectors who look out for one another. I believe the request to simply post a photo of one or more of the items or cases that you have for sale to confirm ownership is a perfectly reasonable one. You are a new member and seeking to broker deals here on the forum for very high dollar items in the tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'm sure you can understand why a certain level of caution expressed here would be prudent when you have not yet posted a photo of what you have in hand and wish to sell.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JennyF said:
    I have been asked about the condition of the cases and they are all in great shape. If you would like to arrange a viewing I'll need an offer that I feel is fair.

I am thinking that you have never sold a car before either. If you list a car for sale and say you have a 1966 Mustang for sale and don't know how to sell it on a car buying forum I would imagine you would get some bites. When you get requests for photos of the car repeatedly and ignore them and tell the potential buyers to send you an offer to arrange a viewing do you not see where that request would not only be met with skepticism but also with contempt. If people have items for sale they can at a minimum post a photo of the item - not tell people to send offers and you will then show photos.

We have all been going along and knew a long time ago the gig is up. Have a feeling posting privileges might not be in your future.

• Options
    Cut the lady some slack Kendall, Steel and Grote. Before I suffered my own hardships I made offers on stuff I hadn't seen yet. Believe it or not a lot of people (older timers) still do business this way.

Jenny, don't sweat these 3 as they probably do have good intentions. Best of luck with your sales and sorry for your loss. There are many charitable and kind people here so stay positive!
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arod75 said:
    Cut the lady some slack Kendall, Steel and Grote. Before I suffered my own hardships I made offers on stuff I hadn't seen yet. Believe it or not a lot of people (older timers) still do business this way.

Jenny, don't sweat these 3 as they probably do have good intentions. Best of luck with your sales and sorry for your loss. There are many charitable and kind people here so stay positive!

Quote from August 26, 2016

I've been traveling between Philladelphia and Manhattan trying to sell the majority of the collection. If you want to come out to PA and see the case in person, I can try and schedule to viewing. I've been offered 5 figures a box for the case so will be accepting that if all goes well. I didn't realize this case was that valuable but I saw on the Steve Hart site that he would buy a box for $7,000 so I feel comfortable with this offer. Thank you all for the advice and I will let you know how it goes. I will take photos if the deal doesn't go through and ask my grandson to post them for me.

Thank you all again and God bless.

Arod - I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, and if I am proven wrong in this case (get it - this case) I will publicly apologize. Not sure why someone would need to apologize for being skeptical of the scenario being posed on this board.

Person comes to the board as a new poster asking for help in moving some of her deceased husbands cards, and asks for help moving several very valuable cases. Info is given by the board and advice on who to contact which would be sufficient to get the deal done - if Steve Hart at BBCE was contacted I am pretty sure the deal would have been done if legit. I think everyone can agree on that point.

Numerous people have asked for photos which have been met with things like "make an offer and I will show photos", and several on here have sent PM's way back with not a single response. If anyone has received a PM response or photos they would have stated as such.

Since her grandson is helping her that means someone who is able to use a smartphone can take a photo and post it here in two seconds if legit. Giving advice like this to them IS helping an elderly lady with moving these items so she can get the money from the cases. Why she has decided to come on here and ask for help, yet ignore help from people who are experts in the hobby (like Grote on unopened for example) makes no sense. If seasoned veterans seem to think it is a con or a troll it might be, and this has been going on for 2 MONTHS with no pics - first post was August 24th.

Tell me anything about the above statements that is mean or insensitive?

KC

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2016 1:46PM

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

@JennyF said:
    I have been asked about the condition of the cases and they are all in great shape. If you would like to arrange a viewing I'll need an offer that I feel is fair. Thanks for all of your inquiries.

My brother's friends nieces grandmothers cousin twenty-one times removed has offered twice what anyone else has offered. He is not even going to ask for proof. Based upon all the honesty and integrity you have shown to date, he will take your word.

Now SHOW US DA PICTURES!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arod75 said:

An alt coming to another alt's defense, how touching. This has been going on for months.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JennyF said:
    I have been asked about the condition of the cases and they are all in great shape. If you would like to arrange a viewing I'll need an offer that I feel is fair.

Thanks for all of your inquiries.

God bless.

Can you arrange a viewing of those two bodyguard hunks you associate with?? :wink:

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

ok I will give you $134,000 for the three. Thanks

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1954 said:
    ok I will give you $134,000 for the three. Thanks

PayPal gift would be the safest option.

• Options

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    Please only make your offers by message.

I already have offers on the 1976, 1977, 1978 wax case lot and will only consider offers sent by message.

God bless.
    Jenny
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fear not oh white haired damsel in distress. We here have all formed a posse and have dispatched a rider with an offer. Come morning he will be in your town. Please let us know what time you'll be recieveing.

Kevin

• Options

@JennyF said:
    Please only make your offers by message.

I already have offers on the 1976, 1977, 1978 wax case lot and will only consider offers sent by message.

God bless.

I wonder if you would you consider a half million dollar offer for everything if it wasn't by message?

• Options

Why would I send you a private message? I sent you three of them over the past month and you never responded.

• Options
    Hi Shane,

I see two private messages from you and I responded to your first one.

As I mentioned I can only consider offers sent that way.

If you (or anyone else) do not hear back from me please send me a reminder. I am sorry but with all of the back and forth travels, calls and visits I can't keep up with everyone as quick as I would like.

I hope you understand.

God bless.
    Jenny
  • Options

Best idea would be if the mods removed this thread and the Alt. However, please leave the Blue Gloves before you walk out the door.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get it, how can it be enjoyable to an alt?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

The lot of 1976, 1977, 1978 wax cases has been sold. Thanks for the offers and patience. There was a lot of interest in this lot and it took a while to finalize the sale.

I will have more items for sale but will need to take some time to tend to other personal situations.

God bless.

Jenny
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2016 5:57PM

Any interest in telling us who "bought" them? Please take off the BLUE GLOVES when typing, as they usually lead to typos. Thank you.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

For the record I bought the lot. I threw out the cards since I was only really interested in the gum and empty wrappers.