Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1975 baseball topps wax case for sale

Hello,

This case is unopened and still stapled shut. I don't know exactly which auction place he bought it from (he kept much of this to himself no surprise) but he said it was a great buy.

I saw there was a lot of talk about unopened boxes here and wanted to see where I should sell this and for how much.

Please send me a private message if you have an offer or suggestion.

Thank you and God bless.

Jenny
Jenny

Comments

• pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Im calling bs...
  • GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JennyF
    Hello,

This case is unopened and still stapled shut. I don't know exactly which auction place he bought it from (he kept much of this to himself no surprise) but he said it was a great buy.

I saw there was a lot of talk about unopened boxes here and wanted to see where I should sell this and for how much.

Thank you and God bless.

Jenny

Well that's a heck of a first post, JennyF.

I would contact Steve at bbcexchange.com and talk to him about authenticating the case. If it is unopened and is real, he will be able to authenticate it for you. 1975 Topps is very popular around here, so if you don't strike a deal with Steve himself, then Im sure people here would love to buy with the whole sealed case or individual boxes from you.

www.bbcexchange.com

Best of luck.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the Conlon Mini sale?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    When was the Conlon Mini sale?

Edited: May 2009 thru REA. The twenty-six cases were offered in eight lots and sold for a total of $307,000.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Originally posted by: pjb103183

Im calling bs...

I'm afraid I don't understand?
    Jenny
  • Originally posted by: Grimster

Hello,

Thank you and God bless.

Jenny

Well that's a heck of a first post, JennyF.

I would contact Steve at bbcexchange.com and talk to him about authenticating the case. If it is unopened and is real, he will be able to authenticate it for you. 1975 Topps is very popular around here, so if you don't strike a deal with Steve himself, then Im sure people here would love to buy with the whole sealed case or individual boxes from you.

www.bbcexchange.com

Best of luck.

Thanks for the advice. Should I send the case there if I already have a letter from the auction site?

Jenny
    Maybe if you scan the letter from the auction site and take a picture of the case ... post them both here ... you may get a lot more interest from people on this board.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    You have a letter from the auction site but you don't know exactly which auction place he bought it from?

A picture of the case and the letter would make a world of difference here.
  • coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭
    Baseballcardexchange will charge a fee to authenticate....your easiest option is to just sell them the case directly.

They will be fair with you and are currently paying $36k

For the mini case of 1975
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming it's a 75 mini case. If it were a regular sized 75 wax case, you'd have a virtual gold mine.

But I agree with above poster. If you have the letter from the auction house, why wouldn't you know who he bought it from?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Looking forward to the seeing the case...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I sent you a pm on this case earlier
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    LOL
  • eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    The Crisser is small time--last year alone I shelled out 8 figures on sports cards--so contact me. Like your late husband I also kept my spending "hidden" from my wife. Don't PM me, best to email directly: Ihavebillionstospendonsportscards@hotmail.com. Thanks.
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is bananas!
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    Hello,

Thank you and God bless.

Jenny

Jenny, I am interested, I will call you tonight, is your number still 867-5309?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Cakes
    Hello,

Thank you and God bless.

Jenny

Jenny, I am interested, I will call you tonight, is your number still 867-5309?

I gotta admit, that was well played.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 867-5309 was good but my favorite line of this thread is: "A lot of tire kickers on this board, but I'm a player."
    Daniel
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BaltimoreYankeeimage
    The 867-5309 was good but my favorite line of this thread is: "A lot of tire kickers on this board, but I'm a player."

I know - I was rolling on that one.

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq

For the price of a dime?? Do pay phones even exist??
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jenny - here's a number you should remember - 18 U.S. Code § 1343.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
    Originally posted by: Nathaniel1960
    Jenny - here's a number you should remember - 18 U.S. Code § 1343.

Something tells me you don't believe that "she" owns a '75 case! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Sorry for not updating this sooner but I was working out a deal with potential buyer who will be coming out to inspect the case and pay cash if it's good. Don't worry I'll have my grandson and his friend here to keep me company.

I've been traveling between Philladelphia and Manhattan trying to sell the majority of the collection. If you want to come out to PA and see the case in person, I can try and schedule to viewing. I've been offered 5 figures a box for the case so will be accepting that if all goes well. I didn't realize this case was that valuable but I saw on the Steve Hart site that he would buy a box for $7,000 so I feel comfortable with this offer. Thank you all for the advice and I will let you know how it goes. I will take photos if the deal doesn't go through and ask my grandson to post them for me.

Thank you all again and God bless.
    Jenny
    The 7K a box buy price is for regular sized wax boxes, not minis. The only cases of 75 wax that have sold over the past decade through auction houses were the 75 mini cases that were sold by REA from the Conlon collection. Those boxes sell individually for about $2,500 a box (BBCE buy price is $2,200). There were two versions of wax packs produced by Topps in 1975, regular sized (which are much scarcer) and minis.

• BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Sorry for not updating this sooner but I was working out a deal with potential buyer who will be coming out to inspect the case and pay cash if it's good. Don't worry I'll have my grandson and his friend here to keep me company.

I've been traveling between Philladelphia and Manhattan trying to sell the majority of the collection. If you want to come out to PA and see the case in person, I can try and schedule to viewing. I've been offered 5 figures a box for the case so will be accepting that if all goes well. I didn't realize this case was that valuable but I saw on the Steve Hart site that he would buy a box for $7,000 so I feel comfortable with this offer. Thank you all for the advice and I will let you know how it goes. I will take photos if the deal doesn't go through and ask my grandson to post them for me.

So we only get pictures if the deal falls through? The case is keeping a low profile apparently.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the popcorn girl when you need her????

Dave
    Originally posted by: BeRoyalKC
    Sorry for not updating this sooner but I was working out a deal with potential buyer who will be coming out to inspect the case and pay cash if it's good. Don't worry I'll have my grandson and his friend here to keep me company.

So we only get pictures if the deal falls through? The case is keeping a low profile apparently.

Cut the woman/man/BBG some slack KC you know how hard it is to post a pic on the internet now days. You practically have to be a computer wiz and it's almost impossible to find a digital camera. I bet her/his/BBG's grandson probably couldn't help out either.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny how in 4 posts she's an expert on how to use this site. Name in sig line, using the quote button to reply to a post,
    knowing about the personal message function.
    And then already learning Steve at BBCE's last name when nobody mentioned it here.
    But not able to post a pic of the case?LOL.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me more about your grandson's friend. Sounds hawt.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Who exactly was worried?
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

This is in my neck of the woods. Where are you located?
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Originally posted by: Darin

Its funny how in 4 posts she's an expert on how to use this site. Name in sig line, using the quote button to reply to a post,

knowing about the personal message function.

And then already learning Steve at BBCE's last name when nobody mentioned it here.

But not able to post a pic of the case?LOL.

LMAO!!
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Who is Steve Hart?
    Originally posted by: yankeeno7

Who is Steve Hart?

He ran against Clinton in the 1992 Democratic primary..

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Originally posted by: yankeeno7
    Who is Steve Hart?

He ran against Clinton in the 1992 Democratic primary..

I remember that. Hart had to drop out because he was married but had girlfriends.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Is this the Steve Hart person "Jenny" is talking about?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. That's the dude who teamed up with Stefanie Powers to create TV's most beloved crime fighting couple.
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad she didn't stop in Atlantic City a few weeks ago traveling between Philly and Manhattan.
  • ....the ONLY thing Grandma Jenny left out that would have made this theeee PERFECT Topps Trading Trick of the century, was.... "please place small, unmarked bills in a plain paper bag to be dropped at an undisclosed location late at night where directions to the Topps Case will be left for pickup.... Thank you and God Bless" ....
  • Hey Jenny just a quick word of thanks for letting me buy those T206 cigarette unopened packs your great great grandfather bought before he went over to fight WW 1. It was worth the drive over to your place to get them. Bummer that the first 3 I opened no Wagners just Cobb, Matty, and Plank.....but let me tell you they dont make tobacco like THAT anymore whooee what a headache ! Looking forward to closing the deal on the rest of the unopened 19th century material soon. Thanks again.
  • muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    Did your husband happen to have an '88 topps case?

If so, id be interested?
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Jenny is ok............after all she did have her grandson and his friend there as muscle.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
    Is there an update?

867-5309 has been disconnected!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jenny - no!!!

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Pm sent.
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

FANTASTIC. LOL
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Originally posted by: KendallCat

Jenny - no!!!

You can still call 1-900-mix-alot and kick dem nasty thoughts.