Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Clemens and Bonds HOF collection

Comments

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Got a couple of these Bonds back today, have no idea on price just thought they were cool.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Couple of Early Clemens signatures and few from recent..85f is the only one Ive seen with the nonloop R.

• Options

Those are some awesome Clemens cards, wish that Puckett was signed. Here’s another recent pick up

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Haven't collected in over 10 years, but up to about '07 or so, I had pretty much amassed a huge Clemens collection. Not cards, but these are some of my favorite items.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

• Options

Picked up a sweet 84 fleer this week too still in the mail I can’t wait to see in person

• Options

A little Christmas bonds pack action

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    A little Christmas bonds pack action

:o:o:o

Andy

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do think you have the market cornered with rookies on top of packs! Great collection

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@rtimmer said:
    I didn't want to hijack the Clemens thread. Clemens future prospects thread but in it I said:
    "Last year both picked up about 8% of the vote and if that could be sustained it would take them 4 of their 6 years remaining to make it. With the weak '17 class and 2018-20 only having 1 first ballot shoe in per year I see it happening within 4 years. It would be much easier with 15 years but despite the rule change I think it's still a safe bet.

Speaking of which I will put my money so to speak behind this idea. I will try to build the greatest Clemens unopened pack collection out there and try to win the 1984 Fleer update and 1986 Topps Tiffany traded best registry set awards by the year they are inducted!"

Well it’s that time again to start watching the Hall of Fame tracker to see if Clemens and Bonds will make it in. Good luck to both looks like 4 years ago I predicted them making it this year :)

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    Those are some awesome Clemens cards, wish that Puckett was signed. Here’s another recent pick up

I always liked these little star sets. I have the whole Clemens set signed. I have to get them slabbed at some point this year.

• Options
    edited January 18, 2020 10:44AM

It’s a great day, my PSA order just popped I can’t wait to see my newly slabbed Clemens rookies!

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

don't have a lot of Bonds but have this auto
    2000 UD MVP
    Game Used Souvenirs Signed

• Options

That is a great bonds with magicpapa!

• Options

I just pulled these two beauties out of the box, which do you think looks better the black or the blue signature?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    I just pulled these two beauties out of the box, which do you think looks better the black or the blue signature?

I like the blue sig better, it stands out more from the design.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:

Neither. Just send them both to me, and this way you won't have a problem choosing. Problem solved. :*

Andy

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

I prefer blue but in this case, I'll go with the black for two reasons. The condition of the card is much better than the blue version and the black fits well with the black borders.

• Options

I like the blue.

• Options

Well a tough yr in the HOF voting but picked up a couple this week to cheer me up. Keep the faith HOF class of 2022.

• Options

Finally got one of these! I think the virus scare will help Clemens and Bonds make the hall.

• Options
    tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Love the pack. I wonder if you’re willing to expand on how the current environment helps their chances, I just don’t see a link?

• Options

Any luck with the coronavirus run up on all the other basketball and baseball cards that Clemens and bonds have gone up?

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tkersting said:
    Love the pack. I wonder if you’re willing to expand on how the current environment helps their chances, I just don’t see a link?

I agree. What does Coronavirus have to do with their HOF candidacy?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@tkersting said:

I agree. What does Coronavirus have to do with their HOF candidacy?

I think the coronavirus will change many of the voters minds about the importance of science and medicine as a normal part of staying healthy. We are all in this fight together and a petty grudge to keep them out of the Hall of Fame should fall by the wayside now.

• Options

Is it just me or did the prices for bonds and Clemens rookie cards triple in the last three months?

• Options

@rtimmer said:
    Is it just me or did the prices for bonds and Clemens rookie cards triple in the last three months?

@rtimmer said:

yes, they are up big lately.

• Options

These have been picking up some steam lately:

• Options

@rtimmer said:
    Have accumulated a few Clemens racks

that is incredible. how many clemens on top packs do you currently own?

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received the other day in the mail a signed Barry Bonds Pittsburgh Pirates jersey I purchased on his website. Came with a big red COA. And the hologram on the jersey is much different than the Bonds holograms you see on ebay.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, the card above is his nicest looking RC.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

A couple Labor Day Clemens pick ups:

• Options

Self submitted PSA pop day

• Options

A few more racks today.

• Options
    edited December 11, 2020 8:26PM

I know I’ve slowed down with the rise in prices but it’s time to crank it up again as we get close to Hall of Fame voting season. Here’s today’s pick up:

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Your Clemens collection is incredible. Thanks for sharing. How many of the racks were purchased over the past 3 years vs having had them in the collection for the longer term?

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

I really like your auto and pack collection. It is fun to browse through all in pics. I went down a little different road and focused on rare 90s inserts and high grade rookies. Maybe I should pick up a few autos myself though.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2020 7:45AM

@rtimmer said:
    Have accumulated a few Clemens racks

Holy crap! I have ONE '85 rack with Clemens on back and a PSA 9 '85 Cello with him on top. That rack collection is SICK lol. You going for a rack case worth of Clemens racks? :D Congrats!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

When is the HOF vote? I didn't realize it was this close. I should pull down my Bonds I have for sale.

Ryan, I'm assuming you know what Clemens' signature looked like early in his career versus later and present day. Any idea on a time frame for this?

Arthur

• Options

Ugh, that card is beat up. Let's cleanse the palette, shall we?

Arthur

• Options

@NJ80sBBC said:
    Your Clemens collection is incredible. Thanks for sharing. How many of the racks were purchased over the past 3 years vs having had them in the collection for the longer term?

John

Why thanks and to answer your question... I’d say the majority of racks maybe 60% I got in the last 3 years. I’d accumulate them to 10-20 before sending them off to BBCE then posting them here right when they came back so each of my photos was prob what I collected in the previous 4-6 months or so. Now the wax and cello packs started a lot earlier maybe 2009-14 when I’d buy every nice Ripken, Gwynn, and Bird I could find and just naturally a few Clemens and Bonds came along with my 1980’s rookie cellos PSA registry set collection.

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:
    When is the HOF vote? I didn't realize it was this close. I should pull down my Bonds I have for sale.

Ryan, I'm assuming you know what Clemens' signature looked like early in his career...

Hey Arthur, the votes must be postmarked (yes they still mail these in) by Dec 31st so right around the corner.

The “R” in your card is awesome but the split in the “S” keeps it from being a high graded auto. Very few people pay more for early sigs and I don’t know why but that’s why I spend my time looking for the known early sig cards.

• Options

Thanks for the insight, Ryan!

Arthur

• Options
    59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

Question from a "non-pack" collector: When a pack or rack pack is graded, are they grading the actual pack, the star card, or both?

• Options

@59Horsehide said:
    Question from a "non-pack" collector: When a pack or rack pack is graded, are they grading the actual pack, the star card, or both?

That’s a great question. They grade the packs and the card is virtually irrelevant unless it is grossly off-centered then they will deduct from the pack grade as well.

• Options

Made a trip to the vault this weekend so I decided to take a picture of the entire Clemens card collection:

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

a few years back, went on a stretch where i put snipes of $1002 on any 86 bonds tiffany 10s that were being auctioned off. think i accumulated 4 or 5 of them. just checked in on what this card is doing now. and hot dayum. when did this happen?

• Options

@blurryface said:
    a few years back, went on a stretch where i put snipes of $1002 on any 86 bonds tiffany 10s that were being auctioned off. think i accumulated 4 or 5 of them. just checked in on what this card is doing now. and hot dayum. when did this happen?

Yeah that’s a nice pick up those are pushing five grand these days.