Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Clemens and Bonds HOF collection

Comments

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I like the 2005 Bonds auto, let me know if you’d like to sell. Here’s the latest Clemens updates and it looks like I have 1 maybe 2 more years before they get into the hall. Hopfully 2019 doesn’t see too high of a price increase to keep collecting more items before prices take off.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    I like the 2005 Bonds auto, let me know if you’d like to sell. Here’s the latest Clemens updates and it looks like I have 1 maybe 2 more years before they get into the hall. Hopfully 2019 doesn’t see too high of a price increase to keep collecting more items before prices take off.

nice group of clemens/bonds. I have taken your advise and started gobbling up some clemens/bonds cards for myself. I have been focusing on some rare 90's inserts as well as the rookies. The clemens tiffany rookies in psa 10 have really increased of late with two sales over $5000. I also think now that the kids who grew up in the 90's wanting those cards now have solid careers and disposable income, the rare 90's stuff could be ready to sky rocket. a lot of it has gone up alot in the last few years, but i think there is still more room.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:

@rtimmer said:

nice group of clemens/bonds. I have taken your advise and started gobbling up some clemens/bonds cards for myself. I have been focusing on some rare 90's inserts as well as the rookies. The clemens tiffany rookies in psa 10 have really increased of late with two sales over $5000. I also think now that the kids who grew up in the 90's wanting those cards now have solid careers and disposable income, the rare 90's stuff could be ready to sky rocket. a lot of it has gone up alot in the last few years, but i think there is still more room.

Sounds like some cool items I’d love to see post if you get a chance please.

@rtimmer said:

@craig44 said:

@rtimmer said:

@rtimmer said:

@craig44 said:

@rtimmer said:

Here are a few. These I have had for awhile. But I have some newer ones I need to get pics of as well

Well we’re just two days away from hearing the Hall of Fame voting results. I’m sticking by my 8% gain production this year for Bonds in Clemmens, taking their totals to the mid 60s. And of course hopefully given him a shot to pick up 10 percentage points next year to make it in. Should be an exciting week!

A purple

To round out the rainbow!

I have a new addition coming soon courtesy of pwcc...

• JewVolJewVol Posts: 110 ✭✭

Alot of yall have to be multi millionaires to afford some of this stuff. Not hating. It's awesome but people casually mention having hundreds of thousand dollar cards all the time.

Ugh what a disappointing day! Clemens and Bonds finished up at 60%, not an impressive showing. Oh well had to tell if this is good or bad. Maybe good to get some more cards cheaper?

@rtimmer said:
    Ugh what a disappointing day! Clemens and Bonds finished up at 60%, not an impressive showing. Oh well had to tell if this is good or bad. Maybe good to get some more cards cheaper?

I listened to the broadcast on MLB and it may have been Costas, I cant remember now who said he had spoken to many voters who said they were "punishing" Bonds/Clemens until their last year on the ballot. true? I have no idea. but I suppose it is possible that there may be a large bump during year 10.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is like we discussed in other threads neither one is likable, both were cheaters, and despite great accomplishments by both they are seen not as great ballplayers but as players who cheated. Sad thing is both did not need to cheat to get to the HOF.

edited January 25, 2019 9:03PM

@KendallCat said:
    I think it is like we discussed in other threads neither one is likable, both were cheaters, and despite great accomplishments by both they are seen not as great ballplayers but as players who cheated. Sad thing is both did not need to cheat to get to the HOF.

I agree but think both were so outstanding in their times that they should be regarded as the best of their generation and possibly the best all time at their respective positions.

Bonds clearly surpassed Hank Aaron as an outfielder and Clemens certainly rivaled or supassed Greg Maddux who up until this week was the most agreed upon Hall of Famer in the selection voting.

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019 7:56AM

Pretty amazing Bonds and Clemens items guys. I was a huge Bonds fan from 86-92 (Pirate years only). I will only collect Bonds items when he played for the Pirates.

Here's a few of my Bonds items.

This was a game used wrist band

Bonds first hit tickets

His last regular season game & home run with Bucs (HR-176)

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

Wow game used wrist band and first hit ticket are really nice items!!

Ok bad HOF voting results let’s shake it off and go on a buying spree. They will make it!!

Some pretty decent increases on their rookie cards recently, so maybe the poor showing at the recent voting hasn’t heard them that much. I still stick by my prediction that they’ll make the Hall of Fame and that will also boost the value of their cards.

• JTPlatnumJTPlatnum Posts: 4
    edited February 8, 2019 8:39PM

@rtimmer said:

Picked up a pair of record breaking and final home run season spikes of the all time King! Can't wait for another year of voting. Good luck Barry

Are these FILAs? Can't tell the brand...would love some additional pics of these if you have any.

EDIT: NVM, just read the affidavit...they are FILAs. Any other pics would be appreciated, though.

Yes they are Filas. Here's another angle, if you can tell they are from his HR run record setting shot let me know I he not been able to find a picture with enough detail to see if these might be those shoes.

Those cleats are very impressive. Nice pick-up

• @rtimmer said:
    Yes they are Filas. Here's another angle, if you can tell they are from his HR run record setting shot let me know I he not been able to find a picture with enough detail to see if these might be those shoes.

Thanks for the pics. My cousin and his friends were actually at that game...I texted to see if he had any pics but he said they were so far away in the nosebleeds that you can't really make out any of the shoes (or players, for that matter :D ). Are you much of a shoe collector? I'd love to see more player exclusive kicks.

a few racks of the rocket

edited March 16, 2019 11:38AM

This is a fun one

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Ryan

I've really enjoyed this thread and your Bond/Clemens collection.

I'm a big fan of the SLU cards - the auto Clemens look great.

Mike
  • jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice collection of racks. Impressive Clemens/Puckett and Clemens/Hershiser combo packs!

A couple recent pickups waiting for the Hall Call another year.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful collection.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    Bonds clearly surpassed Hank Aaron as an outfielder

Hahahahahahaha

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    edited May 7, 2019 5:05PM

@JoeBanzai said:

@rtimmer said:

Hahahahahahaha

I don’t understand was that in disagreement, I thought everyone agreed Bonds was a much better outfielder? Judging by the 2 most applicable outfielder achievements to judge amongst different eras Barry Bonds won the MVP seven times and a gold glove eight times while Hank Aaron had just one MVP and only three gold gloves. While applicable too if those awards weren’t enough and stats are a better measure then Bonds fielding average was higher too.

Not only was Barry Bonds the all-time homerun hitter in less at bats than Aaron, I think his fielding is even more impressive than his homerun hitting in this relative comparison.

@rtimmer said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@rtimmer said:

Hahahahahahaha

I don’t understand was that in disagreement, I thought very one agreed Bonds was a much better outfielder? Judging by the 2 most applicable outfielder stats to judge amongst different eras Barry Bonds won the MVP seven times and a gold glove eight times while Hank Aaron had just one MVP and only three gold gloves. While applicable too if those awards weren’t enough and stats are a better measure then Bonds fielding average was higher too.

Not only was Barry Bonds the all-time homerun hitter in less at bats than Aaron, I think his fielding is even more impressive than his homerun hitting in this relative comparison.

Yes. Disagreement. Complete, total absolute disagreement.

Your two "stats" are not actually stats, the MVP has some credibility, GG not so much.

Obviously you don't give steroids the credit for Bond's achievements, so your opinion is not going to be effected by any argument I can put forward, so I won't waste my time.

Have a great day!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@rtimmer said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@rtimmer said:

Hahahahahahaha

I don’t understand was that in disagreement, I thought very one agreed Bonds was a much better outfielder? Judging by the 2 most applicable outfielder stats to judge amongst different eras Barry Bonds won the MVP seven times and a gold glove eight times while Hank Aaron had just one MVP and only three gold gloves. While applicable too if those awards weren’t enough and stats are a better measure then Bonds fielding average was higher too.

Your two "stats" are not actually stats, the MVP has some credibility, GG not so much.

Obviously you don't give steroids the credit for Bond's achievements, so your opinion is not going to be effected by any argument I can put forward, so I won't waste my time.

Have a great day!

Yes this thread was started out agnostic to the steroid suspicion, it focussed solely on predicting the Clemens and Bonds cards would go up in value and secondarily with a hope they would both make the hall of fame. I’ve invested quite a bit so far and I’m still buying nice stuff everyday that I can. I must say prices have increased nicely and I still predict they will increase thru their hall election.

@rtimmer said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@rtimmer said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@rtimmer said:

Hahahahahahaha

Have a great day!

Yes this thread was started out agnostic to the steroid suspicion, it focussed solely on predicting the Clemens and Bonds cards would go up in value and secondarily with a hope they would both make the hall of fame. I’ve invested quite a bit so far and I’m still buying nice stuff everyday that I can. I must say prices have increased nicely and I still predict they will increase thru their hall election.

Yes it started out that way, but in my opinion Bonds didn't surpass Aaron without help, so I addressed that statement.

He MIGHT have been able to do so, but when he started juicing he distorted his numbers (in my opinion) so a fair comparison cannot be made.

To address your collection, it doesn't seem to matter if certain players make the HOF or not they are highly collected. Pete Rose being the best example I can think of. Neither Bonds or Clemens failed a test and I assume they will eventually get in.

Good luck with your collection, have fun collecting!

• CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

Love me some Barry Bonds. Good stuff!

Found another good one

That is a nice hold auto. I really like the black ink.

@craig44 said:
    That is a nice hold auto. I really like the black ink.

Thanks the 9/10 combination is my best now but glad to join the 8/10’s

Your welcome, I meant BOLD auto. Stupid autocorrect.

Good clear signature I think I might add grading to

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet Rogers. Do you have any signed with inscription : AL MVP 1986?

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

@BPorter26 said:
    Sweet Rogers. Do you have any signed with inscription : AL MVP 1986?

Card no, but ball yes:

Grabbed this one to try and grade out...

edited September 17, 2019 7:19PM
  • Consider the seller, I don’t pay anything they sell any attention, I just cast it out.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball

@RookieHOFers said:
    Consider the seller, I don’t pay anything they sell any attention, I just cast it out.

Good point but no cancellation and realist so it looks like someone happily paid that price to get it. It is an awesome one of a kind item I guess.

• @rtimmer said:

@RookieHOFers said:
    Consider the seller, I don’t pay anything they sell any attention, I just cast it out.

Good point but no cancellation and realist so it looks like someone happily paid that price to get it. It is an awesome one of a kind item I guess.

When people start to truly understand the games being played in the card market, it will shock them.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball

I’ve been heavy on the Clemens side and need to pick up something interesting from Bonds now that the seasons over. Any thoughts on a good investment piece?

By the way congrats to Strausburg on the MVP win!