Slow Turnaround times

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    Day 62 has come and gone.............
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Goldbully

29 days for a Regular Submission???? Geeze Louise!!!

6 days chopped off of Regular as of today. Others reduced also.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look -- my grades just posted! ..... NOT! Just seven months late on the TrueView email from an old sub. Talk about deflated.. image

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    Oh look -- my grades just posted! ..... NOT! Just seven months late on the TrueView email from an old sub. Talk about deflated..

Not sure why you are venting this on the forum.....you should have got this squared away 6 months ago. Phil is very easy to deal with, and takes care of business in a timely fashion. I blame you for letting this happen....no offense intended.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to hand it to PCGS, they been hard at it, since the posting of slow turn arounds, they been in afterburner, got three orders posted since the thread started.

way to go!!!!
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That quarter is SWEET!
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Goldbully

Oh look -- my grades just posted! ..... NOT! Just seven months late on the TrueView email from an old sub. Talk about deflated..

Not sure why you are venting this on the forum.....you should have got this squared away 6 months ago. Phil is very easy to deal with, and takes care of business in a timely fashion. I blame you for letting this happen....no offense intended.

I think you misunderstood the intent of my post. I currently have a sub that should grade any day now, so, as you might expect, I was surprised/deflated when I found out the emails were not related to that sub.

This is an error on PCGS's part. I've already had those images downloaded the day they graded.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The compression of world tiers is pretty frustrating
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Boosibri

I imagine world turnaround times are rather volatile. They don't have enough graders for these, which is the main problem that needs solving. If they're on a world tour of PCGS offices doing grading and finalizing, then everything submitted domestically comes to a screeching halt until they get back and are able to recover from traveling.

• Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Day 28 for a 'regular' submission.... no results yet.
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the results on an economy logged in on 5-26 today. Every day is a good day with no problem grades....
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the same day they took my submission hostage. Maybe, just maybe they'll get mine done by Friday afternoon.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options

My 6/21 Regular sub is done today. All is good with the grades also.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DollarAfterDollar

That's the same day they took my submission hostage. Maybe, just maybe they'll get mine done by Friday afternoon.

My May 15th order is still sitting in Newport Beach. Getting pretty old.......
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

My May 5 logged submission (Regular) grades still haven't posted. I have called them every Friday since mid-June to get the same answer, "order is in the final stages of finalization, could be done today but in a few days for sure, don't understand why it has not been finished yet?"

Anyhow, it's Wednesday night, July 20...I will make my weekly Friday call if grades do not post this week either image
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted two medals for reholder at the Las Vegas members' show, and received them back today. Count that as 9 business days for a reholder submission, but I really like how the medals look in the two-coin holder:

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice cardinal!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Nice presentation
  • Options
    Originally posted by: CA5MAN

Are trueviews lagging behind as well? My order shipped but no image...it would be a top pop plate coin otherwise.

Normally my TrueView images post at the same time. I received notice last night one of the six that I submitted during this last order. I am fairly certain that there are many sets of hands during the imaging and posting process...they will get around to it.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Day 64....no grades.
  • Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Manorcourtman
    Day 64....no grades.

I assume that's for economy? Even then, I'd be calling them everyday.
  • Options
    Sweet duet holder, with oh so cool silver proof medals inside.

Nice submission, cardinal.
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'd expect to get any sympathy from Goldbully but US econ day #40 just came and went.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what the "days" count is but two of my submissions were received may 26th. No movement
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    Still waiting. Maybe by August........or Labor Day. Slowest service since I started submitting in 2002.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: clarkbar04

Not that I'd expect to get any sympathy from Goldbully but US econ day #40 just came and went.

• Options
    My order shipped out yesterday (Friday), two of the six TrueViews have been loaded...maybe next week.

• Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    My thoughts as a small business person, the delays show they are not hurting for profits. As such, the delays serve as a disincentive to use economy/modern. They would rather you use the quicker services.
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    That would be a great quarterly special; pay for one level of service, receive next higher level processing.

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but the slow turnaround times are having me question raw purchases to submit. It used to be fun; now it's just aggrevating. I'm now looking for slabbed coins to avoid the grief.
    I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Coppercolor
    Don't know what the "days" count is but two of my submissions were received may 26th. No movement

Grades posted Friday for one submission of two. No surprises on grades and I'm still a happy customer.

BUT!! I decided to have a little fun and look at the math behind deciding what submission level I'd use for raw coins. I turns out this length turnaround makes real changes to the turnover cycle of money "buy-grade-sell, buy-grade-sell, repeat" for raw coin purchases. And it's not the value of the raw coin it's the expected profit that drives which service makes more sense.

Economy Submission @ $20:
    It takes me about 2 months to buy and accumulate a submissoin, 2 months to grade, one month to consign -sell-get paid for a total of 5 months and about 2.5 turnover cycles per year.

Regular Submission @ $32: 2 months to buy an accumulate a submission, 1 month to grade, 1 month to consign-sell-get paid for a total of 4 months or 3 cycles per year

With this timing I'd switch to Regular submission for all coins where I can expect to profit $92 or more. That's the break even point between the two service levels FOR ME.

3(x-$32) = 2.5(x-$20)
    3x-96 = 2.5x - 50
    3x = 2.5x + 46
    0.5x = 46
    x = $92

($92-$32) x 3 = $180
    vs
    ($92-$20) x 2.5 = $180

I know this is small time stuff but that was kind of fun to actually put some math on it.

Now if I can shorten my raw purchase time to one month then the dollar level at which I'd switch from economy to regular would drop.
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    Day sixty something now. I quit checking. Just totally disgusted at this point.
  • Options
    Has anone kept up with the number of coins being graded per day over the last few months?

I'm curious if the reason they're backed up is there have been more submissions than normal or fewer coins being graded over the last couple of months. Perhaps they've lost staff?

If there have been more submissions, what's driving that? The coin hobby certainly doesn't seem to be in the midst of boom times.

• Options
    World express at 22 days now, yikes!
  • Options
    CSR told me it could be couple more weeks on my Mid-May economy order. That would be pushing 3 months!!! Wow, NOT cool!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Manorcourtman
    CSR told me it could be couple more weeks on my Mid-May economy order. That would be pushing 3 months!!! Wow, NOT cool!

You should have had it back a couple of weeks ago according to the time frame listed on the website. Did you send it inside a giant iceberg that needs to melt?
  • Options
    Something else that would be nice is that if the customer would receive some sort of correspondence (a sticky note at least) with the inquiries on their orders. I sent in some for reholdering and asked (per Stephanie at Customer Service) to have a coin looked that may have been misidentified as a MS instead of a Proof. I received the order today and there was not annotation on the holder or order form indicating that is was looked at again for a possible misidentification. I called customer service and she said that there were no additional notes indicating "no change". I asked if it would be possible to put some form of note with the reviewers comments so that the customer can see that it was actually looked at...or is it standard operating procedure to leave the customer in the dark. She stated that was the normal procedure. Pitiful...and the TrueViews have still not posted. She said if they have not posted by Monday to call back again.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real bummer is I have a few orders dropped off at the June Long Beach show that are still being processed and that I will likely not receive back in time for the ANA Show in Anaheim... so I won't have a significant number of coins that I'd like to be able to offer for sale at the biggest show of the decade in California!

If I had waited a couple of weeks and instead submitted at their recent public Friday grading event, I would have my coins at the ANA show as they advertised that if you dropped them off on public Friday, you'd get your coins back at the ANA.

Based on that, I would guess that some of our earlier orders are being set aside to meet their deadlines promised to those who submitted coins later. Bummer!!!!

... but I'll live... and I'll forgive all of course if I get the right grades back, hahaha!!!
  • Options
    I went back and looked. I had an economy order logged in on 5/16 and it shipped 6/24. There has to be more to your delayed orders than just plain old grading.
  • Options
    I also had a regular order logged in on 5/24 and it shipped 6/1. My how things have changed in a hurry!
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

I finally got my 5/5 world order on Monday 7/25, but as a nice bonus/token of appreciation I received this....

Given the limited #500 of pieces with DH signature on it, I gather this is something of value so I'm very appreciative image

• Options
    Originally posted by: mercurydimeguy

I finally got my 5/5 world order on Monday 7/25, but as a nice bonus/token of appreciation I received this....

Given the limited #500 of pieces with DH signature on it, I gather this is something of value so I'm very appreciative image

Nice one MDG! How did you acquire that medal? The last thing I saw was that 25 coins needed to be submitted.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 2 Economy orders in the system. One was 5/4 that I got back around 6/12 the other was 5/26 that they still haven't touched 61 calendar days later. What gets me pissed is that the turn around time was posted as 21 working days when it was sent, so that was just not true. The other thing that grinds my ax is the complete lack of communication. A courtesy E-Mail with actual facts articulated in it is standard for companies failing to meet a deadline. Not PCGS.

Next year, if I have submissions after May 1st, they will be going to NGC. All this time they have maintained to their posted schedule (and they have tables set up at the same coin shows).

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    I got grades posted this morning on my Regular submission they received on July 11th.
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    I know if I want it faster I just

Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that graders and other staff must be off-site at various shows (both in the U.S. and numerous Overseas Shows). As of a couple weeks ago, the PCGS statistics said they had graded over 260,000 coins in the prior 30 days. As of today, that figure is reported as 197,798. That's nearly a 25% drop in through-put!

I do believe it's not just graders off site, as one submission I'm waiting on is just a 5-coin reholder submission that doesn't need to visit the grading room at all. That one is on Day 16 now and still "in process." (The quoted turn-around time for reholder service is 5 days.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cruisersk1
    I got grades posted this morning on my Regular submission they received on July 11th.

Interesting; I have a Regular Order that was entered into the system on July 7; no grades yet. With the posted 23 day turn-around for Regular Orders I'm not expecting resunlt until August 9th.

On the other hand I also have an Economy that entered their system on June 6th. The posted turn-around time is now at 37 days; tomorrow is my 37th Business Day for this order. I can't wait to see my grades tomorrow- it's a lock, right?image
  • Options

On the other hand I also have an Economy that entered their system on June 6th. The posted turn-around time is now at 37 days; tomorrow is my 37th Business Day for this order. I can't wait to see my grades tomorrow- it's a lock, right?image

I have 2 economy orders posted June 1st still growing moss. I pray for yours only after mine are done!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file