Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Slow Turnaround times

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

Economy is down to 30 days!!!! Hurraahhhhh!

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.
  • Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@hutze1nm said:

Express is 6 (goal is 5) was reported by PCGS at 8 last year on same day
    Regular is 20 (goal is 15 as stated in submission form so this needs work) was 25 last year
    Economy is 30 (goal is 20-30) was 36 last year
    Modern is 20 (goal is 20-30) was 28 last year

Coin certs in last 30 days is up 80% over the same exact time last year. Service times are all much faster than the same time last year. world times are 8, 15, 20, 20. Only Express needs work.

So whatever issue(s) they had over the past 3+ months are resolved. Skate to where the puck will be.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

And as a bonus, when you send in a re-holder order. They re-grade them.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2016 9:24AM

PCGS is doing MUCH better in October. They'ye averaging about 15K per day tis week. In August they were averaging around 7K per day. Profits should be up- time to buy stock!

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

My standard sub from 8/25 has shipped.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll wait until tomorrow to post an update for my conservation / guaranteed resubmission, since it's going to be an exciting milestone.

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:

@hutze1nm said:

Regular is 20 (goal is 15 as stated in submission form so this needs work) was 25 last year

Coin certs in last 30 days is up 80% over the same exact time last year. Service times are all much faster than the same time last year. world times are 8, 15, 20, 20. Only Express needs work.

So whatever issue(s) they had over the past 3+ months are resolved. Skate to where the puck will be.

So if last year was "Slower" then where was this thread last year? Oh that's right, it wasn't around, because it's much slower this year than last year. It does not matter what is listed on the home page, only how long it "Actually" takes.

• Options

@jtlee321 said:

@dbtunr said:

@hutze1nm said:

So if last year was "Slower" then where was this thread last year? Oh that's right, it wasn't around, because it's much slower this year than last year. It does not matter what is listed on the home page, only how long it "Actually" takes.

for a fact it WAS slower for 3+ months, but now for a fact it is not. Unless you have submitted dozens of orders every day for the last 30-40 days and can verify that it is slower, you have nothing other than anecdotal evidence. I believe what the company posts on their stats page. It has been spot on for years and years. They have been churning through huge amounts of coins every day for the past 30+ days. It started with the last week in September which I thought was a push to meet quarterly numbers but has continued unabated every day this month as well. It is as if a light switch went off and something changed.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2016 11:37AM

How many coins did you submit over the last year? Or are you using anecdotal evidence as a means of nullifying what you yourself are calling anecdotal evidence? I am sure Justin has been submitting coins all the while, as I and may of the posters here have. Disagree with my previous post all you want but it was running like clockwork, 15 reg, 20 econ, or even quicker. I once got economy grades a day after my regular grades, just this past January.

Why do you get so defensive?

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad they're finally starting to get it together. Now keep up the better performance and don't let it happen again.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options

@clarkbar04 said:
    How many coins did you submit over the last year? Or are you using anecdotal evidence as a means of nullifying what you yourself are calling anecdotal evidence? I am sure Justin has been submitting coins all the while, as I and may of the posters here have.

Why do you get so defensive?

Your premise that I am wrong is that a publically traded company, under SEC disclosure rules, is dispensing false and misleading information. If you are right then there is a serious scandal in the making. People will be indicted and there will be jail sentences, heavy fines, job loss, etc. The scandal would be so large that they in fact would not survive as a going concern.

My premise is that they are telling the truth.

which thesis is more probable?

would you rather they not have a stats page and tell you what their weekly latest estimates are?

• Options

As far as we know, he does not submit coins for grading or even own any. It does not matter what results you have experienced as he still knows better than anyone else.

• Options

This disclosure really sounds like turnaround times are legally binding numbers that the SEC is going to come after you for if they are not correct.

The turnaround times stated above are the previous week’s average for each service level indicated. These times are estimated, as turnaround times always vary. Certain tokens and medals may require additional research, and turnaround times can fluctuate based on the amount of research required. Times listed are in business days. Turnaround times may fluctuate based on many factors.

• Options

what would you estimate in aggregate that the posters on this board contribute towards all of the coins submitted to the company worldwide? I would guess wondercoin as the largest unit submitter

FYI - I have a nice 5 figure coin collection. a date run of Morgans in 65 and I have a date run of CBH's. some were bought from board members. I sold off bullion and gold double eagles on the BST to board members as well when gold was near its peak a few years back.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year at this time I had:

Regular-8 days
    Regular-8 Days
    Regular-10 days
    Economy-8 Days
    Economy-19 Days

That is fact not non submitter fiction.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

My most recent submissions are getting better:

Regular-15 Days
    Regular-15 Days
    Express-6 Days
    Economy-27 Days

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

Second submission under Modern level back in the mail to me after 7 calendar days. I marked my package as "CLUB" as reccomended by PCGS which resulted in 6 day Regular and 7 day Modern turn arounds.
    Are other Collector Club members getting similar speedy results or was I just lucky?

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:
    Just picked up these yesterday with a friend of mine... maybe now these are out of the way, PCGS turnaround times will pick back up :wink:

Looks like you hit your trailer once? That's a lot of box's of 20. :#

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Type2 that's my friend's Fiat and he sure does beat the hell out of it! Haha!!
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

I have a roosie in regular service since mid July. Should I call the dealer or are times this slow?

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file