Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

something wrong with my PM

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
I sent an PM to a member that they got, when they responded I got the email that I have a PM, but when I went to the PCGS forum it does not show the PM?

What is up with that?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    It's possible they replied to your email, and did not use the forums to reply.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what I have been doing with PM's and it seems to be confusing people. So much easier to use email vs. signing into to the forums on my phone or iPad.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I entered a cert. # of a coin I submitted and it doesn't show up in the database. That doesn't bode well for my business, nor meet my stringent standards of representation without verification.

So , I'm pissed off. Who cares ? Apparently nobody. image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had that happen and I have had multiple emails... you might PM the person again..

if it happens again, notify the admin. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lunytune2lunytune2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I am liking the email . A lot easier to send pictures to other members.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have many, many PM problems.

I apologize to members who have PM'd me and have gotten no answers from me. I have tried to contact you, but I have gotten unintelligible error messages with numbers on them that mean nothing to me. I have sent messages that never got there. I had one member send me an email that is yet to arrive. These problems should not exist.

I am sorry PCGS, but this new software you have saddled us with makes me very sad. image

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a geek. image I was thinking PM (precious metal) , again.

Acronyms image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: lunytune2

In what sense is that true? I had no problems sending pictures in PMs before. This baffles me completely. Forget the pictures; I have not been able to respond to messages at all in many cases.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be the minority as I have had really no problems with the new software after the basic bugs were worked out.
  • Options
    I have not had problems , but it is difficult to navigate. And try looking up an old conversation and replying that way , good luck figuring that one out !
  • Options
    I cannot send photos by PM since the changes.
    Avid Collector of Early US Type Coins.
  • Options
    I've had situations where I have looked at an email and decided to answer it later. I've tried to pull it up again, and have been unable to get it back. I've been able to retrieved other messages, taken the time to write a long response and have gotten an error code to told everything I had written was lost. This system is more difficult to use, sometimes unresponsive and just plain frustrating. My computer worked very well on the old system.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SeatedHalf1839

+1 image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: coindeuce
    Originally posted by: SeatedHalf1839

+1 image

+2image

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the personal e-mail back and forth following the initial PM....but it is a switch for sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BillJones
    Originally posted by: lunytune2

In what sense is that true? I had no problems sending pictures in PMs before. This baffles me completely. Forget the pictures; I have not been able to respond to messages at all in many cases.

I have had on and off PM sending issues also. Why I said pictures are easier is because I do not need to go through the extra step of photobucket .. that is a pain .
  • Options
    Also , I can reply to a message via Ipad , but won't work on the laptop.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent a PM....twice and it doesn't show that I sent it. hmmm

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes my PMs show on the summary page and sometimes they don't. It might takes days for them to show up. Today I tried to reply to a pair of PMs I just received. Couldn't reply to either. The system just ignored me. Maybe tomorrow it will be working. Some days things work...and other days they don't.

This is the first time I can recall not being able to reply to a PM. But this new system is constantly giving me new "firsts."
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the switch board lady is still on vacation.

Leo image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there one PCGS employee that is charged with responding to these oft-mentioned glitches?.....seems like PCGS would assign one point person to trouble shoot these things....yet that doesn't seem to be happening?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BillJones

I've had situations where I have looked at an email and decided to answer it later. I've tried to pull it up again, and have been unable to get it back. I've been able to retrieved other messages, taken the time to write a long response and have gotten an error code to told everything I had written was lost. This system is more difficult to use, sometimes unresponsive and just plain frustrating. My computer worked very well on the old system.

If you type anything of length here, right click and copy it FIRST before you do anything else with it.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SeattleSlammer

Is there one PCGS employee that is charged with responding to these oft-mentioned glitches?.....seems like PCGS would assign one point person to trouble shoot these things....yet that doesn't seem to be happening?

I've been told on more than occasion that these glitches need to be fixed by the software supplier/vendor.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file