Home U.S. Coin Forum

Roll Call Poll - How long have you posted here?

The recent "participation" thread garnered over 150 responses.
So are there 150 people here, of 50 who responded three times?

Comments

• pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I have been here a while. Looks like I am coming up on 8 years in March. McGicker has most post than me and he did it in 3 months. lol
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • TomBTomB Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the 1990s, which would be at least two major board revisions and several minor board revisions ago.image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Same as TomB. image
  • Since 2006...

US & Darkside

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since just a tiny bit before 9/11.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5.5 years and I have not replied to the "Sky is Falling" thread...yet.

Edit: I've been a member on eBay since October 2000 though. imageimage
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

The recent "participation" thread garnered over 150 responses.

So are there 150 people here, of 50 who responded three times?

Some of those participants posted more than once to the thread you are referring to so you really draw that conclusion. I've been here over 10 years and I've seen a lot of forum members come and go for various reasons.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda "newbie" around these parts. Been collecting for 35+ years.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little bit.
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that what the "joined" date is for?
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 1997 and the Old, OLD Boards!
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8.5 years
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gonzer

I think he's trying to establish a spread or curve from new to old members.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gonzer

The "joined" date only goes back to the major board revision from late February, 2001. Prior to that date we used an extremely slow, no bells-and-whistles board and then had a few days to all migrate to the then-new board. During the migration we lost all of our posting history and could choose to re-register with our previous board names or to choose new names. Most chose to stick with their previous board names, but not all did (as an example, kokimoki became BRdude). The two boards were not linked on a database and after a while PCGS stopped supporting (as far as I know) an archive of the older boards. Therefore, no "joined" date will be earlier than late February, 2001 even if a member was registered and active in the 1990s.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Still here, not actively posting though.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have visited the ancient pre-February 2001 boards as a lurker once or twice.

I was in fact a very part time lurker here before this current incarnation.

My eBay history goes back before the turn of the millennium, if only just.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a collector of something. Started with coins and currency in early 2007.

Found PCGS and their forum shortly thereafter. Been hanging out since.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a newbie, only 8.5 yrs.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 yrs and active. I don't always post everyday, but do read several threads daily
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined eBay in October of 1998, and the boards in April of 2003, just after receiving back my first batch of PCGS graded coins. It was longtime member Conder101 who convinced me eBay was the best place to find coins for my clipped Lincoln set, and another longtime poster, K6AZ, who submitted my coins to PCGS and then encouraged me to join here.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomB summed it up nicely.... February 2001 was a major revision and required personal

migration or members were dropped. We lost all history with that revision. Members with the

Feb/2001 'join' date were the 'first responders' to the new board (now the old board).

Cheers, RickO
  • bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 2009. I prefer to read here more than post.
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    I started in the late 1990's with Coin Universe and then became a February, 2001 charter member of the new board. I was able to acquire the "Steve" name which I am sure many others would like to have. Steveimage
  • duck620duck620 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭
    March,2016 will be 10yrs. As most of you can see,Im more of a reader than poster..................Enjoy the Forum very much.
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been here a while with some breaks now and then...now I log in about once or twice a week, not every day like I used to. Busy with other stuff like youth sports etc. these days!

K
    ANA LM
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since just a tiny bit after 9/11/01

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Quite a while, though not as long as some.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 9 years. I wish I had found this site years earlier, it would have helped me avoid some costly mistakes.
    Trade $'s
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started on the old boards in 1999.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Feb.2012 almost 4 years! Does anyone know who was the first few? Esp. thee first (not counting employees)?image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did respond three times to that thread, but only because it needed more coin!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not quite 6 years.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never lurked so that's the right date.

Still can't use the arrow key in a post or I would just of made a arrow to the date joined.

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years and counting as a registered user, but lurked for a good couple of years before that.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • NapNap Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I registered in 2002 but I think I was lurking for a few years before that. As you can see, I don't post that much
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Almost 1 1/2 years and it went by so quick.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh my, 5 year anni coming up. yikes!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben logged on since 2007. Hope I never have to log on again.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone hijacked my account years ago. I never know what he's going to type.

HE>I

• For a little while image
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still here every day.

Joined in 2011 but have lurked since around 2005.

Been a coin collector for much, much longer.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    11+ for me...
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13++. I'd have been here sooner but didn't own my own home PC until early 2002. I found the CU Forum a short time later.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 2003.

Gee . . .I need to get a life! A late-middle aged guy collecting not only coins but the holders that go around the ones that are 'special'.

If my friends knew I had become such a nerd . .

Drunner

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    Since 2013 for me. Lurking since probably 2009/2010ish. Still do a lot more lurking than posting......

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• I have been lurking here for many years. Rarely do I comment on topics posted, but rather my preference has been to learn as much as I can to gain practical knowledge.

• RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the beginning.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a year and a half or so.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bamorgan
    I have been lurking here for many years. Rarely do I comment on topics posted, but rather my preference has been to learn as much as I can to gain practical knowledge.

Whoa - slow down.
    You went from 9 posts to 11 just now.
    That's almost 2 years of posting in less than an hour. image
  • NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I've been lurking here since '99 and decided to join in mid 2000.

I only posted here for a very short time then took a long break from the hobby.

Came back in 2013, forgot my login p*****word and decided to open a different account with different forum handle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file