• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Streeter, OPA?

This forum is so FUBAR anymore. Lol
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Streeter, OPA?

This forum is so FUBAR anymore. Lol >>

Honestly, it's all about the same. Both seem to chirp the same way at the exact same time. But my apologies to OPA on any confusion on my part. I went back and corrected it.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whizzbang..............I like it!!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streeter is Streeter. Have a business. Have employees. Don't crave approval. Don't post 24/7 or by the word.
    Have money in the bank. Not on the forum 24 hrs a day.
    Have a nice day

<< <i>Streeter is Streeter. Have a business. Have employees. Don't crave approval. Don't post 24/7 or by the word.
    Have money in the bank. Not on the forum 24 hrs a day. >>

Streeter is nonetheless very mistaken or a liar concerning his post on me. He dropped a bomb and ran from it. Cowardly if you ask me. And still won't own up to it. Gives some crap reasoning above. And I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Streeter had an alt. Don't care if you own a business, or crave approval or if your employees love you or hate you. Streeter is what Streeter is. When I was working 10 hour days and driving 1 hour each way for much of the 2002-2008 period, I still found time to review and post here for a min of 1 hr per day. It made a for long day. Didn't hide behind my work or my 38 employees or my money in the bank....lol.

RR,
    You need to seek therapy.
    Have a nice day
    Streeter, you and your compatriots need to not be trolls. No amount of therapy on anyone's part will fix that. image

If you plant bombs with "a wink" and slink away.....expect to get a nuke back. Strategic deterrence. The fiat trolls have ground this forum down to a pulp the past couple of years. I knew it would happen....we were warned.

You're funny. Just not ha ha funny.
    I just quickly scrolled this thread...you edit EVERY POST by minutes or hours. Except when you describe your morning porridge.

Who knows what you originally posted? Nothing is the same on your posts. Go count them Brian. No wonder you can't search your original content.

Now take a breath and take a vacation.
    Have a nice day
    It doesn't really matter whether I edit as long as the time period I refer to doesn't change. So what if I have to be 100% accurate in verbage, punctuation, and market/TA facts. I've been a perfectionist for decades.l...always going back to fix something or adjust something at work if I didn't do it just right the first time. I don't know how many times I've laid down a post here with a specific date and gold, silver, or stock price and found out later I was off by $5 in gold or maybe 1 day on the market. Sorry, I cannot memorize 100 years of PM history...I have to go back sometimes and recheck source material....and an edit will come if my number wasn't dead on. Doesn't matter if no one else knows....I do. And I'll fix it....most every time. Fwiw, your one liner posts with a happy face don't take any thought or analysis. So I'm no surprised you never have anything to edit....neither would a 5th grader in that situation. My posts are routinely 200-1000 words long....edits are gonna come. Get the rough draft down 90-95% correct, then fix it....or add some thoughts that didn't come to mind when you first posted. That happens a lot. I also say things the first or second time around that I regret saying. I will change those too. I'll be looking for insightful Streeter posts in the future....more than 30 words followed by a wink or laughing face.

The reality of your post is unchanged. It just stunk. And you deserve what you got. You made a claim based on ZERO facts or information. You didn't even look back. You just made it up....and posted one of your happy faces. It's cowardly. Do you appreciate your employees at work saying "Streeter said this, and Streeter did that" when you did no such thing....and it makes you look like a baffoon to others, especially if you worked your nuts off to come up with something that benefited your employees. I wouldn't take kindly to that either. You'd read them the riot act...or fire them if it continued. In fact my GSR analysis 2 weeks ago was dead nuts on. The post you referred to where I was supposedly wrong on GSR is below. The time difference between first posting (Aug 10th 7:47 am) and final edit (August 10th 9:01 am) is irrelevant to the analysis and your claims today. It shows you to be someone who just posts to annoy, or to ridicule others without bringing anything of substance to the table. Do you ever bring anything useful here except scorn? I hope you don't manage your "business" like that. I'll put up my inputs to the Forum over the past 13 years (Collector side and PM side) vs. yours any day of the week. I can take being criticized when I screw up or just post something that's wrong or someone has a legitimate different view of things and proves it. But, no one appreciates being told they screwed up when in fact they got it 100% right....especially from someone who rarely contributes analysis in that same arena. Let me know when your first technical post on GSR is coming.....lol.

Monday August 10, 2015 7:47 AM

Subscribe to this thread Email this thread to someone User is online Send user a private message View thread in raw text format

Unboom? Looking better that the extreme bearish negative sentiment on July 19/20th and 23rd coincides with a potential summer bottom. 4th time at $1106 is a charm.

GSR busts the 200 dma.

-------------------------
    LSCC since 1974-MajorMarketMovements -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Edited: Monday August 10, 2015 at 9:01 AM by roadrunner
    And yes, I will continue to edit most every post I do. Live with it. My high school and college teachers drilled that old school quest for perfection into me. And if you ever discover that I purposely switched times to conceal a screw up....call me on it. You might be waiting a l--o--n--g time. Admiral Rickover didn't teach me to be that kind of person. I'll even donate $100 to your favorite charity on your first discovery (just not the Streeter charity....lol). Starts tomorrow. Good luck with your quest.

So far, I haven't edited the previous post....also haven't done a final (4th or 5th) proof read on it.

Edited this post for punctuation....deal with it Streeter. Oh my gosh.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I knew it would happen....we were warned. >>

Anyone else want to comment on this awesome cohesion of two members signatures? Brilliant RR.

Very funny as they have very different viewpoints on almost everything investment related.

Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>

<< <i>I knew it would happen....we were warned. >>

Anyone else want to comment on this awesome cohesion of two members signatures? Brilliant RR.

Very funny as they have very different viewpoints on almost everything investment related.

image >>

I think we are finally becoming one. There must be a Hallmark card for this.

I think its the "death cross". Eventually you will become a perma pm bull and Jmski will become the perma equity bull. image

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>You're funny. Just not ha ha funny. >>

Seriously, I am ha-ha funny too. Could have written professionally in comedy. Satire and cynicism run deep in me. What, you couldn't tell? I always keep the family laughing hard on holiday gatherings. It began at age 8.

And so what if I change my posts? It's always to improve/correct the content, never to adulterate it. What I've said is what I've said. If the original content is no longer there....then you go by what's posted. That's what I said. How hard is that to understand? And if YOU read it, then YOU would know exactly what I said. And IF I went back and changed it even the tiniest bit to cover up huge mistakes (like a major league incorrect forecast)....then YOU guys would crucify me. As it is, you crucify me for editing my posts. I can deal with that. But the content doesn't change, it only expands or gets more edgy. Sometimes, I'll delete the entire post shortly after writing it if went TOO far. Some battles I decide not to take on....at least on that night. But, my limits are usually pretty wide.

No one here has ever found me editing an older post to conceal an incorrect forecast and then claim otherwise. Cohodk and his Team of "merry men" would sniff out that kind of carp in a heartbeat....as I would for them. But, keep harping on BS like editing to "add content" because that's all it is.
    GSR today 79.53
    Have a nice day
    C'mon silver you can do it. Break $14 and head down to $10 image

<< <i>GSR today 79.53 >>

Actually touched 80 on GLD/SLV which I consider more important. A couple of key 3-4 month rising trend lines hit today...including an exp wedge that completed. 3 days above the BB's following a parabolic move ....or possibly a fresh breakout out of the Nov-August consolidation. Could just as easily be a final B wave corrective bounce. I have my thoughts on which is the most likely.

1. Edited to add: GSR seems to be blasting up here in unison with the US dollar bounce. When the US dollar stops this rebound........??? Thought that was a worthy point to include...in this post. image

2. Edited to add: What's Streeter's forecast for GSR in the next 30-60 days? Or next 1-2 years? I know you can report the level it's at each day.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is Streeter, OPA?

This forum is so FUBAR anymore. Lol >>

Honestly, it's all about the same. Both seem to chirp the same way at the exact same time. But my apologies to OPA on any confusion on my part. I went back and corrected it. >>

Apologies accepted, not sure over what.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    The Streeter is not issuing a forecast at this time and is likewise sitting on the sidelines with respect to ag & au.

But, I do believe in the not too distant future that there will be a lot of involuntary disposal of gold to pay obligations and/or meet margin calls.

That will perk me up.
    Have a nice day
    GSR today 79.53

Are you tellin' me that my purchase of AGEs this week was a good move? Hey, you win a few!image

Someday, I'm going to re-read this thread and try to figure out what's been said.

I knew it would happen.
    Jmski, I high GSR usually favors silver over gold.

Anyway, someone should post a weekly chart of the GSR and connect the peaks since Sept 2011. image

JM,

Ahem- image

Anyway enjoy your AU.
    Have a nice day
    high GSR usually favors silver over gold

Yes, that's my understanding from a purely technical standpoint with the ratio taken in isolation from the macroeconomic considerations.

I see silver and platinum as proxies for anticipated economic activity, and I don't necessarily see an economic boom on the immediate horizon.

I see gold as a hedge against mass stupidity, and we're seeing an overabundance of mass stupidity these days. Hence, the rising GSR.

They tend to buffer each other within the universe of precious metals alternatives, which is why I like a balance of the three.

I'm sure that a high or rising GSR means something different when the metals are rising than it does when the metals are falling, and likewise for a low or falling GSR. I'll do the correlations when I need the info, but I'm not really in a trading mode so it's peripheral to me at this point.

I'll take roadrunner's analytical abilities and historical perspective any day of the week. Furthermore, I see no agenda in roadrunner's posts.

We're in a world of deep doo-doo, and few people bother to worry about the ramifications of extremely irresponsible management at the top, and the collusion between the MIC, big banks & the 554 morons & shills at the federal level, not to mention the bloated federal bureaucracy that's sucking money as hard as ever. To discount this stuff belies an agenda.

The stock market crashed hard in 1929, but it also rallied and crashed hard several other times during the Great Depression. This time, we've got ourselves dug into a financial hole worse than any other time in history. So has just about every other country. I think that's a problem. I don't think it can be managed successfully without a complete multisystem breakdown.

But that's just my opinion.

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>Jmski, I high GSR usually favors silver over gold.

Anyway, someone should post a weekly chart of the GSR and connect the peaks since Sept 2011. image >>

The "usually" part is the issue. The answer is "not always." 1999-2003 saw GSR rise from 38 to 83. Gold went up 53% while silver went down a bit in price (ie it followed the stock market/recession more than gold). That was around 3 years of "non-conforming" GSR. The 6 and 12 year patterns in GSR are even more interesting. I discussed the 35 year GSR chart here a number of years back. Draw a line towards today from the 1991 peak and/or 1998 low. Hmmm.

Just like the previous low in GSR, it only took 3 days beyond the Bollinger Bands to pull price back inside today. Dollar making it to 96.03 is awfully close to the 96.25 level where many multi-week lines of resistance meet. The dollar has helped the GSR so far. Might be more challenging now.

I got a kick out of Bloomberg today with a small headline that Mexico's oil derivatives contributed to oil's recent slide from 60's to 30's....exactly how much they didn't quite say. Would not be surprised if JPM was on the other side of those bets. $4 TRILL in commodity derivatives can go a long ways in "steering " markets in a particular direction.

Edited to add this GSR 5, 10, 20, 40 year chart link.....can't forget the link, lol. 2 min later. Now no one knows what I really said above.....lol. Edit - this is the wrong link.

This is the correct GSR link - another worthy edit...edited again...wrong link. The above one is an oil deriv's article. This is really GSR. Hope the "edit police" don't gig me as I found this 40 minutes later.

3rd Edit - Oops. Just rechecked the 30 year GSR chart and the start date of the 38 to 83 rise was from 1998-2003. But I won't change above. Haven't looked at this chart in several years. Thought it was 1999. You don't need edits with a 25 character post with zero analysis.
    The article you link says oversupply is the reason oil is low and will stay low. Nothing in that article says derivatives drove the price lower.

BTW --I think someone on this forum has been quite adamant about oil being low for quit some time into the future. Thanks for confirmation.

<< <i>The article you link says oversupply is the reason oil is low and will stay low. Nothing in that article says derivatives drove the price lower.

BTW --I think someone on this forum has been quite adamant about oil being low for quit some time into the future. Thanks for confirmation. >>

But the so-called "no count" derivatives is right in the headline. Why is that? Why was it a major lead in today on Bloomberg (ie Mexico oil and derivatives). I already brought up the $4 TRILL in JPM derivs back in early July. And if anything gave confirmation that the crap would probably be flying in commodities until that wound down. Interesting that you didn't give me credit for that information back in July (ie confirming the likelihood of extended low oil and commod prices) but instead, blew it off as always as another one of those "conspiracy/derivatives" posts. Nice to see you agree with me now and give the credit. Better late than never. image

There's a typo in your post. But don't change it for fear of a visit by the Edit Police. I'd have fixed that....and been gigged for my efforts. image
    I remember the silver bulls touting the GSR going to the "historical" norm of 16 or 20. As it dropped into the 30s they were quite the cheerleader. Now at 80, must feel especially painful.

Jmski, if GSR were to reach an all time high of about 100, would you then sell gold to buy silver? What if that meant gold was 1000 and silver was 10. Would you take a loss on gold and convert to silver?

Bloomberg article from today

There's the actual Booberg article. I didn't find it the first time through and linked the other one above. The only point I trying to make is that someone in your circle of trust (ie major financial media) is making that oil and derivative's link. Not me. I didn't even read the Boomberg article. Just posted it for the headline. That's all that matters for my analysis. $4 TRILL JPM derivs is the other half.

Mexico accelerated global oil slump through derivative deals

Isn't that how the 2007-2009 financial crisis picked up speed? Failing derivatives? Not my headline either. Just reporting what I see. Apparently, there are those in mainstream that see it too.
    Because you don't understand how derivatives are used. You can only grasp your head around them being some tool of the banksters to fleece the world.

You don't understand that XOM and CVX and BP and RDS are bigger players in derivatives than any of the banks. You don't want to hear of it. So why should I bother with such closemindedness?

Everything is some sort of manipulative conspiracy in your world. I think differently so we'll just have to leave it at that. I am just as convinced that JPM did not drive oil lower as you think the did. So what is there to fight over?

<< <i>I remember the silver bulls touting the GSR going to the "historical" norm of 16 or 20. As it dropped into the 30s they were quite the cheerleader. Now at 80, must feel especially painful.
    >>

And now you have the silver bears anticipating 90-110 on the GSR. Is that going to happen? It could if Citi & Co. continue loading up the otc silver derivatives as JPM did in mid-2008. Markets can remain rigged longer than most can remain solvent. Was just reading a report yesterday that got little air play around here. In November 2014 UBS settled with regulators on their claim of gold and silver market manipulation. In accepting the "deal" UBS didn't have to admit to a crime. I think they got a 1% fine or something. And that followed on the heels of 6 major world banks admitted to currency rigging. Maybe it's just me, but if UBS was officially caught with their hands in the silver till. Do you think JPM, GS, Citi, Duetsche, Scotia, etc. aren't doing the same....just not caught or pleaded out yet? And if they are GSR can go in directions opposite to true market dynamics (ie market crime-anics)
    That article explains it quite clearly. Mexico thinks oil will stay low for at least a year and wanted to sell as much as it possibly could though the next year. Mexico drove down the price, not JPM.

<< <i>Because you don't understand how derivatives are used. You can only grasp your head around them being some tool of the banksters to fleece the world.

You don't understand that XOM and CVX and BP and RDS are bigger players in derivatives than any of the banks. You don't want to hear of it. So why should I bother with such closemindedness?

Everything is some sort of manipulative conspiracy in your world. I think differently so we'll just have to leave it at that. I am just as convinced that JPM did not drive oil lower as you think the did. So what is there to fight over? >>

Ohh, please instruct us on "how" otc derivatives are used. This should be a good one. Sure, tell me that XOM, CVX, BP, etc. are bigger players in precious metal derivatives than the top dozen world banks. That's almost ludicrous. Let's see. The OCC reports show 6 big banks with $200 TRILL in otc derivatives. So if your oil players are bigger derivative threats, then the otc derivative markets are at least 2X bigger than what the banks report. Holy crap. Now it's $2 QUAD rather than $1 QUAD casino.

The FED/ibig banks can print money and create their own debt-money. Last I knew, XOM cannot do that. If they can, then we are further down the rabbit hole than I ever imagined. Thanks for bringing this even bigger mess to our attention. Yes, the big banks have to report $4 TRILL in otc commodity derivatives, but the oil players who you say are even bigger players, do not have to report anything. What's wrong with this picture? Either way you look at it, we're screwed if the biggest US corporations besides the banks are playing with derivs in the $100's of TRILLIONs.

Please stop using the "C" word. It offends my sensibilities...lol. You are the only one around here the prints it regularly. JPM drove commodity prices lower. If you don't believe that, then the alternative is JPM took $4 TRILL in commodity "long" bets on during 1st QTR of 2015 as is losing their behinds on those bets. They could be bankrupt right now. It's one or the other. Either they pushed prices down (and won big) or they pushed commodities lower and lost big. Banks don't like to lose big when the FED and US govt back stops them. So I know which one it should be. Now prove your point on how they are sitting on hundreds of BILLIONs in losses....and yet reporting a profitable derivative's trading account every quarter. About this point you normally say all derivatives will net out to zero....just like in the futures market. Thing is, we already lived through 2008 and that did NOT happen.

<< <i>That article explains it quite clearly. Mexico thinks oil will stay low for at least a year and wanted to sell as much as it possibly could though the next year. Mexico drove down the price, not JPM. >>

You keep saying derivatives as reported by the OCC in hundreds of $TRILLs is a "no -count" market side show. ....and that 2008 didn't happen because of deriv failures. But now you're saying derivs took down the oil price in 2015. So now you agree with me on the huge effect derivatives can have on all markets. I guess they don't net out. image

Derivatives count. Which has been my point all along since September 2002. Glad you're finally on board. We'll have to wait until the October OCC report to see how JPM did on their commod derivatives. Then we'll see which side they were on. I don't think we're going to see a LOSS. Could be that Mexico was wrong and they had their derivative's with another counter party. I'm more interested in what JPM is doing as anyone that increases a world market 17X in one quarter all by themselves, well that's a concern to put it mildly. Can you conjecture why JPM increased their commod derivs 17X (4X higher than the all time record)? I think you'll remain mum as always. You never answer tough questions like this. It doesn't appear you even think it's unusual. Maybe Streeter can tell us? I'm just a know-nothing J6P who wants to know some details on what their country's major players are doing and why. We're all connected to them after all. Did any other world market increase derivs 17X in 1st QTR 2015? Or even 2X? I doubt it. Did any single factor in any world market change 17X in 2015? Anything? Bueller? Bueller? I'll even settle for Jeff Spicoli?

5 minutes is the internet edit time limit for most sites. Anything over that here is questionable image

Be thankful I am not concerned with poor high school grammer image
    Have a nice day
    Good God RR you think I have the time or interest in analyzing JPM?
    It's 106f today and I'm just drinking Coors and trying to stay alive.

Have a nice day

<< <i>5 minutes is the internet edit time limit for most sites. Anything over that here is questionable image

Be thankful I am not concerned with poor high school grammer image >>

No doubt you and Spicoli spent 5 minutes doing your term papers and other "analysis" in high school. Edits don't exist in that world. Your posts of 30 characters, zero analytics, and a laughing head is no way to go through the world. Sad really. Sorry if me spending lots of time analyzing market patterns and historical trends is a sore spot with you. Can't be done in 5 minutes. And edits will occur. And I will keep you informed of them. image

<< <i>Good God RR you think I have the time or interest in analyzing JPM?
    It's 106f today and I'm just drinking Coors and trying to stay alive. >>

Then why the heck are you even here? Go back to the funny face forum if that's your speed. No one forces you to come here. Yet you do. And when you do, it's mostly in criticism without counter analysis of any form. I get the shtick. Contribute something other than your laughing head. It's that simple. Look back at all the inputs into this thread....then see what you've contributed. Look at the title of the thread before you reply. Expand your horizons a bit. That can be done even when it's 106 F. You have air conditioning don't you? I don't. Doesn't matter. Worked in boiler houses for 19 years. 106 F would have been "cool" in those rooms in the summer time....lol.

If it wasn't for JPM in 2002 I'd have never known about the mess the derivative's markets were going to become. And at that time I was sure PMs and rare coins were going to do very well in the coming 5-10 years. They did.

Thank you JPM! Oh, and that's how I came here to the forum in early 2002. But you know what, no one but a few cared about JPM and their derivatives until 2008. By then, it was too late for many. You heard if from me and others first. I knew the housing market was soon to be toast in 2004-2005, because of derivatives. Thank you again JPM. And fwiw, you're still hearing about JPM and derivs from me because it's not fixed, not in the least.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such passion & fervor in this thread, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    RR I'll bet you're a lot of fun at a party.

BTW, I worked in commercial brokerage for 20 years. I've seen more and wish to forget more than you'll ever know.

Keep your bravo sierra insults to yourself.

Have a nice day
    now you're saying derivs took down the oil price in 2015

No, I didn't say that at all. Mexico wanted to sell a years worth of oil. Since that oil is still in the ground they have to sell a proxy for oil. So they sold derivatives. The act of selling by Mexico (among other supply side shocks), drove the price lower.

bout this point you normally say all derivatives will net out to zero....just like in the futures market. Thing is, we already lived through 2008 and that did NOT happen.

You say derivatives will knock us into the stone age. I say they will get torn up before that happens. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But, truthfully, I have zero concern about the stone age.

Jmski, if GSR were to reach an all time high of about 100, would you then sell gold to buy silver? What if that meant gold was 1000 and silver was 10. Would you take a loss on gold and convert to silver?

No, I'm not in the market to make money on trading. No, why would I argue with what the market is telling me at that moment? If GSR were 100 and that being historically high, I might favor a silver purchase if I were in a buying mode, or I might favor selling gold if I were in a selling mode.

Those would only be one consideration, the other considerations being my current ratios of each metal and my current ratios of premium metal to straight bullion metal, and my cash position.

Why do you ask?

I knew it would happen.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>bout this point you normally say all derivatives will net out to zero....just like in the futures market. Thing is, we already lived through 2008 and that did NOT happen.

You say derivatives will knock us into the stone age. I say they will get torn up before that happens. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But, truthfully, I have zero concern about the stone age. >>

apropos of nuthin
    You say derivatives will knock us into the stone age. I say they will get torn up before that happens. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But, truthfully, I have zero concern about the stone age.

This is basically a banking issue at its root. What banker is going to tear up a contract from a party that owes him $100 billion or so? None of them. ***Nothing*** gets torn up, instead the bankers go whine to congress, who then issue them a Free Pass, then they authorize extra spending money & bonuses for the bankers, the kickbacks take place under the table and the game re-starts with Joe Taxpayer getting stuck with even higher taxes and even fewer benefits.

If they can't catch the liquidation phase in time, there certainly could be a few days of stone-age-style economic shutdown. Supply chains being what they are, the impact of a stone age economic shutdown can't really be gauged until it has happened. This country has a lot of reserve, so that's in our favor. OTOH, there's more animosity between all types of groups than I've ever seen. There's really no good way of predicting an outcome unless you're working for McKinsey & Co. or CFR. They're pretty good at that type of thing.

I think the bankers are totally complicit in all of this, as are the politicians, big government and the big multinational corps. No doubt about it, in my opinion. There's no way a little guy ever just gets left alone these days.

I knew it would happen.
    What banker is going to tear up a contract from a party that owes him $100 billion or so? None

If that banker knows there is no way he could collect, or if collection would harm himself, then he will rip up the contract. That's my point and has been all along. Your concern about trillions or quadrillions in derivatives is not a concern of mine. Is it really worth being worried all your life for a "few days of stone age"? Go on a camping trip for a week. You'll survive and might even have fun.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's really no good way of predicting an outcome unless you're working for McKinsey & Co. or CFR. They're pretty good at that type of thing.. >>

Those two, or maybe one of these:

Acton Institute
    Alexis de Tocqueville Institution
    Allegheny Institute for Public Policy
    American Action Forum
    American Civil Rights Union
    American Enterprise Institute
    American Foreign Policy Council
    American Institute for Economic Research
    American–Iranian Council
    American Israel Public Affairs Committee
    American Security Council Foundation
    Americans for the Arts
    Analysis Group
    Askew Institute on Politics and Society
    Aspen Institute
    Atlantic Council
    Atlas Economic Research Foundation
    Battelle Memorial Institute
    Beacon Hill Institute
    Bipartisan Policy Center
    Bradley Foundation
    Brookings Institution
    The Buckeye Institute
    Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
    Cascade Policy Institute
    Cato Institute
    Center for a New American Security
    Center for Advanced Defense Studies
    Center for American Progress
    Center for an Urban Future
    Center for Defense Information
    Center for Economic and Policy Research
    Center for Ethical Solutions
    Center for Excellence in Higher Education
    Center for Freedom and Prosperity
    Center for Global Development
    Center for Governmental Research
    Center for Governmental Studies
    Center for Immigration Studies
    Center for International Policy
    Center for Media and Democracy
    Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement
    Center for National Policy
    Center for Public Integrity
    Center for Public Justice
    Center for Security Policy
    Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
    Center for Strategic and International Studies
    Center for the National Interest (The Nixon Center)
    Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress
    Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    Center on Global Interests
    The Century Foundation
    Claremont Institute
    Committee for Economic Development
    Committee on the Present Danger
    Commonwealth Institute
    Competitive Enterprise Institute
    Concord Coalition
    The Conference Board
    Constitution Project
    Corporation for Enterprise Development
    Council on Competitiveness
    Council on Foreign Relations
    Council on Hemispheric Affairs
    Demos
    Discovery Institute
    Drum Major Institute
    EastWest Institute
    Economic Opportunity Institute
    Economic Policy Institute
    Employment Policies Institute
    Foreign Policy Initiative
    Foreign Policy Research Institute
    Foundation for Defense of Democracies
    Foundation for Economic Education
    Foundation for Excellence in Education
    Foundation for Rational Economics and Education
    Fusion Energy Foundation
    Future of American Democracy Foundation
    Gatestone Institute
    General Electric EdgeLab
    German Marshall Fund of the United States
    GTRI Office of Policy Analysis and Research
    Global Development and Environment Institute
    Global Financial Integrity
    Global Trade Watch
    Goldwater Institute
    Group of Thirty
    The Hampton Institute
    Hastings Center
    The Heartland Institute
    Henry L. Stimson Center
    The Heritage Foundation
    Hoover Institution
    Hudson Institute
    India, China & America Institute
    Independence Institute
    The Independent Institute
    Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
    Institute for Collaborative Engagement
    Institute for Policy Studies
    Institute for Social Policy and Understanding
    Institute for Women's Policy Research
    Inter-American Dialogue
    International Center for Research on Women
    International Intellectual Property Institute
    J Street*
    James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy
    James Madison Institute
    Jamestown Foundation
    John S. Watson Institute for Public Policy
    Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
    Justice Research Association
    Kansas Policy Institute
    Keck Institute for Space Studies
    Levy Economics Institute
    Lexington Institute
    Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
    Ludwig von Mises Institute
    Mackinac Center for Public Policy
    Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
    Mercatus Center at George Mason University
    Middle East Forum
    Migration Policy Institute
    Milken Institute
    National Bureau of Asian Research
    National Bureau of Economic Research
    National Center for Policy Analysis
    National Endowment for Democracy
    National Policy Institute
    National Security Network
    New America Foundation
    New Democrat Network
    New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI)
    New Teacher Center
    Oklahoma Policy Institute
    Oregon Center for Public Policy
    Pacific Institute
    Pacific Research Institute
    Peterson Institute for International Economics
    Pew Research Center
    Philadelphia Society
    Pioneer Institute
    Policy Matters Ohio
    Political and Economic Research Council (PERC)
    Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
    Precious Metals Forum on Collector's Universe
    Progressive Policy Institute
    Project 2049 Institute
    Project for the New American Century
    Public Citizen
    RAND Corporation
    Reason Foundation
    The Reform Institute
    Resources for the Future
    Ripon Society
    Rockford Institute
    Rockridge Institute
    Rocky Mountain Institute
    Roosevelt Institute Campus Network
    RTI International (Research Triangle Institute)
    Santa Fe Institute
    Seven Pillars Institute
    Show-Me Institute
    Social Science Research Council
    South Asian Center for Reintegration and Independent Research
    SRI International
    Strategic Studies Institute
    Streit Council for a Union of Democracies
    Taos Institute
    Tax Foundation
    Tellus Institute
    Texas Public Policy Foundation
    Third Way
    Thomas B. Fordham Institute
    The Urban Energy Policy Institute
    Urban Institute
    Urban Land Institute
    United States Institute of Peace
    Washington Institute for Near East Policy
    W. E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research
    WestEd
    Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
    World Affairs Council
    World Resources Institute

True story: I worked for Rand for a little while, a long time ago, still have some logo gear around here somewhere..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

That list is a bit deficient by not including the PCGS Precious Metals Forum and Zerohedge.

Look again, and the edit before your post image

Zerohedge

LMAOimage