Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

JULY acquisitions -- let's do this!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    With a blue auto flip all you need to do is send it in on a regular card submission. I believe you can even send it in on a $6.00 monthly special.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    this is what I did my in may. and did not require any sub alteration email that ya get if you have messed up on the paperwork.
  • Options
    thanks bb, seriously!

it took me a lil over a year and a half to find one that i'd be happy with.

there have been several listed over this time period, but they all were either:

complete beaters
    completely trimmed
    severely oc
    horrible auto
    horrible placement of auto
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few arrivals in the last week. First is #108 on the Monster checklist.

I am also going to work on a 1956 Topps FB set in 5-7 range. Again looking for centering, no creases and solid corners. Have 12 that are raw from a purchase I made from the boards about 3 years ago. Not sure if I am going raw/graded or 100% raw yet. Here are four I have just picked up.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Begsu--Damn, you have had one heck of a month! Awesome stuff from beginning to end.

Got this one in under the wire. His injury plagued season brought down the values of his cards. Happy to pick up this Gem before the season starts. Hopefully, he has a healthy season. If so, people may just remember that this guy is pretty good.

Steve
  • Options
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With a blue auto flip all you need to do is send it in on a regular card submission. I believe you can even send it in on a $6.00 monthly special. >>

Partly true, but the whole sub needs to be crossovers. Can't include it with other raw cards (signed or unsigned). You might get away with it a couple of times, but eventually, somebody will notify you that the sub is invalid and must be separated into crossover and noncrossover subs and charge you separate shipping accordingly.
  • Options
    correct. only done once and we're all blue labeled cards on a reg sub.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

<< <i>correct. only done once and we're all blue labeled cards on a reg sub. >>

All subbed. I had a 12 card onsite that I broke into 2 6 card subs. A review of my 6 red flips and a crossover for the 6 blue flips.

Hope we get em tomorrow.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

<< <i>correct. only done once and we're all blue labeled cards on a reg sub. >>

that might be the point of confusion. the cost for crossover and regular grading is the same. no additional paperwork required because it's all equal on psa's end? technically, it is a crossover, though. or, it at least supposed to be.
  • Options
    could very well be and completely agree w/ it being defined as a "crossover". blue flip to red flip.

just trying to convey the fact that i did call in. ask. was told that all 32 could go on a collectors special red flip at $5.50. sub submitted via "standard card grading", not a crossover and no correction email.

had there been 1 raw card for standard grading, then that would be grounds for the proverbial monkey wrench, grounds for delays, time wasted and always unsettling said email pointing out that i forgot to dot that i and cross said t.

two ways to skin a cat. ...if done correctly.

i am also having similar conversations with my wife, in regards to their lake house and how the local folk refer to the yard that is facing the lake "the front yard" and "the back yard" is road side where mail is delivered.

"nobody's wrong, if everybody's right"
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Still figuring out this scanner thing but here it goes:

[URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/dberk12/media/Rickey_zpsysrqmjll.png.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/dberk12/media/Bryce Archive_zpszsiu2jpl.png.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/dberk12/media/Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 8.33.19 PM_zpstzyzlxec.png.html]image[/URL]

I was all over the map this month jumping sports and mixing modern with an 80's classic.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    Sneaking in under the wire. Bought some relic cards on BST from alifaxwa2 and they arrived today. I bought 10 total, some to keep, some for the kids. These are the ones I'm keeping:

I like the 3 matching ones from UD Vintage. Apparently there's one more Pirate in the set: Roberto Clemente. I don't own a Clemente relic card yet and it would be cool to complete the team set some day.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Here is the second round of my recent-ish pick ups. These are the raw cards. I ran out of card holders to get some of them ready for scanning and I didn't feel like doing the STAR cards so this is most of it and the interesting stuff at least. Let me know if you want more info about a card and I'll tell you what I know of it.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases