Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

JULY acquisitions -- let's do this!

Comments

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    clemente ia shot is great! maybe caught looking? which is pretty rare image on a card, I would think...I can't think of another one.

and agreed...that is probably the best sample ive seen of that one. kudos!!!
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Clemente IA photo is great. Here are my other two favorite in action shots:

• Options
    really happy w/ this 8! haven't seen a 9 yet that is worthy of the money...

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>really happy w/ this 8! haven't seen a 9 yet that is worthy of the money... >>

Very clean card. Congrats.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    CocoaBeachDodgersCocoaBeachDodgers Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    Just won in tonight's SportsCardLink auction:

[URL=http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/mankin043/media/1955killebrew_zpsidwrujvh.jpg.html]image[/URL][/IMG]
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>clemente ia shot is great! maybe caught looking? >>

I think he's just rolling his neck around between pitches, trying to get comfortable. He used to do that a lot.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>clemente ia shot is great! maybe caught looking? >>

I think he's just rolling his neck around between pitches, trying to get comfortable. He used to do that a lot. >>

catcher's glove is closed though?

edit: and appears to be pausing it right there in the strike zone for affirmation...
  • Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    Great cards everyone. Really like that 64 Aaron. Just picked up my first Rickey RC. Centered!

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭

An upgrade to my Harper set

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Love the Harper! Nice addition. I have that card on my followed searches and somehow missed it. Enjoy!

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options

<< <i>This is one that I picked up last week which now almost completes my Maris basic card set in high grade. If anyone has a 63 Topps in an 8.5 that they wouldn't mind partying with, please let me know.

image >>

WOW!! That is a blazer, Congrats! image
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    Not a card, but cool gift for my wife nonetheless:

• Options

While not too significant by themselves, these 2 cards are an important addition to my collection; I am now 79/80 complete with this set and just missing the SSP #68.

Also, as I've mentioned before, I'm a big fan of Exhibits cards. Picked up these recently:

With the help of this really useful thread I was able to narrow the years of issue:

Feller 1946
    Kaline portrait 1957-61
    Snider 1958-61 (moved to LA for 1958)
  • Options
    Good looking cards Dan!
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards Dan! I've always been a fan of the Ted Williams Fleer set.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    I got a couple of additions to my Brian McCann collection this weekend:

2003 Bowman's Best Blue McCann autograph

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
  • Options
    Love that ASG patch!!
  • Options

box has some stars showing too!

larger photo

• Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Billy Williams arrived today.

• Options
    Great looking copy of an iconic card!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up for my 1967 set. It looks like a 10!

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up the other day. I have to stay this looks a lot better then some 9's I've seen. The centering on this card is super tough. I feel this card has great eye appeal.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    A new pickup, 1986 Memphis Chicks Gold #28 Bo Jackson PSA 9. This is the highest example graded of a condition sensitive card. PSA says it is a POP 6 but I know at least one is an unauthorized card with a black border incorrectly labeled as this card. Not sure how many of the real deal exist in this grade.

The silver version of this card has many unauthorized (memphis jersey) cards in POP. I included an image of the silver card along side for reference, a pickup of mine from back in May.

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Picked this up for my 1967 set. It looks like a 10!

image >>

WOW! Sharp looking Banks.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff here, everyone. This thread never disappoints. There is too much great stuff here to comment on individually.
  • Options
    I have been after one of these forever to add to my HOF catchers collection. I am enamored with this low grade beauty! You can almost smell the peanuts and popcorn!!!

Super pumped about this mail day! Not often have I checked ebay multiple times a day on an item to check the shipping status.
  • Options
    Wow, that Cracker Jack schalk is HUGE!!
  • Options
    Some more Bo pick-ups for today!

This first card actually used to be mine but sold with my previous Bo collection and I now have it back. It is one of the cards I wanted back the most, despite it not having a very high numerical grade. I think the card has great eye appeal! When I sent the card in, I faced Bo Jackson toward the front in the CS1 and although the white side is technically the back of the card PSA kept it that way.

1990 DONRUSS BLUE/WHITE TEST ISSUE JIM TRABER/BO JACKSON PSA 6
    imageimage

And a couple of other Bo Donruss I needed for the collection.

1990 DONRUSS LEARNING SERIES #38 BO JACKSON PSA 10

1990 DONRUSS #650 BO JACKSON PSA 10
  • Options
    mantle set is basically complete, so i've been adding signed versions to compliment it....this was a big nail in the coffin!!!

took about a solid month to nail the deal down...

• Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>mantle set is basically complete, so i've been adding signed versions to compliment it....this was a big nail in the coffin!!!

took about a solid month to nail the deal down...

image >>

Eh, it's okay I guess.
  • Options
    fedex above. usps below:

off to earn more mantles! have a good day guys....
  • Options
    Some guys work for beans. Some work for Mantles. Well done, begs! image
  • Options
    Those are gorgeous Mantles! One of the greatest sigs ever IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>Picked this up the other day. I have to stay this looks a lot better then some 9's I've seen. The centering on this card is super tough. I feel this card has great eye appeal.

image >>

Very Nice Bobby!
  • Options
    I've said a hundred times on here that I much prefer mantle's 51 bowman RC to his 52 topps. This signed bowman is blowing my mind!
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    That signed mantle is fantastic. From the prices I've seen I may never be able to afford one, but on the wish list for sure.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Mantles begs. That 51 is smokin'.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Nice pickups fellas! To add to the "Mantle Mania", I received this blazer in the mail today. (sorry for the large image) This one will be coming with me for a review in person at the National.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    ryanseven,

No matter how it turns out, that is a blazer.
  • Options
    Ryanseven. That is one hell of a card (and a scan lol). It's a really beautiful card but I think that the top left corner may keep it out. Regardless, it's still freakin amazing. Please let us know if it bumps. Goodluck buddy.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always a sucker for a well-centered Roberto Clemente Walker baseball card, the frame job on this 66 was one of the best I've seen. Toss in my fascination/affinity for vintage cards graded 8.5, and this was a confluence made in heaven.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Always a sucker for a well-centered Roberto Clemente Walker baseball card, the frame job on this 66 was one of the best I've seen. Toss in my fascination/affinity for vintage cards graded 8.5, and this was a confluence made in heaven.

image >>

Sweetness!!! Congrats. Hard to imagine any better looking 66's including 9's.
  • Options

<< <i>Hard to imagine any better looking 66's including 9's. >>

Agreed!
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    The cards on this thread are extremely impressive. Hard to believe the National is still on the horizon with the potential for this thread to blow up next weekend. Keep 'em coming.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Always loved that 1960 Mantle All Star card - 1 of my favorites
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful cards in this thread! Keep them coming!

I just picked up these 2 yesterday. The Munson at a card store, and the Ryan I cracked out of an SGC graded holder. Both were immediately sent to PSA for grading last night (along with other cards). No matter the grade on the Munson, I just want it in a PSA case anyway.
    Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!
  • Options
    Nice clemente 66 8.5.
  • Options
    That Ryan's a beaut! Nice card.