Home U.S. Coin Forum

2015 Truman Coin and Chronicles sold out

BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
in 15 minutes!
Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look for the greedy low-lifes with 100+ sets to appear on the BST

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 5 sets in my cart- went to check out, given a notification that my password needed to be reset, when I went to reset my password.
    Told me my email wasn't on file!!! I was already logged in!!!
    By the time I got someone on the phone- they were sold out!!!
    I had 5 in my cart within the first three minutes and a glitch in the system would not let me check out.
    Now they're gone!
    I'm not a happy camper...

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>look for the greedy low-lifes with 100+ sets to appear on the BST >>

Yeah....one of the main ones doing that, who never posts outside of a flip item, was in the other thread, so we know he is likely one like that.
    Another posted about getting 4 sets of 5 before the sellout, so that's 20 right there with 1 person.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Success!?

I'm OK for making a quick buck here and there- within the confines of general coutesy though.
    Buying beyond the limits IMO goes beyond that.

Are these the same type of people that speed along in the right hand freeway lane, bumper to bumper, blabbing on their cell phones, oblivious to everyone but themselves, flipping houses, making deals, running those of us who are just trying to get ON AND OFF the freeway- INTO the Friggin guardrails???!!!! (Sorry, my personal pet-peeves showing here) a bit bitter too!!!
    Years of driving slow cars/old pick up trucks will do that too ya!
    You get tired of being run off the road by selfish/get ahead at any cost/people, who have thrown away any remnants of common courtesy.

I suspect so!!!

Rant over....

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many sets our friends in Indiana got??
    or beverly hills
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Got my 5.
    Had trouble with the privacy statement & conditions not realizing there was an invisible ( to me) box to check.
    Already pre sold to a dealer for submission.
    Will buy some real coins.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?

• << <i>

Yeah....one of the main ones doing that, who never posts outside of a flip item, was in the other thread, so we know he is likely one like that.
    Another posted about getting 4 sets of 5 before the sellout, so that's 20 right there with 1 person. >>

Yeah, I got 20 units coming. Sorry if others had glitching problems. I hope to find and error or something cool on one personally. Kris
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will buy some real coins. >>

Mintage of 17,000 .... that is a REAL COIN
  • cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    cc charge pending already
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 minutes?! Is that a record??

Maybe it's time for the Mint to limit to 1 set each? I doubt that will even take care of the problem...
    ----- kj
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Single sets are being sold for over $150 on ebay already.
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I'm totally shocked it took 15 minutes. Guess lots of people still got dial up or something slow - or do they just order slow?

Got my 5 ! Ordered on my slow Smart Phone image

But even with problems I was still done in under 2 minutes. image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Another posted about getting 4 sets of 5 before the sellout, so that's 20 right there with 1 person. >>

Yeah, I got 20 units coming. Sorry if others had glitching problems. I hope to find and error or something cool on one personally. Kris >>

Grrrrrr....
    Just remember that the right hand lane on the freeway is for people trying to merge on and off and to yield when they're doing so...
    Give a little room between cars when driving there...
    What ever happened to the 'double your car length' rule? It's GONE!!!
    ANYTHING for a buck!!!! To get ahead!!!

I finally broke down and drive a much faster car now.
    Good thing, as it just gets worse and worse on the freeways!

Taking the dog out now, (he's new for us and 189 lbs!) then for my daily mile swim in the lake...
    Found some sparkling change on the lake bottom yesterday and picked it up.
    Does this take away the "good luck" for the people that tossed it there?
    I guess I'm driving in the "fast lane" too, by many standards.
    Cheers!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah, I got 20 units coming. Sorry if others had glitching problems. I hope to find and error or something cool on one personally. Kris >>

Grrrrrr....
    Just remember that the right hand lane on the freeway is for people trying to merge on and off and to yield when they're doing so...
    Give a little room between cars when driving there...
    What ever happened to the 'double your car length' rule? It's GONE!!!
    ANYTHING for a buck!!!! To get ahead!!!

I finally broke down and drive a much faster car now.
    Good thing, as it just gets worse and worse on the freeways!

Taking the dog out now, (he's new for us and 189 lbs!) then for my daily mile swim in the lake...
    Found some sparkling change on the lake bottom yesterday and picked it up.
    Does this take away the "good luck" for the people that tossed it there?
    I guess I'm driving in the "fast lane" too, by many standards.
    Cheers! >>

Once again, I'm upset a lot of people on here did not get any. I was fortunate enough to have a few people that believe in me and don't mind doing a small favor for a nice person. I try to give good advice here and ask many questions about errors that I may have found. I am not in control of how fast these sold out, I just had the insight to be ready when the time came. NOT that I pushed anyone off the FREEWAY to get only 20, I'm not a dealer by any means and do not have the resources to buy 1,000 units like some. I'm just trying to help my love of matte proof Lincoln cents. Kris
    I was a Monkey
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Single sets are being sold for over $150 on ebay already. >>

Guess I shouldn't have sold my five for less than $500. Oh well, a deal is a deal....
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    So, does the instantaneous sell out negate any "First Strike" influence?
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be the first to say I'm in it for the long haul! Let's see what these are going for around Christmas.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had I not sold my five sets to mcm I'd b flipping em fast.
    My father bought 5. Well keep those.
    W incredible 15 min sellout don't think u can loose either way w these. Amazing!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the first two sets in this series for Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt, but this one was a pass. It's just as well. I had to drive my in-laws around, who are in a retirement home, and there was no way that I could have gotten to computer or iPad to place an order.

It really angers me that the government does stuff like this. Instead of limiting the order size to one set on the initial offering period, they let a comparatively small number of people buy up the entire limited mintage. After last week I'm quite displeased with the government in general. This stunt has not improved my attitude.

Anyone who wants a set should be able to buy it from the government at the issue price. That is a fair distribution. Instead it goes to flippers not collectors.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • I saw someone on the bay selling 75 units in one auction for $12,000. Now I don't feel so bad getting just 20.
    I was a Monkey
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw someone on the bay selling 75 units in one auction for $12,000. Now I don't feel so bad getting just 20. >>

That's $2,000 more than you can pay on the BST!

Congrats to those that got, that won the Mint lottery; it doesn't come around as much as it used to.

Sorry for those here on the forum that lost...
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Single sets are being sold for over $150 on ebay already. >>

pre sale?
  • Isn't that the trenchcoat folks from the ATB fiasco?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I was home from work today! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone who wants a set should be able to buy it from the government at the issue price. That is a fair distribution. Instead it goes to flippers not collectors >>

So unlimited mintage on everything....sounds exciting

Anyone who had the initiative to be ready at 12 noon could have a chance to buy a set....anyone who had time constraint issues that prevented that would be left in the dark. That was kinda expected. I have not heard of anyone that logged on at noon that was not able to get a set (unresolved CC/password issues not included)

<< <i>I saw someone on the bay selling 75 units in one auction for $12,000. Now I don't feel so bad getting just 20. >>

imageimage

Im gittin just a little po'ed about only doin 5. image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone who wants a set should be able to buy it from the government at the issue price. That is a fair distribution. Instead it goes to flippers not collectors >>

So unlimited mintage on everything....sounds exciting

Anyone who had the initiative to be ready at 12 noon could have a chance to buy a set....anyone who had time constraint issues that prevented that would be left in the dark. That was kinda expected. I have not heard of anyone that logged on at noon that was not able to get a set (unresolved CC/password issues not included) >>

It took only about 15 seconds to place my order and it appears you had a window of at least 10 minutes to do so.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't that the trenchcoat folks from the ATB fiasco? >>

indeed it is! ;-)
  • bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    I was able to buy one for myself, and the order a box of four sets that I sold on Ebay for $500.

From what I can tell, the hot money is on EBAY.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed that one, the MOD sets are now old news image

EDIT: From the Mint site
    We are currently out of this item, but more may be available later. Provide your email using the “REMIND ME” button and we will let you know when we are taking orders again.

They could probably sell another run of 75k, hope they do, like to get one.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    morgansforever has it right.

They just exhausted the available stock. There is a max product limit of 17,000 so how many sold in the first 15 or 20 minutes is yet to be reported. I hope Mint News Blog will post the number later today or tomorrow. My guess is there were around 7,000 to 10,000 sets already to go as sales opened at noon. More will be released as packaging etc becomes available.

It remains to be seen how this will effect flippers as reality sets in. The price should drop back as the second and third round of shipments happen. But by then today's re-sellers will have reaped their wind fall profits and moved on to await the next mint offering.

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come no body is posing their order numbers?
    Isn't that the standard post when a new hot item is released?
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just called and they aren't even taking orders. I was hoping that maybe I could just place it and maybe I would get a stray set that was cancelled or a card expired, no luck.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How come no body is posing their order numbers?
    Isn't that the standard post when a new hot item is released? >>

Order numbers are in the other thread

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How come no body is posing their order numbers?
    Isn't that the standard post when a new hot item is released? >>

Considering the Truman Show only lasted for 15 minutes, it might not matter, much...cept for bragging rights, I'd guess.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot and missed out.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

indeed it is! ;-) >>

I remember the 2010 ATB threads + the coats in NYC. Whenever I see Nurmaler in a BST post, I pass over it. Not interested.

<< <i>Missed that one, the MOD sets are now old news image

EDIT: From the Mint site
    We are currently out of this item, but more may be available later. Provide your email using the “REMIND ME” button and we will let you know when we are taking orders again.

They could probably sell another run of 75k, hope they do, like to get one. >>

De bay de bay...........

I think the message is automatically posted after every sell out. Of course there may
    be cancelations ,bad cards , returns, etc.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They just exhausted the available stock. There is a max product limit of 17,000 so how many sold in the first 15 or 20 minutes is yet to be reported. I hope Mint News Blog will post the number later today or tomorrow. My guess is there were around 7,000 to 10,000 sets already to go as sales opened at noon. More will be released as packaging etc becomes available. >>

Given that there were over 4,000 orders between the first and last reported order numbers, I have to believe they sold all 17K.

My order (placed within 15 seconds of start of sale): 33547xx
    hammer1 reported 3359*** at 12:16 (after sell-out)
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Yes it is. One trenchcoat has over 70 for sale right now
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

indeed it is! ;-) >>

I remember the 2010 ATB threads + the coats in NYC. Whenever I see Nurmaler in a BST post, I pass over it. Not interested. >>

Same here.... I was surrounded at MTB on Wall St and they shut down sales due to the rude patrons
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

indeed it is! ;-) >>

I remember the 2010 ATB threads + the coats in NYC. Whenever I see Nurmaler in a BST post, I pass over it. Not interested. >>

He only comes around when there is a flip. And, only to get information, post about his order volume, or attempt to sell. Nothing else matters. So, like you, I pass over his and move on.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that some will game the system like that, when others are simply attempting to order 5 or fewer sets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a shame that some will game the system like that, when others are simply attempting to order 5 or fewer sets. >>

That is a forum member...

Link
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They just exhausted the available stock. There is a max product limit of 17,000 so how many sold in the first 15 or 20 minutes is yet to be reported. I hope Mint News Blog will post the number later today or tomorrow. My guess is there were around 7,000 to 10,000 sets already to go as sales opened at noon. More will be released as packaging etc becomes available. >>

Given that there were over 4,000 orders between the first and last reported order numbers, I have to believe they sold all 17K.

My order (placed within 15 seconds of start of sale): 33547xx
    hammer1 reported 3359*** at 12:16 (after sell-out) >>

I think you are right. @17K mintage limit and if everyone ordered 5, thats only 3400 orders needed.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file