2015 High Relief Gold Coin

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is a very attractive gold coin.... Cheers, RickO

Text

Comments

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To go on sale July 30th at noon

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭
    Dang, Ms. Liberty's been doing some curls with that torch. She's cut.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The relief doesn't look all that high, and I'm trying to think where this would fit in my collection.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the mint has it listed on the schedule for the 30th as of now.

price TBD.

I notice the 2015 pricing grid does not have a column for the UHR.

There is supposed to be a silver medal. Now.... do they offer individually AND as a set or just individually ? image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>The relief doesn't look all that high, and I'm trying to think where this would fit in my collection. >>

$100 gold is not a coincidence

they chose it with the type collectors in mind.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>
    There is supposed to be a silver medal. Now.... do they offer individually AND as a set or just individually ? image >>

Maybe the Mint will time the Silver medal release for Chicago ANA mid August :>
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any guess as to what it will cost assuming the gold price will be relatively close to today's spot price?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the mint has it listed on the schedule for the 30th as of now.

price TBD.

I notice the 2015 pricing grid does not have a column for the UHR.

There is supposed to be a silver medal. Now.... do they offer individually AND as a set or just individually ? image >>

Will there even be a silver medal this year? It's disappeared off the product schedule.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any guess as to what it will cost assuming the gold price will be relatively close to today's spot price? >>

My WAG is still just under $1600, assuming they use a plain jane case. If they go with a fancy, wood box, the price might be higher.

<< <i>Any guess as to what it will cost assuming the gold price will be relatively close to today's spot price? >>

I'm guessing comparable to a proof ouncer which is running $1510 right now for the AGE and $1540 for the proof buff (packaging and purity differences)

My guess is closer to the $1540 number.

although more 99.99 gold is sold worldwide for bullion than 22k

• << <i>Any guess as to what it will cost assuming the gold price will be relatively close to today's spot price? >>

As of today based on the Gold Buffs I'd say $1540.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think there will be a sell out with a 50,000 mintage? If so, how long will they last before they are all gone? Nice design so they should be fairly popular but how many collectors can afford one at $1500? These are questions that an investor needs to consider. I'll probably buy on just because I like it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

do I get my COA autographed by Angelina Jolie?

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>do I get my COA autographed by Angelina Jolie? >>

I'd like mine autographed by Michelle Pfeiffer. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have zero interest in this thing, which just another mint sponsored financial vacuum cleaner than is designed to suck up some more collector cash.

If you want a representation of Ms. Liberty for a lot less money, go buy a 1988 Olympic $5 gold piece. Those are selling for somewhere near melt.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin does nothing for me, just another bland Mint issue.
  • CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Looks great imageimageimage
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    I might buy one or three
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have zero interest in this thing, which just another mint sponsored financial vacuum cleaner than is designed to suck up some more collector cash.

If you want a representation of Ms. Liberty for a lot less money, go buy a 1988 Olympic $5 gold piece. Those are selling for somewhere near melt. >>

If I want an ounce of gold bullion, I'll buy something else. If I want high relief, there are better options.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me down for as many as I can buy with my profit from the Truman show!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice design.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭
    The Eagle looks like a Fighter Jet. Very COOL!!!
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I like it but "Lady Liberty" has a bit of a "How much longer do I have to hold this stuff" look. The eagle reverse is a sharp original design.
    pcgs website acting strange tonight.
  • MCADSPECMCADSPEC Posts: 72 ✭✭
    When the original announcement of a Ultra High Relief coming to market, I was highly interested. I was thinking along the lines of the previous Ultra High. When they announced that it was only going to be high relief, I was disappointed. After seeing the design, I believe I have lost all interest in it. I do like the reverse design but don't think I am a buyer.
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    I believed they also make Silver Medal, how come it is not on the schedule?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file