Options

Paypal being "deceptive"

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a long time ago : "Business is business. Conduct it accordingly."
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    ok, i'll go into broken record mode if I have to.

If you have a CASH funded balance you should not be hit with a fee. Thank you Paypal for acknowledging this and allowing people that have CASH to do commerce freely...and if you didn't want me to have the option you wouldn't offer it.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed it for ya:

"Thank you paypal for not checking to see if I'm ripping you off."

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok, i'll go into broken record mode if I have to.

If you have a CASH funded balance you should not be hit with a fee. Thank you Paypal for acknowledging this and allowing people that have CASH to do commerce freely...and if you didn't want me to have the option you wouldn't offer it. >>

For the umpteenth time. the source of funds has NOTHING to do with it. If you sell something on eBay and accept PP, you pay the same fees no matter if the buyer pays from an existing balance, a checking account or a CC.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    I think while one goes into broken record mode, another goes into" _ _ _ _ _ slap" mode around this place. Why can't we just love one another the old fashioned way ? image
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paypal doesn't care if you use the Gift feature 100 times a month. As long as they don't have to cover the transaction they are not going to complain.

Its no different than some banks which allow 2 account holders to make free transfers . I've done that with Bank of America before on bullion deals. Its free between account holders .

Do whatever business you want with paypal gifts as long as there is trust between the parties. If trust breaks down Paypal will not involve itself. One party or both are SOL.

There is no reason instant transfers between paypal accounts should cost anything , computers are doing the work , the work is the same for $5 or $5000 .

There was a pretty good thread about this over on the US coin forum a few months ago .
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Paypal doesn't care if you use the Gift feature 100 times a month. As long as they don't have to cover the transaction they are not going to complain.

Its no different than some banks which allow 2 account holders to make free transfers . I've done that with Bank of America before on bullion deals. Its free between account holders .

Do whatever business you want with paypal gifts as long as there is trust between the parties. If trust breaks down Paypal will not involve itself. One party or both are SOL.

There is no reason instant transfers between paypal accounts should cost anything , computers are doing the work , the work is the same for $5 or $5000 .

There was a pretty good thread about this over on the US coin forum a few months ago . >>

Excellent summary, and elaborates my one-liner.

Have you noticed, those who complain on PayPal's behalf about PPG being "wrong" also complain about lots of other things "wrong" with the world, that are really none of their business, they just like to complain?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Have you noticed, those who pretend something's OK eventually become convinced it's OK? Using PPG (Personal Payment) is not wrong. Using it for business transactions when you agreed not to is wrong.

To those that advocate ripping off your payment processor, at what point does it become OK to violate an agreement with your buyer to save a few bucks?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    To those that advocate ripping off your payment processor, at what point does it become OK to violate an agreement with your buyer to save a few bucks?

Here's your answer:

There is no reason instant transfers between paypal accounts should cost anything , computers are doing the work , the work is the same for $5 or $5000

Have you noticed, those who complain on PayPal's behalf about PPG being "wrong" also complain about lots of other things "wrong" with the world, that are really none of their business, they just like to complain?

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I could not agree more Baley!
  • Options
    There's a very good reason you should pay a fee when paypal processes a payment for your merchandise - you agreed to pay them the fee.

Again I ask, at what point does it become OK to violate an agreement with your buyer to save a few bucks?

Something else to consider. Since the IRS requires paypal to report your sales to the IRS and paypal views personal gifts as non-sales, the IRS would probably view misuse of Personal Payment as cheating the IRS as well. A lot harder to pretend that's OK.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    PayPal, thru their computers/network is providing a service by transferring money from one party to the next.
    They are providing the transfer service and doing the transfer.
    If you use their service you agree to their service agreement.
    Simple.
    Does anyone think they themselves can magically transfer money to someone else?
    Try it without using PayPal if you think you can!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PayPal, thru their computers/network is providing a service by transferring money from one party to the next.
    They are providing the transfer service and doing the transfer.
    If you use their service you agree to their service agreement.
    Simple.
    Does anyone think they themselves can magically transfer money to someone else?
    Try it without using PayPal if you think you can!
    image >>

and if you believe that there is no cost involved to PayPal for your PPG transaction, you are living in a dream world.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Oh boy! I knew the IRS fear tactic would soon play itself out.
    If Paypal didn't want me doing transactions and them not getting a fee out of it, they would not allow me to do it. "Simple" enough for a 3rd grader.

Just like how they got busted. Did anyone actually take the time to read the damn article? Geez! This thread has turned into personal feelings on a topic rather than it's intention which was to show that Paypals hands have stink on them too! Read the article.
    To comment otherwise is an act of hypocrisy in itself.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh boy! I knew the IRS fear tactic would soon play itself out.
    If Paypal didn't want me doing transactions and them not getting a fee out of it, they would not allow me to do it. "Simple" enough for a 3rd grader.

Just like how they got busted. Did anyone actually take the time to read the damn article? Geez! This thread has turned into personal feelings on a topic rather than it's intention which was to show that Paypals hands have stink on them too! Read the article.
    To comment otherwise is an act of hypocrisy in itself. >>

The thread is about paypal and deception. The OP points out how paypal is being held accountable for it yet feels it's OK when he's doing the deceiving. Paypal is allowing you to do it because they are not policing the transactions. They made the mistake of trusting you and expecting you to hold up your end of the agreement.

Don't fear the IRS at your own peril. A wise businessman considers the tax implications of all of his business decisions.

FWIW, my bank charges a $25 fee to electronically transfer funds from my account to someone else's account regardless the reason for the transfer. Since there is no way to deceive the bank on this, one can only save the fee by simply mailing a check.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh boy! I knew the IRS fear tactic would soon play itself out.

To comment otherwise is an act of hypocrisy in itself. >>

The thread is about paypal and deception. The OP points out how they are being held accountable for it yet feels it's OK when he's doing the deceiving. Paypal is allowing you to do it because they are not policing the transactions. They made the mistake of trusting you and expecting you to hold up your end of the agreement.

Don't fear the IRS at your own peril. A wise businessman considers the tax implications of all of his business decisions.

FWIW, my bank charges a $25 fee to electronically transfer funds from my account to someone else's account regardless the reason for the transfer. Since there is no way to deceive the bank on this, one can only save the fee by simply mailing a check. >>

Or open a high roller account where wire transfers are FREE!image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with anyone accepting personal payments for any reason. Actually, the person making the payment is the one violating the agreement. I believe what they read here on the forum when deciding to use the personal payment option should at least be factual. I do not believe they should be misled into believing it's OK with paypal.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paypal being "deceptive"

I stay clear of sellers that insist on PPG to circumvent fees. I think they are being deceptive.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I stay clear of sellers that insist on PPG to circumvent fees. I think they are being deceptive

What about those who offer PPG or regular PP as long as the buyer pays the fee, as I do?
    I'm curious what the concencus is on this.

In most cases from my experience this is difference is the deal being done or not. The buyer thinks the seller should eat the fee, the seller says you want it, you pay it. I have yet to ever have a buyer offer to SPLIT the fee which I would more than be willing to do, if it is offered. I never offer to because I feel that's something the buyer should offer, not something I suggest.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    TextJust like how they got busted. Did anyone actually take the time to read the damn article?

Yes, I read it. Did you? Perhaps the question should have been "did anyone actually take the time to read and comprehend the article?

Paypal has been accused of these things, a judge will decide at some point in the future whether those charges have merit. It will be interesting to follow.

The thread is about paypal and deception. The OP points out how paypal is being held accountable for it yet feels it's OK when he's doing the deceiving. Paypal is allowing (the account holder) to do it because they are not policing the transactions. They made the mistake of trusting (the account holder) and expecting you to hold up your end of the agreement.

POTD, derryb.
  • Options
    If a person's conscience bothers them, then they shouldn't engage in transactions that they feel are deceitful to anyone involved. Frankly whether or not a person pays with or accepts PPG for goods has zero bearing on my opinion of them. As long as they honor their word and/or the deal I'm good.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Having one party cover the paypal fee, or both parties splitting the fee, does not violate the T&Cs you agreed to.
  • Options
    As long as they honor their word and/or the deal I'm good.

That's the whole point - they failed to honor their word by using paypal gift for an exchange of goods or services, as they already said they wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    As long as they honor their word and/or the deal I'm good

This is really it in a nutshell. One party pays, the other securely sends the item in a timely manner and if the buyer approves once item is in hand, that's a smooth transaction by me.
  • Options

<< <i>I stay clear of sellers that insist on PPG to circumvent fees. I think they are being deceptive

What about those who offer PPG or regular PP as long as the buyer pays the fee, as I do?
    I'm curious what the concencus is on this.

In most cases from my experience this is difference is the deal being done or not. The buyer thinks the seller should eat the fee, the seller says you want it, you pay it. I have yet to ever have a buyer offer to SPLIT the fee which I would more than be willing to do, if it is offered. I never offer to because I feel that's something the buyer should offer, not something I suggest. >>

PP is a for fee service when business is done. So someone needs to pay the fee. If you told me a had to pay 3% as a buyer on a PP I would pass. If you took my personal check then problem solved.

Mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Having one party cover the paypal fee, or both parties splitting the fee, does not violate the T&Cs you agreed to

Well, just like PP enrolling people in something they may not want to be enrolled in because they buried it in the T&C and then think that's ok (until they got caught)...I must've not read that, because it was buried in the T&C. image
  • Options
    PP is a for fee service when business is done. So someone needs to pay the fee. If you told me a had to pay 3% as a buyer on a PP I would pass. If you took my personal check then problem solved

yeah, I don't take personal checks anymore for larger amounts, and if 3% is too much for you to buy the PROTECTION you as the buyer so covet, then I would pass too.
  • Options

<< <i>As long as they honor their word and/or the deal I'm good.

That's the whole point - they failed to honor their word by using paypal gift for an exchange of goods or services, as they already said they wouldn't do it. >>

No it isn't. They made the agreement with PP, not me. If they say they will deliver 5 rolls of ASEs and cover the loss if there is one, I'm good. As I said before I've done plenty of deals that generated a fee for PP and I'm good with that too.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    I stay clear of sellers that insist on PPG to circumvent fees. I think they are being deceptive.

The more I read this comment it irks me, for this simple reason.
    If doing 1000+ transactions on here and not having so much as a peep of bad commentary publicly stated about those transactions sways, or doesn't sway your decision, then I strongly urge you to move on because what you think and what is fact is terribly obvious to be 2 entirely different things.
    You know, a seller can fire a buyer, just the way a buyer can fire a seller. It's a 2 way street.
  • Options

<< <i>PP is a for fee service when business is done. So someone needs to pay the fee. If you told me a had to pay 3% as a buyer on a PP I would pass. If you took my personal check then problem solved

yeah, I don't take personal checks anymore for larger amounts, and if 3% is too much for you to buy the PROTECTION you as the buyer so covet, then I would pass too. >>

I'd take Mark's personal check no problemmo.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>PP is a for fee service when business is done. So someone needs to pay the fee. If you told me a had to pay 3% as a buyer on a PP I would pass. If you took my personal check then problem solved

yeah, I don't take personal checks anymore for larger amounts, and if 3% is too much for you to buy the PROTECTION you as the buyer so covet, then I would pass too. >>

Yeah, everyone I do business with takes checks so PP and PPG never comes up. Im not going to pay 3% and I'm not going to "use" PPG to circumvent PP. My point is I won't even consider a BST ad if it includes PPG as part of the deal. Red flag for me.

Mark
  • Options

<< <i>

I'd take Mark's personal check no problemmo. >>

You have : )

Mark
  • Options
    whoops,. DP

mark
  • Options
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pride myself on being someone to trust and do safe transactions with.
    I play it fair and straight up. I speak my mind. I don't look for loopholes.

I also read many many many posts on these boards. I try to understand people. I would be very wary of anyone who prides themselves of finding loopholes and cheating a person, or company, out of recompense in the ways of fees.
    I will look at the whole issue, but when I see repeated patterns, I learn who I won't deal with. While it may be safe today, who's to say that something won't happen in the upcoming future when they decide that there was an issue with the transaction that they didn't like and do something that one would consider as a negative action? People that go for all the loopholes, are proud of not paying fees for services, many times over, are people I would be very wary of.

May be good today, but who knows what tomorrow brings.

Not pointing any one person out, just a generalization. For me, as I have stated before, I have dealt with someone who wanted PPG and I paid the fee, so they got what they wanted, and I felt better about things. I have probably received it before as well. I won't deny a payment for that, but I also won't state that any payment HAS to be PPG. To do so....well......I would rather not do that as PP provides a service that, if they didn't get fees, I wouldn't be able to use the service.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭
    How did we do online transactions before Paypal? Just go back to that. You are not required to use Paypal. Just because Paypal is easy if it's free, doesn't mean that we should cheat the system to get the easy method for free.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    I pride myself on being someone to trust and do safe transactions with.
    I play it fair and straight up. I speak my mind. I don't look for loopholes.

I also read many many many posts on these boards. I try to understand people. I would be very wary of anyone who prides themselves of finding loopholes and cheating a person, or company, out of recompense in the ways of fees.
    I will look at the whole issue, but when I see repeated patterns, I learn who I won't deal with. While it may be safe today, who's to say that something won't happen in the upcoming future when they decide that there was an issue with the transaction that they didn't like and do something that one would consider as a negative action? People that go for all the loopholes, are proud of not paying fees for services, many times over, are people I would be very wary of.

May be good today, but who knows what tomorrow brings.

Not pointing any one person out, just a generalization. For me, as I have stated before, I have dealt with someone who wanted PPG and I paid the fee, so they got what they wanted, and I felt better about things. I have probably received it before as well. I won't deny a payment for that, but I also won't state that any payment HAS to be PPG. To do so....well......I would rather not do that as PP provides a service that, if they didn't get fees, I wouldn't be able to use the service

I can understand the stance on this and can respect the point of view. If you feel it’s morally wrong then I don’t think anyone can disagree with that. The only thing I would ask is who gives you the impression that they pride themselves with finding a loophole? If you're implying me, two things. You're wrong and even if I did, how would you know? How can that determination be made when nothing has been said as such?
    If's is' just a comment generally made, my apologies for maybe taking it too personal.

Im not going to pay 3% and I'm not going to "use" PPG to circumvent PP. My point is I won't even consider a BST ad if it includes PPG as part of the deal. Red flag for me.

What I can’t understand is why not do business just because PPG was included in the payment options asked for, such as when regular PP, checks, money orders are also accepted by the seller. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what is being said.
    If the seller offers other accepted payments that you DO agree with as morally acceptable ways to essentially pay what it is you’re wanting to purchase, then what’s holding that person back from sending a check or using regular PP? Perceived deception? Deception of what? The seller is accepting what you want to do.
    Using regular PP provides the protection that you may want for whatever reasons felt needed too. A check does to some degree as well. I just can’t come to understand what the big deal is if the seller is abiding with the buyers wishes.

I'm not whining or complaining as some may jump to the conclusion of, I'm actually trying to learn to be a better, and even more trusted seller.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thread regarding Paypal and its position on the use of paypal gift (or what is now been reclassified as "friends & family") option.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    And there it is! Using PPG is NOT against their policy. Thank you grote15 for sharing this as I would've never seen it because I rarely frequent the USCF.

So again, in very simple summary since some of you have the attention span of a mouse as evidenced many times by clearly not reading EVERYTHING that is said in a post, all of you who've continuously harped about people who are doing something fraudulent by using PPG for a transaction, YOU ARE WRONG.
    Whether you feel it is still morally wrong because of some fictitious T&C agreement you interpret wrongly is your decision, but to accuse people of being shady and deceitful is clearly wrong and an apology should be forthcoming from all who've wrongly made these accusations.

Some comments from the thread grote15 provided:
    I figured if it were outright forbidden, they would have closed that supposed loophole long ago. yes, they would have.

You pay for goods and services when you want their buyer protection. If you don't care about that, then use gift. That's the way I've always done business on paypal. As long as the payment is coming from a checking account or Paypal balance, Paypal themselves say it's ok to use it to send a PPG payment.

consider it a 2.9% insurance premium Then the BUYER should pay for it if they so covet it, not the seller. If the seller offers payment that way, the buyer should take full advantage of it to have their piece of mind. Don't ask the seller to split it either, if you're the buyer, you want it, the seller doesn't. If the seller is willing to split the fee to make the sale, even more so should the buyer proceed.

They don't like it, but they realize it is part of the cost of doing business. Makes good business sense just like the barkeep who serves one up on the house once in awhile. I'll have another, thank you Sir. image

It's good to get clarification. However, for goods purchased, especially PM's, it would be a cold day in heck if I'd ever agree to a gift option as payment
    And that is certainly your choice, but don't call people who use it cheats and crooks.

I will do PP gift if I (believe) know the person. I would never do it on a blind purchase, even on the BST Of course, that's just plain common sense.

I could go on, but point has ben made.
  • Options
    The problem with services …. someone wants a cut for handling fees. And with PPG, the only guarantee is the bond of trust between the giver and the receiver.
    As for tithing, I don't tell the IRS how much I give to "HIS" services ( no preaching intended), because of the "left hand"/ "right hand" thing, and that's on "my honor" (a scriptural thing) … and nobody else's (am not to judge). And HE knows who HE puts on my heart before I do…. So that whole "gift" thing, as it were, is a farce for me in business. (separation of church and state here)

Now with business, if I ever get audited, I can't claim 'gifts" with transacting in business, so I don't mix the 2. That keeps me books simple. Why convolute this _ _ _ _ ?

However, this is not a moral dilemma, nor a legal issue for many or me. It's a discussion on "deceptive" practices of a company I happen to be a shareholder of. And for me, I don't view corporations as having "hidden" agendas. Especially those I have a vested interest in because of "sistering" through business/ commercial use.

THis is just me (as a business person) . Please do not take my words as judgement over/ of anyone else (nothing personal ) . I have to speak on my behalf and represent who I am.
    As to business… It's still "business, as usual".
  • Options

<< <i>And there it is! Using PPG is NOT against their policy. Thank you grote15 for sharing this as I would've never seen it because I rarely frequent the USCF.

So again, in very simple summary since some of you have the attention span of a mouse as evidenced many times by clearly not reading EVERYTHING that is said in a post, all of you who've continuously harped about people who are doing something fraudulent by using PPG for a transaction, YOU ARE WRONG.
    Whether you feel it is still morally wrong because of some fictitious T&C agreement you interpret wrongly is your decision, but to accuse people of being shady and deceitful is clearly wrong and an apology should be forthcoming from all who've wrongly made these accusations.

I figured if it were outright forbidden, they would have closed that supposed loophole long ago. yes, they would have.

You pay for goods and services when you want their buyer protection. If you don't care about that, then use gift. That's the way I've always done business on paypal. As long as the payment is coming from a checking account or Paypal balance, Paypal themselves say it's ok to use it to send a PPG payment.

consider it a 2.9% insurance premium Then the BUYER should pay for it if they so covet it, not the seller. If the seller offers payment that way, the buyer should take full advantage of it to have their piece of mind. Don't ask the seller to split it either, if you're the buyer, you want it, the seller doesn't. If the seller is willing to split the fee to make the sale, even more so should the buyer proceed.

They don't like it, but they realize it is part of the cost of doing business. Makes good business sense just like the barkeep who serves one up on the house once in awhile. I'll have another, thank you Sir. image

It's good to get clarification. However, for goods purchased, especially PM's, it would be a cold day in heck if I'd ever agree to a gift option as payment
    And that is certainly your choice, but don't call people who use it cheats and crooks.

I will do PP gift if I (believe) know the person. I would never do it on a blind purchase, even on the BST Of course, that's just plain common sense.

I could go on, but point has ben made. >>

The only thing from the other thread that is not "opinion" is the email from a paypal drone: "We are not encouraging our buyers to send Personal Payments for every item that they/you will purchase. The reason is because you will lose the eligibility to file a dispute with paypal." Note that the drone does not say it is OK to use Personal Payment for business transactions and keep in mind how many times info from an ebay or paypal drone has proven to be incorrect.

Fact remains that the actual agreement defines Personal Payment as "amounts sent between two individuals (not to or from a business) without a purchase. Examples of Personal Payments include sending a gift to a friend or paying a friend back for your share of a lunch bill."

The Agreement is not fictitious as you claim (it is posted on their website, unlike a drone email) and the above quote from it leaves no room for misinterpretation.

Quoting forum member opinion and an email from a paypal drone does not change what the agreement clearly says and it definitely does not vindicate anyone who is violating the terms of the agreement by using paypal Personal Payments for sales transactions. Continuing to fool yourself that you are doing nothing wrong does not make it OK. Those who choose to let you interpret the paypal agreement for them would be better served to read it themselves.

FWIW I once won a $2800 paypal claim because a drone told me it was OK to ship and that the paypal details pages that did not say OK to ship was only being delayed in updating to "OK to ship." I insisted on an email from paypal that said OK to ship and ended having to use the email against paypal to get my $2800 returned by paypal. Turns out the drone and email were wrong and the web page was correct, there was a problem with the payment being made to me.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See how much fuss this electronic money creates. imageimage

Go old school and just write a paper check. Lol

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>See how much fuss this electronic money creates. imageimage

Go old school and just write a paper check. Lol >>

At least checks don't leave tracks or tracks that are easy to follow.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

At least checks don't leave tracks or tracks that are easy to follow. >>

Checks are electronically processed, plenty of digital tracks. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Have your moral opinion and personal interpretation of whatever you think you agreed to, but know that PP advises against it, but it is NOT breaking any agreement by or with them. That's all I've been saying from post 1 about this.
    Just don't call people who may use PPG deceitful, crooks or of questionable character because you would be wrong in that summation (in most cases).
    I wont throw out the libel and/or slander charge, but we now know that's what it would be if those accusations were made.
  • Options

<< <i>Have your moral opinion and personal interpretation of whatever you think you agreed to, but know that PP advises against it, but it is NOT breaking any agreement by or with them. That's all I've been saying from post 1 about this.
    Just don't call people who may use PPG deceitful, crooks or of questionable character because you would be wrong in that summation (in most cases).
    I wont throw out the libel and/or slander charge, but we now know that's what it would be if those accusations were made. >>

Interpretation of the agreement is not necessary, it is clear in what it states. Per the agreement, making personal payments as payment for merchandise is in violation of the agreement.

Spin it any way you wish, but violating the agreement to save paying a fee is deceitful and by most definitions just plain dishonest. You can argue this forever, but as long as the agreement says what it says you are only fooling yourself.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

At least checks don't leave tracks or tracks that are easy to follow. >>

Checks are electronically processed, plenty of digital tracks. image >>

At my bank if I present one and get cash, it doesn't post to my account unless there is a problem. While the bank may have a record of it if you didn't know about the check, you would have a hard time knowing it happened.

Same for postal money orders. I haven't purchased one in years, but I don't recall that they logged it in when you bought one. If I sent one to you and only you and I knew the serial #, the USPS would be hard pressed to trace it without a manual search.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use your 2% cashback credit card and the fee is only 0.9%.

• Options

<< <i>And there it is! Using PPG is NOT against their policy. Thank you grote15 for sharing this as I would've never seen it because I rarely frequent the USCF.

I could go on, but point has ben made. >>

You do go on and on and on

We are all wired differently as is our internal moral compass............

If I understand correctly your business payment model is the following: PPG or PP with the buyer paying the 3.0%. I think that model sucks, it is unimaginative and short sighted but hey but if the shoe fits, wear it. If someone won't take my check or provide a no fee solution for the transaction then it's someone I would not want to do business with as a buyer. Your only no fee solution is PPG which is sketchy at best IMO. Pass.

Mark
  • Options
    Interpretation of the agreement is not necessary, it is clear in what it states. Per the agreement, making personal payments as payment for merchandise is in violation of the agreement.

Spin it any way you wish, but violating the agreement to save paying a fee is deceitful and by most definitions just plain dishonest. You can argue this forever, but as long as the agreement says what it says you are only fooling yourself.

Not so, stop spreading lies because of a personal opinion. Express your opinion, but don't misstate what is fact.
  • Options
    If I understand correctly your business payment model is the following: PPG or PP with the buyer paying the 3.0%. I think that model sucks, it is unimaginative and short sighted but hey but if the shoe fits, wear it. If someone won't take my check or provide a no fee solution for the transaction then it's someone I would not want to do business with as a buyer. Your only no fee solution is PPG which is sketchy at best IMO. Pass

I pass as well because you are being offered regular PP which is the underlying reason for the protection ultimately you want.