Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Let's get CDsNuts (Lee) un-banned

Dear Moderators,

Sure, he probably "swept the leg" one too many times, but I think many of us have done the same. CDsNuts has been a solid contributor to these boards for a very long time and brings a humorous edge when needed.

Make his timeout short please.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened?

I like Lee.
    Mike
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy Lee's tounge in cheek humor and knowledge and he's been stellar to transact with.

Hope this one's brief.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure but I do know that in one of threads Lee and another poster went toe-toe over a set that Lee had purchased from him. I do not remember the thread but something to do with the set being picked over before being sold to Lee.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please bring Lee back. We need a three strikes law for long time posters. Anyone who's survived at least 5 years on this forum has to have some value to these forums and has to be mostly well behaved to survive that long. There's a lot of sniper fire shot at us ole' timers by newbees, so we need a 'get out of jail' card or two over the years.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    If I had to guess.. it must have been over the "hypothetical 1990 Topps error packs/box" thread.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Aside from Lee's witty responses, he's brought a ton of knowledge to the forum as long as I've been a member. These boards would not be the same without him. May the powers that be have mercy on his soul.

"Put him in a body bag, Johnny. Yeah!"
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure but I do know that in one of threads Lee and another poster went toe-toe over a set that Lee had purchased from him. I do not remember the thread but something to do with the set being picked over before being sold to Lee. >>

I remember.

The thread was locked and then deleted. The OP asked if there's any junk wax worth future consideration.

I don't think that the Mods are feeling particularly generous right now - especially after the final post that was in the locked thread that's still here?
    Mike
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike. The Junk Wax Thread was it.
  • Options
    I would agree 100% Lee should be back as soon as possible. He is extremely honest, and knowledgeable (an asset to the board) I have witnessed this first hand on many occasions.

That said, how do I change to the body bag icon to show my support?

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    After revisiting the thread in question, I'd like to publicly request that Lee be "un-junked".
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would agree 100% Lee should be back as soon as possible. He is extremely honest, and knowledgeable (an asset to the board) I have witnessed this first hand on many occasions.

That said, how do I change to the body bag icon to show my support? >>

Click on your profile button at the upper right and where it says "Select the author icon you wish to use:", select bodybag3.
  • Options

<< <i>Please bring Lee back. We need a three strikes law for long time posters. Anyone who's survived at least 5 years on this forum has to have some value to these forums and has to be mostly well behaved to survive that long. There's a lot of sniper fire shot at us ole' timers by newbees, so we need a 'get out of jail' card or two over the years. >>

Totally agree John.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would agree 100% Lee should be back as soon as possible. He is extremely honest, and knowledgeable (an asset to the board) I have witnessed this first hand on many occasions.

That said, how do I change to the body bag icon to show my support? >>

Click on your profile button at the upper right and where it says "Select the author icon you wish to use:", select bodybag3. >>

Done thanks

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Could have happened to a nicer guy. He along with his protege Nam/Maurice love to prey on the newbies.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Please bring Lee back. We need a three strikes law for long time posters. Anyone who's survived at least 5 years on this forum has to have some value to these forums and has to be mostly well behaved to survive that long. There's a lot of sniper fire shot at us ole' timers by newbees, so we need a 'get out of jail' card or two over the years. >>

+1 - I'm heading to Washington DC (with a stop in Baltimore) in a couple of weeks. If I have the time I am going to try to stop at Lee's restaurant. PLEASE bring him back before that ... I don't want him taking it out on the food & liquid refreshments!!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had nothing but positive dealings with Lee over the years. I hope he is reinstated soon.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several quality posters are no longer here. I say bring them back. I wouldn't mind if they brought Carol back as well.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>Could have happened to a nicer guy. He along with his protege Nam/Maurice love to prey on the newbies. >>

I leave the board for a couple of years but some people never seem to change. And I'm not talking about CD or Nam.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee is great. He's always quick to chime in when people have questions and he's got a ton of knowledge about almost everything in this board's wheelhouse. Like myself, he has a propensity to be snarky when a member is being an idiot or talking out of their backdoor, but that just comes from him always trying to help and getting fed up when a few members are being counter productive to the community.

He smells though. Something fierce.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I thought I made some valid points on the other thread. This board IS being moderated. You need to treat people as you yourself would like to be treated. As much as everyone here seems to like Lee, he wasn't really a very nice person. He had qualities that would not be commendable nor desirable for people to have. He constantly downed and belittled people, and I think that is what the moderators are watching out for.
  • Options
    Obviously, it's PSA's board and they're free to do whatever they like with it. I'm in no way criticizing their actions.

But a funny thing has happened in this country: calling people out on their BS has somehow gotten turned into a "personal attack." I think a lot of people value the community here and the sharing of quality information. People read things on the board and aren't always able to differentiate the good sources from the bad sources, so a certain amount of "nope, that's BS" is required for the good of the community.
  • Options
    See...that is a matter of opinion. He was rude to me, and I had no BS whatsoever. But in HIS eyes, I was BS. So who made him judge, jury and the sole applier of the "BS" label?? In my eyes, HE was BS. But I was nowhere near as rude to him as he was to me.
  • Options
    There is a difference between having a debate with someone, and then bringing up personal attacks and name calling. No offense, but a lot of people in here have a hard time separating the two. I think that is what the mods are trying to curb. A debate is one thing. The name calling went out in grade school. There is another board, which I will leave nameless, where you can cuss, and act like Beavis and Butthead to your hearts content. I'm thankful it's not here.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought I made some valid points on the other thread. This board IS being moderated. You need to treat people as you yourself would like to be treated. As much as everyone here seems to like Lee, he wasn't really a very nice person. He had qualities that would not be commendable nor desirable for people to have. He constantly downed and belittled people, and I think that is what the moderators are watching out for. >>

Imma just gonna capture that here before Bobby edits it yet again.

Carry on.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Sigh.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're on the subject, I always wondered about something. What is the photo in Lee's profile from? Looks like a movie but I can't place it.
  • Options
    I don't know what you're referring to so I have to plead ignorance. But one thing I like about Lee is that you know where you stand with him. He doesn't backdoor someone by going to the mods and complaining.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
  • Options

<< <i>While we're on the subject, I always wondered about something. What is the photo in Lee's profile from? Looks like a movie but I can't place it. >>

Karate Kid
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

+1 - I'm heading to Washington DC (with a stop in Baltimore) in a couple of weeks. If I have the time I am going to try to stop at Lee's restaurant. PLEASE bring him back before that ... I don't want him taking it out on the food & liquid refreshments!!!!!!! >>

What is the name of his restaurant?
  • Options
    If you are insinuating I went to the mods, then you would be mistaken. Sorry...not my style. Usually when people get banned, it is their own doing.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469, no offense, but I have no idea who you are. I was simply making a general statement.
  • Options

<< <i>Could have happened to a nicer guy. He along with his protege Nam/Maurice love to prey on the newbies. >>

Lol and +1
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Lol and +1 >>

Alt says what?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Lol and +1 >>

Alt says what? >>

What does that mean?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

+1 - I'm heading to Washington DC (with a stop in Baltimore) in a couple of weeks. If I have the time I am going to try to stop at Lee's restaurant. PLEASE bring him back before that ... I don't want him taking it out on the food & liquid refreshments!!!!!!! >>

What is the name of his restaurant? >>

Diamondback Tavern
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Obviously, it's PSA's board and they're free to do whatever they like with it. I'm in no way criticizing their actions.

But a funny thing has happened in this country: calling people out on their BS has somehow gotten turned into a "personal attack." I think a lot of people value the community here and the sharing of quality information. People read things on the board and aren't always able to differentiate the good sources from the bad sources, so a certain amount of "nope, that's BS" is required for the good of the community. >>

great post.

Wanting people to get along all the time and the board to remain drama-free is a noble goal, but legislating that behavior isn't going to do it. That's just not real life. We have had a LOT of really good, contributing, knowledgeable members booted from here for speaking their mind. Booted for their inability to suffer the fools that have also found a home here. Unfortunately the fools stay and the guy who called out the BS, or was snarky, witty, cutting, sarcastic, and yes, even condescending in his truth-telling - he gets the boot. Sorry, but that doesn't seem right. Yeah, it's CU's playground and we have the privilege of playing in it, but legislating the color out of the discussions hasn't served made this place a better place to be.

Losing guys like Lee, and Scott, and Nick, and so many others is nothing but a detriment to this board. Those guys have forgotten more about this hobby than most of the deliberately obtuse will ever know. The knowledge lost (and freely given) has not been and will not be easily replaced. But rejoice, ye simpletons, rejoice. You "win" every time someone finally has enough and tells you what you need to hear, but refuse to accept. Continue to believe and proclaim that you're the victim. That's worked well for you so far.

My comments are my honest opinion, and I hope they don't get me booted. I value my place here in this community that I've called my main hobby home for the last 11 years. I truly believe that people should be allowed to honestly speak their mind, even if it ruffles the feathers of someone who desperately needs to hear the message.
  • Options

<< <i>Anthony555 writes: What does that mean? >>

You know exactly what I mean. Nick has been absent from these boards for 13 months. You've been here in this incarnation for 5. Hmm....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anthony555 writes: What does that mean? >>

You know exactly what I mean. Nick has been absent from these boards for 13 months. You've been here in this incarnation for 5. Hmm.... >>

Who is heck is Nick? Thanks for the attack...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Obviously, it's PSA's board and they're free to do whatever they like with it. I'm in no way criticizing their actions.

But a funny thing has happened in this country: calling people out on their BS has somehow gotten turned into a "personal attack." I think a lot of people value the community here and the sharing of quality information. People read things on the board and aren't always able to differentiate the good sources from the bad sources, so a certain amount of "nope, that's BS" is required for the good of the community. >>

great post.

Wanting people to get along all the time and the board to remain drama-free is a noble goal, but legislating that behavior isn't going to do it. That's just not real life. We have had a LOT of really good, contributing, knowledgeable members booted from here for speaking their mind. Booted for their inability to suffer the fools that have also found a home here. Unfortunately the fools stay and the guy who called out the BS, or was snarky, witty, cutting, sarcastic, and yes, even condescending in his truth-telling - he gets the boot. Sorry, but that doesn't seem right. Yeah, it's CU's playground and we have the privilege of playing in it, but legislating the color out of the discussions hasn't served made this place a better place to be.

Losing guys like Lee, and Scott, and Nick, and so many others is nothing but a detriment to this board. Those guys have forgotten more about this hobby than most of the deliberately obtuse will ever know. The knowledge lost (and freely given) has not been and will not be easily replaced. But rejoice, ye simpletons, rejoice. You "win" every time someone finally has enough and tells you what you need to hear, but refuse to accept. Continue to believe and proclaim that you're the victim. That's worked well for you so far.

My comments are my honest opinion, and I hope they don't get me booted. I value my place here in this community that I've called my main hobby home for the last 11 years. I truly believe that people should be allowed to honestly speak their mind, even if it ruffles the feathers of someone who desperately needs to hear the message. >>

I agree with you wholeheartedly but look at it from PSA's point of view: they're making no money off the board and it's provided as a courtesy. The mod definitely has more important things to do and probably got straddled with the responsibility as an add-on. So imagine having to sift through the malarkey and drama and deal with it on a daily basis. Ugh, no thanks. I would probably rule with an iron fist just to eliminate as much of the BS as possible.

My feelings in regard to this specific case aside, I think they show a remarkable amount of patience and fairness. Certainly more than I would be capable of.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    God forbid someone's feelings get hurt when the truth is told. As well, everyone has their own style. Some people are just too thin-skinned. What a great fairy tale life that everyone will rub their belly to make them feel good. If there is anything immature going on here, it is that people cant take criticism or be made responsible for their actions.

Like the person or not, when someone is a good contributor, it is a shame they are banned. Of course, being a good contributor is in the eye of the beholder. Some have a false sense of themselves being good contributors.

Anyway, Lee is a good contributor and has been for a long time. To me, that trumps one person getting their underpants in a bunch. Same can be said for some others who have been banned.

Yup.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought I made some valid points on the other thread. This board IS being moderated. You need to treat people as you yourself would like to be treated. As much as everyone here seems to like Lee, he wasn't really a very nice person. He had qualities that would not be commendable nor desirable for people to have. He constantly downed and belittled people, and I think that is what the moderators are watching out for. >>

Real classy kicking a person who can't be here to respond.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best people here. I hope this doesn't last long.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I was wondering why I saw Lee's icon on Stone's tag line in another thread?? Hopefully it is a temporary timeout!!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the other guy got banned also, thread was nothing but BS and people were eating it up...Lee calls it like he sees it and should not be banned...kinda certain he will pop back up...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...Lee calls it like he sees it and should not be banned...kinda certain he will pop back up... >>

Agreed. Hate to see the big contributors get hammered on here. He adds a lot of value in several areas.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...Lee calls it like he sees it and should not be banned...kinda certain he will pop back up... >>

Agreed. Hate to see the big contributors get hammered on here. He adds a lot of value in several areas. >>

Once again, big difference between adding value and attacking other members. Some users can't separate the two. Are there some members here who I think are complete dolts? Hell yes!! Do I attack them everytime they make a post? No. Some people seem to thrive on attacking others. That is what the mods are trying to cure, simple as that.
  • Options

<< <i>........You need to treat people as you yourself would like to be treated........ >>

Thanks for pointing this out bobby8469, and that is exactly how I conduct myself as well, but honestly, it isn't easy. What do you do when you know someone is doing something wrong, or when you see someone giving out wrong information?

All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options

<< <i>Real classy kicking a person who can't be here to respond >>

I am saying nothing no different than I would say if they were here. I am not attacking him. I have never attacked him. I have been the victim of his attacks numerous times. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it is the truth. Once again, treat others as you yourself want to be treated. If you have a difference of an opinion, then you can have a DEBATE. However, the belittlement and name calling and put downs of other members has been going on here for far too long. Debate ISSUES, not attack members!!
  • Options
    I run a business.
    1. in meetings I do not want to be the smartest person in the room.
    2. I want all view points.
    3. It needs to stay away from personal attacks..
    4. It is okay to agree to disagree but move forward.
    5. If some one needs a time out be clear why and tell them a set time and stick to it. Day, week, etc.
    6. If some one needs to be fired then they need to be fired.

I am new to the boards. Just my humble op