Home Precious Metals

The economic downturn in China will be the top story of 2015.

Comments

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chinese economy is in free fall presently.

The country is burning through wealth at an alarming rate.

Their GDP stats are manufactured. Unless you count demoing empty high rises and then rebuilding them to add those stats to the GDP as real.

They are losing their markets for cheap shoddy goods.

Did anyone notice that the decision to include their SDRs has been delayed?

The country is on a collision course to be tapped out at this rate within 24-36 months.

They played the game of being first to become lowest cost producer. When that gameplan fails it means you get to go BK first also.

The gibberish of them having the strongest currency, enormous gold reserves, fantastic trade balances and similar boasting will be just a faded memory within the next 24-36 months.

It's a country and culture that rightfully so, people are leery to do business with and this will only help to accelerate their death spiral.

Have a nice day
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Chinese economy is in free fall presently.

The country is burning through wealth at an alarming rate.

Their GDP stats are manufactured. Unless you count demoing empty high rises and then rebuilding them to add those stats to the GDP as real.

They are losing their markets for cheap shoddy goods.

Did anyone notice that the decision to include their SDRs has been delayed?

The country is on a collision course to be tapped out at this rate within 24-36 months.

They played the game of being first to become lowest cost producer. When that gameplan fails it means you get to go BK first also.

The gibberish of them having the strongest currency, enormous gold reserves, fantastic trade balances and similar boasting will be just a faded memory within the next 24-36 months.

It's a country and culture that rightfully so, people are leery to do business with and this will only help to accelerate their death spiral. >>

sounds a lot like a place much closer to home.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And if the Chinese stock market hits a new high in the 2-3 years then what of your analysis? >>

Like anyone else's analysis around here....I'd be wrong. For now, I'll go with the article posted above by Anne Stevenson-Yang which is endorsed by Mish and Lacy Hunt.

The OP's original premise was a "downturn." They never said crash. Recession....slower growth....no growth are all possibilities.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

<< <i>

<< <i>And if the Chinese stock market hits a new high in the 2-3 years then what of your analysis? >>

Like anyone else's analysis around here....I'd be wrong. For now, I'll go with the article posted above by Anne Stevenson-Yang which is endorsed by Mish and Lacy Hunt. >>

but it was on the internet. image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• hopsinhopsin Posts: 212
    The stock market and the economy are not the same thing. Everybody should realize this. Enough of the chicken little China talk. MGLicker's prediction was wrong, as were most of his. The only people defending him are those who share his delusional beliefs.
    Positive BST transactions with Timbuk3, coindeuce, charlottedude.

<< <i>The stock market and the economy are not the same thing. Everybody should realize this. Enough of the chicken little China talk. MGLicker's prediction was wrong, as were most of his. The only people defending him are those who share his delusional beliefs. >>

Like those that don't agree with him will do the opposite.

• hopsinhopsin Posts: 212

<< <i>

<< <i>The stock market and the economy are not the same thing. Everybody should realize this. Enough of the chicken little China talk. MGLicker's prediction was wrong, as were most of his. The only people defending him are those who share his delusional beliefs. >>

Like those that don't agree with him will do the opposite. >>

Those who don't agree with him accept reality. Those who agree with him don't.
    Positive BST transactions with Timbuk3, coindeuce, charlottedude.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China jumped the shark with their economy when they started building cities and malls that have no people in them. Used a lot of copper in the process tho'.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>China jumped the shark with their economy when they started building cities and malls that have no people in them. Used a lot of copper in the process tho'. >>

China was prepping for a growing middle class from US sales. They got blind sided by bad US economic policy decisions that tanked the US economy and US consumer spending. Velocity of money is your proof.

DDP - double die post

<< <i>

<< <i>

Like those that don't agree with him will do the opposite. >>

Those who don't agree with him accept reality. Those who agree with him don't. >>

They accept your reality. Does not make it real.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>#1: Germany leaves EU
    #2: COMEX defaults on delivery demand >>

derryb, your 2015 prediction, so far, is worse than MGL's.

<< <i>Those who don't agree with him accept reality. Those who agree with him don't. >>

I'm on board of not agreeing with any of MGL's far out nonsensical threads, I suppose that's one of the reasons, "he was laid out to pasture."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>#1: Germany leaves EU
    #2: COMEX defaults on delivery demand >>

<< <i>derryb, your 2015 prediction, so far, is worse than MGL's. >>

I stand behind the two future predictions. If not 2015 somewhere in the not too far off future.

The year is still young and the same worldwide fools are running the world economy. image

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread seems to have a fairly negative tilt on China with talk of crash and the like. So how does that fit in with the notion of China taking over the global financial reins in the near future?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>This thread seems to have a fairly negative tilt on China with talk of crash and the like. So how does that fit in with the notion of China taking over the global financial reins in the near future? >>

China's rapid ascent to the largest (or second largest, depending on your source) economy in the world has come to a screeching halt primarily because of the also rapid slowdown in consumption of Chinese manufactured goods. I expect China to continue it's efforts to become a major influence in world wide economic affairs as demonstrated by it's push to have the yuan included in the IMF SDR basket and it's move to stockpile gold reserves. Their desire to be a major player is definitely being hampered by weakened demand for their exports which in turn has weakened their demand for imports. China will never be able to take over the global financial reigns without a financial implosion occurring with the current handler of those reigns.

<< <i>China jumped the shark with their economy when they started building cities and malls that have no people in them. Used a lot of copper in the process tho'. >>

While that's true, at least they built something. The infrastructure is there for them to be used eventually...hopefully before they fall apart. The US is still spending hog wild too but most of it seems to go to wasteful programs or ones that are inefficiently run (SS, medicare, medicaid, military, HSD-TSA, pensions, debt service, ACA, education, research, etc.). We'd be better off with something tangible, even if not presently used, rather than nothing at all. The US already built suburbs and malls that have far fewer or no people in them today.

Attributable to Mr hopsin. Our resident pro chinese with no facts troll. I especially like the use of the word 'delusional'. A word you'd almost expect from a govt source advising chinese not to short stocks or they will get arrested.

Tell us Mr hopsin, what province were you born in.
    Have a nice day
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China is not one big story.

It's 1.4 billion little stories.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Got to give it to MGLICKER, he was spot on with this call.

Edit: Atleast the title is, not the rest of the post image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got to give it to MGLICKER, he was spot on with this call.

Edit: Atleast the title is, not the rest of the post image >>

We or at least I suspect's you was related to the McGlickerimage

Avid collector of GSA's.
    Shall we look at a few dots on the map?

China is trying to promote an internal consumer economy. Ain't working.
    They are devaluing the yen. Ain't working.
    They are burning through trade surplus reserves to prop up their stock market by liquidating paper assets. To the detrimate of the US. HeHeHeHe. Bad career move sir.
    They are expanding their presence in the South China Sea by fortifying shoals and small islands. Islands that U.S. Allies also share a claim of sovereignty. HeHeHeHe. Bad career move sir.
    China has hacked into numerous sensitive U.S. databases. Really bad career move sir.
    China has private citizens who have entered the U.S. under false pretense with the intention of harassing Chinese Nationals.

U.S. ammo and supply depot blow up in Japan. Hmmmm.
    811 Wilshire data server center blows up in L.A. Hmmmm..

4 major explosions have rocked China. Tianjin has a crater that mirrors a tactical nuk. Hmmm.

I'd say there is a pretty good chance the U.S. alphabet soup agencies have just about decided it's game on.

I never bet against Washington.

Have a nice day
    Any damage to the US economy by Chinese decisions are a direct result of failed Federal Reserve and US economic policy.

China is Wall St. and Washington's scapegoat for their own failures.

If in fact Chinese decision's can and do have a negative impact on the US economy, who's fault is that? image

The stock market is declining because efforts to increase debt to increase demand and investment has finally reached its limit.

The top economic story for 2015 has not yet occurred. It will be a Wall St. crash that will be blamed on China, and not correctly blamed on failed US monetary policy. The can is approaching a cul-de-sac.

Wall St. Parasites Have Devoured Their Hosts

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Glickerslifematters

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    They get them cyber wars screwing up my computer I'ma going get ticked off!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.

• << <i>We or at least I suspect's you was related to the McGlicker >>

Slightly offended but I'll shrug it off to a bad day in the markets image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    A wonderful method of bringing about regime change is to mess with a countries' currency. Perhaps the long fingers of the US are in Beijing?

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A wonderful method of bringing about regime change is to mess with a countries' currency. Perhaps the long fingers of the US are in Beijing? >>

Conspiracy?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A wonderful method of bringing about regime change is to mess with a countries' currency. Perhaps the long fingers of the US are in Beijing? >>

Conspiracy?
    image >>

Lotsa random explosions here.
  • meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They are devaluing the yen. Ain't working. >>

You mean the yuan?
    For as smart as China thinks they are, it's astonishing that they try to use price controls and blatant intervention. All that does is stoke fear and mistrust. China's actions are becoming quite harmful to China.

• bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    China has a lot of potential but they are taking a number of steps backward.

How ridiculous do they look for arresting a journalist saying he caused the market drop by stating basic facts. Yeah, I'm sure that will help. Doubtful the yuan will be truly competing with the dollar anytime soon, regardless of what the 0 hedgies say. Funny thing, any equivalent 0 hedge in China and many of the other fringe publications, would have already been shut down in the "Peoples Republic"

<< <i>

<< <i>They are devaluing the yen. Ain't working. >>

You mean the yuan? >>

Isn't auto correct wonderful?
    Have a nice day
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a second , markets in China are manipulated ?image

Boy its a good thing that can't happen here .image

or vise versa

• Good call Glicker, a brilliant mind taken away from us in the prime of his youth.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

HE>I

<< <i>Good call Glicker, a brilliant mind taken away from us in the prime of his youth. >>

Glick, is that you? image

<< <i>Good call Glicker, a brilliant mind taken away from us in the prime of his youth. >>

didn't old school glick have a mighty mouse avatar?image

<< <i>

didn't old school glick have a mighty mouse avatar?image >>

Ssshhhh.
    Have a nice day
    Remembered the password, image

<< <i>Wait a second , markets in China are manipulated ?image

Boy its a good thing that can't happen here .image >>

You can say that again. Sure glad the conspiracies are only allowed in China....lol

All those stock market "rescues" the past week or so have been due to J6P buying up the bargains.....all while the PPT is off enjoying their summer vacation. image
  • Nice try, but not Glicker. Take it to the bank

<< <i>Nice try, but not Glicker. Take it to the bank >>

Old school glicker's name wasn't pollywograncher i was just recalling he had a mighty mouse avatar. You are in the clear

"If the Glick does not fit, you must acquit "
    - Oilcan harry
    No conspiracy in China.

There's also supposedly shrinking gold demand in China according to some. Yet the Shanghai gold exchange, the source for all official and tracked Chinese gold imports is so far well ahead of the overall demand of the past 5 years. There was a 1 yr only dip in 2014. But now 2015 has exceeded the demand in 2010-2014. The US mint has pumped out 2X as many ASE's and 3X as many AGE's in June-August 2015 vs. the same period in 2014. Sure is some demand coming from somewhere. And this record US mint production is occurring at the same time they weren't getting enough planchets to keep the production line running. If 2015 continues on this same pace it will be another record year for ASE production, exceeding the last one set in 2014. The large differentials in the price of 90%, ASE's, and other silver products continues to far exceed spot pricing. Yup....no demand here. image

US mint AGE's and ASE's off the wall in June-August
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There's also supposedly shrinking gold demand in China according to some. Yet the Shanghai gold exchange, the source for all official and tracked Chinese gold imports is so far well ahead of the overall demand of the past 5 years. There was a 1 yr only dip in 2014. But now 2015 has exceeded the demand in 2010-2014. The US mint has pumped out 2X as many ASE's and 3X as many AGE's in June-August 2015 vs. the same period in 2014. Sure is some demand coming from somewhere. And this record US mint production is occurring at the same time they weren't getting enough planchets to keep the production line running. If 2015 continues on this same pace it will be another record year for ASE production, exceeding the last one set in 2014. The large differentials in the price of 90%, ASE's, and other silver products continues to far exceed spot pricing. Yup....no demand here. image

US mint AGE's and ASE's off the wall in June-August >>

The 2015 Vs. 2014 ASE sales during the June to Aug period (15.3M vs. 6.7M) are all the more impressive when you consider there was no rationing/allocation of ASE's going on in 2014 during those months. For each of the last 5-6 weeks the mint has sold out of their weekly allocation by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Just like there is no demand for stocks, eh roadrunner?

<< <i>Just like there is no demand for stocks, eh roadrunner? >>

Yeah, we only deal in absolutes around here, and only spew hyperbole, especially when (mis) quoting each other.
    But you knew that image

In another thread today, I read that the commodities swoon is Killing Australia. Killing. Really?

<< <i>

<< <i>Just like there is no demand for stocks, eh roadrunner? >>

Yeah, we only deal in absolutes around here, and only spew hyperbole, especially when (mis) quoting each other.
    But you knew that image

In another thread today, I read that the commodities swoon is Killing Australia. Killing. Really? >>

image was that me ? Maybe kills is a bit strong of a word but 3 of the big miners are in trouble . If the market price stays too far below the cost of getting it out of the ground its a problem . Demand for iron from Australia was mostly coming from China and China is pretty well screwed .