Home Precious Metals

The economic downturn in China will be the top story of 2015.

13»

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China is pretty well screwed

Is it?

I have a hard time following the meaning of colloquial phrases when applied to measurement of macroscopic fluctuations in relative values on national and global scales.

If it was done"pretty well", then they must have enjoyed it image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just like there is no demand for stocks, eh roadrunner? >>

There's always "demand" for them through the FED and PPT. You must have me confused with someone else. I've never said there was no demand for stocks. Good luck trying to prove otherwise. I said sometime in the past 2 weeks that this market could still be rescued and provide another higher high. But, I'm not betting anything on it. Bankster algo's have a very strong appetite for stocks...even if they only buy them with other people's money. Speaking of stocks, did you find your shares registered at Cede and Co? Any stock certs at home? If a major computer glitch/hack/poo occurred anyone know how to figure out who owns what? How many weeks or months would it take to sort it out? What would prices do in that time?

But we already know who said gold demand from the east has been in decline....even if it isn't true. image

Hey, the miners somehow managed to live through $252-$350 gold back in the 1998-2002 era. I suspect they're figuring out how to survive at $1,000 or even $700 gold as well. If you're worried about miners start thinking about BHP and Glencore to name just two of the biggest in the world. Read an article today about some junior miners starting to diversify into egg and marijuana growing....whatever it takes to survive.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never said there was no demand for stocks

And I, or no one else on this board said there was no demand for gold.

I'm glad we see eye to eye.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    College football season started tonight. All is good in my worldimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For as smart as China thinks they are, it's astonishing that they try to use price controls and blatant intervention. All that does is stoke fear and mistrust. China's actions are becoming quite harmful to China. >>

They are quick learners in free market enterprise. Who's playbook do you think they were following? They learned all this from us over the past several years.

If you substituted the U.S. For China you wouldn't be too far off circa 2007- 2015.

For as smart as the U.S. thinks they are, it's astonishing that they try to use price controls and blatant intervention. All that does is stoke fear and mistrust. The U.S. actions are becoming quite harmful to the U.S.

No one manipulates markets like we do. Unless providing artificial unlimited liquidity, weakening the currency for its benefit ( 2007-2012) and propping up markets doesn't count.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Yup Mark, in typical Chinese fashion, they are trying to copy everything. Lmao.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, the whole world is now pre-conditioned to expect something for nothing. It's kind of a problem.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup Mark, in typical Chinese fashion, they are trying to copy everything. Lmao. >>

I chuckled. They copied this a little too well. Great imitators, not great innovators that's for sure.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They copied this a little too well. Great imitators, not great innovators that's for sure.

Ditto that. They've begun to infiltrate our engineering firms. I just had the "pleasure" of raising hell about a job out on the street on bid document that was a complete hack job and would have caused some major and costly damage if the installation had taken place.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    The best cure for shoddy work is shoddy work.