Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Zombucks Series

edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

(l8-)>>

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the listed mintages (which seem quite high for a private mint item), this product line appears to have been a success for them.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Slayed
    Starving Liberty
    Dying Eagle >>

Thanks for the link.

Gotta be prepared......... image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just another way to part suckers with their cash

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Novelty rounds..... attracts a segment of collectors.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Macabre. I like 'em!

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Novelty rounds..... attracts a segment of collectors.... Cheers, RickO >>

They may be "novelty" items, but at least they aren't marked up much over spot price (unlike the "novelties" of another private minter who shall remain nameless image )...
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one or two of their Morgue Anne dollars. As silver rounds go, they really do a good job on their designs, and the dark humor is great.
  • Options

<< <i>just another way to part suckers with their cash >>

Huh? If I want to buy one of these then I will and I don't consider myself a sucker. I've even ordered some to give out to fellow WD Fans who will, without doubt, really appreciate them.

Maybe, just maybe, even start showing an interest in smart little designs minted onto hunks of otherwise drab metal objects............Sheesh!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Novelty rounds..... attracts a segment of collectors.... Cheers, RickO >>

They may be "novelty" items, but at least they aren't marked up much over spot price (unlike the "novelties" of another private minter who shall remain nameless image )... >>

You talkin 'bout the US Mint? image

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A litmus test for bad taste and poor judgement.

Those who pass on such offerings "pass" the test.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are sold as silver rounds with a small markup over silver melt value which makes them a decent deal for those who are interested in buying silver bullion. Now, what you said is very applicable to most US Mint offerings and most so called rare coins being retailed by coin dealers.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is this one doin ? Same bunch right?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A litmus test for bad taste and poor judgement.

Those who pass on such offerings "pass" the test. >>

Nothing like passing judgement on people you've never met based on them buying a hunk of silver with a design you don't like on it.

Keep it classy. >>

Actually, I bought the Copper Rounds at $1.74 each which, in actuality, is fairly cheap. The Silver Round was only $19.93, contains an ounce of silver and is a bit cheaper than a Silver Eagle which has the same design year in and year out. But then, I didn't purchase these as Numismatic collectibles. I purchased them because I simply wanted them. Kinda like that Big Mac I bought last week? I wanted it.

Or maybe my 55/55 Lincoln. I wanted it (and lost a little money on it I might add).

That's what I get for letting the masses decide what I should or should not buy! It's my money, my life and I buy what I like and want regardless of what other may "think".
    Because you see, I'm not THAT much of a Zombie. image

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    The flip on SBSS was two years ago, even then, ya had to sell six on ebay to get to keep a free one. Looked at my two remaining SBSS bullion today in the deposit box while searching for other stuff. My .02
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How is this one doin ? Same bunch right?

image >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This coin is not a Zombuck,,,,,,,,, similiar theme but not in The Zombuck Series.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Starving Liberty was released this morning.

Not a bad trinket for a buck 69.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>It's my money, my life and I buy what I like and want regardless of what other may "think".
    Because you see, I'm not THAT much of a Zombie. image >>

Good one.

The only "suckers" are the ones who don't think for themselves and blindly let someone else decide for them what they should buy.

<< <i>They may be "novelty" items, but at least they aren't marked up much over spot price (unlike the "novelties" of another private minter who shall remain nameless )... >>

Well, yes, I do have higher markups. But I've never minted more than about 2,000 of anything. The "Zombucks" have mintages that are 20 to 60 times more than my highest production.
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought two.
    What have I then become?
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A litmus test for bad taste and poor judgement.

Those who pass on such offerings "pass" the test. >>

Nothing like passing judgement on people you've never met based on them buying a hunk of silver with a design you don't like on it.

This.
  • Options

(l8-)>>

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    image >>

I like this one the best so far,,,,,

GrandAm image
  • Options
    I think I will double up on my usual order of (5) coins this time and do some Taco Bell Napkin wrap in the window and see how they tone up after a year or so?

GrandAm image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ok

I'd like it a lot with a longer blade

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Embarrassing for numismatics that these exist

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will it take for the date to wear off? image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Embarrassing for numismatics that these exist >>

Wow...I hadn't realized your clout.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been attarcted to these...before this one. I might have to pony up for a roll!
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put them right up there with Scottsdale mint pieces.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I predict next from zombucks, dead president silver rounds depicted as zombies on one oz rounds. Roosies, Kennedys and Ikes. Just a matter of time...
  • Options

<< <i>Slayed

image >>

Dang! I saw this thread and was just about to order the "Starving" and then realized that I already had ordered them.

I'm looking forward to "SLAYED" !

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    There's a long tradition of satire and sociopolitical commentary in medallic art. I would say
    these continue in that vein.

• Options

<< <i>There's a long tradition of satire and sociopolitical commentary in medallic art. I would say
    these continue in that vein. >>

Ya mean like this one:

imageimage

Or this one:

From THIS THREAD?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some will always criticize..... even when critical comment is not necessary. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad to the bone.............likey

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different strokes for different folks.....But I like them.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find these Zombucks a cool item and yes I do own one of em.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!!!image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Just placed my order, anxious to see these in-hand image

GrandAm image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Embarrassing for numismatics that these exist >>

This. >>

Do you feel the same way about vintage Trade Dollars which have been carved into "potty" dollars (which are highly-valued by some) ?
    Do you hold in disdain your fellow collectors who buy or like these "Zombucks" ?

A person is free to like to dislike anything. Personally, I'm not crazy about these. But I don't entirely dislike them either. I can see why somebody would buy them as novelty silver rounds.

I for one do not feel that I have the right or the duty to dictate what other people should collect.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Different strokes for different folks.....But I like them. >>

Agree. They're not for me since I'm not a fan of zombie TV shows and movies but I must admit the art work and execution are really top notch.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just placed my order, anxious to see these in-hand image

GrandAm image >>

Likewise...thanks for the heads-up. Similar to the SBSS bullion rounds (Silver Bullet Silver Shield)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an opinion, sorry if it struck a nerve.

If there is a place in someone's collection for these, hey, wonderful and fun for them, that's great

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

(l8-)>>

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone NEEDS these
    When the zombies rise and the apocalypse begins, your money won't be any good.
    Without a huge supply of these, you'll just be at the mercy of zombies - and nobody wants that. image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loose feathers make it look cartoonish

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this series, I love that the people creating them are making a little money at it, and I love it even more that some people don't like them.

The freedom to produce whimsical stuff that nobody really needs is alive and well in the USA.
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig them, gives my silver art round and art bar collection some variety from the common refiner, politics, famous people, animals, etc. and I predict they will be future classics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file