Home Precious Metals
Options

What will bust the World Stock and Bond markets!!!

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the stock market to drop, then you need to start praying for even lower rates, not higher.

I don't want stocks to drop, but I'd like to see them fairly valued, based on fundamentals.

That being said, the drop in a stock market such as this, with rates already low and possibly heading lower - only speaks to how over-pumped with QE money the market has been.

If, and when rates go up it should be in response to increased business activity and increased business investment. If rates were allowed to rise now, the business environment would get demonstrably ugly.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    but I'd like to see them fairly valued, based on fundamentals.

They are.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>but I'd like to see them fairly valued, based on fundamentals.

They are. >>

Best part about markets is we each get to value assets individually.

Smart folks make the money......less smart tend to lose money.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Looks like 1 day correction...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    WWIII
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a 19 day correction to me

The 5 wave expanded wedge pattern since June is a classic. It was projecting to SPY of 188. And that's already been exceeded. A 2nd smaller mid-September expanding wedge only added emphasis before the main drop projecting an initial move down to 190. Empire State Mfg index coming in at 6 today vice the expected 20 was the event that apparently triggered the 8:30 am dump.

On a weekly basis the selling is pretty overdone. But there are some huge divergences in play now.

Speaking of expanding wedges. GDX put in a 9 month one from Dec 2010-Sept 2011. Didn't work out so good.

GDX managed to linger around for 12 months following the initial high. That could take the S&P into fall 2015 before the final reckoning. The Dow has a 15 yr expanding wedge currently in play as well....it's either Dow 30,000 or Dow <10,000.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>but I'd like to see them fairly valued, based on fundamentals.

They are. >>

Best part about markets is we each get to value assets individually.

Smart folks make the money......less smart tend to lose money. >>

Logical and rational folks make money. Paranoid and emotional folks lose money.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I like how the MSM is focusing on the ebola scare in the U.S. as the cause of the Dow plunge and not the withdraw of QE by the Fed.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like how the MSM is focusing on the ebola scare in the U.S. as the cause of the Dow plunge and not the withdraw of QE by the Fed. >>

It's neither ... just a much anticipated and overdue correction. No conspiracy or mass manipulation. It just needed a catalyst to get it of the ground and it appears to be the EU & China.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like how the MSM is focusing on the ebola scare in the U.S. as the cause of the Dow plunge and not the withdraw of QE by the Fed. >>

Yesterday on CNBC's "Mad Money" Jim Cramer posted 10 things needed before stocks stabilize/move higher - QE and ZIRP were not even mentioned.

Just 2 years ago he had a segment describing the equity markets as "Extremely overbought". Haven't heard that line for a long time. Jim knows who writes his checks. He didn't become a multi-millionaire by biting the hand that feeds him.

• Options

<< <i>

It's neither ... just a much anticipated and overdue correction. No conspiracy or mass manipulation. It just needed a catalyst to get it of the ground and it appears to be the EU & China. >>

Zactly. Market had been running out of buyers for a few months. DOW 15,500 is likely target. Then probably another year in that trading range (15,000 to 17,000) until investors decide on whether TSHTF or TTM (to the moon).

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stocks were manipulated up. Reality is bringing them down.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stocks were manipulated up. Reality is bringing them down. >>

So were gold and silver before that? Oh, no, wait, it was reality that was bringing gold and silver up, and manipulation that brought them down, right?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>

So were gold and silver before that? Oh, no, wait, it was reality that was bringing gold and silver up, and manipulation that brought them down, right? >>

PM prices are nothing more than a reflection of confidence in the economy. Right now that confidence is high, right? Think it can hold?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

So were gold and silver before that? Oh, no, wait, it was reality that was bringing gold and silver up, and manipulation that brought them down, right? >>

PM prices are nothing more than a reflection of confidence in the economy. Right now that confidence is high, right? Think it can hold? >>

Ah, I think confidence was high at gold $300...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Once again, it's getting to be time to"sell in May and go away" image

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Once again, it's getting to be time to"sell in May and go away" image >>

The question is to sell what?
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Once again, it's getting to be time to"sell in May and go away" image >>

The question is to sell what? >>

apparently the mint got the memo and its all the 2015 first spouses... image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    If it is going to crash, it may happen after the 2016 election since you will have a new president in the office for four years to deal with it.
  • Options
    All this good economic news makes me want to call, "Top!"

However, don't what to join the chorus of those who shout it every day, and when it finally happens, they say "See? Seee?!? I was right all along" image

• Options
    October. IMF re-evaluates SDR currency basket make-up twice a decade. This time China wants in.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>October. IMF re-evaluates SDR currency basket make-up twice a decade. This time China wants in. >>

That would be awesome.

• Options
    China is the world's largest gold producer, does not export it, and continues to buy record amounts of gold from the west. China wants and foresees high gold prices. Follow their lead.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>China is the world's largest gold producer, does not export it, and continues to buy record amounts of gold from the west. China wants and foresees high gold prices. Follow their lead. >>

So, China has been supporting the market price for gold from going even lower since peaking in 2011? What will happen when they slow or stop buying? What about when they sell?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>China is the world's largest gold producer, does not export it, and continues to buy record amounts of gold from the west. China wants and foresees high gold prices. Follow their lead. >>

So, China has been supporting the market price for gold from going even lower since peaking in 2011? What will happen when they slow or stop buying? What about when they sell? >>

What about when they get to set the price where they want it? image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    There needs to be demand in order to set the price. Who's the buyer, India?

• Options
    two variables determine price. Demand is only half of the equation.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Markets set prices, not China, Bernanke, JPM, or cohodk (LOL).

• Options

<< <i>Markets set prices, not China, Bernanke, JPM, or cohodk (LOL). >>

or the Hunt brothers. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

or the Hunt brothers. image >>

Its quite obvious the market set prices not the Hunts.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

or the Hunt brothers. image >>

Its quite obvious the market set prices not the Hunts. >>

Buyers and sellers (including the Hunt Bros., China and cohodk) set prices, they are the market.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    But none of them sets the price, get it?

You seem to think the addition of the Chinese Yuan to the basket would make the dollar weaker. Could you explain whyyou think that, or am I just misguided (as usual, lol).

• Options
    Only a monopoly can "set" the price for something, as the monopoly will be the ONLY source.

Very few entities in an Aggregate market can even "move" the price, and once "They" do move the price, the rest of the market participants respond by altering their demand and price

• Options

<< <i>You seem to think the addition of the Chinese Yuan to the basket would make the dollar weaker. Could you explain whyyou think that, or am I just misguided (as usual, lol). >>

The addition of the Yuan to the basket will do two important things: It will give strength to the Yuan, at a cost to the dollar (and other basket currencies). More importantly it will give legs to the gold price, particularly if the Yuan gets some backing from all the gold China has been hoarding. I believe this backing is in the cards to add credibility to China's desire to have the Yuan included in the basket.

China wants their currency on the world stage. As the second (or first?) largest world economy it is a reasonable request.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    China wants their currency on the world stage. As the second (or first?) largest world economy it is a reasonable request.

Then why do they peg and otherwise fix the exchange rate instead of letting it float?

• Options
    I think the addition of the Yuan would weaken the global importance of the Euro and Yen. Since those currencies are nearly 3/4 the basket, the dollar would actually benefit.

No doubt China is clamoring for recognition, but having a billion man slave labor force is not going to cut it. China is at least a generation from being a dominant player. First they must fail.

• Options

<< <i>China wants their currency on the world stage. As the second (or first?) largest world economy it is a reasonable request.

Then why do they peg and otherwise fix the exchange rate instead of letting it float? >>

Maybe that's why they're hoarding gold. Unlike our FED we will not know what China is going to do until they do it. Don't get much jawboning out of them.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Maybe China accumulates gold because it has no confidence in its own currency.

• Options

<< <i>Maybe China accumulates gold because it has no confidence in its own currency. >>

China accumulates gold because it wants a seat at the big table. Having Yuan added to IMF SDR basket come October will do the trick.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    China Sets Up Gold Investment Fund For Central Banks

"For 17 consecutive quarters central banks have been net buyers of gold. 2014 saw central banks buying 477.2 tonnes of gold - the second highest volume in 50 years, second only to 2012. Western central banks are seeking to bolster their currencies by securing their gold reserves as the end game of unpayable gargantuan debt approaches."

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Greek default oughta do it. It will spike the dollar index taking down commodities and equities.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    And how severe would that "bust" be? 2%, 5%, 20%, 36d%, 50%?

• Options

<< <i>And how severe would that "bust" be? 2%, 5%, 20%, 36d%, 50%? >>

36d

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe China accumulates gold because it has no confidence in its own currency. >>

China accumulates gold because it wants a seat at the big table. Having Yuan added to IMF SDR basket come October will do the trick. >>

Oh yeah, 2015, every 5 years there's a rebalancing of the "basket." This rebalance could be significant for China. I wonder what the percentage per country outcome will be this time around.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    WWIV as we are already in WWIII. It is known locally as the war on terror
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>And how severe would that "bust" be? 2%, 5%, 20%, 36d%, 50%? >>

36d >>

My favorite!!! You see, you aint that different from me. image

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Whatever and whenever a "bust" occurs, it will be
    a result of something that isn't being mentioned today.
  • Options
    Oh, I dunno..

• Options
    Without an end to the economic world as we know it, the two won't bust at the same time, they are viewed as hedges against each other. If all the money runs from both of them, PMs will shine like the sun in a world of economic/social darkness.

- Nick Giambruno