Home Precious Metals
Options

What will bust the World Stock and Bond markets!!!

Comments

• Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>interest rates >>

The ECB has set interest rates to a negative value! When if ever the interest rates go up any amount Im sure we will see the world economy implode.
  • Options
    Be Prepared for another American Hit, as there are 6000 Middle Eastern Students that have entered the country and have not reported to their schools. The US has no idea as to their whereabouts. Policing our streets is our responsibility, this is our country. Many will be in the Medical Field, scary! Others will be looking for great opportunities to turn this country upside down.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>There was a time when a reasonable profit was enough >>

You can't be serious with that statement, unless you lived your life in a "glass house." >>

Entirely serious. I remember a different America than you do. One nothing like what we see today. Perhaps you should study the "Morality of Profit".

image >>

I must have been asleep for 72 years, but I don't recall it being any different, just disguised and not as obvious. Perhaps you should study, just to name a few:John D. Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and J.P. Morgan.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Be Prepared for another American Hit, as there are 6000 Middle Eastern Students that have entered the country and have not reported to their schools. The US has no idea as to their whereabouts. Policing our streets is our responsibility, this is our country. Many will be in the Medical Field, scary! Others will be looking for great opportunities to turn this country upside down. >>

I don't think that the 6,000 are from the Middle East but maybe I heard wrong? I believe they are from many of the usual countries we offer student visas for.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    I look at all that enter this country and then disappear as an enemy and a threat to this Nation. If they come by the thousands each year they lay dormant for years until they are large enough to cause an all out war, or destruction of this nation, in numbers we will not be able to deal with. I do not want my country torn up like Iraq or Afghanistan. We are not a third world country Yet...But every day we get closer! They worry about the Mexicans, hell at least they will fight and die for this country. What do these Middle East people want but total destruction of our way of life...remember you take the Heart Land you take America!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do not want my country torn up like Iraq or Afghanistan

And you won't. Do the common citizens of those countries own firearms?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i do not want my country torn up like Iraq or Afghanistan

And you won't. Do the common citizens of those countries own firearms? >>

.....and it is a daily battle to preserve that Right!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking "ZERO SUM" returns or governmental controls that will shut them down ?

Terrorists and Jesus, as well as politicians have tried. It doesn't seem to stop the "markets" from buying , selling, or trading.
  • Options

<< <i>Are we talking "ZERO SUM" returns or governmental controls that will shut them down ?

Terrorists and Jesus, as well as politicians have tried. It doesn't seem to stop the "markets" from buying , selling, or trading. >>

Markets always trade. Question is.....at what values?
  • Options
    Our young people are dying for someone else's cause. Each day goes by and one of our young people dies. How many have died since 2002. I am getting old now, I can pull a trigger, what happens when our old people out number our young. Where will the physical strength come from. We need our young people, they are our wealth and our future. Black White or Brown they are ours,
  • Options

<< <i>Our young people are dying for someone else's cause. Each day goes by and one of our young people dies. >>

Each is a tragedy and will always be remembered for honor, sacrifice and heroism. A heroism which is earned by putting on the uniform of our military.

Someone else's cause quickly becomes our cause. Examples are 9/11 and WWII. In the later, 14,000,000 soldiers enlisted and were drafted and many came home injured or in body bags. As or more importantly, we had energetic and decisive leadership that brought us to a relatively speedy and decisive victory.
  • Options
    MGLICKER, My Uncle was one of those. My father made it home safe. Our Involvement should not be unless we are directly attacked. Which WWII we were attacked at Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941. Twin Towers, Manhattan, NY. September 11, 2001. Never shall be forgotten. Problem is this country is not being protected at the points that should be highly guarded. Bring our people home and let them guard the borders the airports and all ports of entry.
  • Options

<< <i>Our young people are dying for someone else's cause. Each day goes by and one of our young people dies. How many have died since 2002. I am getting old now, I can pull a trigger, what happens when our old people out number our young. Where will the physical strength come from. We need our young people, they are our wealth and our future. Black White or Brown they are ours, >>

You make it sound like 100,000 die every day and there are no babies being born ever again. The USA is one of the few 1st world countries with a growing population. The future is very bright, especially compared to countries with declining or aging populations like Japan and Germany.

• Options
    If they continue to come in here and disappear and build their forces, new born babies are not going to do us any good. Our population is aging and with an attack larger than September 11th, this country could be turned upside down.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Our young people are dying for someone else's cause. Each day goes by and one of our young people dies. >>

Each is a tragedy and will always be remembered for honor, sacrifice and heroism. A heroism which is earned by putting on the uniform of our military.

Someone else's cause quickly becomes our cause. Examples are 9/11 and WWII. In the later, 14,000,000 soldiers enlisted and were drafted and many came home injured or in body bags. As or more importantly, we had energetic and decisive leadership that brought us to a relatively speedy and decisive victory. >>

Are you suggesting that with the "right" leaders we could solve today's military problems? What we faced in WW2 and what we face today are vastly different.
  • Options

<< <i>If they continue to come in here and disappear and build their forces, new born babies are not going to do us any good. Our population is aging and with an attack larger than September 11th, this country could be turned upside down. >>

So overdramatic. What are you personally afraid of.

What is the average age in this country?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balkanization isn't helping our Republic.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Overdramatic, I don't think so...to be caught asleep at the wheel is a deadly mistake...If we do not think September 11, 2001 was a calling card as to what is to come. The next time will be very detrimental. You want to recall December 7, 1941, it was deadly that almost destroyed our entire Navy, and the lives that were lost. September 11, used our own Planes to take down the twin towers...that is so unbelievable....Yet they come into this country and disappear...Yeah we all have a lot to fear! I want the America my forefathers fought and died for....If there is going to be a war on these grounds our Military needs to be home...not in someone else's yard defending people who should fight their own battles. Anyone fight for us HELL NO!
  • Options
    Yes, big time overreaction. You say there are no young people. Did you know that almost 24% of the population is under 18? Thats almost 80 million people. Thats more than the entire population of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan combined. Thats more than the entire population of Iran.

I understand your frustration, but please keep things in context. It will help you see more rationally and logically. BTW--I am 100% confident there will be a terrorist attack in the USA. But it will not destroy America or our way of life.

• Options

<< <i>Yes, big time overreaction. You say there are no young people. Did you know that almost 24% of the population is under 18? Thats almost 80 million people. Thats more than the entire population of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan combined. Thats more than the entire population of Iran.

I understand your frustration, but please keep things in context. It will help you see more rationally and logically. BTW--I am 100% confident there will be a terrorist attack in the USA. But it will not destroy America or our way of life. >>

You can thank the CIA, NSA, Special Ops and countless unknown shadow agencies, that a repeat of 9/11 has not occurred.
  • Options
    War use to be where you knew who the enemy was, and had rules. Now we don't, not exactly. they look like you and me, and some are home grown. We are all Americans here and want what is best for us all. I just don't want us to be asleep at the wheel again. We are at a point where we have to borrow Trillions of dollars to keep the government from shutting down. When have we ever been this none self sufficient, the DEEP DEPRESSION. I know we are America we can make anything happen! You wanted to know what would bust the World Stock and Bond markets, another attack on the United States of great magnitude. I know it is all close to our hearts and our minds what we are dealing with. I hope the CIA, FBI have learned from the past and it never happens again. I also hope people become more observant and report any activities by others that does not seem normal.
  • Options

Ask yourself how and why, in just one generation, we went from a country that had no qualms about killing 100,000 civilians in the blink of an eye to one that called our soldiers baby killers and spit on them on their return.

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>War use to be where you knew who the enemy was, and had rules. >>

In terms of pure risk, the constant threat of nuclear armageddon from 1950-1989 was much more threatening than any attempted terrorist attack today, by many many orders of magnitude. If you stop worrying so much about 'they' and 'them' (and exposing yourself to news outlets that have a vested interest in increasing your fear levels), you'll live a richer, happier life.

Also, you do realize that you're asking the USMIL to come home to prevent terrorist attacks from the same people that they've gone abroad to pre-emptively fight in order so that 'they' don't come here in the first place, right?
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ask yourself how and why, in just one generation, we went from a country that had no qualms about killing 100,000 civilians in the blink of an eye to one that called our soldiers baby killers and spit on them on their return. >>

Taking the Pledge of Allegiance outta public schools and to much media. That was a 20 year span from WW2 until Vietnam now 40 years ago. 9/11/2001 was 13 years ago. We are still at war as long as there is a threat.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ask yourself how and why, in just one generation, we went from a country that had no qualms about killing 100,000 civilians in the blink of an eye to one that called our soldiers baby killers and spit on them on their return. >>

Taking the Pledge of Allegiance outta public schools and to much media. That was a 20 year span from WW2 until Vietnam now 40 years ago. 9/11/2001 was 13 years ago. We are still at war as long as there is a threat. >>

You're implying that we should return to the days of blindly supporting overseas civilian slaughter if/when it occurs by our armed forces, through indoctrination of our children? Hot take, that. And Orwell would certainly be proud of your perpetual war thesis. 2 points:

1) pledge was still in schools during vietnam war.

2) the whole 'spit on soldiers' thing was proven to be a myth.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks that 9-11 or the multitude of depraved and deranged terrorists equals the real gravity of the the threat that world war one or two equaled, does not have a very good grasp of perspective or reality, imo. History tells us that, But that's what terrorists and the malevolent want you to believe, but paranoia and fear overwhelm reason in the human condition, now just like they have in the past, so that's nothing new.

Thank goodness, there's Prozac and electro shock therapy though ...
  • Options
    For them to come here! They are here among us. If you don't believe it then there is something missing in your thinking. They have been here in the thousand since 2000. Their population is growing every year. When 6000 people enter this country and disappear, why do they disappear and where do they disappear to? When they are as sneaky as they have been in the past, they can do a lot of damage. They have money and they have connections. A lot of their money comes from the good ole USA....Been to a City hospital, that is who you see, they go in for every cough and sneeze on your dollar. They eat on your dollar. They pay their rent on your dollar. All thanks to the good ole USA.
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen, give a big hand to Michael Douglas from Falling Down. We'll take a short break, and return with Michael Richards!
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

but paranoia and fear overwhelm reason in the human condition

If you stop worrying so much about 'they' and 'them' (and exposing yourself to news outlets that have a vested interest in increasing your fear levels), you'll live a richer, happier life.

Obviously image as I've said the same on here many times, but not nearly as many times as someone said "they" in a previous post (14!)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    You're implying that we should return to the days of blindly supporting overseas civilian slaughter if/when it occurs by our armed forces, through indoctrination of our children? Hot take, that. And Orwell would certainly be proud of your perpetual war thesis. 2 points:

1) pledge was still in schools during vietnam war.

2) the whole 'spit on soldiers' thing was proven to be a myth.

Your comment seems to say that you know exactly what is going on in the conflicts around the globe. Frankly, every "news source" has their own agenda, and for the most part it doesn't involve the truth.

I disagree with the implication that the pledge has anything to do with blindly supporting overseas civilian slaughter by our armed forces. Mistakes are made in war, but some things are known - for instance the use of children and women to shield military installations is a war crime that is commonly used by aggressors in hopes of creating useful propaganda. There is genocide occurring right now in Iraq that our military has exactly no hand in.

The spit on returning soldiers on return from Vietnam was no myth. Wherever you got that notion is supplying you with complete garbage, and worse - you are spreading it. For what purpose?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i> Your comment seems to say that you know exactly what is going on in the conflicts around the globe. Frankly, every "news source" has their own agenda, and for the most part it doesn't involve the truth. >>

That's why it's essential to view many sources even-handedly, or spend time in the conflicts themselves. I'm just as much at home on ZH as I am on al-Jazeera and the BBC and local media when I'm not in the field. Can you say the same?

<< <i>I disagree with the implication that the pledge has anything to do with blindly supporting overseas civilian slaughter by our armed forces. >>

Was the other poster's assumption, not mine. I don't have a huge problem with the pledge myself.

<< <i>Mistakes are made in war, but some things are known - for instance the use of children and women to shield military installations is a war crime that is commonly used by aggressors in hopes of creating useful propaganda. There is genocide occurring right now in Iraq that our military has exactly no hand in. >>

Agreed.

<< <i>The spit on returning soldiers on return from Vietnam was no myth. Wherever you got that notion is supplying you with complete garbage, and worse - you are spreading it. For what purpose? >>

Just because one soldier may (or may not) have been spit on doesn't mean it was a pattern or even related to the war. This myth has been so thoroughly debunked I won't even bother with providing sources. You have the google, you can do it yourself.

• Options
    I'm just as much at home on ZH as I am on al-Jazeera and the BBC and local media when I'm not in the field. Can you say the same?

You surely know the answer, and we both know what Al-Jazeera is.

This myth has been so thoroughly debunked I won't even bother with providing sources.

Garbage, and you believe it. The actual veterans say otherwise. I saw the vitriol myself. It's not news.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    what's al-jazeera? this should be interesting.

one magic loogie.
  • Options
    You do not think that a war as great as WWI or WWII can not happen on this land! You are wrong. The CIA and the FBI can only do their jobs based on the information people give them. Ordinary people play an important part in the security of their country. Everyone is needed to secure it. No I do not walk in fear, never have and never will, but I am alert as to what is around me. Sitting on the computer all day long does not give an appropriate view of what is going on in our country or the world. Go out and experience life it is a beautiful world1
  • Options

<< <i>Sitting on the computer all day long does not give an appropriate view of what is going on in our country. Go out and experience life it is a beautiful world1 >>

Agreed! And I'd change 'our country' to 'any country'.
  • Options
    I have been to Greece and Germany this year so I get a pretty good view. I did add the world to that statement.
  • Options

<< <i> I'm just as much at home on ZH as I am on al-Jazeera and the BBC and local media when I'm not in the field. Can you say the same?

This myth has been so thoroughly debunked I won't even bother with providing sources.

Garbage, and you believe it. The actual veterans say otherwise. I saw the vitriol myself. It's not news. >>

I wore Marine Corps green from '66-'70, I don't remember any displays of animosity by civilians toward me or the uniform.
  • Options

<< <i> I'm just as much at home on ZH as I am on al-Jazeera and the BBC and local media when I'm not in the field. Can you say the same?

Garbage, and you believe it. The actual veterans say otherwise. I saw the vitriol myself. It's not news. >>

I wore Marine Corps green from '66-'70, and while we would go to great lengths to avoid going on liberty in uniform, I don' remember any personal displays of animosity towards me.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wearing red, white and blue boxers apparently skews one's objectivity.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
  • Options
    Read the comments in any of the sources from your little Google search. Sure, not every returning vet was spit on - and nobody made that statement. But it happened more than once. You don't have to believe me. Read the comments by vets.

what's al-jazeera? this should be interesting.

Oh, you mean Al Gore's Current TV deal? No real difference between that and what Biden's son is doing in Ukraine as a board member on their largest natgas company. Using political power for personal gain - one of the most common failings in politics, and quite a nasty failing at that.

I must admit that they do a much more professional job of reporting than MSNBC ever did, but their agendas are identical. If you don't think that the US Constitution is the highest form of evolution in governance ever conceived, then you really don't know what al-jazzera is.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I remember when they were called baby killers and spit on. It was not right when they were drafted and sent by the United States to fight a war that never should have been. Had nothing to do with us. All it did was fill politicians pockets full of money...many Americans died in vain! Still don't know what that war was all about other than the French walked out and we walked in.
  • Options

In any case, it is evident that the generation after the end of WW2 has had a profound influence on how war is fought today.

These ISIS punks are nothing more than the product of a failed religion. A religion that has fought with everyone since religions were created.

When we came home we were the enemy, I think. I felt like we were the enemy. That
    really hurt…..Terry Tople, Machinegunner, 9th Infantry Division.

• Options
    The ISIS punks are the result of someone else's meddling.

The business of selling and financing war machinery is what has had a profound influence on how war is fought today.

Somehow I feel the above two topics are very closely related.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>Still don't know what that war was all about other than the French walked out and we walked in. >>

How old are you? You're coming across like a 9th grade High Schooler with your remarks.

The French did not walk out, they were kicked out. Beaten by the Viet Min, seeking independence from France, at Dien Bien Phu in 1954. At that time it was a French Colony called French Indochina. Afterwards via an armistice agreement, Vietnam was partitioned into two countries, North (Communist) and South (not communist). Keep in mind, this was during the cold war era. We did not get militarily involved to any great degree until 1961 when Kenned send 400 United States Army Special Forces personnel to South Vietnam. This has been a brief and compacted history lesson to you...Gratis libre.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

ISIS is only allowed to execute americans on live TV because that suits the outcome that our leadership wants.

Who supports ISIS ? Saudi Arabia ,Qatar, UAE? We consider those 3 countries to be allies . If we turn a blind eye to that support then we support ISIS and also .

They were our friends when they were attacking Assad , we armed and trained them . Well one or 2 of our 3 letter agencies operating in secret in turkey or Iran or wherever . Now we don't like them anymore I guess. The enemy of my enemy is my friend or possibly also an enemy ,maybe , unless they have oil which is important , or opium which is important too ,obviously we need that.

These ISIS fellas are the guys last summer that were making videos in Syria of cutting dead peoples hearts out and chomping on them as I recall. Not a lot was made of that because they were on our side at the time.

• Options
    OPA, that is right, I still don't know why the United States stuck their nose in where it did not belong! I know the history just don't understand the reason or reasons why!
    Got our butts kicked too, didn't we!

I could sit here an call you names and act a bully, but I am above it OPA!

"How old are you? You're coming across like a 9th grade High Schooler with your remarks.

The French did not walk out, they were kicked out. Beaten by the Viet Min, seeking independence from France, at Dien Bien Phu in 1954. At that time it was a French Colony called French Indochina. Afterwards via an armistice agreement, Vietnam was partitioned into two countries, North (Communist) and South (not communist). Keep in mind, this was during the cold war era. We did not get militarily involved to any great degree until 1961 when Kenned send 400 United States Army Special Forces personnel to South Vietnam. This has been a brief and compacted history lesson to you...Gratis libre. "

I also attended a Marine's full dress funeral when I was a kid, I remember it like it was yesterday.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    I posted this in another thread but it fits in here just as nicely.

Economist Robert Shiller applies his metrics to the stock market.
  • Options
    a global financial crisis oughta do the trick:

"With the Fed, ECB, Bank of Japan, Bank of China, Bank of England, and virtually every central bank on the planet all engaged in emergency tactics of some sort, with loans made that cannot possibly be paid back, with Japan off the deep-end in Abenomics, with covenant-lite junk bonds again on the rampage in the US and starting to gear up in Europe, with derivatives and unfunded liabilities in the trillions of dollars, and with the ECB recklessly pursuing ways to stimulate lending amidst major structural flaws with the euro, how the hell can there not be a global financial crisis of some sort? - Mike Shedlock

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>image

Thats a pretty good trend you are trying to fight. Interest rates will rise when economic activity increases. Increased economic activity will mean increased corporate profits. Increased profits will cause money to flow into the stock market and out of bonds (which is why rates will increase in the first place).

However, rates in the US cannot rise without like rises in rates throughout the rest of the world. So when will rates rise in Germany, Australia, Brazil, China, Great Britain? If there is a 300 basis point spread in yields from Germany to the US then MASSIVE amounts of money will come into the US. This would lead to inflation---in assets such as stocks, real estate and bonds. The US dollar would strengthen.

If you want the stock market to drop, then you need to start praying for even lower rates, not higher. >>

If you want the stock market to drop, then you need to start praying for even lower rates, not higher.

imageimage