Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2015 Topps Heritage

Comments

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately Walt, you are probably right. There's what I hope is the right thing to do, and then there is what Topps does.....

Three days away and not the usually hype. We must be getting old.

Heritage is 15 years in, I jumped in 10 years ago, hard to believe I've been collecting Heritage for a decade.. No sense in stopping now.
  • Options
    Hello Heritage friends! I'm back for another year (beating???) and hope everyone gets their product on time with no issues. I look forward to seeing pics of all of your great pulls! To get your Heritage juices flowing, I have posted all of the 2015 Topps Heritage odds on my blog. Here it is:

My Baseball Card Blog

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Great Blog (as always).

What do the odds tell us about the production run and how it compares to other years?

Who crunches the numbers?

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    I just looked at the autograph checklist again and felt sick....oh well. I need some of this now. I really think this is the year I pull a triple autograph. Anyone
    notice that Jim Palmer isn't on the auto checklist?

In other news, long time heritage signer Minnie Minoso passed away today. He is the 17th player in the original 2001 autograph checklist to pass away.

W
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In other news, long time heritage signer Minnie Minoso passed away today. He is the 17th player in the original 2001 autograph checklist to pass away.

W >>

RIP Minnie. Have pulled a couple of Heritage Minnie auto's over the years. Seem to remember one being a 2008 possibly.
  • Options
    Real One Autographs Set Checklist

48 cards

PARALLEL CARDS: Special Edition Red Ink #/66

ROA-AG Aubrey Gatewood - California Angels
    ROA-AK Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
    ROA-AM Art Mahaffey - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-AP Albie Pearson - California Angels
    ROA-AS Aaron Sanchez - Toronto Blue Jays
    ROA-AST Al Stanek - San Francisco Giants
    ROA-BF Bob Friend - New York Yankees
    ROA-BH Bryce Harper - Washington Nationals
    ROA-BR Bobby Richardson - New York Yankees
    ROA-BRO Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
    ROA-BS Bob Sadowski - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-BW Bill Wakefield - New York Mets
    ROA-CCC Choo Choo Coleman - New York Mets
    ROA-CS Chuck Schilling - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-CW Carl Warwick - Baltimore Orioles
    ROA-DB Dellin Betances - New York Yankees
    ROA-DS Dick Stigman - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-EB Ernie Bowman - New York Mets
    ROA-EBR Ernie Broglio - Chicago Cubs
    ROA-FC Frank Carpin - Pittsburgh Pirates
    ROA-FK Frank Kreutzer - Washington Senators
    ROA-FM Frank Malzone - California Angels
    ROA-GB Greg Bollo - Chicago White Sox
    ROA-GK Gary Kroll - Houston Astros

ROA-GR Gordon Richardson - New York Mets
    ROA-JAC Jack Cullen - New York Yankees
    ROA-JB Javier Baez - Chicago Cubs
    ROA-JC Joe Christopher - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-JD Jim Dickson - Kansas City Athletics
    ROA-JG Joe Gaines - Houston Astros
    ROA-JGE Jim Gentile - Houston Astros
    ROA-JH John Herrnstein - Philadelphia Phillies
    ROA-JM Juan Marichal - San Francisco Giants
    ROA-KH Ken Hamlin - Washington Senators
    ROA-LB Lou Brock - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-MB Mike Brumley - Washington Senators
    ROA-MK Marty Keough - Cincinnati Reds
    ROA-MR Mariano Rivera - New York Yankees
    ROA-OC Orlando Cepeda - San Francisco Giants
    ROA-PN Phil Niekro - Milwaukee Braves
    ROA-RC Roger Craig - Philadelphia Phillies
    ROA-RCA Rusney Castillo - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-RH Ray Herbert - Philadelphia Phillies
    ROA-RN Ron Nischwitz - Detroit Tigers
    ROA-SC Steve Carlton - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-SK Sandy Koufax - Los Angeles Dodgers
    ROA-SM Shelby Miller - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-TS Tracy Stallard - St. Louis Cardinals.

• Options
    Auto selection is very weak overall. And the odds are twice as worst as last year. In fact, you are not guaranteed a real one auto in a case based on odds.

If I get one, it will probably be Choo Choo Coleman.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I'd been dragging my feet, but finally went to D&A yesterday to preorder 4 boxes, and they're no longer available.

I'm wondering if that's a blessing in disguise now.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    So, have you ever tried going cold turkey for any addiction? I tried it , it hasn't taken. My wife ends up buying me a box or 2 every year and pulls me right back in. This is the 1st year in 3 that I've ordered a
    case though. I got thinking of this thread and had to sneak back.

Hello to all of the old crew and to all whom I haven't talked with before
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Heritage will get real hot over the next week. This isn't the best time to try to get a good price. Unfortunately topps knows this. If you can wait a few weeks
    the price should be better, but then again what fun is that? Wednesday can't get here fast enough.

So what is everyone collecting? Master set? Chrome? Grapes (if they exist). I will be looking to pick up autographs, black chrome and rarer Ryan Howard.

It will be good to make some trades. Has Jim Parker and Geordie stopped by yet?

W
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Be my sixth straight year of lurking. I never thought I would lose my passion for hheritage, but it is simply too much money for too small a return. I will be purchasing a Dodgers set, but that's it.

Dave talked about going cold turkey on an addiction. 2009 was the first year I did not buy a case, and i will admit it was pretty hard at first - especially watching all of my friends rip cases. Fast forward to the present: I found myself walking through the card section at Target a couple of nights ago and the area wasn't even a blip on my radar. That feels kind of good.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    i will pick up a box, a blaster and some Blisters if they make them this year

then to keep my run going, in the fall i will pick up the Master Set for $140/dlvd like i have done the last two years
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I bought a few blasters last year and really liked it. Jumped in deep this year, I decided to buy a case. Hoping to complete the 1-500 set.
  • Options
    You should be able to get one master set from a case if history repeats itself. Occasionally I have fallen a couple cards short of one. However, if you are short and stick around this thread, you will be able to trade with other members to get your set complete.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Hoping to also pick up the Tigers players SPs and Autos over time. I will be trading and selling what I don't need. Hoping to help people out.
  • Options
    Autos I'm interested in out of the 48:

Real One Autographs Set Checklist

48 cards

PARALLEL CARDS: Special Edition Red Ink #/66

ROA-AK Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
    ROA-BH Bryce Harper - Washington Nationals
    ROA-BR Bobby Richardson - New York Yankees
    ROA-BRO Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
    ROA-DB Dellin Betances - New York Yankees
    ROA-JM Juan Marichal - San Francisco Giants
    ROA-LB Lou Brock - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-MR Mariano Rivera - New York Yankees
    ROA-OC Orlando Cepeda - San Francisco Giants
    ROA-PN Phil Niekro - Milwaukee Braves
    ROA-SC Steve Carlton - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-SK Sandy Koufax - Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    In for a case. Good to see same old folks around here. Even if it is thinning out.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    I'm going for a master set & Red Sox items.
    I remember when you were very active Geordie. I assume Walt & Craig still are?
    I got a decent presell price from BigT $705 delivered
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I will be actively trading. Have 1 or 2 cases (haven't decided). might save my $$ on second case and just pick up some lots on ebay....much cheaper that way.
  • Options
    I have done the calculations, and it is very clear through several approaches these conclusions:

hobby packs ~840-880k ~ 3000 hobby cases = 36000 boxes

total packs ~2.3 million.

I can give some insight as to how these are calc'd. but it is consistent based on stated hobby wrapper odds and stated checklist.

all other serial #d hobby odds/checklists match up to 860kpacks:
    triple autos (#/5 x 5 subjects X 1:35000 packs)
    gold refractors (#/5 x 100 subjects x 1760 packs)
    nickel relics ( #/15 x 20 x 2940)
    dime relics ( #/10 x 15 x 5875 )
    quarter relics (#/5 x 10 x 17515)
    half dollar relics (#/1 x 5 x 168100)

the checklist only states there are 50 mint cards....they don't tell you who is with what coin, but the numbers all add up perfectly based on my projections above.

The numbers also indicate two interesting ideas:
    - there are actually 10 ROA dual autos #/25 (not as stated 7 on checklist)
    - there are actually 5 dual CC auto relics #/10 (not as stated 2 on checklist).

this would mean they found 3 pairings of players to sign additional cards. I would be surprised if someone new is on the dual auto list - its much more likely to me that they had 3-4 players together at same time to sign and they decided to mix/match the combinations of dual autos. something i will watch out for as the hits get posted.

My prediction:
    Dual CC auto relics will come in these flavors:
    PhilNiekro / Justin Teheran - checklisted
    Aaron / Freeman - checklisted
    Niekro / Freddie Freeman - added by parkerj
    Aaron / Teheran - added by parkerj
    Aaron / Niekro - added by parkerj

these same 3 additional combos will be added to the dual Real one autos, because those 4 players are signing dual real one autos as well.

• Options
    Retail data to support 2.3 million packs total:

minis
    refractors
    black refs
    chrome
    CC relic golds
    stamp relics
    dual CC relics
    triple CC relics
    quad cc relics

ALL of these calculate out to exactly 2.3 million packs (give or take a thousand).

4 outliers:
    - red ink - this will also match if the odd in retail come out to be around 1: 1500, which indicates that about 46 out of every 66 red inks are in hobby, 20 in retail.
    - CC Auto relic - retail will be 1:17900 odds
    - celebrity cut sigs - the numbers only support 14 cut sigs (2.3 million packs / 14 sigs = 168000 packs per sig)
    - baseball cut sigs - the numbers only support 14 cut sigs (2.3 million packs / 14 sigs = 168000 packs per sig)
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    no retail here today
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    The product is live on eBay now. Check out some of the latest pics on my blog including a Lou Brock Real One auto.

2015 Topps Heritage Pics and Odds

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Hello folks. I am a long time lurker for the Heritage threads the past few years, but have never joined. Obviously, now I have. I have three cases of Heritage on the way and am praying they get here on Wednesday because I took the day off of work. After work today I went to Walmart and Target and still no retail. Last year they at least had rack packs out a couple days before release. After reading some of the posts about the odds, I am getting a bit nervous. In 2012 I bought two cases and hit absolutely zero autographs. The biggest "pull" was a Sandy Koufax quarter card. I swore off Heritage in 2013, but bought a few boxes of 2014 and hit a couple autos and a black border chrome. This is the only new product I have ever bought. I have cases of 1988 and 1989 Topps in the closet that just kinda sit there, rack cases, cello cases, wax cases. Some early 90's Donruss as well. Every now and then I'll open a box during a game and throw them in the big shoebox organizer thingie. Love that junk wax!

Glad to be here on the boards!

Chris H.
  • Options
    Great info Jim. Any calculations on this year's print run compared to last years?

Chris H....welcome. these message boards have been THE place to be for not only heritage news, but also trading. We have been doing this for 15
    years now! I hope you pull a monster!

Waalt
  • Options
    I hope so. I couldn't believe that two cases of 2012 Heritage hit absolutely nothing. It almost turned me off to the entire thing.
  • Options
    not so fast craig...its not really live...but soon enough.
  • Options
    By the way, there is no reliable way to determine the retail print run, because there are no serial #d cards that are exclusive to retail....unless i missed something.

Otherwise you can't know because we don't know what % of available chrome cards (99,900 total cards) are stuffed into retail vs stuffed into hobby boxes.
  • Options
    The two links on my blog post for yesterday are for what I believe are live auctions. They are from a guy in Pennsylvania.

Other than that, as I was scouring eBay last night, those were the only signs of live auctions that I could find.

I'll be adding more pics to my blog throughout the day as Topps releases them.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    These inserts are retail exclusive:

A Legend Retires (Koufax - Walmart only)
    A Legend Begins (Ryan - Target only)
    1966 Bazooka

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    i'm not up to speed on all these new sets these days. is there a mix of real 1966 cards in this heritage set? or are they all current players just using that copied design?
  • Options

<< <i>i'm not up to speed on all these new sets these days. is there a mix of real 1966 cards in this heritage set? or are they all current players just using that copied design? >>

Current players in the 1966 Design. They stamp some originals and put them in as Box toppers in Hobby Boxes.

If you buy a case you will probably get about 6 original 1966 cards, lower grade commons seem to be the norm.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    I just got a notice from UPS that my case is "in transit" and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Since it was picked up Monday evening, Blowout Cards had the case yesterday. Might some dealers start breaking cases early, or does Topps prohibit them selling before the official release date?
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    I think the seller "megastarent" has cards in hand, as he is showing scans of actual Clubhouse Collection cards, not stock photos. He's from Pennsylvania.
  • Options
    The stamped originals are in good to very good condition at best. They package them in their own wrapper and they sit on top of the packs in the hobby box. I've never known anyone to get anything other than common cards. Does Topps even put the original cards of Mantle, Koufax, Kaline, Mays etc in the stamped originals?

Chris
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I pulled a Hank Aaron 1960 All star card a few years ago in one of those

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have done the calculations, and it is very clear through several approaches these conclusions:

hobby packs ~840-880k ~ 3000 hobby cases = 36000 boxes

total packs ~2.3 million.

I can give some insight as to how these are calc'd. but it is consistent based on stated hobby wrapper odds and stated checklist.

all other serial #d hobby odds/checklists match up to 860kpacks:
    triple autos (#/5 x 5 subjects X 1:35000 packs)
    gold refractors (#/5 x 100 subjects x 1760 packs)
    nickel relics ( #/15 x 20 x 2940)
    dime relics ( #/10 x 15 x 5875 )
    quarter relics (#/5 x 10 x 17515)
    half dollar relics (#/1 x 5 x 168100)

the checklist only states there are 50 mint cards....they don't tell you who is with what coin, but the numbers all add up perfectly based on my projections above.

The numbers also indicate two interesting ideas:
    - there are actually 10 ROA dual autos #/25 (not as stated 7 on checklist)
    - there are actually 5 dual CC auto relics #/10 (not as stated 2 on checklist).

this would mean they found 3 pairings of players to sign additional cards. I would be surprised if someone new is on the dual auto list - its much more likely to me that they had 3-4 players together at same time to sign and they decided to mix/match the combinations of dual autos. something i will watch out for as the hits get posted.

My prediction:
    Dual CC auto relics will come in these flavors:
    PhilNiekro / Justin Teheran - checklisted
    Aaron / Freeman - checklisted
    Niekro / Freddie Freeman - added by parkerj
    Aaron / Teheran - added by parkerj
    Aaron / Niekro - added by parkerj

these same 3 additional combos will be added to the dual Real one autos, because those 4 players are signing dual real one autos as well. >>

I'm sure I speak for all of the Heritage fans here when I say thanks for all the math work and lists. Would'nt we all love to jump into that pile of 2.3 mil. packs and rip our way out. Good luck to all on your boxes.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Are most of you getting confirmation that your cases were sent? I'm still waiting and hoping the place I ordered from forgot to send me the tracking number. North Texas is supposed to get more freezing rain/sleet tomorrow afternoon and that disrupts everything. I may bide my time tonight and open up a 1986 Topps vending box. I have twenty of them sitting in my "card closet" at the house.
  • Options
    craig, i know the bazooka and retail specials but there are no serial numbers on those, so we have no idea how many are produced. Do you have any retail wrapper odds? where did you find the hobby wrapper?
  • Options
    I just stopped by the blowout cards thread and it appears that retail is live at least at target. A guy posted the odds of the 10 dollar hanger packs, single packs and blasters. It appears early on
    that retail heritage was VERY overproduced. The pillow isle is safe, there will be plenty for everyone. It just appears that topps took the same number of hits and spread them over thousands
    of more packs. That really sucks. Im still exited for tomorrow, but I don't expect to buy a whole lot of this stuff now.

W
  • Options

<< <i>Are most of you getting confirmation that your cases were sent? I'm still waiting and hoping the place I ordered from forgot to send me the tracking number. North Texas is supposed to get more freezing rain/sleet tomorrow afternoon and that disrupts everything. I may bide my time tonight and open up a 1986 Topps vending box. I have twenty of them sitting in my "card closet" at the house. >>

I am supposed to get my tracking number this evening.
  • Options
    No tracking for me - North Texas guy here too. Off to target to check for retail. I'll report back.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    I was over there reading the posts as well. If I still smoked, I would have stepped outside, lit a cigarette and thought "why on earth did I order three cases of this stuff?".
  • Options

<< <i>No tracking for me - North Texas guy here too. Off to target to check for retail. I'll report back. >>

I checked around Fort Worth yesterday after work, but nothing. I didn't see a spot where they would go either. There is already too much Topps Series 1 and other junk taking up space. Lots of hockey boxes as well.
  • Options

<< <i>I pulled a Hank Aaron 1960 All star card a few years ago in one of those >>

That is awesome and rare.

Here is an example of one....Only at Topps...

• Options
    Nothing at the Target at City Place in Dallas. I've always had better luck with Wal Marts having product first in my experience. I pass another Target and Wal Mart on my way home I'll check both.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Welcome aboard Chris from No. TX. We were in Dallas for a wedding in Dec. Maine here........think I may check the local Walmart in a bit, no tracking # yet on my case.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>Nothing at the Target at City Place in Dallas. I've always had better luck with Wal Marts having product first in my experience. I pass another Target and Wal Mart on my way home I'll check both. >>

Nothing at Walmart in north Irving (LBJ).
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing at the Target at City Place in Dallas. I've always had better luck with Wal Marts having product first in my experience. I pass another Target and Wal Mart on my way home I'll check both. >>

Nothing at Walmart in north Irving (LBJ). >>

I know exactly where that Walmart is (North Irving) and was going to head there after work since it's close to the office. I've had better luck with Walmart as well. Target seems to be the slower of the two, but, if you want some three year old blasters of wrestling heritage, that's the place to go.