Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2015 Topps Heritage

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing at the Target at City Place in Dallas. I've always had better luck with Wal Marts having product first in my experience. I pass another Target and Wal Mart on my way home I'll check both. >>

Nothing at Walmart in north Irving (LBJ). >>

I'll check around the Mid Cities after work. I doubt anything will turn up.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Guys, don't get too freaked out by the long retail odds. it doesn't mean the presses rolled forever on retail. Let me explain:

I believe for sure there are about 840k packs of hobby out there.

let me take an example of the 20 cut sigs (baseball).
    we know there are 20 cards total. and based on the odds, we know that 5 of them are in hobby packs (5 x 1:168000 = 840k packs)

That leaves 15 cuts for retail.

the odds of the 3 retail pack types we have seen are:
    jumbo ($6): 55620
    rack $10: 32300
    blaster $20: 120000

we still haven't seen an odds wrapper for the 24ct retail box type of pack.
    nor the blisters....

We don't know how many cuts of the 15 went into each retail type.....which is a big variable that skews all retail count results

if you assume 5 in each categore (and none in blisters/24ct)
    then you get something like: 1.04 million retail packs

but if you think the breakdown is 12 cuts in blasters, 2 in jumbo, and 1 in $10rack, then total retail disty is 1.58 million packs.

so there is really no way to know for sure on the retail, but once we get the other wrappers and their odds, it will help make a better guess....especially if cuts aren't in other candidates.

so there are many types of retail packs.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing at the Target at City Place in Dallas. I've always had better luck with Wal Marts having product first in my experience. I pass another Target and Wal Mart on my way home I'll check both. >>

Nothing at Walmart in north Irving (LBJ). >>

None at Walmart in West Lebanon, NH.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    None at Walmart in Thomaston, ME
    They have some football blasters at 40% off.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Has anyone heard about the possible printing errors in Heritage? It is apparently effecting the backs of cards and looks like a gum stain.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Got a pair of Hobby boxes en route. Likely busting 1 mid-next week on arrival. Will also look to pitstop at Target and TRU before the weekend and maybe grab a Blaster or 2.

Now, if I can just luck into the Koufax auto...
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    none at my Target today
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I show delivery from blowout tomorrow afternoon. Woo! imageimageimageimage
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Jason Heyward bio variation - look at the bottom line of text. Sold for $19.99 BIN.

• Options
    Brett Gardner birth year variation - sold for $12.99 BIN

• Options
    Brent & Becca ?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Geordie, the first one is the so-called trade variation i believe......hobby odds 1:2310

guessing the second is probably the error (ssp??) variation 1:840
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Those are interesting, how did they show up already?

Are the fronts of the Heyward card different?

Different teams?
  • Options
    those could both be early-season steals. Neither one is listed on the checklist at Cardboard Connection. Seller may be kicking himself later.

edit: no, they weren't Brent's listings.
  • Options
    I'm reading the thread over at Blowout right now.

* purple refractors are confirmed
    * tentative codes: base SP 58, Error 59, Trade 60, Throwback 61, Action 62, Color Swap 63
    * some are reporting cards with what appears to be a gum stain on the back. Could be a printing error, but could also be an unannounced parallel.
  • Options
    well if so, that would be the worst parallel in the already pretty crappy history of card parallels!
  • Options

<< <i>well if so, that would be the worst parallel in the already pretty crappy history of card parallels! >>

for sure
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Yeah, the gum stained parallel will definitely sell at a premium. Especially if they are the SSPs.

My guess is they are just a printing error, that will show up on Ebay as "rare".

I think something like that happens every year. Wasn't it the Eaton "throwback" uniform last year?

• Options
    I saw photos of the "stains" on a BO forum. They really look like...bubble gum stains. Not the kind you'd see on 1987 Topps with that weird, greasy smudge...this looks like a white/pink color. And they look rectangular. Very odd indeed.
  • Options
    They are bubble gum stains. One of the guys sniffed one of the cards and it smelled of bubble gum.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Also reporting that the bubble gum stain cards actually smell like gum.

Guy opened two case and pull two black refractor and a gold. Crushed the odds there.
  • Options
    Received my tracking for my first case of this stuff, won't get it until Friday. For the experienced case busters of this stuff, how much time do you spend ripping and examining for possible variations? I have never really bought Heritage and it seems like there is a lot you could miss. Do you examine per pack? Per box? Just curious.
  • Options

<< <i>Also reporting that the bubble gum stain cards actually smell like gum.

Guy opened two case and pull two black refractor and a gold. Crushed the odds there. >>

I gotta disagree with that, Kevin. If those are the odds we're settling for now, then Topps has succeeded in pulling the wool over our eyes. We used to see 3-4 autos per case and at least 2 blacks. Now we are settling for two autos, two blacks and a /99 gold relic in two cases? And of your two autos, one of them is a redemption?

Nuh uh. Exhibit #2,549 why buying cases from Topps is an exercise in frustration and wasted money.
  • Options
    Received my tracking for the three cases I ordered today. Anything sent via UPS goes through Louisville, and they are being hit or will be hit by a major snow storm this evening. I took the day off work tomorrow and don't expect to get my cases. Oh well, have some vending boxes to open and perhaps, if my laziness is not in full force, a good cleaning of the garage.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Received my tracking for my first case of this stuff, won't get it until Friday. For the experienced case busters of this stuff, how much time do you spend ripping and examining for possible variations? I have never really bought Heritage and it seems like there is a lot you could miss. Do you examine per pack? Per box? Just curious. >>

What I've done is take one or two boxes at a time. The lucky folks are already going through their cases and are finding all the SSP errors, variants, etc, so most of that stuff will be up and identified by the time we all get to ripping cases. I sort as I go, two boxes at a time. Pull chromes, autos (all one we probably will get), inserts etc and put them in a different pile. I'll stack all cards 1-100, 101-200, 201-300... you get the idea, in piles then sort those. Repeat with the next couple of boxes and so on. It sounds like it would take longer, but it really doesn't and it makes it easier when you're done. Plus, then it's easier to find the error and SSP cards and all the uniform variations because all the cards are already grouped and in order. Just my two cents. Everyone has their own way. I've done it where I rip two entire cases...then sort....and I wanted to slam my head against a wall. Sorting as you go may make for a lot of piles, but it's easier to build sets that way, at least for me.
  • Options
    "We used to see 3-4 autos per case and at least 2 blacks. "

to be fair, you are talking about 2009, no? image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I was getting four autographs per case on average with 2008 Heritage High Numbers.

Craig from Texas
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Received my tracking for my first case of this stuff, won't get it until Friday. For the experienced case busters of this stuff, how much time do you spend ripping and examining for possible variations? I have never really bought Heritage and it seems like there is a lot you could miss. Do you examine per pack? Per box? Just curious. >>

What I've done is take one or two boxes at a time. The lucky folks are already going through their cases and are finding all the SSP errors, variants, etc, so most of that stuff will be up and identified by the time we all get to ripping cases. I sort as I go, two boxes at a time. Pull chromes, autos (all one we probably will get), inserts etc and put them in a different pile. I'll stack all cards 1-100, 101-200, 201-300... you get the idea, in piles then sort those. Repeat with the next couple of boxes and so on. It sounds like it would take longer, but it really doesn't and it makes it easier when you're done. Plus, then it's easier to find the error and SSP cards and all the uniform variations because all the cards are already grouped and in order. Just my two cents. Everyone has their own way. I've done it where I rip two entire cases...then sort....and I wanted to slam my head against a wall. Sorting as you go may make for a lot of piles, but it's easier to build sets that way, at least for me. >>

Thanks for the info. I am the type that just rips through everything in minutes. I want to make sure I separate things out to make it easier for me to find what people are looking for since I will primarily just be chasing the 1-500 set and the Tigers cards.
  • Options
    No problem. I have to admit, when I'm on a roll, I'll just keep ripping packs too...it sounded like I control myself, but I let go sometimes. Hah. It's sad when the cleanup comes, though. You have to bring in that large lawn and leaf bag to put all the wrappers in. And no more packs to open. I look for the Tigers players as well.
  • Options
    I averaged about 2 black refractor a season. They are very hard pulls I have never pulled a gold refractor. I didn't comment on the autographs, you
    know where I stand on those. Unfortunately crushing the odds on ink in a case will most likely get you a few players who only played a few days
    in the majors and worth about 10 bucks. I don't really know why topps thinks anyone wants these guys in their collection. It would of been nice to
    see a real one Jim Palmer. Topps is just half assing it there.
  • Options

<< <i>I averaged about 2 black refractor a season. They are very hard pulls I have never pulled a gold refractor. I didn't comment on the autographs, you
    know where I stand on those. Unfortunately crushing the odds on ink in a case will most likely get you a few players who only played a few days
    in the majors and worth about 10 bucks. I don't really know why topps thinks anyone wants these guys in their collection. It would of been nice to
    see a real one Jim Palmer. Topps is just half assing it there. >>

Because it's cheaper to make the cards smell like gum. It's the same story every year, so there should be no disappointment any longer.

I don't think Topps understands it's Heritage consumers. It's not really the kids who collect for a 3-4 year span and moves on like the old days.

It's the same consumer. Who doesn't need all the gimmics to collect. Too bad they haven't figured that out.
  • Options

<< <i>I averaged about 2 black refractor a season. They are very hard pulls I have never pulled a gold refractor. I didn't comment on the autographs, you
    see a real one Jim Palmer. Topps is just half assing it there. >>

I was surprised that Palmer wasn't in there too. There are other guys from that era that would be way more valuable and interesting than some guy who pitched for six different teams in a three year career. Denny McLain comes to mind, though, with all of McLain's problems, maybe he can't sign for legal reasons. Hah. Sam McDowell comes to mind too. Neither are in the Hall, but solid major leaguers.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Picked up 2 blasters at Target. Nothing out of the ordinary in the blasters. One Kemp relic and one chrome. Looks like Target has Nolan Ryan insert set. Wonder who Wal Mart has? Good card stock this year. I have a case coming hopefully on Thursday.

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/ruf91/media/2015 Heritage.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options

<< <i>.......Looks like Target has Nolan Ryan insert set. Wonder who Wal Mart has?............. >>

Koufax.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    Is that Ramirez serially numbered on the back? I've read that retail has cards that look like chrome but are not numbered. Kind of like how the retail black border cards from year's past kind of look like, and get confused with, black refractors.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    edit: never mind - looks like the good Dr. Fong answered Cory's question.
  • Options
    Brandon Phillips factoid variation - read the sentence under his bio info.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.......Looks like Target has Nolan Ryan insert set. Wonder who Wal Mart has?............. >>

Koufax. >>

Those Legend cards look like a nice set, reminds me in a way of the Chase 61 sets. My Maris set is still incomplete.

Maybe twenty blasters from each store would do it.

• Options
    Another retail exclusive found. Rainbow foil parallels. They look like chrome refractor from the front but are not numbered. Another thing to watch
    buying off eBay.
  • Options
    I noticed one of my main wants from this years Heritage is up on eBay already. Dual real one auto Miggy/Kaline. Not going to give near the asking price though. Any one know if the dual autos are on card autos?
  • Options

Like the look of the legends cards... hate that I need to purchase blasters.
  • Options
    not good when the first two high end autographs from heritage show up as redemptions. These should be on card, but all bets are off with redemptions.

W
  • Options
    Raise your hand if you're collecting the gum stain SP parallel set?

I hope that the cardboard connection lays out all the variations, that was very helpful last year.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    2 Wal Marts and 2 Targets in DFW none had Heritage. And now my UPS package is experiencing a weather delay... great. imageimageimageimage
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd jump in here about Heritage. I've been a fan of the series since it's inception. But the plethora of varieties/SP's etc. have really stretched my interest. I understand why TOPPS resorts to this to stay true to the series it's based on, and from a marketing ploy it's great business. I understand how it spikes up interest for the base set, while normally a base set for many is just an afterthought. I just wonder what they will resort to in the coming years as a gimmick to maintain interest without watering down the quality of the product, since it's inception it's been a great concept. And at what year will they call it quits.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2 Wal Marts and 2 Targets in DFW none had Heritage. And now my UPS package is experiencing a weather delay... great. imageimageimageimage >>

No Heritage at Target in McKinney either. Looks like my cases are still on for later today though (knock on wood).