Home PSA Set Registry Forum

CARL YASTRZEMSKI - Basic and Master set discussion...

Comments

• Latest addition to my Yaz registry sets, bought from board member Baez578 at a great price.

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some really nice cards you are showing. The most impressive
    as to grade is the 1981 Donruss. Finding one that grades a "10" is neat.
    Good luck with your collection!!
  • Really enjoying this thread and had been a Yaz fan since 1967! Was able to get to Fenway from San Diego and see him play in 78. My non-graded Yaz collection was stolen in 93 but over the years I have been able to replace most of it. Thanks for all the posts.
  • Glad you're enjoying it. Would love to see some of your collection.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    2 of my favorite Yaz cards:

Capecards
  • WOW WOW WOW!!!
  • This is my latest addition to my Yaz Master Set:

That makes 18 items I've been able to add in 8 months. I was expecting my budget would allow me to add 12-15 items per year, so I'm way ahead of pace.
  • This is my latest graded Yaz pickup.....

• 1971 Dell Team Stamp...

That's awesome! I haven't seen that before. The pose, the background, the autograph; it all looks terrific!

Great pick up!
  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my best Yaz card.

• Oh my goodness, that is freakin' amazing!

I don't have any Hostess panels (or even individuals) yet. Looking forward to the day when I do!

For memory sake, they compare to the Kellogg's 3D cards from when I was a kid. I do have a few of those and they are a joy to look at every time. I think I'll pull them out right now and take another look!!!

Thanks!
    - Scott
  • PS... When I am ready to pick up a high grade panel like yours redlegs, with my luck, there will be some random DAVE CHALK fan between me and my prize. Hahahaha
  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a fan of both the Kellogg's and Hostess cards as a kid. I still remember spreading out all off the 1975 Hostess boxes all over the floor of the grocery trying to find my favorite Reds players.
  • That gem mint vintage Hostess pannel is BANANAS!

And yeah, I really really like the photo on the Dell's, as well as the perforated "stamp" edges.

Edited to add, since you like it so much, there is actually a second Yaz in that Dell's set. So you can target both of them for your collection. The only difference is on the backs, explained here.
  • Just got these back from California. I'm thrilled about the 62 Topps; that's a really tough card! And I know I'm biased, but I think the 71 Topps is high end for the grade. I was hoping for a 7 on that one.

• Those are terrific! I've never had a '62. I've had the '71 in both raw and graded. I don't have either now but some day!
  • Always liked him as a player. Nice cards
  • Posted this the other day in a different forum, but forgot to update this thread. Here is my newest addition, a pretty tough card:

imageimage
  • hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 70 and the 71 image
  • I used to have the '70 All-Star card raw when I was in High School / mid-80s. I had a '69 All-Star too. Great card and it would be good to have again some day. Add it to the list!
  • My newest addition. Only 3 graded higher:

• The sticker is a terrific memory. To see it in that high a grade is a terrific sight! Congrats on the pick up!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    - Scott

Bought at opcbaseball.com
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice item.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice OPC.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Thanks fellas! Here is my newest addition, bought from board member Topps29. I had several raw copies of this card, but none that are this sharp. Thanks Gary!

• My newest addition to my Yaz master set (and also basic and basic Topps).

I love the oddball items, but it feels good too when I add one of his main issues, especially from the first half of his career. To be honest, this isn't the strongest 8; slight tilt and a soft bottom left corner. But it's still nicer than any 7's I've seen and I got it at a fantastic price. Good addition to the graded portion of my Yaz collection.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice example of a card that I've always liked.
  • I had a bunch of broken links in this thread that I fixed, including a new scan of this one:

• I just love the Yaz Rookie card. I used to have a PSA-6 and still hope for an 8 someday. Your card looks terrific!
  • ...also, thank you for keeping this thread going as I haven't been able to add to my collection for a while.

When I do, I'll be excited to share!
  • Hey everyone, this weekend my 'eBay Bucks' are available and I'm looking to add to my Yaz collection. You can see my other items throughout this thread.

I am considering the following:

1972 Topps Yaz In Action PSA-9

1968 Topps Yaz All-Star PSA-9

1962 Salada Coin Yaz PSA-9

1976 Topps Yaz PSA-9

1974 Topps Yaz PSA-9

I know it's my choice but I'd love to hear your input. The '74 and '76 Yaz would be welcome to my collection because they are main cards. I'll 'have' to get them at some point. The other 3 are very attractive because they are 'odd-balls'. I've had the In-Action and All-Star raw when I was younger. It would be great to have again in such high grade. What a great memory! I've never had (or seen personally) the Salada coin. I was looking at the Hostess and Kellogg's items available too but didn't see what I wanted. There is an '82 Kellogg's in PSA-10 for $25 I need so that might happen too.

Thoughts?

- Scott
  • I vote for the 68 AS. It's the oldest one that's actually a card.

• << <i>I vote for the 68 AS. It's the oldest one that's actually a card. >>

In fact I just picked up my own copy, 1 grade lower. I like the back of this card too.

• In the same deal (with cpettimd) I picked up this one too. Always nice to add one of his 1960s basic Topps issues! Ive got a 1961 coming in the mail too, any day now.

• The '68s look great! In the mid 80s, I used to have raw copies of the 68, 69 and 70 Yaz All-Star cards. It makes me happy to see them again!
  • Oops, I forgot to update this thread when I updated my own in the other forum. Great mail day yesterday! A couple more graded Yaz for my registry, bought at a great price from my favorite CU seller: wilkiebaby11. Really excited about one of them. Thanks Steve!

This sticker is pop 4, with only 3 higher.

This is the one I'm really excited about. I love oddball stuff and have really dove into that over the past year but, maybe as a direct result of that, I'm really enjoying adding Yaz's 1960s basic Topps issues. This is the earliest one I was missing and I think it's a nice copy. Lately I've popped a 62, bought the 68 and 61, and I've got a 64 and 69 to sub.

I also have 2 master set items that just arrived at PSA.

One final note: I'm currently at 33% (8/24) of his PSA basic Topps set, and have the first 3 years done.
  • I love the '61. I used to have one and it's on the future to do list again! Looks great!
  • Thanks!
  • 2 New additions to my Yaz Master Set:

1968 Topps Yaz All Star

1982 Kellogg's Yaz

It's been a long time since I added to my collection and I was glad to add these!
    Thanks!
    - Scott
  • Glad you're back on the train! Those are a couple of sharp cards. I love the Kellogg's cards.

I have 2 Yaz at PSA right now and another I'm about to send. And at some point I need to send in some autographs for red flips so I can add my signed 69 Topps Yaz to my set.
  • Recent poppage. Obviously not a great copy of that checklist, but at least now I can say I have a graded copy of both versions.

imageimage
  • Received an awesome card today from my collecting hero and an all-around terrific guy and asset to these boards - Manny. It's an upgrade to the copy I already owned (earlier on this page). I'm happy to report that this card not only carries a higher technical grade, but it is also an upgrade in eye appeal. Thanks again Manny, for this and for everything you do to encourage my Yaz collecting!

I should also note that I've got five more PSA 9's coming this week to add to my master set. A very exciting time for me!
  • Here are four of the five 9's I alluded to, which came today. Another big day for my master set. I added the 4 PSA 9's you see below and, by doing so, achieved a new personal highest rank to date. Even better is that I'm .02 behind the next guy and I have another 9 coming this week and two 1960's issues going out in separate March subs. So I should catch him with ease. And after that, I'M COMING FOR YOU, SPCOLLECTION!! Lol

OK, without further ado, here are today's additions....

imageimage
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An addition I am finally posting (Busy at work and Shoveling Snow).
    Not the highest of grades, but, won it on an eBay auction reasonably priced, compared to some of the "BINs" on eBay.

• That candy lid is incredible!!
  • The big week for my registry comes to a close with another 9, a basic Topps issue I didn't have yet in my graded collection.

• Realized I've been neglecting this thread. Here are some recent additions.

This is the first Donruss I've added to my Yaz basic set, which is pretty cool in itself. It's a gift from vintagefun. Thanks again Jim! >>

And this was a Big, big pickup that arrived yesterday.....

Very excited about this addition. This is now the oldest PSA 9 in my Yaz basic set.

As always, thanks for looking.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice additions Dan!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • I love the '72 Yaz! (Then I always look at the next card and love the look of that one too!!!)

Great job sending in your own cards!