Home Precious Metals

Not a PM guy are these pored 10oz, 100g, 50g and 1 oz rounds just go in the scrap bucket

I am not a big bullion person but had these, should I just throw them with the rest of the just 90 and 40%? If not does anyone actually collect these? Where to dispose of them? What price? Sorry, I just ended up with them years ago and have no use for them. Thanks Team! Oh, I used to be into TexasNationals a lot, just as a side note!

-50g DEVARAN NANJEE DENA BANK-BOMBAY 999.5 over-stamp 998.5 (back is flat and blank)

-100g DEVARAN NANJEE DENA BANK-BOMBAY 999.5 over-stamp 998.5 (back is flat and blank)

-CMI 10 oz. Poured bar- Rain-bowed Towed

-Front and Bank Swiss of Arerica 999 Fine Silver One Ouce Double Die on both

-The last 2 pics are of a 100 gr. Guaranteed by Johnson Matthey London Refiners to the Bank of London (Front Schweizerischer Bankverein Fein Silber 100 gram 999 MARKED 1872 with 3 keys

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would keep them. If you
    decide to sell them, this is
    the place !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    keep them, the Swiss American round is a neat chunky round image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I have a scrap buket that I would like for those to be in. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea just throw them in the scrap bucket, I mean why ask a question that you already know the answer too?
  • Actually perkdog, I haven't caught up on my India marked 998.5 silver or CMI poured bars from the 60's, but that for remembering why I left these boards all these years ago!

<< <i>Actually perkdog, I haven't caught up on my India marked 998.5 silver or CMI poured bars from the 60's, but that for remembering why I left these boards all these years ago! >>

I still dont believe you
  • Well, I will make sure to take a Xanax tonight to deal with that fact. I buy deals for the paper and a few coins here and there, Conders and Mexican 1914/15 Revolutionary, but since the PM forum has tuned into the OF as of many years ago I will post as little as necessary so you can save your BS detectors. SO tell me did the forumite here who had graphite 15 or 20 gr. molds made, bought .999 pellets from APMEX and made a tamp from him mommies tool box and dremel tools, how much over melt do those "poured" bars sell for? see my point? Just because it isn't at your everyday USA B&M shop doesn't mean they sell for melt or above anywhere other than this plethora of RKI's like yourself. That was all I had, move along please. Maybe Billy Beane collects them?
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>Well, I will make sure to take a Xanax tonight to deal with that fact. I buy deals for the paper and a few coins here and there, Conders and Mexican 1914/15 Revolutionary, but since the PM forum has tuned into the OF as of many years ago I will post as little as necessary so you can save your BS detectors. SO tell me did the forumite here who had graphite 15 or 20 gr. molds made, bought .999 pellets from APMEX and made a tamp from him mommies tool box and dremel tools, how much over melt do those "poured" bars sell for? see my point? Just because it isn't at your everyday USA B&M shop doesn't mean they sell for melt or above anywhere other than this plethora of RKI's like yourself. That was all I had, move along please. Maybe Billy Beane collects them? >>

Ok You left the boards years ago and the Precious Metal forum has turned into the old open forum I get it but what I dont get is why you refer to everyone here as "Team" if your so against it?

I still dont believe that you genuinely thought those bars might be scrap but in all honesty why do you give a rats butt what I think? Dont respond to me just ignore my post, no big deal.

I apoligize for getting under your skin, best of luck with whatever you do with the metal.

• Regardless or not, we are a TEAM!

Second, I am Texas A&M Class of 2001 and as any Aggie here knows, Aggie's don't

Lie
    Cheat
    Steal

Had I known, I would not have asked.

This is not bragging, although I am sure you will consider it such.

This is an original Texas STAR note. Survival rates depend on who you ask, but they are low and the notes are expensive. I had to turn to my arch enemy (well when it comes to Texas material), but to properly be its caretaker and preserve along the history I had to literally beg to use research materials to find out where (Pretty easy to see Henry Smith ans Sam Houston singed them as the battles raged and republic was formed) the note was issued and why.

If you are curious it was issued to the first "Texas Ranger" as we who them and was payment for scalps and heads of villan Mexicans and Indians (Just using time correct verbiage, I take no joy, but the supporting documents list just that

So we ALL have a responsibility to share resources, history and knowledge.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very neat note with some very famous signatures---a lot of history in that note. As far as the silver that you posted, they have a small premium over melt and shouldn't be put in the scrap bucket but I'm sure you already knew that.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very neat note with some very famous signatures---a lot of history in that note. As far as the silver that you posted, they have a small premium over melt and shouldn't be put in the scrap bucket but I'm sure you already knew that. >>

I'm sure all of those who purchased the homemade mini "slugs" or bars from one of our former forumites that you mentioned, for a premium, will not do so again in the future. As P.T. Barnum used to say: "There's a sucker born every minute"image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting old note...thanks for showing us...Cheers, RickO
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

image welcome back

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    TT,

Those bars dont command significant premiums. Although I cannot include the Davaran bars as I have no specific knowledge of them.
    The others I have owned and sold myself. I have several of the JM 100 gram bars and would buy the 2 you have if you are selling.

Loves me some shiny!
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    On eBay they will command significant premiums...
    keceph `anah
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    the JM bars 100 Gram bars have for $125ish each on eBay. Of course a premium over spot for old JM, but not "rare" bar premium

Loves me some shiny!
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what one thinks a "rare" bar premium is,
    But 1.75+ x spot is pretty big premium...
    keceph `anah
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    the JM bars 100 Gram bars have for $125ish each on eBay. Of course a premium over spot for old JM, but not "rare" bar premium

What is a rare JM bar? The only ones I consider to be close to rare are the 4 & 7 oz JMC style bars, and even those are not what I would "rare". They just happen to command a decent premium because most people want them in their collection. That doesn't make them rare, just collectible.

I am interested in hearing what JM made bar folks consider rare.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • I would buy those couple of Bombay bars if you would ship them to Australia