Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I don't usually do this but if your an Ebay seller you may want to block this guy...

So I wake up this morning and check my Ebay messages and out of the blue I get the following message:

Beautiful perfect coin. It's a shame you let the slab get scratched so badly. I see so many rare and historic coins in scratched up slabs. Makes me fn sick. Why is it so hard for people to take care of their things? You should have that coin re-slabbed before you sell it. Luckily for you everyone on ebay is a fn idiot and they don't know any better, so you'll still get a good price. If i bought that coin from you, i would give you negative feedback as a matter of principle. Maybe i will bid on it with one of my other accounts and give you negative feedback to teach you to take care of things and be more careful and respectful of valuable items.

I don't know this Ebay buyer and to my knowledge I have never done business with them. As just about everyone knows....about 98% of what I sell comes in on consignment so I have no control what condition the slabs come in and quite frankly...I thought we were collecting coins and not plastic...my bad image

Ebay member ID is: reindeermccoy

Comments

• Options

<< <i>So I wake up this morning and check my Ebay messages and out of the blue I get the following message:

Beautiful perfect coin. It's a shame you let the slab get scratched so badly. I see so many rare and historic coins in scratched up slabs. Makes me fn sick. Why is it so hard for people to take care of their things? You should have that coin re-slabbed before you sell it. Luckily for you everyone on ebay is a fn idiot and they don't know any better, so you'll still get a good price. If i bought that coin from you, i would give you negative feedback as a matter of principle. Maybe i will bid on it with one of my other accounts and give you negative feedback to teach you to take care of things and be more careful and respectful of valuable items.

I don't know this Ebay buyer and to my knowledge I have never done business with them. As just about everyone knows....about 98% of what I sell comes in on consignment so I have no control what condition the slabs come in and quite frankly...I thought we were collecting coins and not plastic...my bad image

Ebay member ID is: reindeermccoy >>

I don't get it. I get that scratches on the slab might annoy some people - heck, if given a choice between the same coin in a scratched slab or not, I'm sure most of us would take the unscratched, but sheesh: look at the coin, look at the price, and if the scratch really bugs you, add in the cost of reholdering or crossover and decide if it's worth it to you.. whether the scratch is the seller's fault or not!
  • Options
    The funny thing is the slab isn't that scratched up.....the coin is about the size of a Dime and when you use a macro lens to blow that up 50x you can see the imperfections in the plastic as well as any hairline scratches. And this rare historic coin is a 1984 Isle of Man gold coin.....not a 1793 Chain cent image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

(Him, not you. Tell him to switch to decaf, and if he ever considered that maybe, just maybe, you weren't the one who sandpapered the slab?) image

But restrain yourself from pullin' a you-know-who and telling this chucklehead what he really deserves to be told. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charming, nonetheless.
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭
    Which coin is he talking about?
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just respond and tell them what you stated on your post, 98% of your items are from consignments and tell them to have a nice day. Then block away.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    I think there must've been some Rum involved??

• Options
    I would never leave a message like that especially threaten negative feedback however slab condition is one of my compulsive disorders. I did return a coin because the holder was so badly scratched up I could not get a good look at the coin, it was a small coin and I have old eyes. I also have to really want a coin before I will buy it if it is in an older NGC holder with the real fragile hologram that is nearly always ripped apart. I know I have issues.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if the slab was one of the worst, that message is unacceptable. blocked. ty.

7 billion people, can't all be winners. image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    even if the slab was one of the worst, that message is unacceptable. blocked. ty.

. >>

You should report that message to ebay. What a weirdo.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nut
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.

. >>

You should report that message to ebay. What a weirdo. >>

Sounds like possible extortion to me.

blocked
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure he sent you his name, address, and telephone number too, right? Of course not. Another unhappy, anonymous, internet bully who clearly has some serious issues to work out. I wouldn't lower myself to his/her level. Ignore him, block him, and move on with class. These types of people thrive on conflict and will only be encouraged by a response. Btw....have a good Friday! image
  • Options

<< <i>Which coin is he talking about? >>

I won't post a link to my auctions but it's eBay item number:331133783504 (1984 Isle of Man Gold Angel NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo 1/10th oz .917 Fine Gold)

Honestly...this slab is so far from the worst I have seen scratch wise is comical. I didn't bother to respond to his note....I will let Ebay handle it...if they decide to and just block this account and hope that if he uses another account, Ebay can track it.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps one can get the slab graded and encased in another slab.

Coin MS-61 Slab MS-45

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭
    Krypto, steer clear of that whackjob. Life is too short.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People like that make me image
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the coin, not the plastic. If the plastic is a bother have a crackout session. Good grief, people get their panties so knotted up over the most inane things.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He may win the coin even with the block.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would report this type of threatening message to eBay. Probably with a direct call. eBay likely could identify this person's other accounts (based on PayPal linking, etc) and such behaviour will hopefully get the shut down.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Thanks for sharing that. Blocked.

The fellow is seriously twisted. A character out of a Stephen King novel.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

This dude could go out on an all out attack based on you posting this here and finding out he is being blocked by everyone. He seems very vindictive.

A simple sorry you don't like it and it's not my coin might have been a way to make him go away quietly. I have learned that there is no upside ever to fighting with or trying to get even with a buyer.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forward the email to eBay.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I would block anyone with "PRIVATE" feedback regardless.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since he apparently has other accounts. A block will stop the reindeermccoy account, but it won't stop the account he has threatened to bid with.
  • Options
    You mean the customer *isn't* always right? I'm shocked, I tell you- shocked! image
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    I empathize with you, Daniel. The guy sounds like a pri... nevermind. OPA said that it sounds like an extortion attempt, and I couldn't agree more.
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Probably drinking too much or his wife just chewed him out for leaving his dirty socks in the living room. Also, he accused you of letting it get scratched. I have gotten scratched holders occasionally straight back from a submission. What an idiot but drinking too much can do that to you.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    LOL. eBay troll.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol...just give him The Ole' "are you serious, you have way too much time on your hands. You've been blocked accordingly."

...works every time image

Erik
  • Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe i will bid on it with one of my other accounts and give you negative feedback to teach you to take care of things and be more careful and respectful of valuable items.

Didn't you guys see the part of his email that said he would just bid from one of his other accounts? That was his way of anticipating that he would be blocked and to not even bother. As I have said before, some of these nut-jobs get so upset about being blocked that they will create a new account just to get revenge by leaving a negative feedback.

That guy is seriously demented and should not even be allowed on Ebay (or the internet in general).
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a really crazy ebayer
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Ebay ID #2 leetol

Message I just received.....also reported to Ebay...

you say we're collecting coins not slabs, but all your coins are in slabs and your a member of a slabbing company. you charge premiums for your graded coins but then you sell them in scratched slabs. you know you are wrong. even if your items are consignment, you should still have them reslabbed. you know i am right. that is why you declined to respond to me directly and instead used a cowardice move of posting a private letter on a public forum so all you coin dorks can blow each other and talk sh_t without me being able to defend myself. you're a coward, homosexual, comic book nerd. nothing more. stick to selling comics.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    WTF is a member of a slabbing company???

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    coin4salecoin4sale Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    unstable

uh, block and ignore
    BT&C
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Blocked.

Thanks for the heads up... and the entertainment!
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    …so he notes in his message that he understands this is a "public forum" and that he cannot come here to defend himself??? hmmm… maybe his IP has been bammed from re-signing up for the CU forums? If, not…invite him to come and join in on the conversation image

still laughing that he also suggests that we all "blow each other," and then in his next sentence he calls you a homosexual…

Erik
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<you say we're collecting coins not slabs, but all your coins are in slabs and your a member of a slabbing company. you charge premiums for your graded coins but then you sell them in scratched slabs. you know you are wrong. even if your items are consignment, you should still have them reslabbed. you know i am right. that is why you declined to respond to me directly and instead used a cowardice move of posting a private letter on a public forum so all you coin dorks can blow each other and talk sh_t without me being able to defend myself. you're a coward, homosexual, comic book nerd. nothing more. stick to selling comics.
    >>

Judging the slab out of hand is about the same as grading a coin that is not in hand. I think this has nothing to do with the slab. He has obviously singled you out for this abuse. Perhaps he knows you from another transaction in another name, or it may be that he does belong to this forum, noting how soon he was responding to your post of this morning. Just keep posting his threats on this forum along with his eBay name.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude is fascinating. We should all encourage him to join our club and remind him that hugs are mandatory when getting together at coin shows.
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "...used a cowardice move of posting a private letter on a public forum..."

In communication with someone here, or just a voyeur.
  • Options

<< <i>"...used a cowardice move of posting a private letter on a public forum..."

In communication with someone here, or just a voyeur. >>

I don't believe he is a member....I posted the same thing on NGC and one of my close friends decided to message the guy. I don't know what was said but I have a feeling that lead him to the forums.....but that's a guess. It could certainly be someone with an ax to ground but he is really wasting his time. His messages to me are so insane that I wouldn't waste the time to respond. My only reason for posting them on the forums was to protect my friends that are Ebay sellers on the forums. We take a lot of abuse and get a bad rep at times so giving you guys a glimpse of some of the nuts we have to deal with can be somewhat enlightening....or entertaining...or both?
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be watching your account for negatives to start popping up. This guy seems like the kind that won't stop. These always turn out bad for the seller.
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess if your name was Hatfield he would neg you.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options

You do realize you are being trolled don't you?
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...blocked.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be hard to do, but I think that the best thing is to allow this thread to sink into oblivion. It has served its purpose of warning those who need to know about this person. He has an inadequate personality and thrives on anger and distress in others. Although he appears aggressive in his messages, I believe he is actually passive aggressive, has 0 social skills, and would be completely unable to tolerate a face to face confrontation. In short, attention is what he feeds on. So let's not give him any more.
  • Options

<< <i>Ebay ID #2 leetol

you say we're collecting coins not slabs, but all your coins are in slabs and your a member of a slabbing company. you charge premiums for your graded coins but then you sell them in scratched slabs. you know you are wrong. even if your items are consignment, you should still have them reslabbed. you know i am right. that is why you declined to respond to me directly and instead used a cowardice move of posting a private letter on a public forum so all you coin dorks can blow each other and talk sh_t without me being able to defend myself. you're a coward, homosexual, comic book nerd. nothing more. stick to selling comics.
    >>

Little does he (or she) know... I take the phrase "coin dork" as a compliment. canni getta "AMEN!!" ??
    There is no knowledge that is not power.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ebay ID #2 leetol

>>

Little does he (or she) know... I take the phrase "coin dork" as a compliment. canni getta "AMEN!!" ?? >>

AHHHHH MEN image

and btw, i have received messages equal to and greater than that one!

i've also read another ebay member's messages that i know and they are equal to and very greater than that one.

i usually laugh and simultaneously shake my head in utter disbelief when i see things like that as well as others. completely confounding imo.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file