Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Buyer Beware: redllama9109

Purchased a roll of ASEs and 2 rolls of Peace dollars.

Payment made: Dec 13th
Claimed to have shipped: Dec 16th

Items were shipped from Indiana to Illinois. Should not have taken this long to be delivered even with the Christmas rush. Last communication was on Dec 19th claiming he was looking for the receipt with tracking information. Have not heard anything since. Already filed a paypal claim. No response yet.

I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he's just been busy with Christmas stuff. I hope he'll see this message and respond either here or via PM with tracking information.

Deal was done on another forum but I recall he posted an ad here too.
References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.

Comments

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, the above member was bammed from here recently.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    the redllama guy posts ATS so go post this to warn others there!!!!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how the non-ebay paypal claim works out. Curious how they cover BST payments.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you VPR....I'm really hoping he isn't trying a scam.

He hasn't posted just here...he posts on every coin forum he can find. Regrettably, it may be "buyer beware", though I hope it is a case of slow postal service.
    I just don't understand the "looking for receipt with tracking info" bit. When I send something, I either have the receipt (A) in my wallet, (B) in my truck in the center holder, (C) in my jacket pocket, or (D) on my computer desk under the keyboard......one of those spots until I know it has been received (then, kept for awhile anyway).

FYI that he won't be able to respond to you here....he has been banned due to lack of intelligence and anti-social skills.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Can anyone here report on a successful BST transaction with him? It would be nice to give vpr some hope.

• vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Yes, tracking updates should be provided right away since this whole operation is built on trust. He contacted me already and offered a full refund. Let's see if he follows through.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and hope it works out for you. Just FYI the PO is really backed up...I live in North Texas and mail has been very delayed since we had an ice storm a couple of weeks ago.

K
    ANA LM
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭
    always do a forum search prior to dealing with a person with no history. The persons post history here is enough for me to make a conclusion in this case.

I hope he follows through on the refund. Good luck on a positive result on this transaction. Try to file a police report as well if the person does not make this right.

• his prices are so stupid low that I didn't have the courage to pull the trigger even though he would accept regular paypal. it just seemed like a scam.

he was selling ASEs for ridiculously cheap. He wanted $415/roll of BU ASEs shipped PLUS using regular paypal.

He also was asking something like $18/Morgan dollar. it just made no sense to me so I didn't do it.

I hope he comes through for you vpr. there is definitely plenty of meat on the bone if he comes through. I just wasn't ready to take that risk.

successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭
    If you used regular Paypal your ok. Another reason to NEVER use the gift option.
    I was offered the stuff near melt with the regular paypal option as Gambinotdx mentioned. Figured that worst case, I will be separated from my money for a month or so.
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, tracking updates should be provided right away since this whole operation is built on trust. He contacted me already and offered a full refund. Let's see if he follows through. >>

Did he mention if he ever tracked it to find out what happened? Seems odd to offer a refund but no info about him shipping it and where it went! Hopefully you'll get your refund. He's getting bashed pretty good ats.

<< <i>Yes, tracking updates should be provided right away since this whole operation is built on trust. He contacted me already and offered a full refund. Let's see if he follows through. >>

Initiate the paypal claim immediately which will put a hold on his paypal account and any in progress transactions. This will expedite a return from him if in fact he is going to give one. A promise for a refund may only be an attempt to keep the paypal account up and running, expecially since he still hasn't provided any shipping info. Did you check your paypal account to see if he uploaded a tracking number for the transaction?

<< <i>

Initiate the paypal claim immediately which will put a hold on his paypal account and any in progress transactions. This will expedite a return from him if in fact he is going to give one. A promise for a refund may only be an attempt to keep the paypal account up and running, expecially since he still hasn't provided any shipping info. Did you check your paypal account to see if he uploaded a tracking number for the transaction? >>

From the OP:
    "Already filed a paypal claim. No response yet."

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

Initiate the paypal claim immediately which will put a hold on his paypal account and any in progress transactions. This will expedite a return from him if in fact he is going to give one. A promise for a refund may only be an attempt to keep the paypal account up and running, expecially since he still hasn't provided any shipping info. Did you check your paypal account to see if he uploaded a tracking number for the transaction? >>

Thanks. Already escalated to a Paypal claim. I shouldn't have any trouble getting my money back, either through Paypal or through my credit card issuer. I paid with a CC just so I can have that added layer of protection but I don't think it will come to that.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I like how everyone immediately assumed it was a gift payment just because it was a BST transaction. People really need to give that a rest. Most legit sellers are willing offer regular Paypal here as long as the buyer pays the difference even if they don't advertise it that way in their post. That's why I always say gift or postal m.o. is PREFERRED. I don't advertise that I will take regular PP because that is usually a turn off to the buyer because their cost will be higher because I expect them to pay for it. But if they offer to pay for it, what do I care as long as my bottom line is the number I want for the item?

I'm sorry to hear this happen but I really think that you'll be fine getting your funds back, especially since the transaction was funded with a CC. It's just the headache of going thru it all. And you did the right thing posting this here, I wish more people would when a deal goes bad since this place has no feedback system like bullionstacker does. I've argued for some time here that post count means NOTHING, a feedback system would help to curtail these matters. I've yet to hear a deal gone bad on BS, and there's a reason for that...feedback.

I really think this is a case of where a person needs to (step 1) raise funds quick and lures people in with below basement bargain pricing...(step 2) then they pay their debt off to whoever it might be (could be mob related, you never know) and (step 3) deal with the fallout this way because their legs wont get broken cheating folks here, but if you owe the mob money, or owe a gambling debt, you stand that chance. I could be way off base, but you just never know anymore.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>I like how everyone immediately assumed it was a gift payment just because it was a BST transaction. People really need to give that a rest. Most legit sellers are willing offer regular Paypal here as long as the buyer pays the difference even if they don't advertise it that way in their post. That's why I always say gift or postal m.o. is PREFERRED. I don't advertise that I will take regular PP because that is usually a turn off to the buyer because their cost will be higher because I expect them to pay for it. But if they offer to pay for it, what do I care as long as my bottom line is the number I want for the item? >>

Only one reference in this thread to gift payments and it was wise advice from another member. Avoidance of paypal fees is a personal choice that many sellers don't support. Nothing wrong with asking the BST buyer to pay the paypal fee if the buyer insists on using paypal. Why should the seller pay for the buyer's paypal protection (payment insurance), when the seller is also offering fee-free payment methods. No different than having the buyer pay the extra for an upgrade to overnight shipping if that is what the buyer prefers to have. The OP's delima, as pointed out earlier, would be much worse if he had misused the paypal gift option to make his BST purchase.

Them negative waves

• Paypal fees are just another point of negotiation. Just as the seller has their bottom line. The buyer has theirs.
    Eric
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I like how everyone immediately assumed it was a gift payment just because it was a BST transaction. People really need to give that a rest. Most legit sellers are willing offer regular Paypal here as long as the buyer pays the difference even if they don't advertise it that way in their post. That's why I always say gift or postal m.o. is PREFERRED. I don't advertise that I will take regular PP because that is usually a turn off to the buyer because their cost will be higher because I expect them to pay for it. But if they offer to pay for it, what do I care as long as my bottom line is the number I want for the item? >>

Only one reference in this thread to gift payments and it was wise advice from another member. Avoidance of paypal fees is a personal choice that many sellers don't support. Nothing wrong with asking the BST buyer to pay the paypal fee if the buyer insists on using paypal. Why should the seller pay for the buyer's paypal protection (payment insurance), when the seller is also offering fee-free payment methods. No different than having the buyer pay the extra for an upgrade to overnight shipping if that is what the buyer prefers to have. The OP's delima, as pointed out earlier, would be much worse if he had misused the paypal gift option to make his BST purchase.

Them negative waves >>

Excellent points Derry. Sellers have expenses when selling and so do buyers. No free lunches!image

<< <i>I like how everyone immediately assumed it was a gift payment just because it was a BST transaction. People really need to give that a rest. Most legit sellers are willing offer regular Paypal here as long as the buyer pays the difference even if they don't advertise it that way in their post. That's why I always say gift or postal m.o. is PREFERRED. I don't advertise that I will take regular PP because that is usually a turn off to the buyer because their cost will be higher because I expect them to pay for it. But if they offer to pay for it, what do I care as long as my bottom line is the number I want for the item?

I'm sorry to hear this happen but I really think that you'll be fine getting your funds back, especially since the transaction was funded with a CC. It's just the headache of going thru it all. And you did the right thing posting this here, I wish more people would when a deal goes bad since this place has no feedback system like bullionstacker does. I've argued for some time here that post count means NOTHING, a feedback system would help to curtail these matters. I've yet to hear a deal gone bad on BS, and there's a reason for that...feedback.

I really think this is a case of where a person needs to (step 1) raise funds quick and lures people in with below basement bargain pricing...(step 2) then they pay their debt off to whoever it might be (could be mob related, you never know) and (step 3) deal with the fallout this way because their legs wont get broken cheating folks here, but if you owe the mob money, or owe a gambling debt, you stand that chance. I could be way off base, but you just never know anymore. >>

Not "everyone" assumed that. I sure didn't and I doubt I am alone in that.
    As for advertising regular paypal...I would PREFER a seller do that with a price and if I am willing to offer an alternate method, that cuts out fees, and the seller is willing, then that becomes an addition.
    I actually stay away from most that say "paypal gift or postal MO" as I don't find them quite as honest and trustworthy (paypal gifting for merchandise is done, but is gray area). I don't have a problem with people offering it, I just don't like the requesting of it. And, I have met people 1/2 way, and I have also offered to pay the paypal fees, but I still don't like the omission of regular paypal by hinting that it is available but will cost more. Give your price WITH it and then negotiate down.

Many of us have been here long enough and many of us don't feel there is a need for any real change here. The ones that argue for it are generally those that just want to come here and use the BST all the time as a type of business for themselves. I don't see the BST that way. I see legit businesses using it, but not as the main means of business. I see collectors using it. If you want something like you ask for, and another site has it...great...go use that site. If you are using this one, there must be a reason for it image

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deals/prices that seem too good to be true usually are not.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>No free lunches!image >>

Some expect paypal to provide one.

• Hope this works out well for ya. Keep us posted ........
    Condor
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Purchased a roll of ASEs and 2 rolls of Peace dollars.

Payment made: Dec 13th
    Claimed to have shipped: Dec 16th

Items were shipped from Indiana to Illinois. Should not have taken this long to be delivered even with the Christmas rush. Last communication was on Dec 19th claiming he was looking for the receipt with tracking information. Have not heard anything since. Already filed a paypal claim. No response yet.

I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he's just been busy with Christmas stuff. I hope he'll see this message and respond either here or via PM with tracking information.

Deal was done on another forum but I recall he posted an ad here too. >>

Proceed with an immediate claim for items not received through PayPal to get your money refunded. I did not buy from this guy but did exchange numerous PMs and things didn't smell good at all. I live about 200 miles from his location and offered to meet half way on a large deal and he declined and kept badgering me to make a deal. I would only do Regular PayPal at his price delivered (he pays 3%) and no dice. I moved on. Best of luck to you.
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No free lunches!image >>

Some expect paypal to provide one. >>

Or the seller.. I'm sure you know.image
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope you get your money back!
    As for the paypal comments, as a buyer, I usually tell the seller that I will pay by paypal and I always pay the fees. Usually I get a better deal off the boards than ebay anyway and the 3% fee is not that big of an issue.
    Lotsa "negative waves" here lol.

I can't believe someone would infer that just because someone "prefers" to do the transaction with a gift payment as payment as being untrustworthy.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'll speak for myself to that point. I usually ask/prefer a gift payment because it is my best offer to a buyer, my absolute best offer. I dont do the negotiating down tactic, and that's what it is, a tactic. I offer the item at the best I can do, and it ALWAYS includes the shipping costs too. I also let the person know that regular is available, I let them make the choice, but they will have to pay for it. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, it's BUSINESS!

Being lumped into being accused of being untrustworthy just because I prefer a gift payment huh... I ask anyone who I have actually done a gift transaction with in the 4+ years I've been here if I did anything untrustworthy, if they were let down by what the received or the way it was packaged or the timeframe it was mailed after payment was received. Not one person has ever mentioned a single thing to me about being untrustworthy or they wouldn't do business with me again, not one. I'm talking about people who've actually done business with me...not the ones that never have or wont because they feel I am too outspoken, or they feel I'm too shaky to "take a chance" with.
    That's about the biggest crockpot of crap I've ever heard. Just because someone "prefers" gift payment, that means they're untrustworthy? Unreal how some peoples minds work.

As to the original topic, you will be made whole vpr, might take some time, but you'll be made whole. Dont sweat it. You paid with a CC, that's your ace in the hole because credit companies deal with this kind of stuff all the time. It's not like they are ignorant to the ways of fraud.
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lotsa "negative waves" here lol.

I can't believe someone would infer that just because someone "prefers" to do the transaction with a gift payment as payment as being untrustworthy.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'll speak for myself to that point. I usually ask/prefer a gift payment because it is my best offer to a buyer, my absolute best offer. I dont do the negotiating down tactic, and that's what it is, a tactic. I offer the item at the best I can do, and it ALWAYS includes the shipping costs too. I also let the person know that regular is available, I let them make the choice, but they will have to pay for it. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, it's BUSINESS!

Being lumped into being accused of being untrustworthy just because I prefer a gift payment huh... I ask anyone who I have actually done a gift transaction with in the 4+ years I've been here if I did anything untrustworthy, if they were let down by what the received or the way it was packaged or the timeframe it was mailed after payment was received. Not one person has ever mentioned a single thing to me about being untrustworthy or they wouldn't do business with me again, not one. I'm talking about people who've actually done business with me...not the ones that never have or wont because they feel I am too outspoken, or they feel I'm too shaky to "take a chance" with.
    That's about the biggest crockpot of crap I've ever heard. Just because someone "prefers" gift payment, that means they're untrustworthy? Unreal how some peoples minds work.

As to the original topic, you will be made whole vpr, might take some time, but you'll be made whole. Dont sweat it. You paid with a CC, that's your ace in the hole because credit companies deal with this kind of stuff all the time. It's not like they are ignorant to the ways of fraud. >>

I won't get involved in the rest of the thread, because it's actually directed at one person (unfortunately, I knew what was going to happen with 'The Llama' after his first few posts, as did some others). I guess he got booted from everywhere (when do you see a thread get poofed ATS, as they are much more tolerant....well I guess when the comic people chime in, like comicdonna over there, things are dicey at best). The OP should be safe by using a CC, thankfully.

Those that just won't use gifting (no fault with it, as you do leave yourself with no protection, and I can see why, it's a valid worry, BUT when you deal with the right people, it's not an issue....and it won't EVER become an issue with Rich, I have no qualms gifting to him, or several others on this board....sending coins for approval, same thing, you just have to work with the right people, and unfortunately, 'The Llama' was just another scum that slipped through the cracks. piecesofme is right, those that prefer to take 'gifting' can't be clumped all into the same boat. We ALL know there are many honest people here, more than are not honest. I have dealt with piecesofme multiple times, have used 'gifting' on every single one, even my first one with him (from this very BST forum.... when he COULD have pulled a 'Llama' on me....but he DIDN'T, everything was in order, and went perfect, just as our other deals have gone since then....everything goes seamlessly with you, Rich). Working (gifting) with Rich, I KNOW my package will be here....sometimes days late, like the last one...; but that WAS the P.O.'s fault, as that last package was, well, I'll call it half-extremely late, but Rich, he was ready and willing to help out if it DID get lost. He kept me balanced and calm when I started to worry, and he DID supply me with tracking, unlike 'The Llama'. Rich, you are one of a few that I have absolutely no problem gifting to, and I think they are clumping just 'so-so' members together, because if anyone works with you, they'll know you can't be clumped in 'The Llama' group. piecesofme, he's one seller that I wouldn't hesitate to say 'you can trust him with 'gifting', and you'll have no worries about getting your items, unless the shipping service screws it up. 'The Llama' aside, I'd say, overall, it's pretty safe on THIS forum.....I am not so positive about any others (ok, Bullion Stackers has been good too, thanks to the suggestion by, Rich/piecesofme). If no one else says it, I will....Rich, you don't have to be worried about being clumped together with 'The Llama group'. Your morals are much too high to pull a stunt like that...you treat your buyers the way YOU'D want to be treated.
    I'll come up with something.
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep us informed on the status and I hope it works out for you. Never had to file a PP claim, although I did have to stop payment on a check for a bad ebay deal once.

Speaking of Paypal, one of the things a person agrees to when establishing an account is NOT to use the gift option for the sale of goods and/or services. Apparently some think that lining their pockets absolves them from honoring that commitment.

Living up to my agreements, to me, is worth more than 3%.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please keep us informed on the status and I hope it works out for you. Never had to file a PP claim, although I did have to stop payment on a check for a bad ebay deal once.

Speaking of Paypal, one of the things a person agrees to when establishing an account is NOT to use the gift option for the sale of goods and/or services. Apparently some think that lining their pockets absolves them from honoring that commitment.

Living up to my agreements, to me, is worth more than 3%. >>

That's a big 10 4.

Eventually those that choose to ignore the PayPal requirements, will get their "just rewards."image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭
    I myself am at times a seller here on the bst, mostly a buyer though. I tend to prefer paying with reg paypal. I add all the cost shipping and the paypal fee and if that amount is what I want to pay I buy. I always expect to pay that fee as well as a buyer. If a person is known to me or has a history here (the search function is your friend) I will pay by any method requested be it pay pal reg , pay pal gift , check , sometimes cash , money order , live chickens whatever payment method gets the deal done. I tend to prefer reg pay pal myself as a buyer its easier for me and it becomes cost that can be deducted anyway. If a person says no pay pal I very rarely will buy I seen a post here for 20 ish older PCI slabs I would of been a buyer for all of them he was one of the no pay pal crowd. For sure as a buyer one needs to pay the 3%
    for reg pay pal in my view.
  • Trust or not is not the issue using PayPal gift for a business transaction, it is violation of PayPal terms that everyone agreed to. If you read the USPS insurance terms bullion is only insured up to $15. So if a package of bullion gets lost you have no PayPal protection for a gift and no insurance over $15 no matter how much insurance was purchased unless of course you conspire to fraud the USPS and file a claim that states something other than bullion was inclosed. So now the buyer is involved in a Federal offense to let the seller off the hook because the seller didn't want to pay ( or charge) the PayPal fee to make the deal seem more attractive.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Trust or not is not the issue using PayPal gift for a business transaction, it is violation of PayPal terms that everyone agreed to. If you read the USPS insurance terms bullion is only insured up to $15. So if a package of bullion gets lost you have no PayPal protection for a gift and no insurance over $15 no matter how much insurance was purchased unless of course you conspire to fraud the USPS and file a claim that states something other than bullion was inclosed. So now the buyer is involved in a Federal offense to let the seller off the hook because the seller didn't want to pay ( or charge) the PayPal fee to make the deal seem more attractive. >>

Bullion is insured by the USPS if you send it registered. I'd think that you'd want to do a 3 roll minimum to be cost effective. Selling a roll of ASEs for $500 would cost you about $15 in PP fees which is twice what USPS insurance would cost. That doesn't seem like a good deal for either party if both are operating on slim margins. Sometimes it's better to split the fees.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problems transaction with redllama?
    Never saw that coming. image
    vpr, keep us posted on the outcome with paypal. The results of a BST transaction paypal claim could prove educational for the rest of us.

• I suppose that only leaves registered as the choice for mailing which adds about $15 more (insurance is cheap with registered and hardly an issue) or send on the cheap with flat rate priority. Chances are a well packaged priority box using a printed label with bar code is going to make it. In the event the package doesn't make it and paid with gift does the seller make the buyer whole? I know I am responsible when I ship until the buyer signs and would have to eat the loss if anything did happen and I didn't buy insurance. I seldom sell bullion. I don't ask for gift and figure PayPal fees in my asking price. That doesn't mean I'm making money. This is a hobby not a business for me and I don't want to think about how often I sell at a loss.
    Registered mail often works out cheaper than priority once a high dollar insurance value is included. In addition to covering the loss of bullion you get the added feature of much more security on the shipment. Here are some recent examples of shipping bullion from Florida (includes $1.25 electronic return receipt to satisfy paypal signature conf. requirement):

To Tuscon AZ, $2500 insurance, first class registered cost of $22.47
    To Irving CA, $12,000 insurance, medium flat rate registered cost of $43.85
    To San Antonio TX, $2000 insurance, medium flat rate registered cost of $27.60

Insurance is cheaper when using registered mail. What really drives up the cost of registered mail is the addition of the priority (vs. first class) charge. Registered mail is charged at either the first class rate or the priority rate. Shipper gets to choose if less than 13 ozs. Alway choose first class when given the option because priority does not speed up a registered shipment. Anything over 13 ozs. is required to be charged at the priority rate which costs more than first class. A shipper of priority registered mail can take advantage of the flat rate boxes which comes in very handy when shipping a lot of bullion.

My rule of thumb is all bullion, including bullion coins, is shipped registered (for the insurability) and all sales over $700 are shipped registered (works out cheaper than regular priority because of the lower insurance rate). I have not been able to find the USPS's definition of "bullion." I have shipped hundreds of registered packages over the years and have never had one get lost. The drawback is the delay in shipment because of all the security requirements that each mail handler is required to follow. Registered shipments can take anywhere from five days to two weeks.

<< <i>I suppose that only leaves registered as the choice for mailing which adds about $15 more (insurance is cheap with registered and hardly an issue) or send on the cheap with flat rate priority. Chances are a well packaged priority box using a printed label with bar code is going to make it. In the event the package doesn't make it and paid with gift does the seller make the buyer whole? I know I am responsible when I ship until the buyer signs and would have to eat the loss if anything did happen and I didn't buy insurance. I seldom sell bullion. I don't ask for gift and figure PayPal fees in my asking price. That doesn't mean I'm making money. This is a hobby not a business for me and I don't want to think about how often I sell at a loss. >>

Sending bullion priority mail is risky in that the weight is a giveaway that the contents might be valuable. One can get 5 or 6 rolls of ASEs into a small flat rate box. Also since delivery is pretty much a certainty, there is no real reason to declare full value for insurance. $1,000 is adequate.
    Those pretending to be so righteous having never (or saying they haven't, which is debateable in itself) used PPG to do a bullion/coin transaction is laughable. Gimme a break, you think I was born yesterday? Keep playing the game...
    why do you insist on making the thread about you?

<< <i>why do you insist on making the thread about you? >>

He always does that. And it doesn't matter if it isn't even about him. He has the way he wants to do things, even though against TOS, and whenever anyone says anything about it, he jumps in (even if it isn't about him at all.....it's just a guilty conscience type of thing).

The thread is about someone else, yet he jumped in with his little paypal issues...like most of his posts that aren't about him selling his "great deals" that he can't understand not everyone jumping on all at once.

Back to what the thread is actually about......now that redllama has been banned here, his thread poofed on the NGC boards (I don't think he was banned there...yet....but he hasn't posted about the issues lately, even when he was posting every few hours to lash out at others), and who knows what else.....I wonder if he will make sure things are good, or if he will just disappear (and maybe be back as an alt...)?

As for people talking about registered...all good and dandy, IF the person isn't a scammer and actually sends the right items and not just junk in order to ship something and run with the money.

Also, for the one mentioning the PCI and no paypal thread from awhile ago...if I recall right, I think I know who it was and that person was involved in some things that were either scam-like or problematic. Some folks won't do paypal at all because of principle, and I get that. Some won't do it because they have had issues with paypal and had to close their account (or paypal closed it FOR them) and so they can't have one. Those people are the ones I really avoid and would ONLY do business with on a "you send it first and if all is well, I will immediately send you the funds, in an agreed upon way".

• PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

<< <i>why do you insist on making the thread about you? >>

It's funny, the thread had nothing to do with them until they turned it that way.

<< <i>Those pretending to be so righteous having never (or saying they haven't, which is debateable in itself) used PPG to do a bullion/coin transaction is laughable. Gimme a break, you think I was born yesterday? Keep playing the game... >>

I've only responded twice to this thread and neither was in response to you or concerned anything that you posted. Neither was negative in any way and both were in response to Agentjim007 and concerned registered mail and a comment about accepting PP. My PP comment/ had nada, zilch, nil, nuttin whatsoever to do with your stance on PP or acceptance of same.
    Any update on the paypal claim by the OP?

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this scammer Redllama?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Redllama9109! image
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
    just received a full refund from Paypal.

<< <i>just received a full refund from Paypal. >>

Glad to hear that! Good thing it was regular paypal. The way he did this to you sucks.
    I was worried from the time he started posting here that he was slimy and would rip people off. I wish I hadn't of been right.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw..his NARUD eBay handle was the same. kicked off for the same reason..scammer
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."