Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Freshly made 1979 Topps Box

eBay auction

Doesn't get any fresher! Check his recent feedback from New England and McCall. Tells the whole story. But where did he get the gum?

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    LOL, you can get the ever popular Pedro Guerrero rookie. I know I am not paying attention to collecting much but can't imagine the Pete G RC is very popular.

Possible Ozzie Smith or Pedro Guerrero Rookie and other great players.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    so sad...some poor sap is about to be duped
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ¡ay, caramba!
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    It certainly lacks full transparency.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    Would Ebay pull it if enough of us complain? Guy needs to be kicked in nuts by every board member here, except for BBG
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think at least he'd be smart enough to have a separate buying account.
    Daniel
  • Options
    holy s**t TNP are the two auctions you are referring to BBG and the current fraudulent box? Is there something can be done? I would appreciate that POS seller to get out his computer generated micrometer and justify the difference in the two images. Nice investigative work.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You would think at least he'd be smart enough to have a separate buying account. >>

That was my first thought...I mean, geez, it's even the two most recent feedbacks he received!

The reseals are god-awful, too. Can't believe anyone would even bid on this crap.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    What a shame, I really feel for the person that buys this box thinking they are getting genuine product.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Great work pulling this together. I was wondering if this could be identified.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That is some messed-up stuff.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>holy s**t TNP are the two auctions you are referring to BBG and the current fraudulent box? Is there something can be done? I would appreciate that POS seller to get out his computer generated micrometer and justify the difference in the two images. Nice investigative work. >>

no, the box and wrappers were purchased from eBay seller mccall45. The cards that are in these resealed packs were likely purchased from newenglandsportscards (the seller's other recent buying feedback is from them), which I think is a division of 4SC. I don't think there is anything that suggests that a certain controversial member here has anything to do with this.
  • Options
    I just reported item and sent seller a nasty message, what else can we do?
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heading out for the evening, but I had to place a call regarding this. Whether or not it'll do any good remains to be seen, but the rep I spoke with (we actually had a coherent, fluid convo) assured me that the more red flags they receive, the better. So if you have a few spare minutes, click on 'Customer Service' (T/R on the home page), followed by 'Report an item'.......and you'll be able to take it from there. Just make sure you have the item number handy (190852857832), because it'll be required.

And if this doesn't do the trick, I have some vatos in SA. image
  • Options

<< <i>Heading out for the evening, but I had to place a call regarding this. Whether or not it'll do any good remains to be seen, but the rep I spoke with (we actually had a coherent, fluid convo) assured me that the more red flags they receive, the better. So if you have a few spare minutes, click on 'Customer Service' (T/R on the home page), followed by 'Report an item'.......and you'll be able to take it from there. Just make sure you have the item number handy (190852857832), because it'll be required.

And if this doesn't do the trick, I have some vatos in SA. image >>

Actually it is quite easy...go 1/2 way down the auction page above the item number and you'll see a "report item" button. just click on it and 3 quick questions and the report is sent - thanks every1
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>no, the box and wrappers were purchased from eBay seller mccall45. The cards that are in these resealed packs were likely purchased from newenglandsportscards (the seller's other recent buying feedback is from them), which I think is a division of 4SC. I don't think there is anything that suggests that a certain controversial member here has anything to do with this. >>

Wasn't it NESC who had listed an empty rack box and the rack header cards not too long ago? Selling rack headers are the same as selling gum in my mind... you know chances are 99.9% they are going to be used by resealing vermin!

I really had no idea resealing was so rampant on eBay before joining these boards. Unfortunately, most bidders on eBay still don't know. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Report filed.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually it is quite easy...go 1/2 way down the auction page above the item number and you'll see a "report item" button. just click on it and 3 quick questions and the report is sent - thanks every1 >>

Thanks bro. Not sure how I missed that, seeing as it's directly above the item number.

Quite possible that an obligatory shill bid was just thrown in for good measure.

A good evening to all.......we'll see what transpires.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I've purchased several 1948 Leaf wrappers and own an empty display box. I hope that doesn't cause anyone to start pointing finger at me . . . image
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    WOW, nicely done, Geordie. Feedback as buyer tells the whole story. Incredible.
  • Options
    Report filed as well, that is brazen AND ridiculous. Some people have no scruples...
    I collect vintage PSA graded SF Giants, Willie Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal and Perry. And modern players like Buster Posey, Will Clark and Barry Bonds.

youtube acct
  • Options
    And not even any good... These are amateurish wraps, at best!

And for any bidder, how often can you see the cards in your "unopened" wax BEFORE you open them . . .

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Jun-08-13 at 18:20:08 PDT, seller added the following information:
    I've gotten some questions about this auction. The packs were passed down from my father but I bought the box off eBay. So the packs and cards didn't originally come together. I'm not an expert on baseball cards so I don't know why this would matter but I just wanted to clarify.

On Jun-08-13 at 18:22:49 PDT, seller added the following information:
    Correction - The packs and box didn't originally come together.

Just added to the auction.. LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Sent: This box is a fraud, I suggest you read the PSA registry thread - you will be exposed very soon you piece of sh*t

Reply: What is PSA registery? I bought the box but the packs inside were my dad's.

Sent:http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=890998&STARTPAGE=1

Reply: Thank you for the heads up. I will edit the listing to show that I bought the box separately and that the packs did not come from that box.

Assessment: Occupy Wall-street protestor finds gainful employment Obama extolls the lower unemployment rate.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Assessment: Another Capitalist practicing capitalist ideals. Lying, cheating, stealing is OK in the pursuit of a buck. >>

Fixed it for ya!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Someone is going to nail a GEM MINT 10 on that Koosman...this guy is only trying to better our hobby.
  • Options
    ...and this is why you don't sell boxes, wrappers AND the damn gum you goofball.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Assessment: Another Capitalist practicing capitalist ideals. Lying, cheating, stealing is OK in the pursuit of a buck. >>

Fixed it for ya! >>

Naw, a true capitalist would have been too smart to get caught...this guy is obviously on pot image
  • Options
    JuggsJuggs Posts: 495
    You guys are awesome....unless I'm selling some shady stuff on ebay, then I hate you all.
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I just bid $10,000. I'm not letting this guy sell this.

Bubblebath, you promote crap like this.
  • Options

<< <i>You guys are awesome....unless I'm selling some shady stuff on ebay, then I hate you all. >>

+1 - now that's funny! image
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    +1 million for ergoism.

Well done, sir.

Ride this POS like a Grand Canyon mule.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>+1 million for ergoism.

Well done, sir. >>

I second the motion!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    Man, ease up on this guy. He has stated at least twice those bogus, poorly re-sealed packs were passed down from his father.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    If I bid 11,000 can we stick this guy with the selling fees?
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the sellers story is true and he got the packs from his dad. Is it possible the guys dad was the worlds worst re-sealer and the seller is just now finding out his dad wasn't perfect? That's a rough moment.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>If I bid 11,000 can we stick this guy with the selling fees? >>

Yes, but I'm going to outbid you!
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

I'll take it up a lot higher than that if necessary.

• Options
    weeeee!!! this is actually fun now

TheGreatest79WaxboxEver

Damn! You guys didn't even give me 1 minute with that box at 10K
  • Options

<< <i>weeeee!!! this is actually fun now >>

Henry, that is just wrong.

I like it though. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yes, but I'm going to outbid you! >>

LOL

Justin
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Damn!

I'm out bid at $22k!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    418 views on the auction!

LMAO!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    Unfortunately, now he has the opportunity to cancel the bids and end the auction. The fun thing would've been a couple of people agreeing to put in some massive snipes at the end. That would've left him with no chance and then the delay in getting it settled.
  • Options

<< <i>Damn!

I'm out bid at $22k! >>

Come on Tom, you are going up against some hobby heavyweights. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>Unfortunately, now he has the opportunity to cancel the bids and end the auction. The fun thing would've been a couple of people agreeing to put in some massive snipes at the end. That would've left him with no chance and then the delay in getting it settled. >>

Scott, you are right about that. The problem is this guy will only get better next time and use another account to buy from. Hopefully, he gets spooked and moves on to something else, but with the way money is flying with unopened lately, you'll see more and more of this.

Collecting:
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn!

I'm out bid at $22k! >>

8 days 21 hrs to go
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>Unfortunately, now he has the opportunity to cancel the bids and end the auction. The fun thing would've been a couple of people agreeing to put in some massive snipes at the end. That would've left him with no chance and then the delay in getting it settled. >>

Believe it or not, this way is still very fun. He's going to have a very hard time selling this box.
  • Options
    That guy has to be pissing his pants and swearing off pot as I type...hmm, I seem to be against some tough competition, I might have to go the chip bidding route
This discussion has been closed.